User Lists: 0

Holy shit is that Power Plug?

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I was a really dumb, very "out there" kinda child. Not really in my behavior (that most people could see...I think), but the kinds of thoughts I had.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I have Marcques be inactive for a week and you already are dealing with a worldwide pandemic?

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129554  Edited By Marcques_

Has anyone addressed the effect of COVID-19 in the CVnU? Because if no, then I would like to set the standards around what it is and its spread.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129555 Nordok  Moderator

Has anyone addressed the effect of COVID-19 in the CVnU? Because if no, then I would like to.

I would actually discourage this, even though there's no rule against it. This is a currently unfolding real-world crisis that is impacting a lot of people (including some on here); using it as a device for superhero roleplaying could come across as deeply insensitive, regardless of how benign the intent.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: Gotcha, I will follow this advice.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129557 Nordok  Moderator

@marcques_: I appreciate it, as well as where you're coming from. I know I'd love to take out my frustrations on the pandemic using some of my characters, but in a public forum, we have to be careful about perception.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: I usually forget that my actions and stories have effect on other people even if I don't have anyone to reply to. So I tend to ignore perception and my overall reputation as a writer.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber: as in look, character or both?

Both! I've never been a big Wolverine fan, where as I have always loved Marc!

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSS

Shoot-Shovel-Shut-up

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir: And here I thought it always meant Super Soldier Serum

XD

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber:

I've never been a big Wolverine fan

No Caption Provided

Oh Yeah! And I am also a Batman fan! So There!!!! Checkmate and match!

Kid_Kinetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber: So are you a Batman > Superman fan or just a Batman fan?

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129566  Edited By Van-Owen
Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129567  Edited By Backstabber

@backstabber: So are you a Batman > Superman fan or just a Batman fan?

I respect them both as the best of what they do and represent, both when it comes down to it I love Batman more.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Kinetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Batman is superior. Like, light-years ahead.

I have nothing against Clark though.

Kid_Kinetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You two have failed me :( }

Clark is best.

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay: @kid_kinetic:

Superman is cool!

Definitely one of my childhood favorites. But Batman comes directly after Wally West and Jason Todd.

Batman's simply a better-rounded character, better traits, and he's much more relateable as a person, at least in my eyes.

Kid_Kinetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker: I know I respect your reason! I'm just messing.

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_kinetic:

But at the end of the Day...

Red Hood is the best out of the Batfamily.

Come on you all know it's true.

Kid_Kinetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129576  Edited By Jai_Walker

@kid_kinetic:

Ehhh. Dick is cool.

But he's no Jason Todd.

Dude one-shot Lady Shiva and Ra's Al Ghul.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude...I feel like throwing my laptop every time CV deletes my message >_<

Kid_Kinetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude...I feel like throwing my laptop every time CV deletes my message >_<

Just happened to me 5 minutes ago U_U

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfamily has so many good characters that there's no definitive answer.

But I disagree anyway, lolz.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Hood/ Jason Todd is so many things I hate about comic cliches wrapped up into once character.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129582  Edited By Chase_Moone

@juno_fei:

Why?

Best Batfamily member off the jump.

And I mean why. I'm very curious.

I bet I can change your mind.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chase_moone: Nothing against you, but my opinion is very... Solid. I've done more than enough debates on that character, and I have little interest in having another lol.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juno_fei:

Alright,

I've literally never met anyone who disliked Jason tho.

I've always felt he was the most dynamic and compelling over the whole family...except maybe Alfred.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juno_fei: Nice to see you ^_^

@juno_fei:

Alright,

I've literally never met anyone who disliked Jason tho.

I've always felt he was the most dynamic and compelling over the whole family...except maybe Alfred.

No Caption Provided

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge:

I really haven't! But I mean sue me I guess.

Me and my homies are all like mondo comic nerds and we can all agree on like three things.

One God King Doom...Fuego.

Two: Jason Todd, most badass and interesting member of the Batfam, even his shitty history is interesting.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129587  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@chase_moone: I mean I don't like him lol. I used to be a huge Batman family fanboy, but I've slouched in my time, so I could be out of my depth. But to me, he was never really a unique or even interesting character outside of the generic "vigilante bad@ss" tropes.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra Cain.

That is all.

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

Cassandra Cain.

That is all.

I second this motion.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129590  Edited By Chase_Moone

@cutting_edge:

That's untrue tho. If you delve deep enough into his character you'll see a lot of the aspects that make him super interesting. To me he always stuck out because he wasn't like Tim or Dick or Cassandra Cain or the others, each of them had something going for them, something that made them incredibly unique and valuable, Dick had his acrobatics, Tim was smarter than Bruce was, and Cassandra was just...wow.

Jason had literally nothing, grew up with nothing but the streets to hold his back, he was a Batman fanboy who finally got his dream to roll with the Caped Crusader.

But in my opinion it wasn't Jason who was screwed up.

It was Bruce, see he was so full of himself because he managed to succeed with Dick that he thought that he could pick up some street rat and turn him into a superhero. But in that hubris he totally forgot that Jason wasn't Dick, and Jason learned that Dick was the standard that he had to become if he ever wanted to be seen in Bruce's eyes.

Being thrown into a situation like that led to Jason having incredible insecurities that Bruce couldn't handle even going as far to dye his originally orange hair black so that he could look more like Dick. Because Bruce wanted him to look more like Dick. This is what leads to his violent escapades as Robin, which led to him being killed by the Joker. I feel like Jason was let down by the expectations of being Robin because he was never taught what it meant. He was simply given the means and skills of Batman and thrust in the fray and told to beat the shit out of criminals.

After he's resurrected by the Lazarus Pit you get an even larger insight to his character, he wasn't malicious when he regained his sanity, he wasn't bent on becoming A mass murderer and tearing down Gothams underworld, he was actually fully content on going back home and reuniting with his family. But it was when he found out that A: Joker was still alive and B: He had been replaced that things started going downhill and you could really feel that insecurity building back up.

I mean honestly it would be a huge Fu if your dad watched you die, didn't do anything about it, and then replaced you months later.

Under The Red Hood did a fantastic job in highlighting Jason's character. He feels let down that Bruce didn't avenge his death because he thought Bruce didn't think he was worth avenging which isn't so far fetched in my opinion.

After the New 52 reboot he came back way better than before and transformed from an angsty sad dude into a warrior of pure heart. He knows the balance of life and death and knows when to not cross it, and Red Hood and The Outlaws was one of DC's biggest successes in the whole reboot of failures it had. And when Rebirth hit it just amplified that like 100x, contrary to popular belief Jason's not a brute or crazy or any of that, he's actually like super compassionate and kind.

Excuse my fanboyism *LOL* I relate more to Jason than any other comic book character, I've been through similar situations and it just resonates super deep with me *LMAO*

Note: This took super long cause I was cleaning. I just wanted to give you a better understanding because I've read like every issue of Red Hood.

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She ain't even the best Batgirl.

Barbara > Cass.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

Naaaah, Stephanie's time as Batgirl is my favorite of them all.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

Naaaah, Stephanie's time as Batgirl is my favorite of them all.

Plus her suit looked the best.

William_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly out of the entire “Bat-family” the only ones I liked, so to speak, were Tim, Bruce, and Barbara. While I do incorporate some Jason Todd stuff into my work it’s kind of more for the aesthetic.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww, look at the cute little peons thinking this is up for debate.
Aww, look at the cute little peons thinking this is up for debate.

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Small-minded, smh.

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I wanna participate in that thread but it's too lengthy just for a counter.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge:

That's untrue tho. If you delve deep enough into his character you'll see a lot of the aspects that make him super interesting. To me he always stuck out because he wasn't like Tim or Dick or Cassandra Cain or the others, each of them had something going for them, something that made them incredibly unique and valuable, Dick had his acrobatics, Tim was smarter than Bruce was, and Cassandra was just...wow.

Jason had literally nothing, grew up with nothing but the streets to hold his back, he was a Batman fanboy who finally got his dream to roll with the Caped Crusader.

But in my opinion it wasn't Jason who was screwed up.

It was Bruce, see he was so full of himself because he managed to succeed with Dick that he thought that he could pick up some street rat and turn him into a superhero. But in that hubris he totally forgot that Jason wasn't Dick, and Jason learned that Dick was the standard that he had to become if he ever wanted to be seen in Bruce's eyes.

Being thrown into a situation like that led to Jason having incredible insecurities that Bruce couldn't handle even going as far to dye his originally orange hair black so that he could look more like Dick. Because Bruce wanted him to look more like Dick. This is what leads to his violent escapades as Robin, which led to him being killed by the Joker. I feel like Jason was let down by the expectations of being Robin because he was never taught what it meant. He was simply given the means and skills of Batman and thrust in the fray and told to beat the shit out of criminals.

After he's resurrected by the Lazarus Pit you get an even larger insight to his character, he wasn't malicious when he regained his sanity, he wasn't bent on becoming A mass murderer and tearing down Gothams underworld, he was actually fully content on going back home and reuniting with his family. But it was when he found out that A: Joker was still alive and B: He had been replaced that things started going downhill and you could really feel that insecurity building back up.

I mean honestly it would be a huge Fu if your dad watched you die, didn't do anything about it, and then replaced you months later.

Under The Red Hood did a fantastic job in highlighting Jason's character. He feels let down that Bruce didn't avenge his death because he thought Bruce didn't think he was worth avenging which isn't so far fetched in my opinion.

After the New 52 reboot he came back way better than before and transformed from an angsty sad dude into a warrior of pure heart. He knows the balance of life and death and knows when to not cross it, and Red Hood and The Outlaws was one of DC's biggest successes in the whole reboot of failures it had. And when Rebirth hit it just amplified that like 100x, contrary to popular belief Jason's not a brute or crazy or any of that, he's actually like super compassionate and kind.

Excuse my fanboyism *LOL* I relate more to Jason than any other comic book character, I've been through similar situations and it just resonates super deep with me *LMAO*

Note: This took super long cause I was cleaning. I just wanted to give you a better understanding because I've read like every issue of Red Hood.

Alright, I can see why you like him. He's more interesting than I gave him credit for, though he still isn't quite for me.

Honestly out of the entire “Bat-family” the only ones I liked, so to speak, were Tim, Bruce, and Barbara. While I do incorporate some Jason Todd stuff into my work it’s kind of more for the aesthetic.

For me it's those three plus Dick as the ones I like the most. Richard is hands down my favorite member of the family, outside of Bruce.