Writing Confessions

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rosso: Oh I was half-joking. The hex bar is definitely much better for deadlifting than a standard barbell. Your body's in a more asymmetrical position when using a standard barbell whereas with the hex bar, your arms by your sides and you're in a more symmetrical stance. So it's a lot safer, especially if the alternative is deadlifting with a standard barbell using the over-under grip, which risks tearing your bicep on top of the potential spinal issues. I don't deadlift nearly as often as I used to, but when I do, it's always with the hex bar because of the injury risks with conventional deadlifts.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't even really been able to focus since we got the news. This feels unreal.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx:

Getting a raise at work.
Getting a raise at work.

It's not effective til mid-October, but that doesn't bother me any because the pay is already solid, and it's quite a significant one.

My energy levels crossed right over "adequate" and skipped straight to "too excited to be productive!"

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, in hindsight, I can see how, with everything lately, it seemed like a bad thing happened. My sorries, people. Everything is fine.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Hehe, yeah, I was actually worried something bad happened. Not a problem! I'm glad your getting a raise. ^_^

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Yeah, sorry about that.

This is why I have a hard time saying things without overthinking. Stuff like that happens.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new way posts work is incredible.

And also potentially dangerous, I can see that already.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Like I said, not a problem. ~_^

And I love your new avatar!

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Thanks! Hopefully it'll keep ke satisfied for a while. It's the last one I had on deck (I actually forgot I had it in the folder for a while).

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H.P. Lovecraft has a lot of great work to borrow from. Too bad he was insanely racist.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this may be my best Blog yet...

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really need to get to that Ultra-Woman blog...

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Lamar named Dropped the Shaytan in reference to his fighting style, like Ziccarra wasn't Quintus wife
When Lamar named Dropped the Shaytan in reference to his fighting style, like Ziccarra wasn't Quintus wife

lolz

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H.P. Lovecraft has a lot of great work to borrow from. Too bad he was insanely racist.

+100. He was such a brilliant writer, and his influence will be felt in the horror genre for another hundred years. Like you said though, he couldn't get away from his time's bigotry :/

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually, I wanna get affiliated with S.T.R.I.K.E.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_morana: I respect the work, but not the man, is all that I'll say.

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you ever just sit there and feel jealous of/sorry for your alternate universe selves who have better and worse lives than you?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you hear coyotes from a distance 👀

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Well, that's why I brought it up. My mind was going there tonight.

Ultra-Woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra-Woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Ahh, I see. Truthfully, I think about this sort of thing a little too much.

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think about just how weird it would be to meet another me from a different universe. Think about it! It's not a clone, or a doppelgänger from folklore, it's you. Sure, maybe they have different experiences that made them different people, but they think exactly like you do. Your first thoughts at seeing them would be their first thoughts at seeing you. You'd both have the same voice, same posture, same mannerisms and mothers and fathers. I actually think the average person would go into shock from trying to talk to their exact double.

That's not even getting into if they're an "evil" version of you, like, the worst possible outcome of your person. Could you imagine what it would be like to be harassed or bullied or even attacked by you? Again, these people think exactly as you do. Any plan you hatch or tactic you employ, they already thought about it. It could drive people crazy.

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120826  Edited By 8th_Wonder

The day string theory is supported by empirical evidence is the day people will really start to freak out about the possibility of other universes.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Early come-down. Might actually get to bed at a responsible hour tonight. Which means I might just have a productive tomorrow.

But Thursday is gonna be miserable. So I should try to do as much as I can Wednesday.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_morana: I want to meet them all. Every. Single. One.

I would kill the ones who deserved it, and help the ones who needed it.

Avatar image for erinys_draconis
Erinys_Draconis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Wasn't that the plot of Jet Li's "The One?"

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: You'd be spending your entire lifetime trying to meet every single one! Also, would you really be capable of killing what is basically yourself? That's like "normal" murder times a thousand lol.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp...Time to redo my bio.....Again...

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_morana: @rosso: Well, assuming that the multiverse theory is true, every conceivable variation of your being would exist. Some would be almost identical to you, some would be almost completely alien. Experience, intelligence, knowledge, skill, ability, etc. There is no end to what version of yourself you could meet up with. Which means, there are an infinite number of universes where I am even more of coward and weakling, and I could easily kick my ass. But on the other hand, there are also loads of evil super genius versions of myself that could annihilate me with a thought. The possibilities are endless, so it’s best not to medal with that kind of stuff.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erinys_draconis: I don't think I saw that. But I saw a clip as a child and I remember being fascinated trying to figure out how they got him to fight himself.

@max_morana: Well I don't know! I'm sure there are at least a lot of them better than I am because they've had more ideal situations than I have as far as training. But I am pretty crafty, and it's pretty much my job to believe I'm the best of all of us.

And I would have no qualms about killing me if I did terrible things. Imagining...there'd almost certainly be some version of me who is just the worst. Oh! But you know what's even worse?

Imagine all the versions of you who you wouldn't get to meet, and let your mind go wild thinking about all the different reasons for that.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: If I ever find out there's a Heaven, and I get there, I'm gonna ask God to let me play around with these things.

Ultra-Woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think about just how weird it would be to meet another me from a different universe. Think about it! It's not a clone, or a doppelgänger from folklore, it's you. Sure, maybe they have different experiences that made them different people, but they think exactly like you do. Your first thoughts at seeing them would be their first thoughts at seeing you. You'd both have the same voice, same posture, same mannerisms and mothers and fathers. I actually think the average person would go into shock from trying to talk to their exact double.

That's not even getting into if they're an "evil" version of you, like, the worst possible outcome of your person. Could you imagine what it would be like to be harassed or bullied or even attacked by you? Again, these people think exactly as you do. Any plan you hatch or tactic you employ, they already thought about it. It could drive people crazy.

And then you say this. *LOL* I did not need to think about this imagery! :P

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Same goes for me. I doubt that he would let it happen, but hey, I like Rick and Morte and I’m a curious person by nature.

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Even even worse, what if you are the worst variant? Like, obviously not when it comes to evil or anything like that. But the worst in terms of success, health, intelligence and happiness? That keeps me up at night.

I don't know if I could kill another me. Actually, it might be easier to kill another me than another person? That's a moral conundrum I wasn't prepared for tonight.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_morana: Don’t even worry about it. There a just as many less successful versions of you as there as more successful ones. As for killing myself, I would have no sympathy or remorse for an evil version of me. Which I guess says a lot about my self perception lol.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_morana: If I'm being honest, I don't think that would be worse for me. Intelligence, maybe. That's one thing that strikes me differently. But I'm pretty darn healthy so if my other selves are healthier it's even better for them, and it doesn't really mean anything bad for me (unless the Zauby who lures men and women back home so she can poison them has better skill and cardio than I do. I couldn't take losing to that bitch). But I'd have a harder time, mentally, dealing with all of my selves who were worse off than I am. That would kill me inside. If I'm the worst...well, I'm used to it, and it's not so bad all the time. I actually have a really good time with my life, generally speaking. So I'd be happy to shoulder that burden for them. But that's just how I am. Somewhere between altruism and arrogance/a messiah complex.

Depends who the other person is. ;-P

@mister_surreal:Closed mouths don't get fed! It's worth a shot.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Well said, may I quote you on that?

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I'm not afraid to admit that seeing alts of me that are worse off would actually make me feel better about myself? lol. Don't get me wrong, I have most of the success I've mapped out for the age I am now. I'm happy and healthy and secure, but seeing an unfortunate version would just be a good reminder that things could always be worse. I think I'd reach out to my lesser alts and give them guidance on how to be better versions. Then, once the union is formed, we can travel the multiverse in numbers and imprison the evil versions XD

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: “Closed mouths don't get fed!”

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_morana: There's nothing wrong with that, as far as I know. That's just different personalities manifesting in their ways.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers