Epic.
Epic.

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If other people can be sexy why not let Altair?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60324cd907a0e
deactivated-60324cd907a0e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe Nate's actually stepping into the octagon a few days from now, LOL.

Ryan_McKinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gunna change my channel's name from Achievement Unlocked to A-hun, because the first is a LONG ass search

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really into anime, but Black Lagoon has some serious firearm fan service.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna get fired for being too snappy, both at the other officer (who, to be fair, lied so she could try to take advantage of my newness), and at the tenants and contractors.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost surprised at how bold Ben Askren still feels like he can be, wagging his chin and his thumbs.

Not totally surprised though. You need a certain ego (or otherwise insecurity) to be a fighter. Mainly I'm surprised we didn't even get a cooldown period.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119711  Edited By ParagonxXx

I really don't understand the undue hatred the armored costume of Daredevil gets in the Netflix TV series. For a TV show, it's a GREAT looking costume. Plus, it makes perfect sense for someone like Daredevil to wear some form of body armor considering his street level status as a vigilante. It's smart, it's practical and looks fantastic.

I can't help but wonder if the unnecessary fan hate led the showrunners into going back to the black suit for season 3. I also wonder why and how the black suit is held in higher regard than the armored costume when the armored one was so much better.

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx:

I liked it a lot! Plus the fact that they managed to have it be body armor but not have it hinder his mobility upped it even more in my opinion. I'd honestly rather see the armor than some Spandex or something as equally dumb. I think the costume adds fashion just as much as function so I don't personally see anything wring with it.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119713  Edited By ParagonxXx

@thomas_richards: Awesome! Good to hear. ^_^

I'd honestly rather see the armor than some Spandex or something as equally dumb.

This is one of the reasons why I despise the black suit from season 1. While it made sense to wear it since Matt was first starting off in season 1, he never should have gone back to it once he started wearing the red armored look and I really wish the showrunners hadn't written in a reason for the black suit's return.

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx:

I really wish the showrunners hadn't written in a reason for it's return.

I thought it was severely dumb and did not see a reason for it at all. He could have updated his armor or anything else to help him efficiently solve this problem, but instead he chose to use the suit that was the least efficient. That's like starting out super poor. Getting super rich. Then deciding to go back to being poor...I didn't get it. But I still liked the season.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119715  Edited By Juno_Fei
@thomas_richards said:

@paragonxxx:

I really wish the showrunners hadn't written in a reason for it's return.

That's like starting out super poor. Getting super rich. Then deciding to go back to being poor...

Well, Matt was technically as poor as someone could get after what happened to him in Defenders. Plus, the reversion made total sense for the overall theme of rebirth in season 3. He had to go back to why he started fighting crime in the first place, to be humble. With the suit he grew to rely on becoming a symbol of mockery, hell, even being embodied as a literal demon that he has to face throughout the season. Executive meddling aside, I actually dug the reason why Matt went back to black.

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juno_fei:

I haven't watched DD in a while, but didn't he get his suit for free the first time? Cause he was tight with the craftsman of his armor? He saved his life or some sh*t like that in Season 1? And I mean sure that's cool and everything that he went back to his OG costume to be humble, but I mean...When the Chameleon or all of those other villains who decided to cosplay and make Spider-Man look like sh*t Peter didn't just put on his OG wrestler costume and fight them old school. He used his current gear and he took the problem out as fast as he could to prove his innocence.

Now I get what your saying from a viewer standpoint, I'm just seeing it in a practical way. Like if I was Matt, I would have suited up in that Spare that he had and, taken the problem down as fast as I could. I get the symbolism for it. So I can agree with you from that standpoint

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe Nate's actually stepping into the octagon a few days from now, LOL.

you think he'll win?

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomas_richards: Even practically speaking, Matt couldn't even wear the suit if he wanted to. Because of what happened in Defenders, his suit was totally destroyed as a result. As I recall, he even makes a mention of how he only had the one suit that the Armorer made for him. He couldn't get another one, because by season three, the Armorer was back in Fisk's pocket, and wouldn't have made Matt one anyways. So he was reduced back to his most primal attire.

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119720  Edited By The_Outlaw

@juno_fei:

Yeah see I have to go back and rewatch all of this. Thanks for that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder said:

you think he'll win?

He could win but I don't think he will. Nate Diaz is basically a boxer with good BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu). Specifically, he's a tall and lanky counter-puncher who often fights either moving backwards or staying stationary whilst waiting for the opponent to throw something to counter. He always stands really heavy on his lead leg, which exposes it to leg kicks a lot, and Nate himself rarely throws kicks and doesn't check his opponent's kicks either. And despite his high-level BJJ, he rarely attempts any takedowns to move the fight to the ground. He doesn't really dictate where his fights take place or how they take place.

He sits back and counters, he doesn't pressure the opponent. The guy he's fighting, Anthony Pettis, is a bad stylistic matchup for him. He's a fast and heavy kicker of all kinds, head kicks, body kicks, leg kicks. Nate being so vulnerable to leg kicks, is going to have his lead leg brutalized by leg kicks from a guy who throws them with good power, a lot of speed, and almost no telegraphing in his kicks. Anthony Pettis has a lot of flaws as a fighter but his kicking game is great, and he's facing a guy who is pretty vulnerable to leg kicks. Conor McGregor was able to make his second fight with Nate a lot more competitive just by including leg kicks in his gameplan, and Conor isn't anywhere near the kicker that Anthony Pettis is.

So I'd pick Pettis to win but that isn't to say Nate can't win. It's just that the people who beat Pettis tend to exploit his weaknesses e.g. his vulnerability to forward pressure, not knowing how to counter off the backfoot very well, and a few other things. Nate's style doesn't attack those weaknesses. But we'll see.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta love how Valentina is responding to Cejudo. It's really the only right way to respond in that situation. Like someone humouring a child.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, Sasha looks fantastic.

Second, the timing couldn't be more perfect. Feels like Becky'd really started to slow down, and a major part of that was the problem of "who?" To keep a character from going stale, you need an adversary who isn't just a stand-in, and unfortunately that's all Natty was. Hard to invest when you already know the outcome. Lacey Evans got more buy-in as a threat for me personally, and she was arguably a case of "too soon" as well as "completely mismanaged." They could've probably gotten some play out of Becky's history with Bliss, at least some, although something needs to happen for Bliss to ramp up again because as meteoric as her rise felt, she's cooled off immensely, especially since having Twitter spats about fans chanting things during one of her matches [which, to be fair, in a match like that isn't entirely her fault.] But it couldn't be her, not the way she is now. And she needs someone who isn't Charlotte. [Although a Triple Threat with her and Charlotte and Sasha, or Fatal-4-Way with the Horsewomen, would be perfect if WWE could manage a 4-way feud like that.]

Sasha was perfect. With her completely gone from TV since wrestlemania, making cryptic SM posts, people questioning whether she was gonna jump ship, her showing up was guaranteed hype. And well-managed. Sasha is someone who, unlike the others, can bring an interest to both characters, not just Becky Lynch. With her being fresh off of a return, and being who she is, there's a legit feel that she could be a threat to Becky, like you don't know who's gonna come out on top. [I find me saying this ironic since one of my main issues with WWE was how badly they've mismanaged Sasha in the past.] And maybe it's too early to tell, but so far it feels like the kind of energy she brings is a perfect contrast to what Becky brings.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knocking off all my PMs in the weekend. I still need to update certain people on Ven >_<

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Well, when you put it that way...

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder: Exquisite breakdown. I like reading your stuff.

But I'mma play devil's advocate and pick Diaz. He's an all-around exciting dude and I would love to see him win in his return. I'm far from an expert or anything, though I think it'll be a good fight regardless of the outcome.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Av bet.

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hit those double digit subs

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ Sha--what were my two Pokemon? LOL

No Caption Provided

Orb-Weaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles' suit or Peter's suit. Hmm. Decisions. Decisions.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orb-Weaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool to see Avengers and X-Men style teams on CV.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it when some self-important office monkey tries to hit me with the high and mighty act. It's the most satisfying thing to shut down.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder: Agreed and 8th Wonder can lead the Avengers style team (at least, that's my vote ~_^) and Valerie Huntington can lead the X-Men style team. ^_^

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119736  Edited By _Dirge_

Nightwolf seems balanced so far.

Maybe I should've multiclassed Gloom Stalker Ranger instead of War Cleric. That opening nova round from GS would've been amazing to see in action. Also hunter's mark.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_: Ball...dropped. Gloom Stalker and you passed it up!? Granted, last time you took a class that was on the Zauby Hype List you died, but I think I remember you saying GS was a perfect fit for a campaign like the one y'all got going.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s ironic that I had Poseidon protect Helena from Zeus wrath, given the feud between Poseidon and Athena throughout Greek literature.

I’ve been planning these two massive events for months and now it’s drawing near ?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: Even more ironically, maybe Poseidon protected Helena because sometime in the past, Helena saved Poseidon's life so he owed her. How's that for a twist? ^_^

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_: I know! But the 2 levels in war cleric seem's better in longer, more intense boss fights. Being able to use bane and lower the opponent's wisdom score gives me a much higher chance to stun big bads and lock them down a round. That's a full round we can dog pile'em and they can't use their crazy spells, or abilities, or the BB's burn through their legendary resistances to overcome being stunned, meaning they won't be able to use them against our group's high damage spells. Also, I get cantrips, Divine favor, bless.(better AC) Also it's just a two level dip instead of three. Which means more ki points in the long term. But I kinda regret not taking Gloom Stalker. It seemed more suited for Roland from an RP perspective.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Well Helena has been wandering Earth since Ancient Rome, so that isn’t a far fetched idea. The Gods can’t die though, only injured or dethroned. They could fade from existence from a lack of worship, but seeing as how America indirectly worships them, they will never fade. Also if they run out of nectar, which keeps them immortal. So if Helena did do something for Poseidon, it would be something that doesn’t involve protecting his life. Speaking of nectar though, I just hatched an idea: I am going to do do an RP where the Gods start panicking because they’re running out of ambrosia and nectar, which leads to a massive quest to keep them immortal ?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: Even worse! The gods are aging and becoming mortal! Oh no!

Seriously, awesome idea. Totally down with that. ^_^

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: That’s exactly what would happen if they ran out of nectar and ambrosia.

I’ll put you down on the list ?

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want some of that Astronium. Hmm.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_: I will have a proper response to that tonight (provided I remember), when I can access my laptop and search them both up to compare.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSG are in no position to negotiate but they'll try, LOL.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orb-Weaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been considering it for awhile, but nothing concrete.

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder said:

I've been considering it for awhile, but nothing concrete.

I'd join something like that XD