Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#113351 Feral Nova  Moderator

@lucian_lebeau:

i didn’t like Widows Death especially when she suppose to be having a movie out soon. It means it’s just gonna end up being a flashback story or origin story. I was hoping it was gonna be a current story with whatever is going on in the mcu. I wasn’t a huge fan of Falcon being the next Cap either. I was really hoping it was going to be Bucky. Or they would just retire the title Idk.

I’m not gonna lie my favorite part is when all the women ready up with Cap M with the gauntlet. I fangirled hard. But my biggest fan girl was cap using The hammer. Like damn man, that was freaken awesome LOL

Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@paragonxxx:

So bloodthirsty I can barely sit still. How are you?
So bloodthirsty I can barely sit still. How are you?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113353  Edited By ParagonxXx
Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First BB rp will be up soon! (Hopefully)

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logic of the witch hunter is simple. It has hardly changed since Matthew Hopkins’ day. The first requirement is to invert the reality of power. Power at its most basic level is the power to harm or destroy other human beings. The obvious reality is that witch hunters gang up and destroy witches. Whereas witches are never, ever seen to gang up and destroy witch hunters. By this test alone, we can see that the conspiracy is imaginary rather than real.

Think about it. Obviously, if the witches had any power whatsoever, they wouldn’t waste their time gallivanting around on broomsticks, fellating Satan and cursing cows with sour milk. They’re getting burned right and left, for Christ’s sake! Priorities! No, they’d turn the tables and lay some serious voodoo on the witch-hunters. In a country where anyone who speaks out against the witches is soon found dangling by his heels from an oak at midnight with his head shrunk to the size of a baseball, we won’t see a lot of witch-hunting and we know there’s a serious witch problem. In a country where witch-hunting is a stable and lucrative career, and also an amateur pastime enjoyed by millions of hobbyists on the weekend, we know there are no real witches worth a damn.

Mencius Moldbug
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0fac097137a
deactivated-5e0fac097137a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought I would love an alt the same way I love Shield-Maiden

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way they're sneaking the spoilers into their comments to get people to read them is kinda impressive.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113358  Edited By _Araneae_

I cried several times. Also lots of fangirl moments.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113359  Edited By Rosso

I feel like God pulled a practical joke on me with Nat being so close to the Soul Stone of all stones, but sacrificing herself. And I love finally seeing Hawkeye get to do more. I just hate that it came at the cost of not getting nearly enough time with her.

And I agree with @feral_nova about doing that in conjunction with her solo film.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

I was never interested in a Black Widow movie which took place Post-Avengers. Too many questions, too dull an edge, among other things. But Black Widow origin movie? Thats like Hana, Haywire, Red Sparrow, Atomic Blonde, etc. We'll get to see how and WHO Black Widow really is, or was. And hopefully we'll get the Budapest story :)

Its crazy how Widow's death hammer's home Gamora's death. Aint no coming back from that Soul Stone death son lol

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3rd time an counting...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d091f0b7a602
deactivated-5d091f0b7a602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Governmental agencies this character this character can join in on?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I actually cried when that happened in the movie.

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better go watch it before anything else gets spoiled.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What alls been spoiled for ya so far?

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to see Avengers today ✌?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec33d087b387
deactivated-5ec33d087b387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure I could make Leonie/Gearheart romantic subplot work. It could play into their eventual separation down the line, I don't think you can have two being share one vessel forever. It'll also contribute into overarching theme of AI/Synthetic life and if it's on equal footing with natural life.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to see Avengers today ✌?

Badass! Enjoy, come back and talk spoilers with me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, I got some of the important parts spoiled for me...

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers suck. 90% sure I've been spoiled on Rise of Skyalker :/ Luckily I dodged ALL Endgame spoilers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucian_lebeau: They sure do lol. I deleted all of my social media just so I don't get spoiled, (again)

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

I was never interested in a Black Widow movie which took place Post-Avengers. Too many questions, too dull an edge, among other things. But Black Widow origin movie? Thats like Hana, Haywire, Red Sparrow, Atomic Blonde, etc. We'll get to see how and WHO Black Widow really is, or was. And hopefully we'll get the Budapest story :)

Its crazy how Widow's death hammer's home Gamora's death. Aint no coming back from that Soul Stone death son lol

I can see that about the solo film, in a way. It's kinda funny because before Endgame I just took it as a given that the BW film was gonna take place pre-Avengers, but it was one of those things that slipped my mind when I entered the theatre, so when I knew she wasn't coming back I went "wait, but she still has a movie to come out!" Even though all along I'd been assuming her movie would be a prequel-type thing.

Although I don't think a post-Avengers Widow movie wouldn't be enjoyable [and here's hoping Marvel doesn't start dropping the ball now], after everything we just saw, and with the way Endgame left us, I can kinda see what you mean. [Even more since I started digesting as I was typing this message.]

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec33d087b387
deactivated-5ec33d087b387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoils don't bother me none.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_:

When did it sink in for you that, 'oh shit one of them aint coming back...'

It took me forever lol. Wasnt until I saw Red Skull again that I went oh shit thats right one of thems gotta go over the edge. It should have been obvious waaaaay back when they were making teams but there was so much going on and my nerves were so scattered that I didnt even make the connection at first.

Was the A-Force reveal your fav part too or did you have another? I really think outside the Cap/Hammer scene that Wanda almost going full House of M was mine.

I'm also worried Marvel Phase 4 is gonna be sub-par by comparison :/ hope not. The streaming service sounds promising though. Loki, Wanda/Vision, and Falcon/Winter Solider could all be really great shows. Especially if they explore House of M. I might lose my shit if they did that.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113376 Feral Nova  Moderator
_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucian_lebeau: It hit me that someone was gonna die when I saw where they actually went. Once I saw they were at the same place Thanos and Gamora went, I knew they were both gonna try to sacrifice themselves. Because neither is the type to throw the other over. And I knew it'd be Nat who died because Clint justbecame Ronin, and the Russo brothers aren't daft enough to waste that. And he had his family to get back to. [Although some part of me also wondered "what if they do this as part of his redemption? He sacrifices himself and Nat is supposed to break it to his family?" It was almost even in that regard. But then I just kept coming back to "they won't waste Ronin."]

I didn't know either! I didn't know who was on each team, let alone where each team was going. Process of elimination til I saw the cliff.

Honestly the A-Force didn't really do much for me. Maybe partly because my mind went meta, and I know that that moment was specifically supposed to appeal to "people like me," so it kinda took me out of the moment a bit. Big fangirl moments...there were many throughout the movie, but if we're compressing it down to the final battle,

1. The initial engagement of the Big Three [I know Hulk is also a big factor, but in the movies, Tony-Cap-Thor are clearly the Trinity; and that goes back not only to the original movies, but that first face-off in the first Avengers where they were fighting after Thor took Loki] facing off against Thanos. A quiet moment, but one that gave me building chills. [I was surprised they kept Thor fat, though I later realized why.]
  2. Wanda going berserk! I only hated that this Thanos was from the past, and couldn't feel the weight of what she felt. But I geeked out! [Can't wait til it's spoiler-safe so I can snag some of that in gifs for Abby.] It hurt me when I realized [at some point during her assault] that Vision wasn't coming back, but it also enhanced the moment so much, because her pain was real. And I won't lie, there was a moment where I was thinking Wanda was about to get the kill! And I think they did the right thing the way they did it, but I got excited when I thought she was gonna, because I love Wanda, and it was kinda like hearkening back to Age of Ultron after her brother was killed. And the end of Infinity War. She's been long-established as one of the most dangerous Avengers, it's been building from her first appearance, and this one really sealed it all the more. Especially considering Vis died and wasn't coming back. It just...it had weight! Emotional weight, and just visually stunning watching her let loose like that. I'm hoping she sees more use moving forward.
  3. Cap with Thor's hammer. That was the kinda thing where, in hindsight it seemed obvious. Endgame was all about bringing things full-circle. Big and small plot points. Lots of big and small references to earlier MCU films. When Thor took Mjolnir I knew it was gonna be a factor in some particular way. [On that, I also thought it was cool just seeing Thor wield both.] But when they were struggling and Mjolnir starts flying, my brain was taking time to catch up. I was trying to figure out what was going on because I was thinking "wait, Thor's in trouble right now, can't be him," but at the same time I was processing "Yeah! Get 'em Thor!" as though he was pulling off some trick. Then when it was Cap, I was full-on O___O "OF course!" That reveal, then him using that and his shield to stand toe to toe with Thanos, YES! And just the way they blended the scenes, choreography [and a bit of humor] between Cap and Thor using Mjolnir and Stormbreaker, phenomenal work. One of the things I'm most looking forward to in subsequent viewings is watching those scenes again.
  4. The final exchange. I've always been a hardcore Iron Man fangirl. I've gotten so deep into analyzing his character arc over the films that there's a multiple page MS Word document on his admirable qualities. I knew things were winding down, but was wondering how it was gonna happen. And the way they cycled Thor, Cap, and Tony in that last exchange like that, loved it. Finally, seeing Iron Man's efforts all come to fruition, I went over the moon! This was everything he's been preparing for since the first Avengers. His life's work. I knew how much it meant to him in Endgame, and knowing that it meant even more here [which I would've thought would be impossible] was a lot to me. I knew he'd snatched the gems from the gauntlet when Thanos was gloating because they didn't show the backhand side of the gauntlet. I also felt some mirroring of the Infinity War situation there. Only this time it worked out. And then they reversed it. When the gems started gathering around his gauntlet, I got chills. And when he said "I am Iron Man," I tried to hit the notes in unison [quietly from my seat]. [And of the first Avengers, while we're at it, with the "is Tony gonna die" thing.] I knew he was gonna die, but I still fangirled out and then got really sad and cried. Like...a lot.I cried even more for him than I did Natasha. Then I cried again for both of them. Then I...I dunno, I was crying a lot.

I really hope Phase 4 is good. For them to screw it up now would be a travesty. Although there's also a part of me that says "well, if Phase 4 is bad, at least we made it this far and got our closure on this part." But I also hope I won't be one of those people who's just sour on Phase 4 because I miss what was great about everything over the past decade-plus. Recognising that these films and these characters have been a big part of my life since I was 13 years old, and I don't wanna become jaded now that the OGs are retiring. Especially since...after seeing it, there's a part of me that feels like a void. Like last night I was processing it sort of like "...Okay, so what do I do with my life now?" Obviously the answer is I do my thing and achieve my goals for my life, but just the presence of that void feeling knowing that this chapter has come to an end. And I don't wanna be a bitter crone. The shows sound intriguing. I also heard rumor that Clint might be getting one of his own as well. Not sure whether it will or not considering he was reunited with his family, but we'll see. Oddly enough I feel already optimistic about those. House of M or no, they've got a good line-up and good actors, and I'll be excited to see all of them. [Which, getting A-list actors to do series like that, it sounded unreal at first.]

Robert_Harrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to wait until next weekend before I get to see it. Here's hoping I can avoid spoilers until then.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame was overwhelming

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I screamed in the Theater at the A-Force

Endgame Spoiler don't click if you haven't watched

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivana_strigidae said:

What alls been spoiled for ya so far?

Ironman and BW dying was spoiled for me yesterday.

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was okay. Nothing really impressive but nothing really terrible either.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: my bad, now could you undelete it and put under a spoiler tag?

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_living_tribunal_24: Numbers and no caps in your user name. You can't set at the cool kid table without a cool username. [j/k]

Honestly you seemed just kinda snide with Nova. Maybe just an itchy trigger finger on my part and you didn't mean it like that. If that's the case, sorry for biting your head off. But if you did mean it like that, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_living_tribunal_24: Cause some people here hasn't watched the movie yet and maybe they don't want to be spoiled, like I just was.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivana_strigidae: i see how it is, one day i'll be cool, lik, supeeeer cool and i'll steal your friends and your family. i'll be the new, the better ivana and you wont be missed.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivana_strigidae: never meant to be rude, i just like teasing mods but always like being their close friends sort of like i love/hate relationship but we all know they're just being tsunderes.

Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivana_strigidae: i see how it is, one day i'll be cool, lik, supeeeer cool and i'll steal your friends and your family. i'll be the new, the better ivana and you wont be missed.

Oh, I'll always be on their minds
Oh, I'll always be on their minds

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dodging End Game spoilers left and right. It's gotten so bad that management at work is threatening to write people up for it lol

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_: I have proxy beef with your management for a lot of things, but good on them for that one!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113394 Feral Nova  Moderator

@the_living_tribunal_24: lose the attitude. And no, I can’t, because I edited your post and deleted your post and just to be safe I mod deleted it. I don’t mess around with spoilers in my area.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not okay

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is everything so tiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thebowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Araneae is interesting, love her attitude and behavior. Mari and So-so too. Idk everyones character is interesting.