#111901 Posted by Meison_Calidus (522 posts) - - Show Bio

The weekend I decide to change my life I get sick lol

#111902 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

Plugging away on the next post. Should be up tomorrow.

#111903 Posted by Alana_Callahan (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Where’s Gambler? I started watching Lucifer.

Avatar image for andres_knightfall
#111904 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I do feel bad for Richard. I think he had this idealized vision for what his encounter with Ivana would be like and it turned out completely different, LMAO.

#111905 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't rp'd in an actual rp in almost a year, I feel like trash.

#111906 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

I do feel bad for Richard. I think he had this idealized vision for what his encounter with Ivana would be like and it turned out completely different, LMAO.

That is very true lol. He built this thing up in his head for over a year and reality couldn't-- didn't meet those expectations.

#111907 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Startling report, all Oreo's on the planet have disappeared.

Is Hawkshade on the case?

#111908 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#111909 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher and Jessica Jones canceled by Netflix.

Avatar image for roberta_santiago
#111910 Edited by Roberta_Santiago (29 posts) - - Show Bio
#111911 Posted by Nordok (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher and Jessica Jones canceled by Netflix.

But filming on Masters of the Universe starts in July! Absolutely no chance of that turning out poorly!

*forces a grin with such vigor that his face cracks*

#111912 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I just learned about a new goddess in Greek Myth: Britomartis, Goddess of Hunting, Fishing, and Fowling-Nets. Hm, I might have an idea to use her.

#111913 Posted by _Dirge_ (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

#111914 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall said:

That is very true lol. He built this thing up in his head for over a year and reality couldn't-- didn't meet those expectations.

It's an interesting contrast. Richard has been eager to meet her, and has been thinking about her for quite a while now. Whereas Ivana barely even gave him a first thought, let alone a second one. He was emotionally invested, and she wasn't. Partly because Ivana is Ivana, but also because how emotionally invested can you be in someone you have no relationship? Sure he's her son, but they just met. And unlike Richard who has spent a long time thinking about her, Ivana didn't even know who he was, LOL. He was just a face, a name and a claim (that he was her son). Even if she knew about him being the youngest ever Strigidae, I don't think she'd feel any pride for him, I can imagine her saying something like "Accomplishment yours, not mine" with a shrug, LOL.

#111915 Posted by Feral Nova (58328 posts) - - Show Bio

soooooooooo busy tonight, I'm not having fun

Moderator Online
Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
#111916 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (789 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to do a massive update on Tassi's bio

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#111917 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

Who I owe post to?

#111918 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how much of a monster Ngannou would've been in the pre-USADA era of the UFC.

#111919 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall: I think he's juicing pretty heavily now or has in the recent past. Look at those traps.

#111920 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Oh, I don't think he's clean. I don't think most UFC fighters are clean. I just wonder if he'd be different in an era where the drug testing was significantly more lenient.

#111921 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall: I wonder about that too. Drug testing isn't remotely perfect but I imagine it is much harder (and more expensive) to maintain a good stack when you have to dodge USADA.

#111922 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Definitely. Looking at how many fighters have changed (maybe not in appearance, but performance-wise) since USADA, and how many have been caught, I can only imagine how much easier it must've been in the past. I'm still waiting for Yoel Romero to get caught.

#111923 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall: I wonder if he is connected with one of those labs that does the designer anabolics. I'm sure he was athletically very talented to begin with but the results he is getting from whatever he is on is so extreme that Whittaker described punching his body as being 'like punching wood' and broke at least one of his hands. Harder muscles is one of the benefits of anabolics, especially large doses. So whatever he is doing is both more effective than the 'average' and harder to detect.

#111924 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall: I wonder if he is connected with one of those labs that does the designer anabolics. I'm sure he was athletically very talented to begin with but the results he is getting from whatever he is on is so extreme that Whittaker described punching his body as being 'like punching wood' and broke at least one of his hands. Harder muscles is one of the benefits of anabolics, especially large doses. So whatever he is doing is both more effective than the 'average' and harder to detect.

You know what, I take this part back. Currently we can't tell the difference between a history of anabolic usage and athletic talent. Athletic talent might not even exist in the way we think it does.

#111925 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: He's the ultimate culmination of science and nature. I'm sure he has amazing genetics because Yoel Romero, even in his wrestling days, has always looked like this... but he's also 41, and so explosive he's like a missile in there sometimes. A strong indicator of steroid use (at least the kind we expect from Yoel) is when the person in question has extremely full looking shoulders, this really round three-dimensional look all around the shoulders. And that's not even taking into account his traps, athletic performance, Whittaker's description, and the fact that Yoel looks like this all year round.

#111926 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

Post is coming out well so far.

#111928 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall: Yep. It seems safe to assume that he was born with a high proportion of fast twitch muscle fiber. Lets him 'explode' with great speed but it's far less efficient than slow twitch so he can't do this very often without gassing out. Just like Vitor, Rumble, Nunes, Conor and so forth.

Then he combines this with anabolic steroids. These are the only thing known that increases the number of muscle fibers rather than just the size. Now he goes from having a lot of fast twitch fibers to having a TON of fast twitch fibers. Rapid recovery due to PEDs let him train more which helps him build his impressive sense of timing (that can only come via sparring.) Not only that but they also increase physical confidence which lets him commit to taking huge risks on these 'all or nothing' strikes without an ounce of hesitation. Increase confidence also helps him when he's losing round after round because of volume; he doesn't become disheartened or demoralized because his T levels are through the roof. And those strikes do far less damage to him because of how dense his muscles are. Tag onto that the increased neck strength from having extremely powerful upper body muscles and he has a heck of a chin. Plus force is just acceleration * mass. Acceleration comes from fast twitch fibers and mass comes from that bodybuilder-esque body. So he hits like a truck.

Juice worked out really well for him. Makes me wonder who would benefit more from anabolics; a 70% slow twitch fighter or a 70% fast twitch fighter.

#111929 Posted by High_Queen (102 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK why but Zero Hour has been on my mind.

#111930 Posted by Black Solace (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe It's time.

#111931 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh Alice...

#111932 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO Margo

#111933 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: BTW, have you read about the possibility of fighters using gene therapy in the future?

#111934 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

The Margo-Kady bit was hella rushed, but I'm glad they called back to her Janet name from the book. Alice is frustrating, but I must admit. I'm impressed by what I've seen in this first episode. LMAO Julia returning to the school anyways, and really santa claus??

Magicians Thoughts lol

#111935 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1807 posts) - - Show Bio
#111936 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@andres_knightfall: I have not but I am excited to hear about it. Any handy links?

Always wondered about stem cell therapy for fighters too.

#111937 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

And myself, actually.

#111938 Posted by King_Leo (610 posts) - - Show Bio
#111939 Posted by Alana_Callahan (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m so sad

#111940 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#111941 Posted by King_Leo (610 posts) - - Show Bio
#111942 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2323 posts) - - Show Bio
#111943 Posted by Alana_Callahan (207 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: Thank you! Just some stuff with a coworker that my office is dealing with.

#111944 Posted by Alana_Callahan (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer is soooooo good and this ship is 100% Mercy approved.

#111945 Posted by Infinitum (545 posts) - - Show Bio

@alana_callahan:

You could conquer the world with how many ships you have.

#111946 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

Finished my run, but I need to work on my timing. Now time to finish this post.

#111947 Edited by _Dirge_ (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

Need a new look.

#111948 Posted by black_virtue (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I really wish I could get into my donut danny account

#111949 Posted by Rosso (5459 posts) - - Show Bio
#111950 Posted by Rosso (5459 posts) - - Show Bio

A return to solitude always feels nice.