#107251 Edited by Animus_ (376 posts) - - Show Bio

I love westerns. Stories, movies, tv shows, (From Jonah Hex to Unforgiven to Deadwood) and I love a great western RPG. Problem is I can never think of a good way to do a western RPG that sustains. but then again what really is sustainability in RPG? Do we even know?

#107252 Posted by FALLENprophet (7105 posts) - - Show Bio
#107253 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1632 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got out of Hamilton 😍

#107254 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll re-up by tomorrow.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
#107257 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoooooo

No Caption Provided

#107258 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I'm LAZY

#107259 Posted by Hegemon (11508 posts) - - Show Bio

NSFW Language warning

Loading Video...

#107260 Posted by Hawkshade (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell:

this didnt require a three paragraph breakdown but you do you

There is a reason that I can be a touch wordy. That reason is precision. I find that my positions are often misinterpreted into claims I did not make. Such as this:

@animus_

He mentioned how black women are disregarded quickly by doctors more so than other women, a fact, and you make it sound like it's equatable to shitposting.

Wrong. I never responded to that post.

And that is why I must choose my words with care and write longer posts; only by being precise with my speech can I defend myself against the attempts to make me appear to hold a position that I actually do not hold.

But you're not wrong. I dont seem to have a problem with left slanting political posts or anti Trump posts.

Alright.

And I'm not sorry but your political posts annoy me to the point I had to unfollow you months ago.

Perfectly reasonable. If you don't enjoy the content of my posts there is nothing wrong with reducing your exposure to them.

I get to come to a Comicbook website and get away from the Political nonsense (usually). I think I do an excellent job of ignoring said posts for the most part and keeping chill.

I agree.

You disagree everyday. Everyday something somewhere has you riled up and on the Right wing political warpath (and before you run off to gather and fact check, I'm not being literal about everyday) and I never respond.

And you have every right to not respond. Just as you have every right to drop in and tell me that you do not agree with my point of view, do not like the place that it is coming from and that you are tired of hearing it. (Exactly what you are doing right now, as a matter of fact.)

That is not the issue. The issue is (as you have admitted above) you have a left wing bias. This colors your perception of political posts. (And I do not mean that as an attack; it is only natural.) Look at how you have characterized me above 'Riled up and on the Right wing political warpath' and 'Laying traps, making comments hoping, just hooooooping someone says something so you can flex.'

Do you characterize left-wing posts that way? No you do not. You interpret left-wing posts through the most charitable possible lens and right-wing posts through the least charitable lens. How many of Surkit's comments were barely disguised bait? How many times did you say that he was 'laying traps'? How many of Mr Mercury's posts are political or related to the culture war? Is he 'on the left wing political warpath'?

Because you are biased toward the left you give Mr Mercury a pass on the constant virtue signaling about how woke he is and overreact to criticism of left-wing comments. Let me reiterate; we all get it. Mercury is super woke. No one is as woke as Mr Mercury. He's at the top of the woke hierarchy. Fine. But as I informed him, we are already aware of his wokeness. We already understand. He can deactivate the wokesignal now, we get the picture.

You feel (presumably) that I am unfairly criticizing Mr Mercury for talking about left wing topics when I talk about right wing topics. Let me be clear; that is not my position. I criticize him for a pattern of behavior that consists of virtue signaling about his wokeness. This is purely an attempt to position himself above others in the social hierarchy.

There is a right-wing version of this. You have probably seen it. Basically it is posts that talk about how stupid left-wingers are, how their positions are inconsistent and how they have bad hygiene or make repulsive stylistic choices with their glasses or hair dye or whatever (I do not mean to say that left-wingers are those things.) This is one right wing variant of wokeposting or virtue signaling. The content of the posts/memes can vary but the spirit of the message is that the poster is superior because they are a conservative.

Imagine that I frequently wrote posts that were obstinately about one issue but casual examination revealed the posts primary purpose was simply to signal my status as the most conservative and/or imply that leftists were beneath me and inferior and probably morally offensive or whatever.

Now imagine that I engaged in such behavior for a year. Or two years. You could even imagine that my primary contribution to the forum was such posts if you like.

At some point I think you would probably tell me 'we get it' because my behavior would soon become quite tiresome.

Mr Mercury's behavior is tiresome. Be honest with yourself; you know it's annoying you just don't care because he's on your side.

#107261 Posted by Hawkshade (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

Actual Confession: Despite using Batman as a look and having access to more character art than I have ever enjoyed before I feel I am re-using the same images too many times when I post reaction images in OOC and location threads. This is probably because I (usually) restrict myself to Greg Capullo art and make most (but not all) of the crops myself so I do not have as much art as I otherwise would.

Still. I have to say that using Batman as a look is so much easier than trying to find art for Ivana.

#107262 Edited by Tenjin (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

Writing Confession: I write Tenjin as a Vampire without actually having vampirism, i.e pale skin, nocturnal, red eyes, stereotypical long black hair etc. I have done this since Prime, those days of yore lol. It fits my style of writing, which often has gloomy overtones and scenery.

He is pretty much a Cyber-Goth Ninja, most of the time, essentially.

#107263 Edited by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow has more good art than I expected; but the consistent issue I have is finding a solid av. Even some of the best stuff I've found doesn't make for an appropriate av. Always one thing in the way.

And I need a new one.

#107264 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20598 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#107265 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20598 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they let you do custom characters for Red Dead Online.

#107266 Edited by Mr. Mercury (20598 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade said:

@mr__mercury: Of course. I don't have to do anything. I choose to. You don't have to wokepost either. You choose to. And just as there are websites which could also entertain me there are websites that could entertain you.

(Of course in your mind it is I who must give way. I should leave and not you so you can opine on cultural and political issue with no one to oppose you.)

This does not suit me. I could easily wander off into some echo chamber where everyone agrees with me. The internet is full of such places. But why when I prefer to fight?

No. I'm just saying i'm not the one who's going to entertain you. I'm not going back and forth with you. Notice how I never respond to your post. You wanna go fight "progs"? I gave you ideas where you could go do so ;)

#107267 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

Will get to everything as soon as I wake up. Had to work later than usual since it’s the last day. At least, I am on vacation now and could work on my bio and stuff.

#107268 Posted by Feral Nova (57603 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova said:

Anyone checked out the new She-Ra series on netflix?

Nope. The crappy art doesn't cut it for me so I'll be making a hard pass.

Its actually not bad. It's fun, funny, has interesting story and action. But honestly I've never seen the original show so I can't say how true it is to the original She-Ra. I also don't think the art is crappy. Its different than the original show, for sure. But if you wanna talk about crappy art, lets talk about the new Thundercats Roar xD

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#107269 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess we’re not talking

#107270 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20598 posts) - - Show Bio

My political post aren’t to grab the attention of anybody on this site. It’s just expressing thoughts. Some people post about about Star Wars, what they eat for breakfast, their mood for the day, UFC etc.

One thing I notice is I can post music or pictures and someone will make a comment/complaint like my post is dedicated to them. That’s truly not my problem lolol.

#107271 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova! She's alive!

#107272 Posted by Nessman (78 posts) - - Show Bio

The hoops of making a new account vs. or the ease of using an old one.

#107273 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5228 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#107274 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

❤️

#107275 Posted by Grimmwald (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

I talked about it days ago, but a western RPG would be really cool.

#107276 Posted by _Dirge_ (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Arthur Morgan from RDR2?

#107277 Posted by Animus_ (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Make it and I'll be there. I'll def use Jonah Hex. I've got an idea of how I'd like it to be.

#107278 Posted by Grizzlon_Alpha (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@nessman said:

The hoops of making a new account vs. or the ease of using an old one.

I know that pain.

#107279 Posted by Black_Bullet (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets get it pilgrim

#107280 Posted by Hawkshade (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a brutal KO. Damn.

#107281 Posted by Feral Nova (57603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

Nova! She's alive!

I'M ALWAYS ALIVE!

I've just been a little occupied with RDR2 ^___^'

#107282 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

I love IO Shirai

#107283 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

That tire business really messed me up.

So close...

#107284 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20598 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm obsesssed with this dish

#107285 Edited by Mr. Mercury (20598 posts) - - Show Bio

Julian & Naomi when the Purge popped off

nsfw

Loading Video...

#107286 Edited by Grimmwald (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: I haven't finished the game yet (all the side missions and playing poker have my attention, LOL), but thus far, I like Arthur Morgan. He's well written character with ideological complexities. I also think he's potentially more complex than John based on the values and things they give the most credence to. John values his family above all else and therefore wants to return home to his family and that leads to his clash with his gang. He loves his family. And that's it. He's a compelling character but there's no character development. There's character growth but no character development. But John was charismatic and cool, he was fun. Arthur on the other hand, isn't as magnetic as John was. But he's more ideologically complex, and I can see him developing as a character. And I just find internal ideological conflicts and ethical complexities more interesting than John's family-driven hero story. So far, I like Arthur. I'll have all my thoughts in order once I finish the game though.

@animus_ said:
@grimmwald said:

Make it and I'll be there. I'll def use Jonah Hex. I've got an idea of how I'd like it to be.

I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. A brief break from the main nU narrative.

#107287 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

John was amazing. That game was amazing. I hope I like the sequel as much.

#107288 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Should've had a cat.

#107289 Edited by Phantomshell (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Just skimmed that cause no way does any of this require all that. Its either theater or you're in your feelings but either way...nah. This was only ever about you calling someone out with "We get it" in terms of their political views. If 'we' get that Mercury is pro-left then we surely get by now that you are pro-right. Done end of story (from my end) if you wanna write sometime hit me up. Cause this other stuff is dead air.

#107290 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Love the new avatar. ^_^

#107291 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, less fighting and more RPing. Please?

#107293 Posted by Phantomshell (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex is surprisingly underused. Great look though ^

#107294 Posted by Black_Bullet (247 posts) - - Show Bio
#107295 Edited by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: I'll make a decision sometime this evening when I'm not on mobile.

#107296 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Eenie meanie miney...

Avatar image for quintus_knightfaii
#107297 Posted by Quintus_KnightfaII (74 posts) - - Show Bio
#107298 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio
#107299 Posted by Phantomshell (1151 posts) - - Show Bio
#107300 Posted by Rosso (4762 posts) - - Show Bio