User Lists: 0

Place got spammed last night huh lol Hells Hand lmmfao

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I hate the suit. His neck doesnt fill out the gap so it visually looks like a muscle suit for Halloween, and not an actually super-suit. Fun moments but goddamn that suit looks awful on him.

Walter_Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ought to give it a review, but this will suffice for now.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no WW trailer <_<

Deus_Bellorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam looks like it could be a very fun superhero movie, which consisdering the premise is exactly what they should go with.

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda jealous of the Negative look its so easy to manipulate really any look to be the look you need with a simple inversion.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101159  Edited By ParagonxXx

*Watches the Shazam movie trailer* *LOL* I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I cannot take that movie seriously. Levi looks simply RIDICULOUS in that OBVIOUS muscle suit and the suit itself looks HORRIBLE as if he walked down to a comic book shop and bought a costume. Plus, it doesn't help matters that Levi looks NOTHING like the Captain Marvel I know and love. Then there's the fact he's way too old for the part on top of it all.

I'll be very, VERY, surprised if this movie is a success at the box office and not a laughing stock.

*Ignores the Aquaman movie trailer*

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be very, VERY, surprised if this movie is a success at the box office and not a laughing stock.

Agreed. Another DC disaster.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer-: And how many films have actually been successful because of how ridiculous it is? Very few.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC what the hell? Moody/sweary Robin going all discount red hood on titans. Meh to the extreme Captain Marvel trailer. No wonder woman stuff.

Aquaman looks promising though.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the box office is exactly where the Shazam movie WILL succeed. Wont be until the second/third week we see word of mouth and the fact the movie is bad take effect on its monetary success. But outta the gate Shazam is gonna make bank. Parents with small kids dont care about whether or not dude looks like authentic Shazam. Parents with kids are gonna LOVE the silly ass costume. This is Tom Hank's BIG but in a superhero verse and its gonna sell tickets and make its money back 4 times over. Add in the fact it has little competition on theaters leading up. Dumbo will be going into its second week, and nothing comes out to challenge it until late May. Its gonna be successful Box Office wise IMO. I dont say that cause I liked what I saw. Or even like the casting or costume. Its just setup to make money the same way award movies are setup to win Oscars despite nobody having seen them or even cosedering them 'good' movies lol.

Suicide Squad won awards. Every fan I know hates Age of Ultron, and yet its in the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time. Age of Ultron lmao. Success is subjective but not when its measured by profit. Shazam is gonna turn a profit with little effort.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But then again what do I know. I still maintain that I liked the Titans trailer :P

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But then again what do I know. I still maintain that I liked the Titans trailer :P

Its looking pretty dark lol, didn't really get a dick Greyson vibe from robin seemed more todd ish

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happens the vast majority of the time when a character wears a cheesy costume and the movie is ridiculous? This is what happens.

I rest my case.

Avatar image for emperor_von_doom
Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Four threads from 2007?

Image result for raising eyebrow

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU was fire.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer- said:
@yazhun_sanvun said:

Yeah you're definitely wrong on that one :P

I'm committed now. No turning back :P
I'm committed now. No turning back :P

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall said:
@yazhun_sanvun said:

Its looking pretty dark lol, didn't really get a dick Greyson vibe from robin seemed more todd ish

Oh mos def. I remarked on why I think I liked it a couple pages back, and why I'm well past carrying how well DC adopts the source material. Its funny, but the one thing I cant/wont get past/ignore is how Justice League muted WW's ability to hang with Superman. When he one arms her first with the lasso, then before the Flash scene I was like FORGET THIS SH!T hahaha. Superman couldnt even hold WW with two hands and Superspeed in the comics yet in the movies she's barely an inconvenience for him. Robin being cannibalized into all three versions doesnt even scratch the surface of me carrying :P All I care about is this Birds of Prey movie now. Which I never thought I'd say.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol wasnt that Cap thing str8 to VHS? You cant really use it as the bench mark for Box Office failure without it actually ever having been, at the Box Office/

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ice Cream truck at 3pm: Fun summer vibe.

Ice Cream truck at 9pm: Run

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this save is corrupted I'm going to be sad

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder if the Black Adam movie will ever really get made

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yazhun_sanvun: I think so. They just want to hold off on another dark plotline for a while. You can't do Adam and make it a mix of billy eating ice cream and him trying to siege a country lol.

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that the save I made is broken, it's that this part of the game is extremely buggy by itself.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol wasnt that Cap thing str8 to VHS? You cant really use it as the bench mark for Box Office failure without it actually ever having been, at the Box Office/

Actually, it did see a limited theatrical release and has been universally panned by the critics. But if you think I can't use that movie as a bench mark for box office success, okay then. I'll use Batman and Robin. That did see a theatrical release, had terrible costumes, cheesy special effects, bad plot (if it existed), etc. Shazam will be equal or close to that. Even if it does have a good, or great opening (and it won't), the people will see what a terrible film it is and by the second weekend, it will have dropped massively in ticket sales and BAM! Box office failure.

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a 1-10 scale for trailers released alone

Aquaman- 8

Shazam- 7

Godzilla 2- 8

Titans- 7.5

Flash season 5- 7.5

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx said:
@yazhun_sanvun said:

Actually, it did see a limited theatrical release and has been universally panned by the critics. But if you think I can't use that movie as a bench mark for box office success, okay then. I'll use Batman and Robin. That did see a theatrical release, had terrible costumes, cheesy special effects, bad plot (if it existed), etc. Shazam will be equal or close to that.

I think DC would actually take that as a success. Batman and Robin had the third highest opening weekend of any movie released that year. Lots of well known and critically beloved movies came out in 1997 and Batman & Robin was only beat out by two of em opening up. Made more then its money back and the franchise kept making sequels for it lol. So if by that logic Shazam makes its money back and then some, gets a sequel, and has the third highest opening weekend of any movie released in 2019 but critics and superfans hate it, it'd be a failure. I call that failing up. Failure is Man of Steel. Where's that sequel? Hell, where's the actor? They wont even renew his contract and his costume was dope lol

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_ said:

On a 1-10 scale for trailers released alone

Aquaman- 8

Shazam- 7

Godzilla 2- 8

Titans- 7.5

Flash season 5- 7.5

4.5 (the costume is horrible)

5.5 ('m startin to waver)

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DC would actually take that as a success. Batman and Robin had the third highest opening weekend of any movie released that year. Lots of well known and critically beloved movies came out that in 1997 and Batman & Robin was only beat out by two of em opening up. Made more then its money back and the franchise kept making sequels for it lol. So if by that logic Shazam makes its money back and then some, gets a sequel, and has the third highest opening weekend of any movie released in 2019 but critics and superfans hate it, it'd be a failure. I call that failing up.

Your kidding me, right? Batman and Robin declined by 63% in it's second week (and continued to decline after that). It made 238 million worldwide. So, yeah, it made it's money back in terms of making the movie, but by the time the fees had to be payed to various theatres, actors, ads, etc, it failed to make any kind of profit. Thus, a box off failure and bomb. This is not like Man of Steel or BvS where they got their money back and turned a small profit. Batman and Robin made no profit at all, not after everything had to be payed. It's planned sequel was cancelled and the franchise was nearly dead. It was only because of Nolan that the franchise saw a revival and a reboot. So, no, it didn't see sequels, it saw a reboot and only after 8 years did another Batman film get made. That's a long time to erase the embarrassment that was Batman and Robin.

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yazhun_sanvun: Tough sco®e. You didnt like any parts of the godzilla trailer?

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx:

Thats a huge decline no doubt. I touched on declines in my original post. Second and third week especially. As far as profit, we're talking Worldwide & Domestic. Anyway, my position doesn't live and die on the Joel Batman hill. However, just for perspective, it made over 40 million its open weekend. Iron Man barely crossed 30 million. So again I'll say that if Shazam mirrors Batman & Robin on its opening weekend, makes 10 million more then the nearest opening Marvel flick (I think its Ms. Marvel), they'll consider that a win.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_ said:

@yazhun_sanvun: Tough sco®e. You didnt like any parts of the godzilla trailer?

Nah, I've never been into Godzilla. I couldnt even get through the whole trailer. I'm worried the movie is gonna stall 13's career.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

Thoughts on the Arrow and Black Lightning trailers? What about Legends of Tomorrow? BL didnt show anything new from what I could tell but Prison Arrow....I'm kinda here for that

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yazhun_sanvun: Movies aren't successes on however much money they make in their first weekend, it's however much money they make overall and their box office staying power. Take Waterworld, for instance. It opened #1 at the box office but was quickly defeated by it's competition. With a budget of $172 million (and a total outlay of $235 million once marketing and distribution costs are factored in), the film grossed $88 million at the North American box office. The film did better overseas, with $176 million at the foreign box office, for a worldwide total of $264 million. However, even though this figure surpasses the total costs spent by the studio, it does not take into account the percentage of box office gross that theaters retain, which is generally up to half. Which means, the movie barely made any kind of profit.

Waterworld only became profitable when it's theatrical run was over and home video sales along with TV broadcast rights among other revenue streams, did the movie finally became profitable. By then, the damage was already done and no sequel to it has ever been made. Either way, this is a fine example of a movie doing well in it's first weekend, but failing to have box office staying power, as well as being a flop.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope my schedule returns to normal, this week coming up

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Box office mojo has a different set of numbers across the board for Batman & Robin. What site are you using? Either way it doesnt really matter. Shazam aint Waterworld and this isnt the 90's lol. I'll av bet you that Shazam is critically praised and financially successful.

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna have to find a way to go around this encounter that's blocking my way to a questing spot. All that stuff loading in at once during snowy weather is killing my game lol

Downside of mods.

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so it isn't the mods, Alduin spawning in seems to be causing some issues.

Great.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Aquaman and WW hit it outta the park, how long do you suppose it'll be before they attempt another JL movie? Do you build the JLA shared U around the second tier Trinity like GL, Aquaman, and WW? Or WW, Flash, and Aquaman...how long before recast Supes and recast Bats join up in a shared U with the rest of the league?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yazhun_sanvun: my guess is they are going to move from teams like that to sharing movies in some way like they intended to do for cyborg and flash. Plus they seem to be building the multiveese so I'd say we won't see a full team up again until just before that comes to fruition. I know they are doing a nee gods movie but i feel like it isnt just to gear up to darkseid showing up for a jl sequel but rather to make him one piece of a large picture.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang should have killed Ozai. Not only was it the only rational solution, it was an actual conclusion to his internal ethical conflict. But the sudden introduction of energybending, a deus ex machina with no proper narrative setup, was clearly Nickelodeon interfering with whatever the writers' originally intended. Nickelodeon imposed a lot of sanctions on what could and couldn't be tackled in the series, especially with regards to mortality and killing. Still, Avatar: The Last Airbender was superior to Avatar: The Legend of Korra because in Legend of Korra the writers were tackling themes they aren't well-informed enough to tackle. It led to Amon being right and raising a lot of important ethical implications that Korra never addressed, she just swept it under the rug. Granted, Amon was a charlatan but the points he raised were still valid.

It led to a very good first half of Book 2 with Unalaq because the civil war arc between the Northern and Southern Water Tribes was very interesting because war arcs usually complicate the traditional dichotomous morality of black and white by having no clear "good" or "bad" side in the conflict, forcing the audience to reflect on their own ethical standards as they pick a side. But then the second half of Book 2 was horrible because it ruined a lot of the lore that made the Avatar series' interesting. The Vaatu/Raava nonsense was just stupid. Then we got Book 3 where we got the Red Lotus who, while cool, were led by Zaheer, an idiot, which was okay but that culminated in one of the major issues of Korra's characterization (or lack there of) that we'd been exposed to again and again, that the show failed to make her a compelling character and instead used tragedy to draw sympathy from the audience in order to compensate for her poor character writing. Then we get Book 4 where Kuvira did almost everything right and basically made Korra useless but because it's still a Nickelodeon show, they needed Korra to win at the end so the kids would be happy.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Well at least now there's something interesting going on with the Shazam movie

:P
:P