Who has been you greastet opponent to date?

• 136 results
Avatar image for renegade_lantern
Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Renegade Lantern

This is mainly for those that do battle RPG's but if you had a memorable fight in a story RPG who was it against.

Please give a brief explanation on why this opponent was so great for you.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Andferne

I would have to say the recent fight I had with Gambler. I think it was a really good fight and he knows how to put someone over. By that I mean he knows how to not only make his character come off as a bad@$$ but also makes the person who he is fighting look like a champ. I was really impressed with that fight and I loved every post.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By White Phantom

TheCleverGuy says:

"Kain Echnida: I have to push my imagination to not die after each of his posts. Lol xP/CG"

To date I'd say you've been my greatest foe, but then again my RP with you was the only one I've done that has really been a battle :). But you are really good, trust me.

Avatar image for renegade_lantern
Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Final Arrow - Zero Crisis was a defining moment for RL's personality and it gave him a much need edge thanks to Arrow.

Darkchild - I really enjoyed my first fight with with him. I pulled out a lot of stops for that match. I used my environment and fought till i literally was unable to anymore

Gambler - Both fights we had really gave me a perspective that their is more to RL than just forming constructs.

Post Edited:2008-05-06 16:48:41

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Last_Guardian

I've had very little battles actually only two :< DON'T LAUGH AT ME!

anyways, I think my toughest opponent has been Eganthevile1..just because it was my first battle ever and he didn't go easy on me at all he's pushed me over the edge...on many occasions

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DragonGateAcer

Uchiha Nevann the guy pushed me to the limits every post i made he topped it and i had to do the same it was a fight with a really great story and descriptive writing about the enviroment with a perfect blend of hand to hand combat and use of our powers it showed great fighting but also a great tactical side.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've had a couple so bare with me.

Arrow: Back in the day Arrow and I had a rivalry similar to Joker/Batman, Wolverine/Sabrtooth, Superman/Lex Luthor. I think in totally we've fought 12 times not counting fights in story Rpgs.

Magneto: It was in my battles with Magneto that I learned how to lose like a champ. That just because I was outmatched didn't mean I couldn't help make a cool story in defeat.

Ketch: One of the funniest battles I've ever had. We took our fight from the roof tops of buildings, to back allies, to apartment buildings, and then back to the streets.

Morte Rapida: Probably the greatest fight I've ever been involved with. It forced me to re-examine the way I battle and not to live off reputation. I've elevated my style and I owe it to this dude.

Renegade Lantern: Our second fight was off the chain. None stop action. He put me over and I did the same and as a result both our characters came out looking like some hard asses.

Andfrene: I loved this fight, every post seemed personal. The amount of emotion in each post gave it more layers. It had drama, and not the bad kind. This battle is going to spawn an Rpg, thats always a good thing.

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Clutch

I dont even know...I had way too many fights...

I guess I can one lol

KOV-When I was going all out against Cryo,Kain,and Gambler,not to mention Rayne.

I mean I have fought the best out there,but at the level Iam at now,I have gotten way better since..I never really even lost but now I can apperciate a loss.

Potential matches-These are all the ones that will produce a great match at this point.

Gambler-Yeah,I fought him.But now we got history together and its on!!

RL-Hero?Villain?Leader of Mobb Deep,Soilder of Fortune...Im game.

Andferne-Yeah,our battle is dope as hell,cant wait to see the outcome.

Spartan-Ive been wanting sooooo bad.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

Alright

one of my first fun fights was with a guy named

Joe Equinox: And it was just an awesome battle we both used our powers to their fullest then.

After that it went like this

Arrow: he doesnt hold back at all

Morte:Lets say this i havnt had so many "Duh what?" moments in a fight on here ever. that mans so freaking smart its scary

Gambler: in our brief battles in rpgs and in our one finished duel to date he was awesome

Andy: hands down coolest poster outshines me in posts but i dont care

and then

RL: first guy o take a fall without bitching about it...well first hero

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By Final Arrow

Want to know the truth!

Only one person on the vine has ever really had me at a loss , See I pride myself on thinking on my feet with an end goal in sight and dont get me wrong I have fought with greats DC, RL and aload more but only one person has really pushed my battling skillz to the limit with both Arrows and that Is Gambler, we dont really fight anymore cause damn it was like everyday back when I first got here Arrow VS Gambler none stop but you know what it was worth it.

Please the rest of the people I have fought dont take this as a bash Each ne of you have totlly given me a challenge but I got to say no one has topped Gambler as of yet.

Morte Rapida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Morte Rapida

Final Arrow says:

"Want to know the truth! Only one person on the vine has ever really had me at a loss , See I pride myself on thinking on my feet with an end goal in sight and dont get me wrong I have fought with greats DC, RL and aload more but only one person has really pushed my battling skillz to the limit with both Arrows and that Is Gambler, we dont really fight anymore cause damn it was like everyday back when I first got here Arrow VS Gambler none stop but you know what it was worth it. Please the rest of the people I have fought dont take this as a bash Each ne of you have totlly given me a challenge but I got to say no one has topped Gambler as of yet."

When are we going to dance? I have been waiting.

PsyCrevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PsyCrevan

Sadly I have none, I think people are starting to think I am nothing but a fox... whimpers

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kain Echnida

Honestly? I don't really know. I've had a few good battles but I think the two that really stick with me are my battles with Darkchild and Cryo for the KOV. In my battle with Darkchild, we both we able to go almost full blast, I never go full blast because I don't even know what Kain is capable of doing simply because he's constantly evolving and he's never been pushed as far as he was in his battle against Darkchild. Yeah from time to time he goes out and battles people but he's usually holding back and I think those are good battles too because it's not just "Oh, there we go, dark tendrils, die." it's a series of well executed moves and actual combat, that's part of the reason I liked my battled with Darkchild who's like a brother to me because our battled allowed Kain to really show off some of his stuff and summon a new creature. I loved my battled with him. And then my battle with Cryo-Wolf was a good one too because it was hand to hand combat, no swords, no tails, no powers. Simple strength and speed in hand to hand, or well, hand to paw combat in which we engaged in a truly intense series of combination until I summoned Janos and killed us both, LoL. I like my battle Amon/Cleverguy too, especially because it started out as Kain just being Kain and fighting with only his hands but he had to resort to his other tricks, and it shows his other true attributes and weaknesses too. Those are my top battles. I never really had a one on one with Arrow althought I would love to be able to take him on just once. Those are my top battles though.

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Shanana

mine goes in this order

1.soul taker (still going on)

2.angelic reaper

3.feral nova

4.kain

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kain Echnida

Sha says:

"kain"

I forgot to mention our battle too, it kicked ass.

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shanana

Kain Echnida says:

"Sha says:
"kain"
I forgot to mention our battle too, it kicked ass. "

some best friend lol

j/k

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Andferne says:

"Gambler says:
"**Andfrene:** I loved this fight, every post seemed personal. The amount of emotion in each post gave it more layers. It had drama, and not the bad kind. This battle is going to spawn an Rpg, thats always a good thing."

Which is why I loved this fight so much. It wasn't just about two people showing up and beating up on each other. There was that story dynamic and it made that fight so much more."

Our fight as Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was cool too.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andferne

Gambler says:

"**Andfrene:** I loved this fight, every post seemed personal. The amount of emotion in each post gave it more layers. It had drama, and not the bad kind. This battle is going to spawn an Rpg, thats always a good thing."

Which is why I loved this fight so much. It wasn't just about two people showing up and beating up on each other. There was that story dynamic and it made that fight so much more.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andferne

Gambler says:

"Andferne says:
"Gambler says:

Which is why I loved this fight so much. It wasn't just about two people showing up and beating up on each other. There was that story dynamic and it made that fight so much more."

Our fight as Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was cool too."

True :)

Which we need to do again, I told Lady T we would try and work up another Joe rpg so she can be Baroness for us again.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kain Echnida

Sha says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Sha says:
"kain"
I forgot to mention our battle too, it kicked ass. "
some best friend lol j/k"

LoL, I messed up. I admit my fault.

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ronin alexsnder

ok gonna say DC was the toughest fight but my funnest was andferne's it was the first time i used ronin 2.0 and came to the realization that even though my guy is much like wolverine and nightcrawler combined i fight like a sniper.

Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

Soul so far.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By White Phantom

Well I haven't done these yet, but I'm expecting good things from Kain and Renegade Lantern.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pixelized

The pink ranger

Seriously

Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By Asymmetrical

The Spartan: not only one of the greatest RP's I have ever seen...I was a part of it so I that makes it even cooler, also its the only battle RPG I've finished to date

Mighty Magneto: still going on but I enjoy how Mags will adjust his character to whatever power level is needed at the time and can shift from a god to just an ordinary man

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Resonate

Sparda

awesome

thats the only fight I can truly say was epic for me :D

Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By Asymmetrical

Resonate says:

"Spardaawesomethats the only fight I can truly say was epic for me \:D"

you mean the one in CVWW? I remember that...

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hawk

Jinx GI JOE Rpg.....didn't get to finish it though.

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shanana

pixelized says:

"The pink ranger Seriously"

lmao the pink ranger

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt
Alina Mavanari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alina Mavanari

I've really only done two battles in RPG's. So I only have two xP

Kain in Funeral for A Friend

Final Arrow in CV Academy

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pixelized

Sha says:

"pixelized says:
"The pink ranger Seriously"
lmao the pink ranger"

She was a thug. Lol...

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Sparda

Akira, I would definitely say, is my greatest opponent, but we haven't had a lot of fights that were dead serious. My favourite battle, though, was the one with Resonate near the (untimely) end of CVWW. I was fighting out of anger and vengeance in a "Screw everything else, he's mine" way, and Res was being a madman. Fight went from burning Ultimates headquarters to the surrounding jungle to fighting in a deadly rainstorm. Too bad we couldn't finish it, because of a few lame RPers.

Resonate says:

"Spardaawesomethats the only fight I can truly say was epic for me \:D"

That fight was epicness to the max.

Other good opponents:

Andferne (In terms of power, I was pretty much overpowered from the start, so the fight was actually kinda tough for me to do because of how strong Andferne's character was. I was probably pushing it a little with some of my moves later in the fight, though)

Shaper (Good fight, and my first taste of straight-up victory in a battle RPG. Most of the time my fights end with a mutual tie or something, but this one was to the death and I managed to come out the victor-but I would still think it was awesome even if I lost brutally)

Jax (They may not be the best examples of writing I've shown, but the 1 1/2 fights we've had have been pretty fun, to say the least)

My favourite Akira battle was def. the one in Las Vegas. The whole thing was just nuts from beginning to end.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Resonate

thanks man

I needed that :D

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Angelic Reaper

Sha, even though I have yet to finish the battle with her (Sorry Sha!) she has made me test my limits and man, just kept me on my toes! ^^

Then it would be Feral Nova, that girl... she's one stubborn fighter, lol

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pixelized

Freakin RP-ing in general

Trench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Trench

pixelized says:

"Freakin RP-ing in general"

LMAO

Yellow Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Yellow Ranger

Lord Zedd

And Pix with BB, lol

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pixelized

Typing up a clever way to defeat someone is far too difficult.

Babs threw a water balloon at my character one day, and instead of being creative i just said "Dies" and that was the end of it. lol.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mantoid

pixelized says:

"Freakin RP-ing in general"

LOL!

Yellow Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Yellow Ranger

pixelized says:

"Typing up a clever way to defeat someone is far too difficult.Babs threw a water balloon at my character one day, and instead of being creative i just said "Dies" and that was the end of it. lol."

LMAO!!

Yellow Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Yellow Ranger

pixelized says:

"Yellow Ranger says:
"Lord Zedd And Pix with BB, lol"

LMAO!

Yeah you were pretty fierce that night"

Well you werent so bad yourself sweety. winks even though you can see it

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pixelized

Yellow Ranger says:

"Lord Zedd And Pix with BB, lol"

LMAO!

Yeah you were pretty fierce that night

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Andferne: We were both pretty d@mn pi$$ed at each other at the time and when we started fighting it was epic.

I'd love to do it again but this time, Don't rip my head off at the end. lol

Nighthunter: Back then, I had Vampire Powers I was playing around with, and I got pretty sadistic with it. The combination of the Vampire and the Green Lantern Ring and super speed was Bad-A$$ for me and I ran with it. In the end of it, He shot me to death but it really was a blast.

Yellow Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Yellow Ranger

lol

Now I didnt say to go off and challenge someone like Gambler or Hawk or anything, lol

But your welcome and since I'm the only ranger on right now... I'll be going.

Peace out Pix Teleports out of the thread

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pixelized

Awww shucks....this false confidence gets people killed. lol. but thank you

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pixelized

Mkay Yellow one.

[=

Cassie Strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cassie Strong

um acer

and sha but i guess pm fight dont count

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49  Edited By The_Martian

My best battle was probably against DC I think. But I don't think I really have an opponent.

Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Acer

As Soul Taker- Uchiha NeVann and Sha. Cant choose between them

As Acer- Lillya Wildchild and Cassie. Cant choose.