#1 Posted by Walkingstone (10637 posts) - - Show Bio

0_o try putting this on the Vine Villain's thread, man

#2 Posted by Evil Kal-El (16 posts) - - Show Bio

who agrees with me all the good guys should DIE?

#3 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

If all good guys die, then wtf u gonna be doing all day? Sitting on ur couch and watching a program about how cool it was when the good guys fought the bad guys? I think Mighty Magneto once said "Its not fun when the war is over, its more fun fighting it." Or smthng like that.

#4 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont listen to them dawg. I'll show you the Vine Villians.

#5 Posted by Evil Kal-El (16 posts) - - Show Bio

where do i find that (i'm new)

#6 Posted by Evil Kal-El (16 posts) - - Show Bio

true

#7 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Philosophically, good cannot die because evil is really just the absence of goodness. Just as darkness is not really a "thing" of its own, but only the absence of light. Destroy all the light, and all becomes dark. However, since darkness has no substance of its own, and is only defined by the presence/absence of light, darkness therefore becomes literally nothing. So too evil, in the total absence of good, becomes nothing.

You may now go about your formerly scheduled pathetic existence. That is all.

#8 Posted by Walkingstone (10637 posts) - - Show Bio

That's so good! :D An evil philosopher

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Prurience Man says:
"Philosophically, good cannot die because evil is really just the absence of goodness. Just as darkness is not really a "thing" of its own, but only the absence of light. Destroy all the light, and all becomes dark. However, since darkness has no substance of its own, and is only defined by the presence/absence of light, darkness therefore becomes literally nothing. So too evil, in the total absence of good, becomes nothing. You may now go about your formerly scheduled pathetic existence. That is all."

Thats deep. But it kinda sounds nuetral.

"

Meh.....

#10 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"Philosophically, good cannot die because evil is really just the absence of goodness. Just as darkness is not really a "thing" of its own, but only the absence of light. Destroy all the light, and all becomes dark. However, since darkness has no substance of its own, and is only defined by the presence/absence of light, darkness therefore becomes literally nothing. So too evil, in the total absence of good, becomes nothing. You may now go about your formerly scheduled pathetic existence. That is all."

Thats deep. But it kinda sounds nuetral.

#11 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

I just dont get you. When I first joined, you were all evil, now its like you've been nuttered

#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I just dont get you. When I first joined, you were all evil, now its like you've been nuttered"

Is that supposed to be neutered, as in castrated, or nuttered, as in "gone crazy?"

Either way, I get bored easily, what can I say?

#13 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. hes pretending to be evil dont let him foool you, he one of the danerous ones, all goodies guys worry about if he will go evil again

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#14 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Good can exist without evil.

#15 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

think about.......all good guys can't die, because without good, there is no evil and without evil, there is no good. one cannot exist without the other.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#16 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this in the RPG forum?

Working on a SHIELD article, be back later.

#17 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil can exist without good.

#18 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral can exist without evil or good!!1 MWAHAHA-hehehe(neutral laugh).

Post Edited:2007-03-29 20:03:02

#19 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

If there's no evil or good, then there's no neutral. Neutral is like Prurience Man's light/dark example-it's the absence of good or evil. Theoretically, without good or evil, then everyone is the same and thus there's no alignments at all.

#20 Posted by Boken (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

if there ain't no good, and there ain't no evil, then u'll have nothin but peace. which in my case is not very good. If everyone is in peace then i can't fight.

#21 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo peace!

#22 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

well i mean think about it if there isnt evil then everything will be good and then there will be nothing and vice-versa

#23 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

How does good = nothing?

#24 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there that yin and yang philosophy about good can't exist without evil and evil can't exist without good. From what I know, yin and yang are total opposites and this balances out the world and is what leads people to their future. Or something like that.

#25 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Isn't there that yin and yang philosophy about good can't exist without evil and evil can't exist without good. From what I know, yin and yang are total opposites and this balances out the world and is what leads people to their future. Or something like that."

Exactly.

#26 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Isn't there that yin and yang philosophy about good can't exist without evil and evil can't exist without good. From what I know, yin and yang are total opposites and this balances out the world and is what leads people to their future. Or something like that."

Sure, if you believe in a dualistic philosophy like that, but I personally do not. My personal belief (and you may disagree, and that's fine, it's your life) is that evil can only be defined by goodness. Without goodness, there is no such thing as evil. Good can exist apart from evil, but not the other way around.

Your mileage may vary.

#27 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"Ms. Invisible says:

Sure, if you believe in a dualistic philosophy like that, but I personally do not. My personal belief (and you may disagree, and that's fine, it's your life) is that evil can only be defined by goodness. Without goodness, there is no such thing as evil. Good can exist apart from evil, but not the other way around.

Your mileage may vary."

Agreed.

#28 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I can see where you're coming from: Evil bases itself off good? Something along the lines of evolution?

#29 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"I think I can see where you're coming from: Evil bases itself off good? Something along the lines of evolution?"

No, but that evil is defined by good. For example, (whether you believe morality is based on culture/public consciousness/higher power/whatever) if a society believes that causing no harm is good, then evil is when harm is caused. Each society/cultural group will then further define what "harm" is, and thereby come up with differing "levels" of evil. In this way, "evil" is actually defined in terms of "decreasing goodness."

#30 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

We are born good, its events and choses along the way that make us good and evil.

But evil how? As in mans version of evil? Gods? cause in the bible god does what we would consider some evil $#@!

If someone in todays world murdered there child, and turned around and said God told me. Would he be good for doing what god asked? Or Evil for killing a child?

#31 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

See, that's where I get in trouble. I have a hard time believing in "not guilty by reason of insanity."

We had a lady who cut the arms off of her kids and killed them because "god told her they were demon possessed." She was found "innocent," but that doesn't change the FACT that she committed the act. In my mind, that makes her guilty either way. How we deal with an individual ruled "insane" after the fact is a different matter all together.

#32 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"No, but that evil is defined by good. For example, (whether you believe morality is based on culture/public consciousness/higher power/whatever) if a society believes that causing no harm is good, then evil is when harm is caused. Each society/cultural group will then further define what "harm" is, and thereby come up with differing "levels" of evil. In this way, "evil" is actually defined in terms of "decreasing goodness.""

I see what you mean now. For me though, it can go either way.

Gambler says:

"We are born good, its events and choses along the way that make us good and evil.But evil how? As in mans version of evil? Gods? cause in the bible god does what we would consider some evil $#@!If someone in todays world murdered there child, and turned around and said God told me. Would he be good for doing what god asked? Or Evil for killing a child?"

Or the murderer could just be insane.

#33 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be. Or could be that the child God asked him to kill was going to grow up and kill millions.

#34 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Yeah, I dont buy the fact that this woman lead a normal life, then one day kills her kids and now she's insane?Any form of murder is crazy. But you dont say..."Oh well this person didnt know what was happing at the time they commited the crime." But after two years in a nut house there free to rejoin the public."

Yeah, once they've killed, "insane" or not. Please lock them up away from my children forever. If you "rehab" them, release them on some private island with all other "rehabilitated" killers and such. Give them their own society and all the amenities (there go my taxes), but keep them away from me please.

#35 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I dont buy the fact that this woman lead a normal life, then one day kills her kids and now she's insane?

Any form of murder is crazy. But you dont say..."Oh well this person didnt know what was happing at the time they commited the crime." But after two years in a nut house there free to rejoin the public.

#36 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

So, a new Australia?

#37 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with the old one.

#38 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking more in terms of Antarctica, but yeah. Something like that. I mean, Australia turned out to be a pretty sweet country, didn't it?

However, Australia wasn't originally filled with murderous crazies, so maybe it wouldn't last very long.

Post Edited:2007-03-29 21:29:34

#39 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, leave them to rehabilitate in the most brutal conditions in the world.

#40 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck with that. Some people are just sick and twisted. I mean outside of what we think on this web page, there are some people that need to be put away from other people for the rest of their lives.

#41 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of those people were wrongly convicted from what I hear.

#42 Posted by Ciatly (9 posts) - - Show Bio

No cause you would be killing Batman who is a ninja...partly...and then that would be just awful...

#43 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja's rock. They keep life interesting for everyone.

#44 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhh! Bright shiny object.

#46 Posted by Nny (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Australia DID have murderers. And thieves, and smugglers, and druggies, and just about everything else imaginable.

Back on topic . . . good can't exist without evil, because without evil there is nothing to compare good to. Life without hardship turns people into pampered morons. If there was no evil, good would stagnate, and then we'd have no interesting people at all.

If there was no evil, good would have no purpose and go unseen.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 22:41:42