#1 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

So an extremely common trait amongst main characters in superhero stories is being orphans and/or only children, almost always with at least one missing or absent parent.

In the cases it is not there is a pattern that is almost always there:

Twins

Twins+usually absent other sibling (or thought dead), who is typically a younger

Two siblings of same gender but different ages.

So how about your character's?

Avatar image for subspace_slicer
#2 Posted by Subspace_Slicer (1406 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, his mother and father aren't missing, but don't really stay in contact so it's up in the air on that one.

His adopted younger brother is trying to track down both him and his parents.

#3 Posted by Dr_Halloween (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc was abandoned but was taken in by a tough yet fair man. However, that man died of age. Now, he has found his childhood friend.

#4 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradshaw:

• Wife and Daughter are dead, which is a large part of his story.
  • His parents are alive, but he doesn't contact them much anymore.

Nemaz:

• Orphaned at a young age.
  • No siblings.
  • No/Never had wife.
  • Had one Child (@vai) with @gale_xanders

Jackal:

• Ran away from home.
  • Mother is presumed dead, killed by his father.
  • One step sibling. Confirmed killed.

Moya:

• Both parents are alive and well. Occasional contact. Visits are rare.
  • No siblings.

Prometheus:

• No organic parents due to being an AI created a team of scientists.
  • Has "siblings" in the form of other AIs in a sense, created by the other teams. Such as the Ares AI the M.O.R.S. uses, and Perses.
  • Has a pseodo-mother AI named Athena, who's sole purpose is to raise AIs in VR. (No profile for it yet.)
#5 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

Nemaz:

• Orphaned at a young age.
  • No siblings.
  • No/Never had wife.
  • Had one Child (@vai) with @gale_xanders

....Well dang. So that's who the father was. I've been wondering who ever since Vai showed up at all lol.

#6 Posted by Kaija (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

Accidentally murdered her own parents.

Dead in Burelov, Germany

#7 Edited by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

Killed by monsters controlled by the LOS.

#8 Edited by _Dirge_ (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

All deceased on his father's side. Only knows that his Mother and her side of the family are descendants of Cú Chulainn.

Avatar image for katrin_romanoff_004
#9 Posted by Katrin_Romanoff_004 (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

Katrin doesn't have any parents. Her sister prototypes are all deactivated and her "father" (Dr. Peters) is recently deceased of natural causes. There ware rumors of one more Valkyrie unit but Kat doesn't believe them.

#10 Posted by Mother (395 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is my family.

Avatar image for subspace_slicer
#11 Posted by Subspace_Slicer (1406 posts) - - Show Bio

@mother: And I thought my family reunions were bad, your includes literal Hitler

#12 Posted by ltlredwulf (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Maedra's mother died of disease when the princess was a child. Her stepmother, with Liath's help, killed her remaining relations. Maedra then killed her stepmother.

#13 Posted by _Gaige_ (992 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizzy's are alive in Grimm, but they were never on good terms and she left on even worse

She sees her team as sisters, even more so with Kaede

#14 Posted by Icefire_Outlaw (4412 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesse's family is dead of varying causes. (TBD in my bio update...soon)

#15 Edited by Hegemon (11509 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali Outsider

• Mother: Marion Denise, Celestial Arshe Mankhan (from 2 different births)
  • Father: Light Castle, Ahmed Outsider (from 2 different births)
  • Siblings: 4 (3 brothers, 1 sister)
  • (all alive)

Vandal King

• God Emperor of Mankind: Father (dead)
  • Enchantress: Mother (dead)
  • No Siblings
#16 Edited by Soliton (1365 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Two parents. Both are alive.
  • Considers Abigail Aensland a sort of bigger sister, and her Butler Alastair as a sort of Uncle figure.

After being hunted down and easily captured by the Black Dog, Amani stays away from any immediate family, believing herself to endangering everyone around her.

#17 Posted by Kaede_ (519 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a super cool thread, I approve. Great way to learn more about different characters.

Kaede:

Both parents living. Father (Toshiro Mitsuri) owns a telecommunications company based in New York City. Mother (Madeline Mitsuri) does pseudo-jobs as a member of various boards, mostly involved in telling people what to do. Oldest sister Kanna (18) is finishing high school and expects to be attending college in the fall. After getting her degree, she expects to work with her father's business. Other sister Kirin (16) is a junior in high school, currently mostly interested in Boys, Socialization, and Driving her Little Sister Crazy, not necessarily in that order. Twin brother (Toshiro) killed in a car accident when he and Kaede were 7.

Kaede's parents know about her abilities, her siblings do not. Currently Kaede is away from home on the public premise that she is attending a private boarding school. In truth she is training with the Teen Team, though she is not sure what ends she is training towards, precisely. Kaede is quite fond of the Teen Team members, who seem to have more or less adopted her as their surrogate little sister. She's pretty happy about that, as the Teen Team girls make good sisters.

#18 Posted by BladeBrave (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathan Gray:

Born Nathan Graie near Minneapolis, Minnesota. Ran away from home at 16 with his girlfriend Saikea. As far as he knows, his parents and younger sister Alison (omg spoilers!!) are still living in the Minneapolis area, but he hasn't had any contact with them in 12 years. Girlfriend is still living in Some Unspecified Location, where she is happily working as an Evil Overlord / Mad Scientist.

#19 Edited by Anonym (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Tristan's mother was murdered by his father, who lately died of a heart attack (definitely NOT caused by Ace, nope nope nope). His young cousin Liam is in the asylum right now, and Trist plans to file for adoption after the Ice and Faerie event. Ace and Ann are brother and sister (a blog post in the more or less near future) and are considered family by both Liam and Tristan.

#20 Posted by Silver_Spider_ (1534 posts) - - Show Bio

You all make your bios depressing. ;P

- Parents are still alive and well, although his father is a police officer and engages in dangerous situations. His mother is a doctor and works in a local hospital.

- Has no brothers or siblings.

And that is all I'm giving since I have not completely finished my bio.

#21 Posted by Rossum (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Ded

#22 Edited by Mr. Mercury (20649 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

The Tsukazaki/Watanabe

No Caption Provided
  • Mugen- Working as a Soichiro agent in Japan
  • Carmen- Working as Wata-dai Corp. Geneticist in Japan
  • Johto- Working as a Soichiro director in Japan
  • Jotaro- Gakushuin Peers student & Musician in Japan
  • Echo- Stanford University Law Student in California & Social Media Figure
  • Daisuke- Engineer for Wata-dai Corp. in Japan
  • Yoshi- Retired and living life like it's golden in Japan & Ryukyu Islands (Okinawa)
  • Chisato- Stem Abbess of the Sisterhood of Lillies on the Ryukyu Islands (Okinawa)

#23 Edited by Renegade84 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic

Paragon has no siblings. Keira's mother is the CEO of Hawke Industries, her Dad is the owner of the Ace of Clubs in Metro City.

Superion has no siblings. Both parents are still alive.

Sarah and Lara are twins, both parents still alive and well. The twins hardly ever talk to each other anymore and they used to be close.

Theron King's family is dead but he has an adopted daughter.

Warrior Angel has a large family considering she's a Knightfall. Both parents are dead, though, and no direct siblings. Just cousins, aunts, uncles, etc, she doesn't even know or met.

Hal Knight has a sister and they work together in the reporter business. Both parents still alive, Uncle is dead.

Lucas Knight (no relation to Hal). His entire family is dead.

Renegade here has parents and a brother who want nothing to do with her because she's a mutant. She hasn't seen them in years.

Nemesis has a father but he was murdered.

Zephyr has no siblings, mother is dead I believe and her father is a sadistic villain bent on destroying her.

Elite can't even remember if she has a family.

Kat McCloud has a family but never speaks of them.

#24 Posted by The_Xsoteric (1176 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Embargo (773 posts) - - Show Bio

The Liafador-Pettis Family has settled on Kwazulu Alcazar. Save for Zeon, Isis and Selene

#26 Edited by AmyEarheart (3739 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I need permission from an existing Knightfall to make one? If not then Amy is a Knightfall with a complicated history.

#27 Posted by Grover_ (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother and Father are back in new orleans.

#28 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I need permission from an existing Knightfall to make one? If not then Amy is a Knightfall with a complicated history.

I asked whoever it was that started it, but for the life of me I can't remember who that was.

#29 Posted by AmyEarheart (3739 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@amyearheart: If it isn't cassius he probably knows who it is

#31 Posted by AmyEarheart (3739 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by AmyEarheart (3739 posts) - - Show Bio

It's officially canon, Amy's related to the Knightfalls. (How and what happens is still under construction)