What Team or RPer would you like to see in an RP?

Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@The Dark Huntress said:

That happened before (or was starting to be built up to)

What was? TI Civil War?

@Nerx
And you can be captain 1.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#152  Edited By Mercy_

@CurbsideProphet: Yup

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Thee_Champion

I'd like to see the Legendary Hellfire Club against COP and the Trinity :P

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#154  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

pphh Trinity could take them on our own xP wait... o_O HFC is back...? again? >_>

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Thee_Champion

@Feral Nova: I don't know if they're back but it would be a fun RPG :P

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#156  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

yeah it would be fun ^^

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By CainPanell

Hazmat vs Daywing

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Dark Huntress vs Shadow Knight vs Mikepool

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By ladydeath

@CurbsideProphet said:

@_Hazmat said:

@CurbsideProphet said:

I'm still waiting for Ten In vs every single hero team on the vine.

That would be a blast >:3

I'm inclined to agree with DH on this one. It'd no doubt be a big mess, plus I haven't seen a ton of Ten In in forever.

@The Dark Huntress:
If you change your name, does that mean we can't call you DH anymore?

We are still here...XP

Dark Deception RP ours.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By 614azrael
@CurbsideProphet
Requim VS Naamah would be awesome 
Surelok vs Hex hounestly I think needs to be a team up :P
SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By SurelockeHomes

Hazmat should fight Ethan Starks.

@614azrael: Yes, even though she hates me for the sole reason that I'm a human? However will we get around that?

@CurbsideProphet: Some say I vary, as I do the whole controlling of the elements thing, but at heart, I'm still a street leveller. I'd never cheat anyone, unless I turned evil. And currently, I'm the most well-behaved I've ever been.

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@ladydeath: I know you're still alive. Still the only villains? 

@614azrael: Yes, and I can be the referee
Avatar image for angelique_lebeau
Angelique LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see any team/rpger set up something that has a lasting impact. Enough of the "team only/one shots" already

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#164  Edited By Nerx

@Angelique LeBeau: Is anyone doing that currently? at the moment tenn in has one big event coming up that involves melee but after that I will make a big event. but I need a lot of heroes and a world leader.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ladydeath

@CurbsideProphet said:

@ladydeath: I know you're still alive. Still the only villains?

@614azrael: Yes, and I can be the referee

Nope.

NumberSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By NumberSeven

@Angelique LeBeau said:

I'd like to see any team/rpger set up something that has a lasting impact. Enough of the "team only/one shots" already

I would be up for that.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#167  Edited By shanana
@Angelique LeBeau all that big crap for what?? To have half the vine godmod and unseal throughout the story??
Daywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Daywing
@Angelique LeBeau said:

That'd would be cool! If someone gives me a heads up I'd love to be apart of or even just read something like that.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#169  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Angelique LeBeau all that big crap for what?? To have half the vine godmod and unseal throughout the story??

I dont see it being a major problem to be honest, wasnt for years and hasnt been since. People are free to do what they want but where's all the lasting canon? Seems like its just one exclusive team rp after another. Little to no set up for lasting effect or even character interaction. In my opinion its rather simple to work around the inevitable god-mod and under selling. Where's the new history building? Where's the continuity? Doesn't even have to be a "Major Event" but one that made an impact would be nice, no?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By shanana

@Gambler: I don't know, I've never been a big fan of them to be honest.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Ziccarra_Liafador: No I know, and not everyone will be (or is) which is also cool. I'd just like to see the story building expand beyond individual teams. Its somewhat disconnected when Team A is doing this and Team B is doing that and never the two stories or situations meet or are cross referenced. Say country Z is taken over and no one bats an eye, the take over is never mentioned outside the one shot rpg it then becomes lost to everyone not involved in said rpg. Hero C dies but it was in a team only rpg and it happened at the hands of generic NPC character....no one outside that rpg is gonna remember that, care about that, discuss that. I guess what I'm saying is sometimes you need more then just the members of your team selling situations. Thats my opinion anyway.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By CainPanell

@Eternal Chaos said:

Dark Huntress vs Shadow Knight vs Mikepool

YES.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By shanana

@Gambler: Yeah I totally agree with that. As a matter of fact i was wondering about it as well. There are some teams pushing out multiple rpg's at one time, how do you account for all that "canon" I proposed we progress the Vine to the same point and time that way every team is on the same page, however it didn't stick. I'm not saying I wouldn't partake in one for the sake of continuity I just think most of them are a pain.

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By SkybornLord

Gloomix and Darkchild should fight Kain and Lyn.

Also, Darkchild should fight Kain should fight ReEnforcer, Triple Threat

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Mercy_

@SkybornLord: Only problem with that is that Darkchild's dead lol

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By SkybornLord
@The Dark Huntress
No he's not! I can't hear you! LALALALALALALALALA!
Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@SkybornLord: I fought Darkchild. I won.

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By CurbsideProphet
Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Gambler said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

I dont see it being a major problem to be honest, wasnt for years and hasnt been since. People are free to do what they want but where's all the lasting canon? Seems like its just one exclusive team rp after another. Little to no set up for lasting effect or even character interaction. In my opinion its rather simple to work around the inevitable god-mod and under selling. Where's the new history building? Where's the continuity? Doesn't even have to be a "Major Event" but one that made an impact would be nice, no?

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Gambler: Yeah I totally agree with that. As a matter of fact i was wondering about it as well. There are some teams pushing out multiple rpg's at one time, how do you account for all that "canon" I proposed we progress the Vine to the same point and time that way every team is on the same page, however it didn't stick. I'm not saying I wouldn't partake in one for the sake of continuity I just think most of them are a pain.

@Gambler said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador: No I know, and not everyone will be (or is) which is also cool. I'd just like to see the story building expand beyond individual teams. Its somewhat disconnected when Team A is doing this and Team B is doing that and never the two stories or situations meet or are cross referenced. Say country Z is taken over and no one bats an eye, the take over is never mentioned outside the one shot rpg it then becomes lost to everyone not involved in said rpg. Hero C dies but it was in a team only rpg and it happened at the hands of generic NPC character....no one outside that rpg is gonna remember that, care about that, discuss that. I guess what I'm saying is sometimes you need more then just the members of your team selling situations. Thats my opinion anyway.

- I think both of you have very valid points, and just wanted to throw my two cents in on the subject. While I am very new on here in the RPG section, I have extensive offline experience and am not just talking completely out of my ass. It is not my intention to insult or slam anyone in particular or belittle their efforts in any way. I have no idea how things were "back in the day" only what I see now, and therefore may be unaware if I am repeating prior attempts or concerns. Again these are just the observations of someone who has just walked in the door, and the equivalent of an outside observer.

Godmodding

1 - I can fully understand the frustration on the idea of godmodding running rampant in a major or minor event. For a lot of RP'ers they may look at this as a chance to show off for everyone, not realizing that a well written loss is better for them in the long run than a badly written win. In any situation without an all-powerful GM this will never be eliminated outright, but that should not be enough to just throw away the idea of using them if the idea is worth the trouble.

2 - There is also the issue of newer RP'ers wanting to be a part of it who simply do not know enough about prior canon to not make mistakes. Many bios are also vague enough to make this all but unavoidable. Just because you list your characters powers, but there is no overall scale to show the power level for the most part. I'm sure many of the long time players see this as unnecessary as their feats towards canon have shown this over time, but what good is that to anyone who was not there to take it in? In my first fight against Maya Lopez in some instances I criminally undersold her abilities simply because I had no idea how to rate them in comparison. I was not trying to show off, i was just doing the best I could with what I had to work with1

3 - As long as there is a single or group of unbiased (not part of any faction involved), long term, and active player(s) as a referee this should not be too much of a problem IMO. If a player gets ruled against and flips out they get booted from the event, period. If in hindsight the person proves their point they can jump back in. I understand this is a simplistic framework, but with others input I think it is possible to make it work.

Canon

1 - I 100% agree with Gambler that right now that this does not look like any kind of cohesive RPG world as of today. The majority of the interaction is within existing teams and/or long time players. Heroes are sparring with heroes and not much else, villains are just doing their own thing and no one seems to be trying to do anything about it, it does not make any sense based on the theme. I do not know what happened to make everyone pick up their toys and stay in their own corners of the sandbox but IMO it is detrimental to improving the whole.

2 - I am not expecting or would ever ask existing teams and players to throw their existing canon or plans aside, or force them to take a back seat to whatever overall event is on the table (Please see Marvel Comics for what NOT to do). Just to have some kind of involvement, even of just a minor cameo to give things the feel that this is all taking place in one universe and in a relative time frame. If someone has a storyline in mind that is of major impact outside of their own little circle, this only makes sense to involve those who would naturally be drawn to it.

3 - I think Ziccarra's idea to bring all the separate factions to update themselves to a common point is brilliant, and the idea it was shot down confusing. A number of people have put significant effort in maintaining the Vine canon, but even so many teams do not have up to date rosters, or include characters that have not been seen in months, not to mention the majority of the groups listed are defunct. A one time effort to houseclean and update now makes everything moving forward a breeze in comparison. If certain factions want to stay completely uninvolved, have them establish a parallel canon to keep out things in sync for them and everyone can be happy enough.

Overall

1 - I have heard complaints that things are not as active anymore in here and I am not surprised, it is like pulling teeth for a new person to find something to do that is not in the end too often an irrelevant diversion. While true anyone can start up their own thread, doing so with little experience in the Vine Verse makes it ripe for error, and knowing it will have no impact in the grand scheme makes it hardly worth the effort. Long time RP'ers leave and without a structured way to integrate the newbies who take it seriously into the fold of relevance, they will come and just as quickly go.

2 - Whatever the reasons are for where things are now, whomever is as fault, whatever the cause, I really don't care. In conclusion I simply see the potential for something more unified and creative and hopes it heads in that direction

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@WarMachineMarkV: I like you.
Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#181  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@WarMachineMarkV: What about well written showing off ? ; )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Naamah_Obyzouth:

- Style without substance is only half great

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By shanana

@WarMachineMarkV: IT appears we've found our Male DH lol

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By SkybornLord
@Eternal Chaos
I want to see. What was it called? Have you guys ever fought ReEnforcer?
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Mercy_

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@WarMachineMarkV: IT appears we've found our Male DH lol

O_o

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Mercy_

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Gambler said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Gambler said:

- I think both of you have very valid points, and just wanted to throw my two cents in on the subject. While I am very new on here in the RPG section, I have extensive offline experience and am not just talking completely out of my ass. It is not my intention to insult or slam anyone in particular or belittle their efforts in any way. I have no idea how things were "back in the day" only what I see now, and therefore may be unaware if I am repeating prior attempts or concerns. Again these are just the observations of someone who has just walked in the door, and the equivalent of an outside observer.

Godmodding

1 - I can fully understand the frustration on the idea of godmodding running rampant in a major or minor event. For a lot of RP'ers they may look at this as a chance to show off for everyone, not realizing that a well written loss is better for them in the long run than a badly written win. In any situation without an all-powerful GM this will never be eliminated outright, but that should not be enough to just throw away the idea of using them if the idea is worth the trouble.

2 - There is also the issue of newer RP'ers wanting to be a part of it who simply do not know enough about prior canon to not make mistakes. Many bios are also vague enough to make this all but unavoidable. Just because you list your characters powers, but there is no overall scale to show the power level for the most part. I'm sure many of the long time players see this as unnecessary as their feats towards canon have shown this over time, but what good is that to anyone who was not there to take it in? In my first fight against Maya Lopez in some instances I criminally undersold her abilities simply because I had no idea how to rate them in comparison. I was not trying to show off, i was just doing the best I could with what I had to work with1

3 - As long as there is a single or group of unbiased (not part of any faction involved), long term, and active player(s) as a referee this should not be too much of a problem IMO. If a player gets ruled against and flips out they get booted from the event, period. If in hindsight the person proves their point they can jump back in. I understand this is a simplistic framework, but with others input I think it is possible to make it work.

Canon

1 - I 100% agree with Gambler that right now that this does not look like any kind of cohesive RPG world as of today. The majority of the interaction is within existing teams and/or long time players. Heroes are sparring with heroes and not much else, villains are just doing their own thing and no one seems to be trying to do anything about it, it does not make any sense based on the theme. I do not know what happened to make everyone pick up their toys and stay in their own corners of the sandbox but IMO it is detrimental to improving the whole.

2 - I am not expecting or would ever ask existing teams and players to throw their existing canon or plans aside, or force them to take a back seat to whatever overall event is on the table (Please see Marvel Comics for what NOT to do). Just to have some kind of involvement, even of just a minor cameo to give things the feel that this is all taking place in one universe and in a relative time frame. If someone has a storyline in mind that is of major impact outside of their own little circle, this only makes sense to involve those who would naturally be drawn to it.

3 - I think Ziccarra's idea to bring all the separate factions to update themselves to a common point is brilliant, and the idea it was shot down confusing. A number of people have put significant effort in maintaining the Vine canon, but even so many teams do not have up to date rosters, or include characters that have not been seen in months, not to mention the majority of the groups listed are defunct. A one time effort to houseclean and update now makes everything moving forward a breeze in comparison. If certain factions want to stay completely uninvolved, have them establish a parallel canon to keep out things in sync for them and everyone can be happy enough.

Overall

1 - I have heard complaints that things are not as active anymore in here and I am not surprised, it is like pulling teeth for a new person to find something to do that is not in the end too often an irrelevant diversion. While true anyone can start up their own thread, doing so with little experience in the Vine Verse makes it ripe for error, and knowing it will have no impact in the grand scheme makes it hardly worth the effort. Long time RP'ers leave and without a structured way to integrate the newbies who take it seriously into the fold of relevance, they will come and just as quickly go.

2 - Whatever the reasons are for where things are now, whomever is as fault, whatever the cause, I really don't care. In conclusion I simply see the potential for something more unified and creative and hopes it heads in that direction

Fangirl screams.

You...are my new favorite.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By shanana

@The Dark Huntress: See lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ziccarra_Liafador:

- Wow, that didn't take long..it's as if she sensed it

@The Dark Huntress:

- I take it you have a similar view of the status quo?

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#189  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@WarMachineMarkV: I was just joking with you BTW. I agree with alot of what you are saying.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Mercy_

@Ziccarra_Liafador: My god. He's like my soulmate lol

@WarMachineMarkV: ABSOLUTELY.

And I have a sixth sense when it comes to A. awesomeness and B. my name being mentioned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador: My god. He's like my soulmate lol

@WarMachineMarkV: ABSOLUTELY.

And I have a sixth sense when it comes to A. awesomeness and B. my name being mentioned.

- And I thought you only loved me for my witty Top 10 Lists

- Gets all emotional at being called her soulmate, skips the fist pump and goes straight for the happy hug

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@WarMachineMarkV: Most impressive post I've seen in years. Well thought out and on point. Cant wait to see you make an rpg and or team.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By shanana

Without villains a hero team can only make rpg's using NPC's for them to be effective. Now unless it's a Team Member RPG, The Trinity rpg's are open. We even started recruiting villains and giving them one-shots so we can work stories out of that. We have one Villain Team; who quite frankly can't take on three teams in one big event. Now if you get all these good for nothing villains who claim to be oh so powerful, but in essence are nothing but thread fodder, maybe something more expansive can be done.

I've tried, but everytime I throw an idea out there, people go. "Oh awesome Idea Z, or I love it, Or epic; but when it comes to to show face no one dresses up. I'm not obligated to move the continuity of the Vine just the Trinity, so if everyone wants to keep attacking New York after it's already been cannonly destroyed it's whateva.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler:

- I'm still on the fence about what I am going to do, if anything.

- If things are going to remain so fragmented, IMO its just not worth starting something new. Anything not tied to something established looks to be spinning its wheels and there is no reason for me to believe it would be any different in my case.

- If on the other hand there is an effort to improve things, I would be willing to offer ideas as well as being used as a sounding board where requested. My lack of experience with canon makes me a poor choice for much more than that, the elder players IMO need to lead this to have any chance of going somewhere.

- At this point its wait and see if anything comes up worth associating with, otherwise I'll likely just wash my hands of it and chalk it up to a lost cause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ziccarra_Liafador:

- Things need to be organized at a top down level or things will never run smoothly or really go anywhere. I would really like to hear why the vast majority either do not want or don't care enough to buy in or at least say why they do not.

- The fact that one person had to make 3 hero teams and their own villain team just to find someone to fight speaks volumes about how dysfunctional things are, anyone who thinks this is acceptable is kidding themselves or is satisfied with mediocrity.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By shanana
@WarMachineMarkV 3 hero teams? I was talkin about the trinity, cops , and Kod. Vs t.i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ziccarra_Liafador:

- I saw some threads of other related teams, like Trinity Legends, etc

- Were these abandoned?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By The_Ghostshell

As soon as I have my own computer up and running I'll have another team. I always do.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#199  Edited By Constantine

WE NEED TO MAKE A STAND!

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#200  Edited By XRiskyX
@Gambler: Check your pms. Especially the one from me titled RPG.