• 104 results
#1 Edited by Mister_Surreal (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

As the tittle would suggest, just put down any mannerisms that your character displays on a regular basis. It could be a catchphrase, a sound they make, a movement or just about anything that they do or say often. For example, my character has the tendency to go "hmm" when in deep thought.

#2 Posted by ParagonxXx (3957 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Tends to act overly nervous and dorky around those she considers her heroes.

Such as Feral Nova...who she has met only twice

#3 Edited by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Because his hands are metaphorically covered in blood, the Voice Unheard obsessively washes them. No matter how long or how hot the water however, they never become clean, enough.

Loves Karaoke but because of his vocal condition, will routinely sit in amongst the audience and lip-sync. Vicariously singing through them. Provided they meet his unwavering standards of excellence.

#4 Edited by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

@yazhun_sanvun said:
No Caption Provided

Because his hands are metaphorically covered in blood, the Voice Unheard obsessively washes them. No matter how long or how hot the water however, they never become clean, enough.

Loves Karaoke but because of his vocal condition, will routinely sit in amongst the audience and lip-sync. Vicariously singing through them. Provided they meet his unwavering standards of excellence.

Aww, those are actually kinda said. The first one is almost like a desire for some sort of redemption [or he's just trying to hide the evidence! >_<], and the second one...well, he wants to sing but he can't and you just wanna hug him!

#5 Posted by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as possible, I've always tried to avoid saying that Abigail is nervous. But when she is [in social situations] she's constantly playing with her hair [most commonly twirling it and pulling on it].

#6 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: Maybe your tech guy can build some sorta metahuman sound proof room...

#7 Posted by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

@yazhun_sanvun: But then nobody would hear it anyway, and he's got a new problem on his hands. v_v

Or if he discovers he's actually a really bad singer, then he's lost the one thing tethering him to gentleness. v_v

#8 Posted by Noah_Noble (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: It could play out same as that head-canon suggestion you had about his appearance. He's tone deaf but in his mind he's a harmonic genius.

#9 Posted by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_noble: That'd be okay, because at least it wouldn't suck his joy out of his love.

#10 Posted by _Dirge_ (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

Vincent use to chain smoke a horrid brand of cigarettes from Gothic in an attempt to help deadend his enhanced sense of smell. Since loosing his vision, he no longer smokes. But now he has a nervous tendency to pick at the handle of his cane, or roll a coin of some sort across his knuckles.

#11 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_ said:

or roll a coin of some sort across his knuckles.

Here

u can borrow mine
u can borrow mine

#12 Posted by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_ said:

Vincent use to chain smoke a horrid brand of cigarettes from Gothic in an attempt to help deadend his enhanced sense of smell. Since loosing his vision, he no longer smokes. But now he has a nervous tendency to pick at the handle of his cane, or roll a coin of some sort across his knuckles.

HEY!

#14 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

Has the compulsive need to cook when stressed. His mom use to teach him how to cook when he was a kid, so it calms him whenever he does it by himself.

#15 Posted by _Dirge_ (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: Still haven't picked up that game.

@yazhun_sanvun: Give's me ideas.

#16 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Neither have I. Very few games do I buy at full price. But I played the demo, and that's what that reminded me of.

#17 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_ said:

Give's me ideas.

Just know. If you accept the coin

it comes with certain expectations...
it comes with certain expectations...
#18 Edited by _Dirge_ (3603 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_:It was neat! Made me want the game [once the price drops], and spurred some RP ideas I had [but am tabling because current occupations n' things].

#20 Posted by Sarah_and_Lara (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarah and Lara are identical twin sisters that very few can tell who is who. They love to pretend to be one another to trick people, have a good laugh and see how long it takes anyone to spot them for who they really are.

#21 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Helena has a habit of trying to read through people, even those she deeply cares about. She could of inherited the habit from her mother and father, her childhood training, or even both.

#22 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of anxious mannerisms (e.g. fidgeting, inability for the eyes to settle on one spot [i.e. always analysing for traps, escape routes, etc.], toying with objects in her hands) even in mundane situations, but in actual tense situations these vanish and she appears more calm. Not because she is any more calm or trusting than usual; but analysis becomes more focused, and she's committed to the act.

However, many of the personas she adopts are highly anxious personality types anyway.

#23 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll also - subtly or overtly - flirt with virtually anyone, man or woman, to gauge reactions for general purpose.

#24 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in the day everytime someone needed anything created in a deus ex machina way they would just write that Nighthunter invented it. Poor guy had the worst social life for so many hours spent in the lab.

Avatar image for elizabethlebeau
#25 Posted by ElizabethLeBeau (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Elizabeth largely despises the soullessness of the modern world and prefers the rich aesthetic of the old world.

#26 Posted by Urban_Ronin (10111 posts) - - Show Bio

Is aggressively superficial. To the point of always being late do to her obsessive grooming rituals. In her mind money does not grant one power. Appearance is the only real power as far as she is concerned. Millionaires get murdered. Models seldom do.

#27 Posted by HumansFirst (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Glost will consistently insult food and drink in an attempt to appear more sophisticated, as he closely relates snobbish behavior with refinement.

#28 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

@urban_ronin: We may get along yet!

But there's a lot I'll have to teach you.
But there's a lot I'll have to teach you.

#29 Posted by Urban_Ronin (10111 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: I can hardly wait

Gweilo
Gweilo

#30 Posted by Sii-la (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny that yous ay Quirks. This character was loosely based on eraserhead from my hero academia.

He can talk telepathically but only with eye contact and a few other mind based moves. He's always giving a piercing stare.

#31 Edited by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

@urban_ronin:

Call me that again, and your first lesson is also your last.
Call me that again, and your first lesson is also your last.

#32 Posted by Urban_Ronin (10111 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

One day soon. I'm going to kill u
One day soon. I'm going to kill u

#33 Posted by Zephyr186 (57 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Due to her speed, Zephyr has no patience for eating at restaurants where she has to sit and wait for her food. Fast food is the only way to go and she can barely tolerate that.
  • She also hates shopping since their seems to be long lines all the time.
  • Any activity that requires any kind of waiting or patience is incredibly boring for Zephyr.
  • When Zephyr goes through a boredom spell, she usually passes the time by playing a game in her head or thinking of any number of things, anything so she won't be bored.
#34 Posted by CaptainNova (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Tends to say things that some people consider outdated, such as: "Far out! Swell! Radical! Great Scott!" Simply because Captain Nova likes being different.

#35 Posted by Urban_Ronin (10111 posts) - - Show Bio

Cares deeply for the Nihonto Khan's resident stray, but considers emotional attachments a weakness. So she is constantly at war with her self as she continuously suppresses her feelings. An exhausting existence to say the least.

Avatar image for doctor_dominion
#36 Posted by Doctor_Dominion (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Dominion has a tendency to rub his left wrist when bored.

#37 Posted by Hawkshade (4929 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard will obsess about a problem to the point of neglecting other things in his life. When confronted with a crime he cannot solve he will go without sleep or rest and ignore his relationships with his friends until he can solve the mystery.

#38 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: That makes me think of a...puts on shades...Mantonia!

A man-Antonia.

#39 Posted by Hawkshade (4929 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Noah_Wyatt (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Noah has a intense need to be respected, any signs of disrespect cause him intense irritation and anxiety

Avatar image for doctor_dominion
#41 Edited by Doctor_Dominion (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Dominion has an inconsistent accent and pronunciation. He normally speaks with a low English accent, but rotates it with Spanish, German, French, Nigerian, Russian and several other accents. He also pronounces words according to the accent that he is using. He speaks with all of the accents flawlessly and does this so that no one can determine his true origin.

#42 Posted by Tooth_and_Claw (49 posts) - - Show Bio

King Kroc will often make small versions of his gadgets just to use them on his Kroclings.

#44 Posted by Grimmwald (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

Has a fascination with flaying his foes alive, often going to great lengths to maintain the integrity of the removed skin for subsequent use in terror tactics.

#45 Posted by Rosso (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

When time and circumstance permit, Valentina will often lift cash and credit/debit cards from people she kills so she can make some purchases in their names before arousing suspicion, accounts are locked down, attracting the attention of the law, etc.

#46 Edited by Skardas_Videk (219 posts) - - Show Bio

When operating in Africa on a mission, Skardas witnessed the slaughtering of various endangered animals by poachers. Since then, he's repulsed by the sight of meat and has become a vegetarian.

Skardas gets excited when he hears different languages he has yet to learn and finds other languages very calming to listen to.

#47 Edited by Cutting_Edge (675 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur had developed a serious phobia of being left alone due to a traumatic incident that he experienced as a child. For that reason, he keeps a series of A.I. around him at all times as a substitute for when organic life is not available. When he believes to be by himself, he suffers a temporary hallucinogenic state as well as the feeling of crippling anxiety.

#48 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Hawkshade (4929 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Cutting_Edge (675 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: They would almost certainly be best friends.

@hawkshade: Yeah, he was written like that to humanize him more.