My characters follow a path which is founded on a code of ethics. It helps me understand what they expect from both themselves and from others. All of my characters have their own personal set of rules they follow. They don't always do what their code would suggest, but it does help me to allow my characters to show some sort of consistency. This thread is so you can show another side of your character, or learn more about your character all together. Does your character even have a moral code?
The Cardinal's (Salubri Cain) moral code.
- Indulge in vice. Wealth, sensuality and material power.
- Lead others to temptation for it is my role to promote the depravity of the world.
- Grant the curse of Cain to those with great passion. Undeath is an evil curse, but those with great conviction can use it well.
- The entire material world is corrupt. Except betrayal and wickedness because almost everyone is corrupt along with it.
- My role as a creature of evil is predestined. I accept it and fulfill my purpose.
- Death simply leads to reincarnation. Mortals return after I kill them. However, I should avoid final death, since they will return as a mortal if they die. I however am damned and will be lost forever.
Wrath's moral code.
- Search for the history of his kind.
- Learn from his actions.
- Develop his will, and instinct.
- Self mastery.
- Take the souls of the unworthy so that he may become closer to his Dark Lord.
- Study my abilities to discover what belongs with myself.
- Examine the limits and meanings of being a demon.
Lust's moral code.
- Always keep my word and honor my agreements.
- Never show cowardice.
- Overcome my fears.
- Duty comes before personal matters.
- Treat fairly and equitably with those of station.
- Always repay my debts.
- Support my comrads-at-arms in all things, except where they counsel treachery.
You can explain you characters path however you feel, I just found this as an easy way for me to do it.