What is it?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andferne

What drives your character? His or her motivation that keeps them going and doing whatever it is they do in rpgs.

For Andferne is has to be his passion. His hope and drive to make the world a safer and better place. Even if it is one person, one event at a time. His belief in the good of people is one thing that does not waver in his resolve.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shanana

Well for Sha it used to be just making it through the fight without being looked Down upon. Once her Dark force became cannon it became fighting to get rid of that Dark force, which was essentially her life.

Now Sha Fights To prove that God made, Mutants Superior to Humans for the Reason Of leading the World into a New era. The Only reason Sha Still remains on earth is to end the Prosecution of Aliens and Mutants.

She strives to create a World, where What Mutants Say is Law.

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Spartan
  • The Spartan:  In some ways, he a pessimist.  He knows the world is an imperfect place and that it will never change.  Wars have to be fought.  Lives have to be taken.  He has to do whatever is best for humanity.... even if they see him as a monster for doing so.  Basically, he just keeps going because it's what he does.  He's here to kick some ass and try to keep the world safe, not to be idolized.
  • The Hunter:  He knows that he is the last of his kind.  His hatred for evil drives him to keep going.  Being the last of his kind, he realizes that he has 2 choices.  He can either try to remain safe and out of harm's way, or he can go on the offensive and hit his enemies before they hit him.  Also, since taking charge of Wolf Pack, he views it as his responsibility to keep going and protect his team at all costs (even though they don't always need protecting).
talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By talon_x23

Mine would have to be niether trying to make the world a better place or trying to destroy it. She does what she does to protect the peopel she cares about. Her past drives her to make sure that no one that comes to care for her would ever be in danger and if the worlds in danger her firends are to. But when fighting in is mostly her rage and anger toward her father why she keeps going. All she ever wanted to do was make him proud but he never seemed to care for her, SO I guess it's a mix between Anger and Friendship

Espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Espada
  • Espada: His life was taken from him before he had even begun living. Diego now lives with vengeance in his heart. He was made into the perfect killing machine, and now he is using that to make those that created him pay. Though initialy driven by a simple vendetta, Espada is now a Crusader against all corrupt leaders and organizations. Though he has been robbed of many of his emotions, he displays a human side when in the presence of Zora Arrow. In the end, he's driven by passion.
  • Ferro: Plain and simple, his whole life has been a tragedy. Now he lives to keep anyone else from suffering that. He's highly empathic, so when he sees someone in pain he feels obligated to help them, no matter what the personal cost. The other thing that drives him is his friends. He'll die for anyone he cares about in a heartbeat.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

King Hyperion is probably almost the exact opposite of Andferne. He was responsible for the destruction of Earth-61388 (not that he will ever admit it, mind you) so that's obviously a big indication that he could care less about making the world a better and safer place. As for what drives him? Power. Everything he does revolves around finding ways to acquire more power and he will do whatever it takes to ensure that he is successful in doing so.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By G'bandit

A satellite that keeps messing with his brain. He was turn into a organic computer, meaning he has to fallow every command sent by a satellite that triggers a signal that only he can hear (Norse code) These people messed up his mind and through these codes they can even move G'bandit's body against his will. (Like a robot) this was shown in Crimes of the past. G'bandit hardly ever acts willingly he does what he does because he has no choice.

So since he is going to do it anyway he figured he should do it and have fun while at it. Chopping head, slicing guts, ripping limb from limb and all that XD But that's until he finds out who are those who did that to him. He has no memory of his past before the death of Jonathan Lone and The Storm RPG.

Also the Will of finding who killed his "Father" Jonathan Lone (Lone is not his real father but he is the one that saved GB and treat him like a son while he recovered from a savage beating.)

G’bandit’s purpose

Fallow these orders he receives while he finds the one who send them
Find who burnt and killed Jonathan Lone.
Learn as much possible about his origin.
Learn who provide him the suit and weapons.
After finding out the truth make them pay for what they have done.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild

What drives Darkchild?

To be his kinds savior, to wipe the world of the unclean and cleanse it....when hes not bored.

Darkchild tends to....drift from his his purpouse

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Paragon

For Paragon, it's his family and friends. Making the world a safer place for them (and everyone else) to live, from the street level thugs, to interdimensional forces. Early career, it was fun and adventure. Fighting anything and helping anyone, just for the adventure, but after the deaths of his friends (Who never actually died... Damn retcons...Haha.) he changed his motive for the safety of innocents.

Others:

• Tobias Leitner - Revenge and world domination in the name of the Third Reich.
  • Darksin - Power, and universal domination.
  • Tempest - Same as P. Safety for the fam (Must be a parent thing....)
  • Vengeance - The love of money. Every once in a while, he may cover his brother's back in a time of need.
  • Brooke - She's a curious 10 year old. Learn, have fun, and be like her parents.
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Feral Nova: She strives to do exactly what WAL's motto is: Light up the Darkness. For her, she wants to show people not to lose faith in the world around them, but also have some fun doing it. Even though she is a silly person, when push comes to shove, she knows how to stand up for not only herself, but others. She also wants to prove her maker wrong, she was made to be a weapon of distruction and chaos, and she wants to prove to him that she's not, that she can help the world with the powers given to her, even though she never wanted them.
Homicide: Money, thats bascailly why she does, what she does. Who ever pays the most, she'll work for. But the reason why she works for money, is to help support her family. So, she's really a family person, just going about taking care of them the wrong way.

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akwa

Akwa's main motivation is saving his own sweet skin. Of course, this isn't always true. If he believes he is obliged to someone he will help them and despite being neutral, he's got a big enough good streak to know that some evils must be opposed.

Of course, his motivations can swing wildly when he's bored. He doesn't exactly hold true to any set motivation or goal.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By _Sojourn_

Slight is on a quest to become great. To use his powers to help everyone. Within his body holds a benevolant cosmic entity that if left unchecked would probably destroy the Earth just in it's search to find the Phoenix, so he has to deal with not overextending himself and causing unneeded damage.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Methos

He's pissed... at his mothers death, at the way the world treated her... and at the people she died for...

Opening the bottle I pour the last of the hundred year old scotch into the glass. Knocking it back I can feel the burn as I pull the last cigarette out of the pack. “Some of you, no doubt, are wondering why I’ve told you all this. The reason I’m here was because Jenny asked me to be here. The reason for my words is simple. Jenny Sparks gave her life for you. Personally I don’t think she should have.” The surprised mutterings of the crowd amused him. “I think she was worth the lot of you. But obviously she thought differently. There must be something about you all that I haven’t been able to see yet. Sure there are some very good people on this planet. I’ve met a lot of them. I’ve stood by some of them as they’ve stopped the world from being sucked into hell. But honestly anything I did I did for Them. Not you. She did it because she thought you were worth it. That you were worth everything she had. She thought you could be better than you are now and she was going to do everything in her power to give you that chance.”

“Jenny Sparks died because she thought you could do better.” Putting the cigarette into my mouth I looked up at them as I lit it with a single arc of electricity. I could see the ripples of shock as at least some of the people present figured it out. “My mother died because she thought you could do better. My name is Alexander Sparks. My mother had faith in you, and you’d all better f#cking prove her right.” Looking at the cigarette in my hand I chuckle as I drop it to the ground and step on it. “Bugger this I want a better world.” Reaching out with my mind I grab the singing currents of the hastily rigged sound system and pull myself into the London electrical grid.

M
TWO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TWO

Money!

TWO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TWO

Money!

power surge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By power surge

to find a place where he can belong and where being different doesn't matter.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Because Kiara is so old she has many things that drive her. She is propelled by old promises to protect the human race, her love for her friends and those who have became family drives her to protect them as well as try to find a way to make their lives easier. I see Kiara as a mother figure most of the time, she wants to wrap herself around the human race or her friends and make sure no harm comes to them. But at the same time she has killed humans before and attempted to kill her friends so when that happens her "heroes heart" battles her villainous side.

Tyson Rios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tyson Rios
TWO said:
"Money!"
and to do what's right
Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Day Hunter

Well originally it was because after seeing the slaughter that was his family he couldn't bare let that happen to anyone else but the new DH does it simply because he can and he finds it fun. Personally he could care less about humanity he does wat he does simply because its fun.

Tyson Rios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tyson Rios
Day Hunter said:
"Well originally it was because after seeing the slaughter that was his family he couldn't bare let that happen to anyone else but the new DH does it simply because he can and he finds it fun. Personally he could care less about humanity he does wat he does simply because its fun. "
wouldnt that make you a neut
Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Day Hunter
Tyson Rios said:
"Day Hunter said:
"Well originally it was because after seeing the slaughter that was his family he couldn't bare let that happen to anyone else but the new DH does it simply because he can and he finds it fun. Personally he could care less about humanity he does wat he does simply because its fun. "
wouldnt that make you a neut"
More or less he still has a little bit of a of hero in him. He believes in not killing the enemy because he considers it to be more of a punishment to make them rot in a prison. I'll prob change him to a neut real soon. 
Tyson Rios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tyson Rios
Day Hunter said:
"Tyson Rios said:
"Day Hunter said:
wouldnt that make you a neut"
More or less he still has a little bit of a of hero in him. He believes in not killing the enemy because he considers it to be more of a punishment to make them rot in a prison. I'll prob change him to a neut real soon.  "
nice
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Simon Williams

For Simon, It would be the capacity for good that lies in everyone and the world being a Dangerous place. Like one of my favorite quotes, The World is a Dangerous place, not because of those who do wrong, but those who see and do nothing. I can't stand idle as someone gets mugged, or assault, or even raped. I want to always be there to lay out a handing up to those in need. Not because I have to is because I choose to. A photographer once asked me Why don't I ever take a Break? I replied, The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off. Why should I? (actually a Bob Marley quote.) Also on the work of Andferne, He is a true inspiration on what I stand for what all heroes should stand for. I chose to be the Hero, who work mostly all 8760 hours of the year. I would see people who had stood hours in the rain just to get a glimpse of Me, and that would touch any ones heart even the darkest of beings.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Constantine

Con first liked the idea of crime fighting when he watched his family die, he couldn't save his parents but decided he could save someone elses. When he started it was because he couldn't control his power of "death emphasis", it got too strong for him so he decided to do something about it. Now he fights to save his family and to do whats right and to do what was expected of him, because he can.

Tiwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tiwaz

Alpha's pretty much driven by the desire to make a difference, to try something good, to have it work, and for it to have a positive impact. When he knows something bad it going on and there's something he can do to help it, he'll do what he can to help it. His Catholic Faith, the Boy Scout Oath and Law, and his own moral code are the main force behind this desire, and while he can't solve every problem he does what he can, and when something bad happens that he knows/believes he could have prevented he'll usually come down pretty hard on himself.

Tiwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tiwaz
Tiwaz said:
"Alpha's pretty much driven by the desire to make a difference, to try something good, to have it work, and for it to have a positive impact. When he knows something bad it going on and there's something he can do to help it, he'll do what he can to help it. His Catholic Faith, the Boy Scout Oath and Law, and his own moral code are the main force behind this desire, and while he can't solve every problem he does what he can, and when something bad happens that he knows/believes he could have prevented he'll usually come down pretty hard on himself."
In case you didn't guess it this is Alpha Guard, just didn't switch bios.
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Warsman's driven by the insatiable urge to do what he thinks is right --- that is, killing until he is killed. He thinks humanity as a whole is unworthy of the gift of free will after he went to Hell and saw the wasted potential. However, he masks his own self-loathing (as he is still somewhat human) with the gluttonous pursuit of pain. Deep down, under all his hate and metal, his heart is just a black little walnut that wants to just stop pumping. The deal that Lucford presented him, to kill one-hundred humans, was never confirmed to be over and done with. That's why he's still here, waiting for Lucford to say "stop."

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giuseppe: Survival. Survival is his instincts do to his unqie heritages. He has a closeness with his pack of werewolves who have suffered from Vampire and Humans for centuries. Also his unique closeness with that of Dogs Wolves, etc. Wolves are Ice Age survivors and know how to survive. The instincts are built into his Genetics. He fights to live another day.

Nightwolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nightwolf3

Originally, when i was a vine rookie it was the death of parents, a la bats and nightwing, which i draw obvious inspirations from haha, but being that ive been a villain for a while now, im planning on retconning my bio to some degree, another thing that definately drives him either way is his drive to be the best, he looks up to Gambler as an idol, and he wishes that one day he will have the same respect and power as the man he looks upon so fondly.

Sha #223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sha #223

She cares for one thing, 100% galactic Conquest. Being a Veteran from the war of 2030, she has the battle experience and the Leadership qualities.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By warlock360

Hate,... and compassion but only secondary

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Hunter

Bump

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Lettuce. Definitely lettuce. Though other fruits and vegetables are a close second.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By -Eclipse-

Eclipse was always told he was destined to die saving the world, so he kind of had to adjust to the fact that he would be a great hero. And after the death of his parents, he met Andferne, who taught him what it really was to be a hero. From then on he was homeless, wandering Vine City and surviving on the kindness and charity of its citizens. The kindness he received during that time gave him even more motivation to defend the people of the world. 

Nowadays Jason is pretty much a superhero addict. He has absolutely no social life and never takes off the costume or goes out in his civilian identity. Reason being that he feels that he doesn't have much time until his death, so he has to do as much good as possible. To actually enjoy himself would be selfish.

DaggerKlutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By DaggerKlutz

A lot of people may be shocked about this but the great strategist (you have to admit he is pretty good at planning) has no main goal. He is just being as evil as he can be. Almost every single thing he does helps a future evil plan. I guess the closest thing you can get to a motive is just doing his best.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 614azrael
@DaggerKlutz:
A good way to put it i think is that Dagger desires to commit evil his motivation and drive is to surpass himself in takeing control and being as evil as he can be. This is also why he is a great leader and manages the most elite team of villins around. Even if we are to be defeated Dagger is two plots ahead of you cursed do gooders.