• 53 results
Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Switch

Everyone drops out of RPGs before thier over. So I want to know what people want from them. That way we can come up with an RPG that people want to stay with.

So whats the deal?

Digitizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Digitizor

powers and free-roaming. Like, no specific rules, kind of like a free for all. you do whatever you wnant, whenever you want. but whatever you o has consequences.

ask Gambler. He does great RPG's like that.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Mighty Thor

well i would like an rpg thats has action in it thats like the basic for but when i start to see some people drop out i might go or not

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Forever

Quick Ben says:

"Everyone drops out of RPGs before thier over. So I want to know what people want from them. That way we can come up with an RPG that people want to stay with. So whats the deal?"

Great thought Ben. I wondered about that before when I watched the last two or three die. Why don't you get multiple people to act like a think tank to make up the RPG? Then at least all of them are involved from the jump and they all have a direction to push it, even if one or two of them get disinterested or have to drop offline.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Forever says:

"Quick Ben says:
"Everyone drops out of RPGs before thier over. So I want to know what people want from them. That way we can come up with an RPG that people want to stay with. So whats the deal?"
Great thought Ben. I wondered about that before when I watched the last two or three die. Why don't you get multiple people to act like a think tank to make up the RPG? Then at least all of them are involved from the jump and they all have a direction to push it, even if one or two of them get disinterested or have to drop offline."

isn't that basically what the New Ideas for RPG;s thread is about?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

One of the big problems is everybody's evil. There's no good guys that are active rpgers on the vine, I mean theres one or two but not many.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Switch

Yeah but I cant post on that.

CURSE YOU ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE POSTING :(

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Rated R Superstar says:

"One of the big problems is everybody's evil. There's no good guys that are active rpgers on the vine, I mean theres one or two but not many."

you mean me right?

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

well, when the HFC goes under(if it does im not doubting) im goin god again. I kinda went evil but just for the team =P.

make the RPG a whatever you want thing, if your evil on the vine you can be evil or neutral in he RPG. i always like those RPG.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Forever

Post Deleted.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Switch

GOD DAMM. I THOUGHT ID DOUBLE POSTED THEN WHEN I WENT TO CHECK I ACCIDENTY POSTED ON THERE INSTEAD OF HERE. FOILED BY THE TAB SYSTEM. GRRRRRRRRRRR

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Mighty Thor

i think we should get the staff memebers to talk and try to make the ultimate rpg i mean they started this place i'm sure they can come up with something
Post Edited:2007-07-06 19:25:47

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Forever

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Forever says:
"Quick Ben says:
Great thought Ben. I wondered about that before when I watched the last two or three die. Why don't you get multiple people to act like a think tank to make up the RPG? Then at least all of them are involved from the jump and they all have a direction to push it, even if one or two of them get disinterested or have to drop offline."
isn't that basically what the New Ideas for RPG;s thread is about?"

Yeah my bad Cryo. I was distracted with something else.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

lol, no problem. happens to me all the time.

curse you, chew toys.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cryo-Wolf says:

"well, when the HFC goes under(if it does im not doubting) im goin god again. I kinda went evil but just for the team =P. make the RPG a whatever you want thing, if your evil on the vine you can be evil or neutral in he RPG. i always like those RPG."

Hey Cryo, if you go good so will I.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Switch

Nice. We soon to be evil guys now have some worthy foes. Weve got to have a battle.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

i dont know whether i should, R. I mean, I'll stick with the HFC for a while, see where it goes. but if there's an RPG where there needs to be more good guys n im realy ino it, then i'll do it.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Gottheit

A really good rp should have more to it then battling. I mean, I know if I entered a battle against Mighty Magneto, let's say, I'd get ripped apart in a heartbeat, so there's really no incentive in joining many of the numerous combat RPs in here, especially with my character being so relatively low-powered and plot/character driven. There has to be some sort of ultimate reason for us encountering one another and interacting...I dunno, like, a Batman comic isn't all just about him pummeling the Joker. There's also us discovering why he risks his life fighting crime, there's murder mysteries...there's a variety of things to keep us interested...but, that's just me. I could be dead wrong about what people want from a good RP...

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Switch

My God. Its like hes saying what ive always been thinking.

My first character, Malcolm Rees, had no powers. He was just a guy who brought himself back from the dead and had a chip on his shoulder. But I wanted to play a mutant so I made Ben.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Mighty Thor

so no one is going to answer my comment

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Switch

Id kinda prefer it if we came up with the idea. THat way everyone would get what they want.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Quick Ben says:

"My God. Its like hes saying what ive always been thinking. My first character, Malcolm Rees, had no powers. He was just a guy who brought himself back from the dead and had a chip on his shoulder. But I wanted to play a mutant so I made Ben."

Gambler at the end had no powers, but lets face it, there's characters who can destroy the earth and have all sorts of limitless powers, so you either have to create a character just as powerful or get owned in the rpgs. I choose the ladder.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

People want a rpg with a story that is different and interesting at the same time but also has enough action. There also needs to be ways for people with no powers or little power to be able to compete. I'm willing to work with people to come up with new ideas just say the word.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"People want a rpg with a story that is different and interesting at the same time but also has enough action. There also needs to be ways for people with no powers or little power to be able to compete. I'm willing to work with people to come up with new ideas just say the word."

Word.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Everyone who cares about good rpgs needs to get involved cuz although I've only been here a while I've competed in 2 rpgs that died after a few days.

Nny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nny

I like interaction and something unusual . . . and not just kicking down the door. Role play is better than fighting, because fighting just gets the losing parties mad.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Nny says:

"I like interaction and something unusual . . . and not just kicking down the door. Role play is better than fighting, because fighting just gets the losing parties mad."

true, true
Post Edited:2007-07-08 16:29:03

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Switch

You need interaction in a Role play, but fighting is also important. Just now all the fights go the same way, both characters trade blows and insults until the character with the most abilities wins. In most comics fights dont go like that. There is usually a brief but ferocious had to hand fight with one character making better use of thier powers to win. An example would be the onslaught saga. The characters fought onslaught several times but each time he beat them. They won by combineing powers in a novel way which allowed them to do something new. A good comic battle is one in which a character uses their head as well as thier powers.

A good role play should challenge the way that you think about your character and possibly change them in ways that you didnt intend. To make a good RPG we need to stop careing about who wins and just make a good story.

I know alot of you have been saying this for a long time. I remember Gambler saying it to me when id just joined the vine. But i thought id put it here for all to see. So know the issue is, whats a good story?
Post Edited:2007-07-08 20:11:14

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Darkchild

i could never go good all my evil thoughts of Evilness would go unused never gonna happen but every evil man/women has his honarable times for his leader that look good

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sketchtor

Darkchild says:

"i could never go good all my evil thoughts of Evilness would go unused never gonna happen but every evil man/women has his honarable times for his leader that look good"

Hi and bye man. Awesome quote though. I'll catch u later.

Novaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Novaboy

An RPG should be free roaming...like a limitless feel to it. the should be a site were our ideas are considered for REAL!!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Novaboy says:

"An RPG should be free roaming...like a limitless feel to it. the should be a site were our ideas are considered for REAL!!"

? You do know your free to make your own right?

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Gambler says:

"Novaboy says:
"An RPG should be free roaming...like a limitless feel to it. the should be a site were our ideas are considered for REAL!!"

? You do know your free to make your own right?"

Yeah, the rpg forum is there for a reason. Btw Gambler you should post in your rpg again.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Novaboy says:
? You do know your free to make your own right?"
Yeah, the rpg forum is there for a reason. Btw Gambler you should post in your rpg again."

I'm about to, I'm just trying to figure out what to say.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hawk

Bumping old threads is the cool thing to do. 

I want a RPG were people interact and don't just focus on their own characters. They build a story together to make each other better.

ReEnforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By ReEnforcer
@Hawk:  Last time I interacted with you I was tortured :(
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hawk
@ReEnforcer: That was in another Universe .....it doesn't count.
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By G'bandit

When it comes to noobies they just don't want to lose.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 614azrael
@Hawk:
Thats alot of what i try and aim for. The Swords of Light was made with the goal of my character growing as well as Spectrums story developing. We aim to in an epic battle alow characters to grow and develop. Deaths war is aimed for warsman and Azrael to interact yes its aimed to further are characters but that comes with any rpg. I think the best way to make rpgs beter is by aiming to allow your character to grow and having some form of conversation to hopefully encourage otheres. Also did you have any plans for such an rpg you speek of? Id be happy to get involved.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hawk
@614azrael: I'll be planning an RPG soon that I could use your help on. Don't want it too public until the right amount of tension is built.
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 614azrael
@Hawk:
willing ready and able when the time arises in whatever way works il make sure to keep this event on the down low lol though you might loose out on keeping it secret if your discusing it in a thred XP just saying
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42  Edited By -Eclipse-
@G'bandit: I never give up... Does that mean I'm a noobie? v__v
DaggerKlutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DaggerKlutz
  • Comedy
  • Good plot
  • Plot twist
  • Action
  • Resolution
  • Great interaction
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By geraldthesloth

To be involved, I hate when people make a team rpg just to center it around themselves..holy sh!t that pisses me off.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By _Sojourn_

Character development 

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Precise

Everyone should be able to jump right in the RPG. If you need to think for a hour how your characters fits in while it's an open rpg there's something wrong. Just my opinion which I know a lot will disagree with :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By Mercy_
@geraldthesloth said:
" To be involved, I hate when people make a team rpg just to center it around themselves..holy sh!t that pisses me off. "
QFT.
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" To be involved, I hate when people make a team rpg just to center it around themselves..holy sh!t that pisses me off. "
QFT. "
Agreed.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Grand Master said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
But isn't that the point of a team rpg? To center it around the members of said team. Now if you are referring to Open canon rpgs then I agree whole heartily. "
Even in team RPGS i've read there's always a leader who wants to make it all about them and never give their team mates any of the credit. Sounds unfair to me.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By geraldthesloth

To not be in an RPG where everyone is in love with themselves..not just one person. I mean the whole team. Or the leaders..I've dealt with it before, and I'll refuse to go through it again if it ever happens.