Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The Liafador beauty didn't have time to lull over Mari's betrayal, one of the Mazoi warriors who lived off the island contact her and told her to return home. Formerly, the Mazoi were subjects of the Liafador Family, but after Ada drove the Liafadors out of the West Cape; the group of warriors settled on Gato Island--as an autonomous civilization.

The Prize Fighter herald popped into the Mayor's office via teleportation, and almost immediately she could see something had gone wrong. "What happened?"

She didn't say anything, rather prompted Cat to join her at a window. Through the window, she made out several Mazoi Warriors sprawled out on the floor of a containment chamber. On the far side of the room, she made out The Last Sound bender--Ashley Mooreland. They didn't look well, several of them appeared to lose weight, especially Ashley who was already small, to begin with, but now she appeared to have some sort of eating disorder.

"They don't look well" She didn't purposely state the obvious, rather she applied that they didn't look like they were going to make it.

"They arrived two days ago. The one called Ashley said she was following a bug, you left to hunt down Dhalia."

Cat pressed her hands against the window, Ashley's eyes appeared to glance in her direction; she seemed too exhausted to move her head. Instead, she used gingerly motioned to her head. Cat nodded before taking a seat, channeling her psionic energy she lunged into Ashley's brain for a telepathic conversation.

"What the hell happened?!" Cat's voice causes the surroundings to shake, which shouldn't have happened. Ashley's brain was just barely able to maintain this link.

"...Moldova..." She responded weakly. Moldova? what was she doing there? The last time they spoke the objective was in Bangkok.

"...S.T.R.I.K.E. compromised. Follows Ada." Cat's lashes fluttered at the revelation, if she were in line with STRIKE then it made sense why no one was able to track her down. "What happened in Moldova?"

The...Order...created...a....virus...

The connection between them got foggy, Ashley wasn't going to be able to keep up the link for too long, Cat couldn't physically do anything. 'A virus?' She vaguely remembered hearing something about it on the news. Come to think of it, that was in Moldova too, not a coincidence.

Yolanda Combs... Patient 0... in Moldova...maybe alive. Cat...kill...me

There was guilt that came with Ashley's request. Had she not been busy doing Selebrity Shit, she would've been there too...

Contract... the virus.... too...

Ashley intercepted, having read Cat's thoughts before there link finally broke. Now back inside her own body, Cat rose lethargically before moving back to the window with the Mayor.

No Caption Provided

"We have to kill them," Cat said, realizing she probably should've made it sound a bit more empathetic. "I know it sounds horrible, but if we leave them alive, and that virus gets out they will kill everyone on this island. Children included."

From the window, she could see Ashley's eyes honed in on her. She was the last one, "The Last Sound Bender", The Last Braveheart, The last of her mother's friends. And one of the first people Catalina met as a young child.

"May the Goddess be with you" Cat whispered. From her elevated position, Catalina cupped her hand and began to TK choke the life out of Ashley. The virus proved to be more potent than she thought because Ashley didn't have the strength to react to being choked. "That's not how that warrior was supposed to go out..." More guilt and tear-beads forming in her cinnamon eyes.

"You can leave them alive...and let them suffer before they die. Or I can put them out of their misery right now."

Later

"The reports from Moldova say Flu-like Symptoms, you're going to wanna find some way to detect that" She warned watched as the flames carried the souls of the infected Mazoi to the afterlife. The Mayor nodded in acknowledgment before asking the question that was on both of their minds.

"What now"

"Now, I find Dhalia. I'm going to make her repent for her sins against my family. Then I'm going to collect her forking head.

You sound like your mother

"Good"

As Cat disappeared into the air, the Mazoi Mayor's eyes followed long enough before she sneezed.

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this has really gained traction. Intense read too. Dug the mercy killing scene.

(dont reply with a thank you either. I hate that lol its already implied :P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme_sapien said:

Damn this has really gained traction. Intense read too. Dug the mercy killing scene.

(dont reply with a thank you either. I hate that lol its already implied :P)

Well, so many people typically give me the "Awesome, or nice" replies that I'm just naturally inclined to say thank you lol. Also I added a line.

I was working the Cat/Ash-Ada angle for a while. Sort of a Carmen San-Diego style approach to finding Ada, I knew at some point I wanted to introduce the Virus, but I wanted to wait until you became governor.

TheEngima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, or nice!

On a serious note, this is one of the few posts that make me wish I stuck to mythology or the like instead of space.

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like it. The prospect of a battle with the order.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. The prospect of a battle with the order.

Oh it's coming. The only problem is...

I am the Order LMAO