• 65 results
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#1 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the Warehouse

No Caption Provided

Nestled between a donut shop that closes too early and a furniture store that never seems to get any customers is the cavernous den of the Warehouse-dwellers. Locked in the forever-dark of labyrinthine shelves, it is said that they are no longer mortal - or even human!

All jokes aside, Warehouse 451 is the one-stop destination for all those looking to start a collection of games, comics, manga, graphic novels, Blu-ray releases, clothing and apparel, posters, figures, puzzles, or add to an existing one. Our employees maintain and navigate the shelves with an encyclopedia-like knowledge. Not finding that one vintage comic that would seal your place in nerd Valhalla? Our tables of longboxes are yours to look through at your leisure.

We accommodate gaming events ranging from the classic War Fiend to lesser-known titles such as Legendary and Last One Out.

Ask about what we can add to your pull list! Deliveries are guaranteed on-time and punctual. Ask about how we can make your visit to the Warehouse one of many and save up to 85% on your first purchase.

Owned and operated by Keith Anderson.

Register manned by Ray Swanson.

Places of Interest:

• The Wall of Fame - a collection of photographs and autographs from famous heroes (and villains)
  • Reading Corner - near the almighty coffee and hot chocolate machine, where bean bags and blankets migrate
  • Sort-of-a-Cafeteria (Soac for short) - Keith's idea of drawing in more business and where he makes sandwiches and cookies, open 11-3; don't get grease on the pages
  • The Battlefield - dioramas and wargaming tables galore, very popular on War Fiend Friday and Saturday
  • Dueling Chamber - opposite from the Battlefield, where Legendary is primarily played but more card games are getting extremely popular

OOC:

• No smoking allowed, curls and yellows the pages
  • New releases bi-weekly
  • Come in with your superhero costume on and be added to the Wall of Fame
  • Employment opportunities available

#2 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11003 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE!

#3 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11003 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Thanks! I’ll try to post soon by the way. I’m just juggling a lot of things -_-

#5 Posted by Supermanthor (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting

#6 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

You don't have to worry about the Old Ackerby thing, that could be a story in the comic books written about you if you want.

#7 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11003 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

Cool, then Heathen can be canon on some other account I haven't decided yet

#9 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11003 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#11 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

Walks in incognito. Strolls around for a few minutes Looking for any comics based on himself. Notices they are all reduced to go. Quietly Sighs and leaves

#12 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: "I was looking at Knight fall stuff. You know before they went crazy or vanished etc"

#14 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

"Knightfall? Oh yeah, they're over here on the tables,"

He gestures towards the longboxes, specifically the K's.

"Be sure to check for the 'Rise of' and 'Vengeance' sections too. Those usually go to collectors real fast."

#15 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

The request doesn't come out of the blue for Keith, lots of people like the Knightfall comics. He removes sleeved copies of each Knightfall issue, coming up with about thirty or so archived 'arcs' and dozens more one-shots, collection volumes, holiday-themed specials, and more. The total flashes on the register's display, coming to a number that would make a casual buyer nauseous.

"Bag or longbox?"

#17 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: "I think I will need a longbox." Looking at the bill with a blasé glance before reaching into his wallet. Counting out the hundred dollar bills. Hiding an old Cassius business card in between them. Before adding" pleasure doing business with you"

#18 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

"Hey Ray," Keith spoke into a walkie talkie, no doubt connected somewhere far into the depths of the store.

"Yeah?" came a reply.

"I'm out of boxes up front could you bring me some?"

"Sure thing,"

As payment came he felt something odd about the money and folded it back to reveal a business card. But the name stopped him.

"Ooohh okay, that's cool!" he admitted. "Didn't recognize you without the mask at first. I'd ask you if you wanted a picture but... secret identities and such. Mind if I ask for an autograph before you go?"

#19 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Cassius looked slightly shocked, this was his first autograph request. Nodding to gesture his approval before gesturing towards an old Picture of himself and Qunitus fighting in mexico. Smiling as he thumbed the picture before adding his signature and handing it back. The note saying

"FIGHT THEM ALL, Cassius Knightfall"

#20 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

"Yeah this is definitely getting framed,"

He puts it in a sleeve for now, extending his hand for a shake.

#21 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: "your more than welcome" shaking the owners hand before picking up his longbox and leaving. With a rye smile on his face.

#22 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

(Makes sense to move this here)

Keith flips out his phone and hands it to Ray before settling into a pose next to Superion.

"I think this is the only time I'll ever be taller than you," a sarcastic laugh. "Take a few Ray, we'll see which one goes on the wall,"

After about six or seven attempts, Ray hands the phone back to Keith and give Superion a pen and notepad.

"He's gonna be looking at those for a while," Ray goes over to finish his juice he left on the countertop.

Keith picks out three that he can't choose from and gives Superion his phone to look at.

"Your choice big guy."

#24 Posted by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Superion poses for the photo with a big smile on his face. However many pictures Ray takes, Superion does various different poses with Keith. Then he signs an autograph for both Keith and Ray. Then when he is given the choice to pick which one goes on the wall, Superion points at one in particular. Both are standing casually, almost as if they are friends. "I like this one."

Superion smiles at Keith, "I have a question, if you don't mind?"

#25 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

Keith had an almost natural ability to put people at ease, as if he were just a cosmic force of balancing and harmony. He printed out a copy and walked over to the Wall of Fame to slide it into a vacant frame.

There wasn't any awkward banter or vacant expressions anymore. Keith made it a point to fit Superion into his surroundings like a puzzle piece, as if he knew the Warehouse Crew for years already. That is why when the iconic defender of Metro City and beyond asked, Keith didn't bat an eye.

"Yeah sure, go ahead."

The picture fit snugly on the Wall, front and center. Its coinciding autograph counterpart had to be laminated, but stayed safe enough in the notepad for now.

#26 Posted by ParagonxXx (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: (OOC: Cause I'm too lazy to log in as Superion, I'm posting as my main. :-P).

"You have an incredible gift. Why not use it to fight crime?" Superion asks. It's a simple question, but one he had to answer himself when he was a teenager. He chose to be an actor instead. But then when he lost his wife, everything changed and Superion became one of Metro City's greatest heroes. Does Superion ever miss being an actor? Absolutely. It was a blast playing Superboy on the small screen for four seasons. But given a choice, Superion would not go back to that kind of life. To this day, he is still being offered acting jobs on occasion but he ignores them.

#27 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx:

"Oh believe me I'd jump at the opportunity to," Keith remarked almost instantly.

"It's just... a bit more complicated than 'fighting crime' to me, I guess. Well not on a philosophical level I believe all forms of crime should be punished fairly and quickly. I see all sorts of things on the news that curdle the blood,"

He doesn't exactly want to tell anyone this, but if he could trust anyone it would be Superion.

"Back when I first came here I was tasked with massive genetic alteration of the species here, as well as planetary reshaping and a whole mess of jobs. I'm actually more than 'gifted' I'm uh... a um,"

He pointed at the ceiling, where beyond only stars were.

"Celestial," he coughed uncomfortably. "Name is Anissar the Reinforcer, and I took that name literally when I came here,"

He was abrupt with the description of his early life, as if he were ashamed.

"Of course I didn't do anything! I was more curious about the Earth than eager to change it. That's why I'm addicted to collecting books and all sorts of stuff."

#28 Edited by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

No Caption Provided

Superion raises an eyebrow at the knowledge this man was a Celestial or is one. An enforcer, a man who changes other beings DNA and makes alterations. He wonders if his race is responsible for the mutants, inhumans and para-humans that have been popping up all over the place.

"I know you didn't you do anything, based on my observations you like to keep to yourself and this shop."

And there's nothing wrong with that. Still, it's surprising to learn some of Keith's background. Superion himself is part alien, but he's also part human. That is public knowledge since he gave that information to the media long ago. Most people don't seem to mind, but there are the conspiracy theorists out there who hate it for wacky reasons. Crack pots that Superion doesn't pay any attention to.

"You run a good comic book shop, Keith." He says, noticing some Feral Nova comics on the wall. Plus, Keith also has Superion comics too. Pretty much every major hero has their own comic.

#29 Posted by Strife_7 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

"Holy shot."

A floating island. An actual floating island. In New York of all places. That place was a breeding ground for weird occurrences like that. Stuff the Meta with a Mouth lived for.

"YO! KEITH! Where you at? Have you seen this? We got some Narnia/anime shot going on in New York."

The anti-hero made his way to the register, nearly tripping over a kid or two as he kept his eyes glued to the livestream before slamming into the counter. A quick grunt escaped his lips.

"Look." the Masked Maniac would frantically hand his phone over for Keith to see, almost dropping it in the process. At that exact moment, however, was when the island became invisible from view.

"The hell? It was there, I swear."

Rewinding the footage, Strife would point to the screen when it was previously visible. Then, in a quiet, gravelly whisper, he conspired with his good friend.

"Think we should check it out?"

#30 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

Oh boy, you shouldn't have said that. Should not have said that.

Keith merely nodded at Superion's first statement, keeping his hands perfectly still and motionless. He didn't want to crack any thin ice, even if he was the only one to perceive it that way. Superion was calm and collected, meanwhile Keith thought he did something irredeemably wrong somehow.

"Yes, alphabetized every day and put in numerical order, that's... that's how I keep it," he muttered, looking from end to end along the shelf Superion occupied with his attention.

This was his one chance at a superhero career and he was ruining it by being himself.

"Uh... you want a coffee?"

@strife_7:

Meanwhile, in another continuity entirely...

Keith took a lazy glance out the window, watching as the sun hung in the sky over Metro as it always seemed to do. The air conditioning was on full blast. His skin fell prey to the heat and stuck to his clothes, but it was almost break time. Ray was spending his with his head in the freezer.

He didn't really remember when he said it was okay for the Lucid Loudmouth to take up residence in the comic shop, but honestly Keith didn't mind. It was funny at least.

So, when Strife barreled towards the counter with his phone out - nearly trampling some customers and shoving the rest out of the way - Keith just held his chin in his hand and swirled the tootsie pop around in his mouth.

He listened to the explanation, but looked back up at Strife with a questioning glance.

"That's not the weirdest thing that's floated over New York. Or Boston. Or Gothic City," he moved the sucker around again, but swallowed and took it out.

"Gah! I hate these things, I always cut my tongue," he grumbled, putting it in a cup of water he was using to drink out of.

He had to make sure his 'Amaranth Died So the Future Could Live' shirt didn't get blood on it. Celestial blood?

Kinda tasted weird.

"Anyway, you want to go to New York to see a floating island huh? Who else is there? Champion, a Knightfall maybe? We can go take some pictures if you want."

#31 Edited by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

No Caption Provided

Superion can hear an increase of his heart beat, plus a dozen other things to indicate this man is nervous all of a sudden. But why? The Man of Steel may not know the precise reason but he knows he tends to have this effect on people. Keeping a slight grin, he nods a bit at the offer of a coffee.

"Black please, but with a little cream." He says, knowing full well coffee will have no effect on him. Caffeine may be a stimulant to keep humans awake, but Superion's biology destroys it before it can do him any good.

Then Superion asks Keith an unexpected question, "Would you like to hear a joke?"

Avatar image for killer_instinct
#32 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

Keith goes to focus on the coffee. Making food and drink usually calmed him down and this was no different. He almost lost himself in the slight moment of making something. It may have been hours, but to him it didn't encompass even a picosecond of his life or attention span. And yet he enjoyed every detail in the act, finding small comforts in building things from the ground-up. It was part of his biology, probably. It was only when he set the coffee down next to Superion that those feelings of inadequacy and failure resurfaced.

He would have to go into detail about it later, but he chalked it up to some innate complex he had as a Celestial - that he had failed in his mission and it accomplished itself all on its own. What? No, that's stupid. He argued with himself internally, forcing away his cold and calculating nature as a Celestial underneath the warm and gentle human collective he had nurtured while on Earth. He was human, damn it. As human as human could be.

"Does it have anything to do with bad sequels to bad movies with excessive CGI?" he replied sarcastically and with a smirk, his finger darting to his lip.

Avatar image for killer_instinct
#35 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

To be honest, didn't even see that LOL

Was more poking fun at you for saying what Heathen usually says :)

#36 Edited by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a few weeks since Adora managed to land a 'job' here in the realm of Earth, she was fairly quick at grasping the language and concepts but there were still a few things that still managed to elude her understanding. Nevertheless what a better way to learn about Earth culture then to work in handling the texts produced and sold by them?

Now here she remained gawking at one of the manga's with curiosity, she refused to wear any employee attire to this day and instead donned her Mewnian fatigues which gave her a high class European girl look (Wearing jeans and a turtleneck). "Such strange faces" she commented softly to herself as she touched the novel and brought it closer to her face.

#37 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultra_girl_:

Keith rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, groaning. Something about today was just dragging on and on. Ray called in sick, and Strife was... somewhere. Meanwhile Adora was looking through the manga shelves. She was more in it for the art judging by what she said.

Out of intrigue he walked over to her and plucked the book out of her hands, flipping straight to the 'back', or the complete right side.

"You read these kinds of comics backwards, from right to left. It's a cultural difference."

He wanted her to at least learn something.

#38 Edited by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Adora was about to protest a complaint to Keith but quickly stopped once she realized what he was trying to show her, her eyes widened with astonishment because just then she learned something new thanks to Keith. "Oh that's pretty fascinating, back home we would read our texts always left to right unless it was a scroll...that was always up then down" Adora brought up her hand and cupped her chin before staring at the ceiling of the comic store in what was visibly deep contemplation "buy why are the eyes so large in these images, do people from other nations have massive eyes and tiny noses?"

#39 Posted by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Superion sees he is relaxing a wee little bit, but not much. He's still nervous. But the Man of Tomorrow chuckles a little, "I'm afraid not. "

So, he takes a deep breath and tells the joke, "I was flying over a baseball stadium one day and I heard the tel-tale sign of a bat hitting the ball. So, I looked and I couldn't figure out why the baseball kept getting larger. Then it hit me." He suddenly shifts his head to the side as if hit by an invisible ball. "Never day dream when you fly." He chuckles, hoping Keith laughs at his joke since he's not used to telling them.

#40 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

It was like watching a mannequin on stage.

"To be honest, big S, you have a uh... way with words," he stated very bluntly, chuckling if only for the performance involved rather than the joke itself. He felt a lot better now.

"Thanks, that helped. So to what do I owe this Strange and Unexpected Encouter?"

He nudged at the comic laying near his elbow labeled with the title he lazily worked in as a dumb pun.

@ultra_girl_:

"People everywhere are different," he shrugged. "That art style has just been so ingrained in Japanese manga and anime it's kind of hard to deviate. I think it started with the old giant robot stories, like Gigantor and Giant Robo. Astro Boy did it too. It evolved over time, becoming as much a part of the storytelling as the writing,"

"Besides, eyes are windows into the soul or something,"

He took his glasses off and pulled his eyes open real wide with his fingers. For added measure he crossed them by looking down his nose.

"What do my eyes say about me?" he asked in a goofy voice, turning his eyes up towards his eyebrows and sticking out his lower jaw like a Muppet.

#41 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@thisisgonnahurt: Adora expressed a frown of uncertainty as she stared at her boss in what could be described as not really knowing what to say, she was conflicted to whether they were having a serious conversation right now or a light joking one. It was hard for Adora to understand these social interactions of Earth they were so much more...different than what she was used to nevertheless after a few seconds of staring at him in confusion she replied.

"well I'm-not really sur-e..." she replied cautiously as if she was answering the question to some test "am..am..I supposed to do that too?" she cocked her head to the side "like, is that a friendship ritual?" truth is Adora did fine Keith's actions funny but being from another realm and all made her worried about accidentally offending someone due to have different cultural norms.

#42 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultra_girl_:

"Yeah sure, go wild," he chuckled.

He had to correct himself though.

"At least while you're here, you know? While in public you need to behave yourself."

Keith looked more closely at the manga Adora was reading. Volume 2 of something involving ninjas. He had a vague idea with what it was about, but he never personally engaged himself in it. Rather, he was more interested in what kinds of faces Adora would come up with.

#43 Edited by Strife_7 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

"That's not the weirdest thing that's floated over New York. Or Boston. Or Gothic City."

"Oh, sure! Like a giant orbital satellite that blew Gothic City straight to hell, or a a giant armada of Time Siphons, or one of Contingency's temper tantrums of death, or a -."

His rhetoric was interrupted by a snicker. Keith had just cut himself on a lollipop. Classic.

"Sucks to suck, huh?" Strife jabbed. He couldn't resist being a wise guy. Never could, never will.

"Anyway, you want to go to New York to see a floating island huh? Who else is there? Champion, a Knightfall maybe? We can go take some pictures if you want."

Strife shrugged. He fast-forwarded the footage to the point where a figure surrounded by a green aurora flew towards the structure, pausing for a few moments, before entering and disappearing along with the island.

"Dunno. So far, Green Sentinel. Good as chance as any more capes could be swarming the area. C'mon, I wouldn't be bothering you if it wasn't important or off-the-balls cool, especially during store hours. 'Sides, my teleporter is broken, and, even if it wasn't, the thing's invisible. I wouldn't want to end up in a wall or some shot."

A quick jab of the thumb upwards ensued.

"So beam us up, Scotty."

#44 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@strife_7:

Keith tried to look at his tongue, making sure that the cut was gone. He didn't taste blood anymore so he assumed it was fine again.

"Green Sentinel is cool. Wait which one?" he asked with a sarcastic tinge to his voice. "Ah, they're all suitable for the Wall,"

The intimidating implications of the word weren't at all important, considering the more realistic and harmless actuality. Keith just liked to put emphasis on it for no reason, especially when the person in front of him had no idea what the Wall meant. Strife knew, but it didn't subtract from Keith's own childish entertainment.

"Oh so your teleporter is conveniently broken huh? How weird that it was broken when I ask you to go to the gas station for snacks, or to the store for more of Adora's ice cream, or to the bank to deposit savings,"

He seriously wanted Adora to stop eating so much ice cream. He didn't know much about Mewni biology, but tons of sugar was usually a bad idea. Besides, asking Strife to go to the bank on any given day was a horrible suggestion. Especially with paperwork leading him straight back to the Warehouse. It's not that Keith didn't trust him, it's more that the police would immediately question a guy in red and black spandex who never usually wore underwear in public.

The Celestial still had nightmares sometimes.

He sighed.

"I guess I'm a taxi now?" a joke, but said in such a blunt way that it sounded perfectly like a complaint. "At least you got the reference right. Some people assume Spock did that."

With a gesture, and a particle effect much like classic Star Trek, Keith and Strife phased out of the shop and straight into the heart of New York City - on top of a skyscraper. Keith had a McDonald's cup in his hand. Cola of some kind, and he took a casual - purposefully long - sip, making sure to stop and start again at intervals in order to mess with Strife if he wanted to say anything.

#45 Posted by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

"I just wanted to drop by and thank you for taking care of those guys outside." Superion says casually. This is a man who genuinely cares about others, no matter the race or background. He looks at everyone as a person, not just someone he's come to save. Too often Superion can be viewed as a guardian from on high. But coming down to Earth and mingling among the people like this, swapping light banter with the locale law enforcement officials or even chatting with a comic book shop owner named Keith. They all matter to him, every life.

Besides, it gets lonely in this line of work and it's nice to just sit down and talk to someone. Superion doesn't mention that, though. Perhaps he should. He noticed that his bad joke helped ease the tension and Keith seems more relaxed.

#46 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

"Who, the thugs?" Keith forgot to keep an eye on them, but he hardly needed to. He could telepathically keep tabs on them and the cops that pulled up to pick them up.

"Yeah it's kind of weird they chose to rob a comic book shop. I mean, the bank's right down the street but I guess they didn't want to cause too much of a ruckus. I think that's why people rob gas stations too, along with the isolation factor," he shrugged, lost in thought as he usually was when in his most quiet and comfortable of moods.

He got that way surprisingly quickly around Superion, coincidentally one of his favorite heroes. He originally thought he was going to be looking for things to say instead, or make it unnecessarily awkward. So far it was just chill though. One of his unknown powers of making people feel at home, he guessed. Either that or his emotional spectrum as a Celestial was more complex than he initially realized.

5,000 years of simply observing and learning, never once looking inward to do the same for himself. Celestials were weird like that, always hovering over what they wanted to watch like ants in a mound. He assumed he wasn't the first to feel this way, if he could assume Celestials like him could feel at all. But that was getting too complicated for now.

He telepathically took a bottle of sweet tea out of the vending machine and poured it into his cup of gas station ice.

"You know, I've watched heroes spring up more often recently. It's really kind of inspiring. I think the first ones that were like... deified were Davy Crockett, David Bowie, frontiersmen. Gave rise to the concept of normal people achieving extraordinary things. I wouldn't mind being one of them, you know - sans the whole 'Imma Celestial in disguise' sort of thing."

#47 Posted by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

No Caption Provided

After Keith says it's weird that the thugs were robbing a comic book shop, Superion hears something from across town, "Excuse me." Zooming off in a gust of wind and super-speed, he is gone. Seconds later, he is back and sitting as casually as he was before. Like nothing happened. He looks rather apologetic, "Sorry about that. I had to save a construction worker from falling to his death."

Ever the hero, but also aware of other people's time and Keith's time is important to the Man of Steel. That's why he has come back. He likes talking to Keith. He sips his coffee, "This is good coffee, Keith." JHe smiles, mulling over what the man said about normal people achieving great things.

"That's why I admire firemen so much. They don't have powers, yet they still rush into burning buildings at the risk of their own lives. I miss doing that myself. I didn't always have powers, I began life thinking I was like everyone else."

#48 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

Keith watched as Superion saved the construction worker - not in the conventional sense by any means. He had a way of keeping tabs on certain events as they happened, almost like a private news network he maintained if only to snipe for footage of superheroes in action. It was a brief instance. But it was important for him, more than just a nerd observing things he found interesting. As a Celestial he was bound to one of two cosmic laws: observe or change. For 5,000 years he was alone in his quest to learn, where he should have just been monitoring and augmenting the populace of this world.

He was accustomed to the silence, and the loneliness.

"Thanks, it's just Folger's,"

He didn't notice that he finished his sweet tea already until all he got was a mouthful of ice. Awkward, until he just flash-melted it. Eating and drinking was little more than a hobby to him, he had ways around dumb things like that.

"I've always wanted to just shut off my powers for a couple decades. Just to see what it's like. Maybe I'll age, start a family. I can't see myself being here for very much longer, actually. I either leave and get hungry to come back or I just fade back into the stars while I'm here."

#49 Posted by superion_prime (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Superion tilts his head slightly curious, "I have often thought of starting a family of my own." He thinks of Helena, how they seemed to have made an immediate connection when they first met. Unfortunately, he doesn't see a future between them thanks to his son from the future informing him how badly that will end. So, Superion won't even try to have a relationship with Helena because he doesn't want those bad things to happen between them.

Superion speaks again, this time it's in the form of a question, "Have you met anyone you think you could settle down with?"

#50 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

"Nope," Keith managed bluntly.

"I don't think half-Celestial children running around would be a good idea,"

He chewed through more of his gas station ice. Talking was fun and it took a significant amount of weight out of the otherwise tense situation. As usual the conversation changed and shifted just as much as the air molecules between the two.

"Feral Nova comics are getting way popular all of a sudden. I think they're gonna start working on a movie or something soon," he shrugs.

"Could be interesting."