Wanted: Samuel Washington (Political Bounty)

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hound_of_War

"I will keep this brief because by now you all have heard. Our nation has taken another hit. Had this come from a terrorist then the severity of the wound would not be so deep. Unfortunately, it came from one of our own. Samuel Washington. Once, he stood for this country and was willing to give his body and soul in the name of it. But that was yesterday, today he has turned against us and is now threatening the lives and ideals we value so much."

"I don't know when he changed, I wish I did, maybe he was always this way but just pretended to have a shred of decency in him. He certainly fooled me. Maybe something just snapped. It's not for me to determine human nature. All I know is that he has to be stopped before he destroys everything that we have worked for."

"I'm here today to say that he will be stopped and that the American ideals will not perish. I will do whatever it takes to see our nation prosper and endure. We have difficult times ahead of us. I am confident that we will come out on top if we work together. Which is why I am placing a bounty of ten million dollars to whoever can bring in Samuel Washington to our custody. Dead or Alive. For the charges of treason, terrorism, and other acts against the peace and dignity of the U.S."

No Caption Provided

"Any questions?"

Every single mercenary and assassin has a reason to kill him now and not only would it be completely legal, they will get rewarded for it. For most it won't even be about the money, trust me, I know how they think. I was one of them for a while. For them, it will be about getting bragging rights that they are the one who killed an Ex-Vice President.

I don't really expect any of them to succeed, yet I am open for surprises. Above all else, this sends a message to the people and to him, hence the theatrics behind it all. It shows them that I am doing something about the situation, unlike my adversaries. He's basically going to be the one who gets me into the White House.

Avatar image for isadora_knightfall
Isadora_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me find out you're my grandpa parading around as a presidential candidate

aint enough assassins or mercs in the World gonna save you from me
aint enough assassins or mercs in the World gonna save you from me

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Katraya

@hound_of_war:

I'll bring you his corpse and the ruins of his carriers. (so long as he doesn't pay me more)

Avatar image for isadora_knightfall
Isadora_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
Damien_Bonaparte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tries to resolve an issue so far nonviolent from what I've read (though likely to become such) with force. Wants to resolve it not through the military or America's heroes, but the hired guns

Good read though :)

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... isn't it illegal to use mercenaries against a foreign power? I recall that from somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwhiteblue:

They'd have to recognize your country as a foreign power first.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: I'm headcanoning (if everyone says otherwise I'll retract this) that they have a UN seat already, so...

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulsexodus: They're a country... they have cities and stuff, just on helicarriers.

I'm planing to Empire Claim part of the US for 'actual land,' though.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedWhiteBlue

@soulsexodus: I specified that it's not an empire in the OP. They don't have any land lol

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Maverick_6

Being a foreign power or the head of one doesn't necessarily prevent someone from placing a bounty on you. Saddam Hussein was the president of Iraq, but America still put a bounty on him.

One does not simply do whatever they want simply because they are a nation's leader.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedWhiteBlue

@maverick_6: I'm not trying to avoid this, no need to try to shame me. Just wondering, because I recalled something about mercenaries being illegal. Glad to be corrected.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand. Sam was arrested and he escaped US custody. He's a fugitive as far as American law enforcement is concerned. The UN would not recognize a nation lead by an American fugitive on their life.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: I'm not trying to avoid this, no need to try to shame me. Just wondering, because I recalled something about mercenaries being illegal. Glad to be corrected.

It's not like your the only one who does it/has done it. In fact, you're one of the few people who actually try to be politically touchable/sellable.The latter statement is more to in general because many people won't sell being attacked non-physically.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: Maybe in the real world, but things changed in the nU. You've used this argument before, so you can't refute it here.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hound_of_War

@redwhiteblue:

No. I haven't. It was Lichter who said that.

My statement still stands.

For the mess that the U.S is in the nU, the country is still one of the major super powers on the world.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: So I'll edit out the part where he was in prision from my blog. Simple as that.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: It's a retcon, and not an important one. It didn't even make sense for him to be in prison, I just found the image looking through Norman Osborn pics.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwhiteblue:

Yeah, it's pretty important if it legitimizes the free states as a nation.

We should do a UN hearing anyways. It can't be just like "poof, I'm a legit country now."

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: It is my concept. So, yeah. It can. I won't be participating in said hearing, if you do decide to do it. There isn't even a UN page lol

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say just run with it >.> keep the drama going that's made this arguably the best political campaign of cv instead of leading to potential drama that'd dismantle or hurt said story

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help but feel that if Orph has 2% of the US Population on his carriers (that's more than 6,000,000 people!) this is an empire. That's about twenty times the population of Iceland, which necessiated a claim.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Darkchild

I thought I'd have a problem destroying the weak... You're all doing it for me

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter said:

I can't help but feel that if Orph has 2% of the US Population on his carriers (that's more than 6,000,000 people!) this is an empire. That's about twenty times the population of Iceland, which necessiated a claim.

But what he has is a moving object with people on it

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter:

Almost twice the population of Los Angeles.

It isn't really destruction or taking land but it would have quite a significant impact on the U.S populace.

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he has 6 million people and it was cleared by the COE then it should be sold as a pretty eventful thing.

I'm not gonna recognize it IC as canon though until someone in the COE speaks bout it.

@mercy_@arquitenens@lady_liberty

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: I don't take issue with the carriers (which I actually love), but the idea that he suddenly has control over such a massive number of civilians disturbs me.

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Npc lives do matter and it is a lot. However way I see it, the lives only became important because there at risk. They change up the game in how one might address Sam. So I'm in favor of it here, cause interaction and rp means more to me then politics on this matter.

Activity and narative tension means more to me then npcs <.<

Cognus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sold.
Sold.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_: Were that the case, I could just load everyone in Gothic City onto an airship of my own, reasoning that I provide order, food, and safety. 6,000,000 NPCs is an enormous number, and it would drastically change the IC environment.

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: I can see both sides of the argument believe me. And I imagine most times I'd be against such a amount of npcs being moved about and or controlled. Earlier today even I was hesitant. What I see though here is more fuel to the tension. It's a fd scenario that should rally people both out of character and in. It's gained traction and sparked interest, and that activity means more to me.

If I was Sam I would be careful, use said npcs with caution because this is playing on thin ice. I'd also expect said control not to last. But for the sake of the forum I'm willing to be fine with it

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna save america, you terrorist!

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Admittedly I have one million Hawk Lord npcs but it's extremely temporary and exists specifically to have a big civil war event.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI, I'd be happy to change 2% a bit, it was arbitrary. 3 mil would be fine as well lmao

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lichter

@redwhiteblue: 3 million is still quite a lot, logistically. It'd be better if you could explain how so many got aboard the ships and why they chose to side with Sam at all.

RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: That actually gives me a great story idea, the "why are they with him" bit... means it has to be secret though lol sorry.

As for getting on, he came over on the ships and picked them up state by state. It's not much divided by 50. (Comparatively, a few thousand is still a lot, I know.)

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone want to collect a bounty with one of my alts?

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:

Well Katraya and her gang were going to go after him but that's changed recently.

I do want to use one of my newer characters for something though.

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: admittedly my activity has been kinda shit but yeah I'm down

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers