deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Picture by Jesse Delores
Picture by Jesse Delores

"There's something about Catalina that stands out from interviews we've done with her relatives in the past. She's the face of nonchalance, so unbothered her traits can be borderline contagious; anxieties dissipate, defenses drop, tensions drain.

Even as she goes about the business of a hectic teenaged daughter, big-career life—maneuvering her lithe body through the precincts of show business and back to Daytonville —she manages to make it seem like she’s just meandering on a regular day.

When you sit down at talk with her, you're immediately captivated by her looks, but the moment she opens her mouth, you get a sense that you're not dealing with a snobby or high maintenance woman; you're dealing with someone that's been through so much, she can't afford to beat around the bush. I have to admit that when I accidentally call her Ziccarra, her eyebrow flares up like if you mess up again, she will punch you in the face. But it's an easy mix-up. The only real saving grace is that Ziccarra spoke with an accent and had a hard time catching on to phrases and idioms. Catalina's accent emerges only when she's angry, I don't want to find that out again.

We catch Cat in the morning; due to an early morning start, she was forced to book a hotel in LA for an early morning script read. After a script read and workout, we linked up with her still in Capri tights and a loose tank; she’s driving from her gym to a photoshoot at the Montage Beverly Hills.

Jay: Walk me through your mindset when you signed with Selebrity.

Well, I'm a clone so I've been struggling with identity issues for the longest time. I wanted to create a brand for myself that would set me apart from my family, from my past. I didn't even know about Selebrity, my daughter Mari follows them on Instagram and Twitter. She showed me the link, and then the idea just clicked. This is how I become Catalina.

Jay: What did you think of Samson Starr

Initially I thought I was going to get arrested for sexual harrassment (laughs), but he was professional really down to Earth guy. As a matter of fact, I got this movie role from the first day I met Samson. I got hired and then boom, I was in a meeting with Christopher Nolan. My car was actually gifted to me by Selebrity, they say I can't just teleport everywhere that I need to let my fans see me. Downside to that is I don't really know how to drive (laughs)

Suddenly, an otherworldly sound—boop...boop...boop. She looks at the screen. Presses a button, and her daughter Maricela appears on the screen, fixing her hair. The two converse in Spanish, I'm not proficient in the language, but I can tell from the heated exchange that the teen did or said something to strike a nerve with the Selebrity star, even still after the call ends, it's like it never happened.

Jay: Everything alright?

Yeah. Being in the states puts a strain on how often I get to talk to her. It's morning time here, but well into the night over there. Mari's a teenager who likes to do teenager things.

Jay: Care to elaborate?

She likes to say things that she knows will piss me off. She just told me she was expecting one of her friends from school. Some boy, but I know damn well there better not be a boy in my house or I swear to the goddess I'll ship her ass to Augusta Space Station.

Jay: Did you want more kids?

Absolutly forking not. After dealing with that little shit, I'm fine. I have half a mind to stuff her back up my...nevermind. (Laughs) Anyways, I can't have children even if I wanted them. Thanks to the man who got me pregnant with Mari.

Photo by Kathy Billups
Photo by Kathy Billups

For a moment, we sit in silence; I can hear Cat curse under her breath as we pull up in Beverly Hills to the site of Catalina's Glamour photoshoot. Almost instantly, she's hounded by various news outlets trying to get a quote to tarnish her image, but she doesn't bite. She uses some invisible force field to plow right through them. They get upset, but they know to get out of the way for next time.

Jay: How often do you get hounded by the media on shoots like this?

Oh all the time. Most of them believe in their hearts that I'm Ziccarra Liafador. They ask me questions about Spain, my dad and a whole host of other things. That's really only in the states though, I don't really encounter that problem in Daytonville. It's one of the reasons I like that place, when I want to disappear I can. When I want to be seen I can, but not to this degree.

Jay: Do you like doing the photoshoots?

Eh. Not to take anything away from the photographers, but I can do the same shit with my iphone. The plus is that I get a bunch of free clothes, I typically take them and give them to shelters in Daytonville. Saves me the trouble of having to buy them myself. I think I prefer photoshoots to other media outlets like television shows. Though I am dying to get on SNL.

Jay: Why SNL?

It's the only show that I still watch faithfully, I love it. Even back when I was doing the drug lord thing I'd execute people watching SNL. Don't put that in there

Jay: How has been with Selebrity aided you in your mission to end Human Trafficking.

Like I said in the last issue, it's become a hot-button topic for me. Selebrity gave me a platform to stand on. Before I used to just plow into buildings slit a couple of throats and free people, but now I have a team so I don't necessarily have to do that...atleast with the small time traffickers. Though I sometimes miss kicking people off roofs.

Catalina disappears for a couple of hours; I sit by quietly, admiring her body of work. It then hits me how daunting some of this could be for a woman who's used to living in isolation. You live at the top of one of those famous hills with a view of the world, a dream come true, but driving down and back up for a carton of milk can take an hour. Everything must be planned, strategized, and for a spontaneous creature like Cat, it can be constraining. As Cat and I prepare to exit, she stops for a second and talks to a woman preparing her catalog for her photoshoot the Platinum Hair forces me to double-take, but then I realize this woman is Lady Gaga.

Jay: Do you personally know Lady Gaga?

I've met her once, that particular time I was with Maya; and we were introduced there. We were just catching up, she asked me if I was staying here in LA. I don't know if you saw the 'hell no' on my face.

Jay: What's next on your schedule?"

I have to go to a costume fitting for the movie. Shouldn't take too long because It's almost lunch time.

Jay: So tell me about this movie. I know you said you got it the first day, but what was that feeling like?

At first I thought Samson was forking with me, but once Chris (Nolan) confirmed I was dumbfounded. I hear all these stories about actresses auditioning for parts, getting multiple calls backs with no confirmation, and I thought that would be me. But it was quite the opposite I legit just showed up and got the part. I called my daughter to let her know, and she was just as skeptical as I was. As far as the movie, I play a Famous pianist during WWII who uses her ability to thwart Nazi's. That's all I can say.

Jay: How long did it take you to learn how to play the piano?

I already knew how. It was one of those things I guess that was implanted in me at the time of creation. I just need to hear music to play it perfectly. I enjoy the classics, which is why I think I'm so out of touch with today's music. I legit don't listen to any of it. I can also paint! but it works the opposite way. I can only paint what I feel, but I can't paint based on outside inspiration. I can also sculpt too.

Jay: Wow, that's amazing

I know right? I'm like Da Brat meets Frida Khalo.

Photo by Jesse Delores
Photo by Jesse Delores

Jay: Any budding romances onset between you and Co-star Joseph Levitt?

Nah. He's a great guy and everything. But romance isn't really my thing. I've tried it twice and neither of them worked out. A guy I was dating a while ago was killed because of me, and then just recently ended a relationship with another hero. We broke up because the drama that was going on in my family was too much for her. Which is understandable. I don't think another serious relationship is in the cards for me, so if you see any tabloids that say I have a new boo, just know it's probably for that night.

Jay: She?

Oh yeah, you didn't know. I don't have a sexual preference. Hell, I tried to seduce an alien woman that attacked me in Daytonville a few years back. But she tried to poke me in the non-sexual ways. (Laughs).

Jay: You aren't worried about the perceptions that come with casual flings?

Not in the least. Who's going to stop me? People can build their perceptions all they want, but the simplest fix is to mind your forking business.

Jay: So you support the LBGTQ+ community?

Sure? Maybe. I support all there efforts and sacrifices made to get where they are today, but they still have far to go. The reason I'm saying "They" is because I don't necessarily consider myself apart of the community. I'm a demi-goddess no one is going to opress me when I can mind wipe and entire city block. It sucks to say but that division is a human problem, If everyone just minded their own forking business than we'd be ok.

Jay: We're almost out of time, so I'll end with this. What's your impression of your teammates in Selebrity?

That was not a good transition Jay, did you learn that in Journalism school? (Laughs). Well they stopped an alien invasion so my impression of them as a unit is strong. I don't know any of them other than Samson, I briefly chatted with Caitlyn Riker she seems alright, but I don't have an impression of them individually. I guess it's because we all have our own busy schedules. I'm sure something will bring us together soon, hopefully not another invasion.

By Jay Cullen is an award-winning Journalist at the Grapevine Magazine for over 17 years and counting!

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks astounishing, def I will check it out later.

Ironborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ironborn

I like the fact that you decided to graft several real-world elements and figureheads of the entertainment department into both Cullen blogs. Chris Nolan. Levitt etc.

Nicely done.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@ironborn: Thanks. I didn't really want to focus on more of her backstory so i tried to keep this one in the now.

@cybernetics:

😁😁

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear you're more active in "retirement" than I've ever been. I honestly don't know where you get the energy

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear you're more active in "retirement" than I've ever been. I honestly don't know where you get the energy

Exactly what I keep saying!

I'm getting back in line ASAP.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shanana

@trinity-blue: 🤨 Why you in line in the first place? You have a season pass lmao

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers