Vine Prime: History & Mythology

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

If your character is connected to historical or mythological figures, or possess historical/mythological artifacts, mention it here. This is like The Vine Universe, only focusing more on history & legend.

For history of civilizations and whatnot that have been completely made up (or is sufficiently different from whatever it's based on), see Alien Worlds & Concepts.

If you post here, try to at least have have referenced the character's connection (or whatever) in a canon RPG.

England

Eclipse and Sovereign Son (Final Arrow) both own Excalibur, but at different points in the sword's timeline.

Edward Windsor is in possesion of artifacts from Avalon from this peroid the items are gifted to Arthur and friends from the avalions in this time, his ring and sword come from this time peroid. The items have passed on through members such as Richard the Lionheart, Robin Hood, King Arthur and Lancelot (etc) to the modern day royals.

Final Arrow is the father of Merlin and Morgana. Lead a small army, during the Crusades, called The Witchbreed for Richard the Lionheart.

Precise absorbed Merlin's powers and memories.

Starkin (Acer) is the son of Merlin.

Talon's sword Gemini, Caledfwlch (welsh name) is the sword Excalibur from reality 529 merged with that of a star.

Greece

Eris was actually Andromeda.

Angeni is the daughter of Athena and Hephaestus.

Cassie Strong is the daughter of Ares.

Circe inherits the spirit of the goddess of the same name (daughter of Hecate).

Clara Mass is the daughter of Cinna of Athens, who in turn was the demigod son of Hera.

Cryo-Wolf and Percy Jackson are sons of Poseidon.

Desiderina Redhead was raised by Ares.

Final Arrow killed Kronos and Nyx, and temporarily turned Hades insane. Also teamed up with Lucifer to take over the Underworld from Hades. Joined Alexander the Great as his witch during his conquest.

Olympian Champion is a son of Zeus.

Kuchiku is the daughter of Ares.

Kurrent's powers were restored by Zeus.

Victor Grey is a son of Zeus and Hera.

The Nine Worlds

Donara is a daughter of LstPaladin, but has been exiled from Asgard, and her hammer taken from her.

Final Arrow helped Odin to retreat in the war against God and Her angels.

LstPaladin is the ruler of Asgard. (unsure about this, correct if wrong.)

Egypt

Xantroans of Heliopolis (alien conquerors) have inspired many elements and figures of Egyptian mythology. (See more here; referenced in Rise of the Desert King).

Lord Ahramoz (Amun Ra) and Lady Itharis (Mut/Hathor) are the current Emperor and Empress of Xantro; Osiris and Isis rule over Heliopolis, the Xantroan colony on Earth.

Serqet (Xantroan, 'goddess' of scorpions and healing) died in ancient times when purging the world from a plague, but has since reincarnated, and has displayed an interest in human affairs.

Setekh (Xantroan, 'god' of chaos) once conquered Heliopolis and Egypt, but was been imprisoned in Duat (a Phantom Zone-like plane of existence) for a couple of thousands of years. He was recently freed.

Cellphone Girl is the reincarnation of Cleopatra VII, the last Pharaoh.

Izaiah is the modern reincarnation of Khonshu (Xantroan, 'god' of the moon) and Pharaoh Ramesses II. In his present incarnation (though through time travel), he killed Pharaoh Ikhnaton (who was possessed by Aton at the time; referenced in Fearful Symmetry).

Judeo-Christian Lore

God and Her Angels went to war against other pantheons in the past to secure their rule over Earth.

Final Arrow is the ruler of Hell, although the realm is split into different regions. He once served as the Angel of Death for a short time.

Kiara Sullivan is the daughter of an Angel and Demon, and took the name Lilith when returning to the Underworld after Adam and Eve died (the latter having been killed by Arrow).

The Virgin Mary was in an assassin society (premise of OSC).

Sideslash is a human/Angel hybrid.

The Holy Grail, the Staff of Moses and the Spear of Destiny were, after being being used by Gearo to free Sideslash from mental control of other Angels, sent to random places on Earth by God.

The Executioner (FALLENprophet): Having sided with Lucifer in his rebellion against God, the Angel Noah was punished by being forced to act as God's wrath.

Japanese Mythology

Gloom received her powers from Tsukuyomi.

Rumble Man will eventually become a tsukumogami after its first century.

Uchiha NeVann is the current avatar of Amatsu-Mikaboshi.

Mesoamerican Mythology

Czin and his three compatriots; Xil, Shok, and Ix were some of the Death, Sun, Storm, and Moons gods of the Mesoamericans respectively, for example; in Lancadon (a subsect of the Mayans) myth Czin was known as Cizin or Kisin the god of death and pestillence, though they weren't truly divine. Other Mesoamerican legends have also been influenced by the likes of Czin, by various genetic experiments they performed on volunteers.

Starheart (Icarusflies) is considered a modern Aztec god, come back to bring Mexico to a new glorious age.

Roman Empire

The Circle of Eclipse (Talon's ancestors) is responsible for the Reform made by Augustus to establish more than the Roman Empire. For when Augustus attempted to conquer Britain under Emperor Claudius there was actually another higher power in the shadows.

Renaissance Era

Lady Redhead was persecuted and tortured for alleged witchcraft.

Fractal's (Icarusflies) wife was killed in the Kingsport witch trials.

Cthulhu Mythos

Herbert West (Icarusflies) is Herbert West.

Modern History

Ball and Chain's host during World War I (in 1918) fought the Red Baron, and was irrepairably damaged in action.

Due to time travel, the Vine Titans were in various places during the World War II (Cellphone Girl, Solor ((Constantine)), Raver ((Ferro Vida)), Shift, Backfire, Uchiha Hotaru ((Feral Nova)), Eclipse, War Killer, Moonglow ((Charmix))).

Final Arrow returned to Earth and gave his blood to The Baron during the World War II. Fought alongside Germany until they began to lose and swapped sides.

The Hunter fought in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.

Adam Mercer fought in World War II. Additionally, he owns the gun Hitler committed suicide with, and three of his teeth.

The Rumor: There are legends from the savage lands (A remote island in the Atlantic) of the Champion on the island, Hate Monger the green savage, some of the legends and myths are spoken of in most coastal cities across the world.

The Lone Wanderer: The Roswell incident was caused by a Protectorate Locust gunship falling out of the sky after being clipped with a redeye SAM.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By -Eclipse-

Good idea, Wando! 

Didn't know CPG was a reincarnation of Cleopatra... O.O

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

Good Job XD

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Thanks xD

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Sojourn_
@~The Wanderer~: Is this just for traditional Poly/Monotheism, or does made up legacies and such count? 
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@~The Wanderer~: Looking good ;)
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Slight: Mostly just things that have ties to real world history/legend. 
@.Mistress Redhead.:
 Thanks x) 
Oh and, mods may add new entries to the OP.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Sojourn_
@~The Wanderer~: Okay then...What about the Oracle Force...? I mean, it is relative (brother entity) to the Phoenix Force...Which shows up in Egyptian mythology and other religions... 
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @Slight: Mostly just things that have ties to real world history/legend. 
@.Mistress Redhead.:
 Thanks x) Oh and, mods may add new entries to the OP. "
^_^ will only do it if you need help
Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sideslash

Yay for Sideslash reference!

Starkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Starkin

Awesome

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Slight: Not sure. Is the Oracle force directly responsible for a historical/mythological event (such as, say, empowering the Oracle of Delphi)? Then it could go on the OP. Otherwise, beats me.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Sideslash: Let me know what happens to the Spear of Destiny later :p
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Sojourn_
@~The Wanderer~: Damn...Until Water Wars...that can't be revealed...Grrrr
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Slight: LOL it'll have to wait a little then :p 
Wando is also the reincarnated Ramesses II but since I have yet to reference that in an RPG, it won't go in the OP yet.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Sojourn_

Shakes head XD

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Eclipse-

Hades is NOT a total d-bag, I feel that needs mentioning... xD 

Don't know whether it should be referenced here or what, but I think that, to account for all the underworlds and afterlives in all the different religions, it should be a rule that a person goes to the afterlife that they truly believe in (which is why most people end up in Hell nowadays, rather than Hades, etc.)

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@-Eclipse-: LOL. 
I'm not sure if that system, if done strictly, would work very well. (Where would atheists or agnostics go for instance?)  
Instead, how about...afterlife rules or deities can claim people (hence, if Hades claims a person, then that person will go to the Greek Underworld at death), but they tend to prefer only to claim those who worship or believe in them to some degree (less inter-pantheon rivalries/conflicts that way). This system would allow more malleability, I think.
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By -Eclipse-
@~The Wanderer~: The non-believers go nowhere, they just rot. Sucks to be them. xP 

Your idea works better, let's go with that ^_^
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CellphoneGirl
@-Eclipse-: That shows you need to read my current rpg with Charmy, and Wando :P
Czin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Czin
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" If your character is connected to historical or mythological figures, or possess historical/mythological artifacts, mention it here. This is like Official RPG Canon, only focusing more on history & legend.  
If you post here, try to at least have have referenced the character's connection (or whatever) in a canon RPG. 

Arthurian England

Final Arrow is the father of Merlin. 
Precise absorbed Merlin's powers and memories. 
Starkin (one variant of him, anyway) is the son of Merlin (possibly alternate universe?).  
Excalibur is owned by Eclipse and Soverign Son on different time lines in the swords life.      

Olympus

Angeni is the daughter of Athena and Hephaestus. 
Alceus Sol is a son of Zeus. 
Final Arrow killed Kronos and Nyx.  
Desiderina Redhead was raised by Ares.  
Percy Jackson and Cryo-Wolf are sons of Poseidon.

The Nine Worlds

LstPaladin is the ruler of Asgard. (unsure about this, correct if wrong.) 

Egypt

Xantroans of Heliopolis (alien conquerors) have inspired many elements and figures of Egyptian mythology. (See more here; referenced in Rise of the Desert King,) 
Setekh (inspiring the legends of Set, the Egyptian chaos deity) once conquered Heliopolis and Egypt, but has been imprisoned in Duat (a Phantom Zone-like plane of existence) for a few thousands of years. 
CellphoneGirl is the reincarnation of Cleopatra VII, the last Pharaoh.  
Pharaoh Ichnaton/Akhenaten (possessed by Aton at the time) was killed by The Wanderer (referenced in Fearful Symmetry).

Judeo-Christian Lore 

The Virgin Mary was in an assassin society (premise of OSC). 
Hell is ruled by Final Arrow but is split into different regions.  
Kiara Sullivan is the daughter of an angel and demon. 
Sideslash is a human/angel hybrid.

Japanese Mythology

Gloom received her powers from Tsukuyomi. Uchiha NeVann is the current avatar of Amatsu-Mikaboshi.  "

Mesoamerican and Incan Mythology

Czin and his three compatriots; Xil, Shok, and Ix were some of the Death, Sun, Storm, and Moons gods of the Mesoamericans respectively, for example; in Lancadon (a subsect of the Mayans) myth Czin was known as Cizin or Kisin the god of death and pestillence, though they weren't truly divine.  The rest of the Mesoamerican and Incan pantheons were the results of genetic experiments by Czin that the potent genetic code of Northern Native American gods  with Mesoamerican and Incan volunteers. 
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

WWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!!?? 

You know how long it will take me mention all the historical junk related to my characters. 

>sobs< 

First off, I think we need a section for Lovecraftian Mythology. It is called the Cthulhu Mythos, and is recognized among all Lovecraft fans.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Czin: Has any of that been referenced in any canon RPGs? 
@Icarusflies: Alright, I'll make a section of that soon xD
Starkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Starkin

It would be best to talk with Arrow over the whole afterlife thing, I know alot of Gods of the afterlife gave Arrow some of their power so im not sure how it affects things, but I do agree people should go to which afterlife best relates to their character.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@~The Wanderer~: Thanks.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Funny you forgot to mention me as the god of death................ MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@reaper2923: There are like 15 different death gods (or alike) on CV, so get in line :p 
@ Starkin: Well, I'd like for him to show up and explain some more about that >_>
Czin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Czin
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @Czin: Has any of that been referenced in any canon RPGs? 
@Icarusflies: Alright, I'll make a section of that soon xD "
I think I mention it in the light wars. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

@~The Wanderer~: Kidding his powers are not mystical at all well maybe in some sense but not like magic.
Starkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Starkin
@~The Wanderer~:  Yeah, the whole afterlife thing can get confusing, but it's not like our characters stay their for very long :p
cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By cly
@~The Wanderer~: Would having a connection to the Dream World make the list? :P
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@cly: @~The Wanderer~:  

Ooh, yeah, Dream World is a good idea.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@cly: @Icarusflies: Not sure about that..is it connected to history/legend somehow (such as, say, Morpheus from Greek mythology)? If not, it's a borderline case. 
@reaper2923: @ Starkin: LOL. 
Czin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Czin
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @reaper2923: There are like 15 different death gods (or alike) on CV, so get in line :p 
@ Starkin: Well, I'd like for him to show up and explain some more about that >_> "
Well, I'm an sufficiently advanced starfish alien who is worshipped as a death god so do I get a spot in the line?  :P
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By Final Arrow
@~The Wanderer~:
Great Idea Wando. Can I add that Arrow turned Hades insane for a small period of time... I have a whole load of things to do with Christian lore, but never sure how people would react to my ideas and don't really think that they are Vine wide... I did have it that Christianity (God and Angels) went to war with the other gods to secure their rule over earth... allowing the older religions to stay. In my Bio I also stated that Arrow gave God the idea for an army of angels...But thats nothing big.  

What else is there to add There is no cake.
cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cly
@~The Wanderer~: I don't know, it's dreams lol.
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Starheart is considered a modern Aztec god, come back to bring South America to a new glorious age.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Final Arrow: I think it might be a good idea to keep things ambiguous when it comes the Judeo-Christian God, yeah. But either way, updated. 
@cly: Close enough xD
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@~The Wanderer~: what have you started XD
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By Final Arrow
@~The Wanderer~: Yeah I agree, too many people have changed things that may overly effect others. Simple things here and there work. But honestly great idea with this thread.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@.Mistress Redhead.: >.> Beats me... 

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING HISTORICAL (NOT JUST MYTHOLOGICAL) TO ADD YET?!

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: >.> Beats me... 

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING HISTORICAL (NOT JUST MYTHOLOGICAL) TO ADD YET?!

"
erm, what about Lady Redhead being tortured by the Witches Hammer? that help? lol 
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@~The Wanderer~: Sebastian Calamity (Fractal's) wife was killed during the Kingsport witch trials. 

That's kinda historical...
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@.Mistress Redhead.: @Icarusflies: 'Kay, added a section on the Renaissance.
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@~The Wanderer~: Why did you list my Portrait/Icarusflies stuff with that? 
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Icarusflies: Not everyone might know that Fractal is your character..or do they? O_o
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
@~The Wanderer~: I'm not completely sure. : / 
I think most people do though, I've been having him cameo in stuff.
Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Angeni

Awesome!!! :D

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iLLituracy

I'll probably have some historical stuff to add...maybe.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CellphoneGirl
@~The Wanderer~: CPG was in the Holocaust :]