The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Spartan

Somewhere in Iraq (1990)

A Black Hawk helicopter could be heard loud and clear over the desert sand.  Up ahead, a combination of United States and British troops had engaged a regiment of Iraqi troops.  In the chopper were six individuals.  Two of them were US Army co-pilots.  A pilot coughed as cigar smoke was drifting into the Black Hawk's cockpit.  Turning around, he looked at the large man with the cigar and said, "Sir, would you mind putting that thing out?"

Shaking his head, the big man mumbled a few inaudible words under his breath while putting the cigar out in the palm of his hand.  The four individuals in the back of the military helicopter were a specialized group appointed by the United Nations.  In times of need, this group would be transported in to "clean up" as needed.  The special ops group was given the name "Peacemakers."  Like in the days of the Old West, this group had the sole purpose of identifying any threats, eliminating them, and therefore "keeping the peace."

One of the members was Demetrius Arkelis, aka the Spartan.  He stood at seven feet tall and weighed over 400 pounds of sheer muscle.  His job as part of the task force was to not only provide his strategic input, but to serve as the primary muscle of the operation.  Easily able to lift over eighty tons, endowed with a remarkable healing factor, and having his skeleton covered in adamantium made the fierce Greek the ultimate killing machine.  Although no one know exactly how old he really was, the Spartan was rumored to be over two thousand years old.  Yet, he maintained the look of a man in his prime.

The three other members of the task force included Mike Lockhart (aka Sovereign Son / Last Arrow), an elite operative from the United Kingdom; Jason Hamilton, a deadly fighter and vigilante who had seen his fair share of combat through the years; and a goddess by the name of Kiara Sullivan.  Demetrius rarely trusted anyone other than himself.  However, this group had gained some of his trust; but not all of it just yet.  He could still remember when he had first met Kiara.  His cocky attitude and rude behavior earned him a slap that sent him crashing through walls.  But still, Demetrius got some enjoyment out of occasionally irritating Kiara so.  Sometimes, he felt as if it was a game.

"My grandmother could go faster than this piece of $hit." he said, looking over at Mike.  Demetrius had just finished putting his cigar out in the palm of his hand.  It did not even burn him at all.  As he finished, he looked up at his team mates and shrugged it off.  Truth be told, the Spartan wanted to just jump out of the chopper and get into the fight as soon as possible.

"We're just about there." one of the co-pilots said from the front.

With a somewhat disgusted look on his face, the Spartan shook his head and said, "I'm glad the UN sent us into this Hell-hole.  Saddam... that genocidal b@st@rd... he needs to pay."  Reaching over, he gathered up his oversized shotgun and his makhaira (a small Greek sword that he wore on the side of his boot).

Already, gunfire could be heard down below.  "Alright," a co-pilot said.  "Let us descend to a lower altitude so you can safely be depl-..."  He was cut off as Demetrius impatiently kicked open the door of the chopper.  Without a moment's hesitation, the Spartan leaped out of the Black Hawk and into the fray below.

As he landed from over 500 feet in the air, the mighty Greek's body made a slight crater as his feet hit the ground.  "Alright you little $hit bricks... COME ON!  Show me what you've got, maggots!" he roared at the top of his voice.  An Iraqi troop ran up to him, yelling in Arabic as he fired his machine gun.  The bullet struck Demetrius directly in the forehead, but to no avail.  Due to the adamantium, it had no effect upon the Greek.

Turning with a smile, the Spartan blasted his shotgun and blew the Iraqi away.  Letting out a laugh as he did so, he then began to walk directly toward the enemy line.  "Take that, $hit bricks!" he yelled with a laugh, continuing to blast his shot gun away at the elite Iraqi Guard.  When the weapon had run out of ammunition, Demetrius hung it on his back, then took out his makhaira.  Then, like a true Spartan warrior, he began to move quickly among his enemies.

Ducking low, the Spartan slashed his blade through an opponent's midsection, staining the sand with Iraqi blood.  Leaping forward, he then brought the blade down and cleaved through another soldier's gun.  Before the man could even react, Demetrius spun around to his right and simply decapitated the man.  Some of the soldiers from the US and the UK could not believe their eyes.  The Spartan was taking no prisoners -  showing no mercy or compassion whatsoever.  Perhaps the many years of war had dulled his value of human life.  Nonetheless, the Spartan was in his element.

However, the battle was far from over.  The location which was being bombarded supported a powerful garrison.  The Iraqi forces had ten machine gun turrets, some heavy artillery, and enough troops to back them up.  However, an air strike was out of the question because the settlement was also the location of a large prison.  Sure enough, those "innocent" captives could be rescued; but that was not why the Spartan was there.  He was there to do what he did best.... he was there to kill.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Vincent hated being shot at...especially when he hadn't done anything to the malnourished Iraqi Soldiers who were shooting at him. Vincent grabbed a nearby tank and tossed it at a large garrison of Iraqi soldiers, setting the war machine ablaze with his eye-beams as it came crashing down upon the helpless insects. The explosion, which was larger than Vincent had expected, reduced all of the Soldiers to ash. Upon witnessing but a tiny fraction of the power Vincent commanded firsthand, the Soldiers from other remaining Garrisons fled for their lives. Some of the higher-ranking officers refused to leave however and continued to attack Vincent, only to be wiped out by a single kinetic energy bolt. Once everything had settled down Vincent began examining the area all around him and as he did it became all too obvious that these Soldiers had not been waiting for Vincent at all, they had been waiting for someone else.

Vincent then lifted his head into the air as the sounds of a huge fight breaking out no more than 150 miles from his present location. By listening closely Vincent could make out everything that one of the louder and more savage combatants was saying. "Alright you little $hit bricks...COME ON! Show me what you've got, Maggots!" The sounds of a shot gun blowing a screaming Iraqi Soldier to pieces then took the place of the voice, then a laugh and then..."Take that, $hit bricks!"

As Vincent listened to the explosions, the boasting, the yelling, the screaming and everything in-between he tried thinking about where he had heard the term "$hit bricks" before. But before Vincent could come up with any answers the feeling of the desert sands shifting beneath his feet broke his train of thought. Then without any warning Vincent found himself being flung several feet into the air as something...HUGE...ripped the desert open and made its way to the surface. After a couple of seconds Vincent was finally able to bring himself to a stop in mid-air, flip his body upright and get a good look at what exactly had tossed him into the air.

Vincent's eyes went wide with fear as the ten-mile wide frame of a Persian City-Eater inhaled what Vincent assumed was its first breath of fresh air in Centuries. The City-Eaters, a race of gigantic tube-shaped worms that came into being during the "Cambrian Explosion," were supposed to be extinct. Vincent was there the day that the last remnants of their kind were wiped out by a mysterious plague that has yet to resurface anywhere on Earth in this day and age. Vincent had personally scoured the Earth a thousand times over that day and had confirmed that their entire race was dying out.

But the sudden appearance of this one, who more than likely had been woken up from a centuries-long slumber by Vincent's little skirmish with the Iraqi Soldiers, had changed everything he thought he knew. Even if their entire species wasn't back in action, there was still one City-Eater on the loose and considering how unnaturally large this particular Bull Alpha Male was...Vincent immediately assumed that only by consuming every single lifeform on this planet would the City-Eater be able to sate it's voracious appetite. While Vincent was not a superhero by any stretch of the imagination, he could not idly stand by and watch as a City-Eater of all things consumed all of his potential clients and assasination targets.

Vincent was going to have to get down and dirty with the City-Eater. A task so daunting that Vincent silently questioned whether or not he would be able to do it alone especially considering that he was petrified with fear. A shiver ran up Vincent's spine and a single tear ran down his left cheek as the City-Eater howled. Vincent questioned himself no longer, the answer was clear: he would be needing help if he was going to stop The City-Eater. He was too afraid to do it alone but he could not just fly out of here without attracting the City-Eater's attention. No...he would have to send out a telepathic S.O.S. and pray to God that the Meta-Humans who came to his aid would be powerful enough to survive the experience.

"H-Help me..."

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By talon_x23

“So you know the plan then” “I made it up: kill every one destroy the evidence and don’t die.” “Oh yah got it” “Now lets get this over with”.

Time: 1:24:57

Night had fallen across the desert sand with its cool breeze that always followed. Two figure sat crouching behind a large dune waiting for the right moment and direct attack point. On the right was a tall dark man his short muddy river hair standing on end. Hands resting on his weapon and ready to fire if needed. Beside him was a young woman her feature could not be made out for her entire body was concealed. All that could be seen was her jade green eyes and long black hair that rested on her shoulders. She moved her eyes and glanced at the gate. There were two guards standing on he look out along with a fence that surrounded a large monolithic building. Security was tight tighter then she expected but this mission was essential and needed to succeed either way.

“Ok plan give it “ her partner said looking at her eyes for that was the only thing he could make contact with. She took one more glance at the building and then looked back at him and said in a soft tone “The guards rotate ever hour giving us 5 minuets till the next arrive. Between that time the gate is opened for the other guards to take their shifts. Also at that time the security is shut off. From what I can see we will have a 4 minuets and 35 second gap to get into the building with out being detected and with out bypassing the alarm device.” She paused and looked at the cool sand below her. Te soft breeze coerced through her black locks of hair covering part of her face.  She appeared as if she was regretful for something that she new what she was going to say would mean death. Glancing back at him she continued “I suspect we will need to part ways and meet up in the south end of the building wait for me there”. He nodded his head in agreement and placed his hand on her shoulder “Don’t worry X we’ll get through this together”. With that the guards commenced is switch and the tow dashed toward the fence. Gripping the bob wire  tightly causing her hands to bleed she swung herself over and on the other side. “Yes but only one of us” she whispered “Only me”.

Her hands soon healed but the pain of what she was about to do may would never wear off. She hand entered the building and donned one of the officers’ that she had killed’s uniform. “Stevens this is X do you copy” “Yah I read you loud and clear on the east side of the building and making my way to the meeting point.” She stopped and forced herself to continue “Ok now to your lets you should see a small device, picket it up and type in this code: 463-0039-3348”. He did as she asked “There’s a flashing light what now” “Wait!” she said firmly “You need to know that….you’ve been one of the best partners that I have ever had” “You to X now lets get this mission over” she lowered her head and sighed “Press the button on the top left” After saying that she whispered to herself “I’m sorry”.  With those words the building trembled. She held against the wall to stable herself until the tremor was over.

Stevens communicator was dead and so was he. “I’m so sorry” she then dashed down the main corridor and entered a large room. She new what had to be done. She entered the room shutting the door behind her. Before her was a desk and sitting in it was her target. He was facing the wall and talking to some on the phone. “ Who he was talking to was of no relevance top her she pulled out a small dagger and flung it against the wall. The man know realizing that he was the turned his chair and stared at her. Walking over to him she looked at the phone and he got the message. Hanging up he asked “Who are you child” his voice quivering in fear. “I am the last person you’ll see now the codes.” “Never” he said firmly she could tell he was a strong willed man but so she was stronger . “Give them or I’ll…..” “Father” a young voice said. Turning her head back she could see a little boy no older than five standing before her obviously the mans son. “James get out” He stared at the girl with wide eyes she could see that the father was in pure horror for his son and he should be. “What’s going on dad” the boy said again “Get out now!” he said much louder. She took her chance and grabbed the boys wrist at the boys neck. Looking back at the father “Now I ask again the codes please”.  The man fumbled through  his draws and pulled out files that contained what she needed. With his hands shaking he gave them to her. Taking them she threw the boy to the father who held him tightly. She looked at the documents and  smiled “Thank you for your cooperation”. With that she pulled out her gun and pointed it at the two. “I’m sorry truly I am” blood spattered on the walls as the two bodys fell to the floor both shot in the head. She placed the gun back in it’s sheath and exited the room.

Once she got a good distance for the building she pulled out her communications device and spoke into it “This is agent X mission competed you may continue with operation. With in seconds the desert was awoken with a large explosion that decimated every thing in its path. She turned her hair back and looked at the large fire that now consumed the body of her dead team mate and every thing else. Her hair blew in front of her covered face. As her green eyes shut as if trying to block out the pain of her actions. Time was meaningless, realities were easy for her to travel from but to kill was the one thing that she had to do but did not want to. This girl was only know as “X of the Facility age not older than 13 and she needed to complete her mission and her mission was to prevent the past from repeating its self she needed to stop an event that would ruin her life in the future".....

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kurrent
"Dad, whats being an @$$hole mean" asked the unassuming 8 year old as he tightened his black belt over his gui  and slipped his British Knights back on after changing from his school clothes in the backseat of his fathers brand new 1989 Mazda MX-6. They were on the way to a martial arts tournament that Jayden was about to compete in. BY this time he was already a black belt in Taekwondo and had dabbled  a little in Capoeria and Escrima. "Jayyyden, that is not a nice word" replied his father while turning down the radio that was playing a new song with a catchy tune called Ice Ice Baby. Jayden quickly responded "If it is not a nice word why did you call that man that over the phone" His father couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. He had raised his son to always be honest and realized that he was growing up fast and was catching on to even the smallest of details. After sighing deeply he decided to tell him what was going on.

"I was talking about a man named Jean Luc, he is a politian, businessman", "@$$HOLE" shouted Jayden out of turn. "Stop saying that word, but yes Jayden. He is trying to buy the company from us. I have told him no several times but he keeps pushing the issue."

"why does he want to buy your job dad"
Jayden asked not really understanding the affairs of adults really the only thing on his mind was participating in this tournament. He was excited about this one because it was the first one that his dad was going to be able to see him in. "I don't know he is not even from here, he is from Louisiana, he probably want to sell it or take it over and make the profit that we have been making recently he in Orlando. We are getting a lot of business now and we are making a lot more money.

"Is that a good thing Dad"
Jayden asked again. "What making money, yes its a very good thing as long as you are honest and work hard for it" They pair quickly pulled into a large complex where the tournament was being held Jayden's father looked back at him and said "are you ready?". Jayden smiled big and said to his dad "Yep, I'm ready to kick some but"  Together they got out of the car after they parked and walked into the packed complex towards the registration table of the Martial Arts tournament.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Sand, sand, and more sand. That’s all I could see for miles and miles. Sure I could turn my head and look on the behemoth man next to me, or I could go to sleep. I didn’t need sleep, and Spartan annoyed me, so I decided the window was my best option. At least there I could see some changes, like an oasis here and there, some rocky outcroppings, a caravan, a herd of camels, fighting… The last bit brought me up short and reminded me what I was here for. I was to help stop the war with the rest of my team mates. I sure hoped the UN knew what they are doing. This was a new thing for all of us. How they even found me was still a mystery, but I had bet Spartan had a hand in it. It always seemed he’d show up with some new mess just to get me involved. This time it wasn’t just him asking. I refused at first, then decided I should do it. I wasn’t doing much these days anyway. I needed a little bit of action.

My Grandmother could go faster then this piece of sh!t.

I rolled my eyes and turned a menacing gaze on Demetrius, “Do you even know who your grandmother is?”

Before I could get an answer the co-pilot announced that we were almost ready to land. And right on queue Demetrius began to complain once more. I made a mental note to kick the pilots out of the cockpit on the way back. If Demetrius wanted to get somewhere fast I’d show him what it would be like. Then perhaps for once I could annoy him, maybe call him some girly names if he screamed. I hope he did scream, that would make me laugh.

Again the pilots began to speak, we were descending, but it seemed someone was impatient. Honestly I was too, I could have flown here faster then any of them. But of course I had wings. They were the reason the bad guys gave me the nickname Angel of Death. To them when I descended from the skies I looked like an angel but I always brought death. And to keep them thinking that I decided that White was the best color for me. Sure it stained easy, but it sure brought some good reactions from the guys I was about to kill. And after many millennia’s of life, I had killed more then these bozo’s. I’d repent later and ask Eve to forgive me for going back on my word to her, but I was also sure she understood. You can’t mother an entire species without understanding the consequences of it.

I pulled myself from my thoughts as the whirring of the choppers blades became louder and a breeze ripped through our little holding area. I turned just in time to see Demetrius jump out and shook my head. “He’s always trying to still all the glory. Come on boys it’s time to go.”

I didn’t wait for Mike or Jason, I unbuckled myself and tossed myself out the doors. I did a few mid air ballet moves and my wings unfurled from beneath my skin. They shadowed the people below and I heard the bellows of the Iraqi’s as they saw my silhouette. They already knew who I was. Some scrambled others began shooting at me. I laughed melodiously and turned the upper part of my body towards the ground. I brought my wings in close to my body and shot forward, letting the breeze catch my wings at the last minute before I touched down.

I looked over at Demetrius when I landed and glared for a moment, he was having too much fun. It was my turn. I dodged punches and sent flames shooting from my finger tips at whoever got near enough. A few times I was caught of guard from someone behind me, but they were barbequed soon after. Over and over this went on, I changed it up a bit though. Sometimes people died in desert tornadoes or by there own guns. But the people kept coming. After I received a bloody nose I looked around wondering where Mike and Jason was and wondering if it was time I did my scouting flight. I’d know shortly, right now I was a little bit busy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An hour had passed. No one was coming, it was just Vincent and the City-Eater. Vincent had somehow kept himself from being noticed by the City-Eater, who should have at least sensed his heartbeat by now, and watched as the creature seemed to be having trouble in deciding where exactly it wanted to go. Something was out of place here, the City-Eater should have already consumed two-thirds of Iraq by now but yet it remained immobile. It had barely even moved, it was just standing there like one big red oak-colored tube-shaped noodle... albeit a noodle with billions of razor sharp teeth in it's gaping maw. Vincent's fear of the creature seemed to vanish as curiosity took over, he wanted to know exactly why the City-Eater wasn't doing what comes naturally...which is of course eating cities full of people. Using as much caution as necessary he floated towards the massive creature and closely began examining it as closely as possible.

It was then that Vincent noticed a series of huge pulsating purple masses growing in various places all over the creature's skin. Vincent grinned, the City-Eater was infected with the same plague that had wiped out the rest of its abominable species, it apparently had been for centuries. The only thing that Vincent wondered now was how could a City-Eater infected by the plague that wiped out its entire species survive for countless centuries while infected. Vincent then shook his head, snapped himself back into reality and unleashed wave after wave of kinetic energy upon the beast. It let out another bestial howl, one that quickly dwindled into silence as the creature's remains turned to sand and became one with the desert.

Vincent was in total disbelief, he had just killed a City-Eater with absolutely no difficulty whatsoever, sure it was diseased but even so it was still an amazing feat. As Vincent continued to examine the area where the creature's remains had landed he noticed a couple of peculiar objects glimmering in the Sunlight. Vincent made a swift landing and approached the objects, upon getting a better look at them he gasped. "Four Rings and a Power Battery...all of which belong to The Green Lantern Corps." This put a smile on Vincent's face, not one laced with malice or greed mind you, but the kind of smile you only express when a fond memory rises to the surface.

Vincent could remember the day The Guardians of Oa formed The Green Lantern Corps, he remembered how badly he wanted to be a Green Lantern...how he trained for years in the hopes that one day a glimmering emerald ring would descend from the Heavens and grant his wish. He also remembered the day when it seemed like his wish was actually going to come true, when an emerald ring appeared overhead and without so much as a second thought rejected him, telling him he was too weak and that he could never have what it takes to become a Green Lantern.

"That was Centuries ago...I'm different now..." Vincent whispered to himself as he remembered exactly how much those words had hurt him. "I'm not weak...not anymore..."

Vincent picked up the Rings and placed all four of them on his right hand. But upon noticing just exactly how old these rings were Vincent began having doubts as to whether or not they were still even capable of functioning. Still it was worth a try...Vincent grabbed The Power Battery and held it high up above his head. He remembered that in order to activate multiple rings he would have to recite a different variation of the Sacred Oath of The Green Lanterns. Vincent took a very deep breath and began to recite the Oath.

"In Brightest Day, Through Blackest Night! No Other Corps Shall Spread It's Light! Let Those Who Try To Stop What's Right, Burn Like My Power; GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!

Vincent was taken aback as the ancient Power Battery hummed to life and began to glow as brightly as a newborn star. He could feel the Rings on his fingers pulling energy from the Power Battery, taking only seconds to restore themselves to full power and by doing so they had boosted Vincent's own might a thousand fold. Vincent took a moment to adjust himself to this significant power upgrade. But as he was doing so his insides began to burn, Vincent screamed loudly as the pain tried to send his body into shock but before that could happen Vincent pulled the four rings off of his fingers and tossed both them and the Power Battery onto the ground. Dropping to his knees in pure agony, Vincent began to puke out his own blood, after several moments passed he stopped puking and collapsed onto his back.

"D-Damn it..." Vincent said to himself as he tried to hold back the tears that were brimming underneath his eyelids. Despite everything he had gone through to make himself stronger over the ages Vincent was still as weak as that first Ring he encountered had said he was so very long ago. "I-It's not fair..." Unable to stand the pain any longer Vincent passed out and allowed the world around him to fade into darkness.
Misery Index

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Misery Index
"Mom........Mom?" The Young Lionel  Yelled Into The darkness of The house, The smell of smoke was strong as he left his room. As he entered Corridor , he could see A light fog smoke consume the house setting of The Fire detector. Mom? why is it smoky? you burned something?" He said as he made his way to The kitchen entrance from stop  suddenly, horrified  At the sight of Something appalling. "mom?" Lionel rushed into The kitchen  to see his Mother leaning forward, almost falling of the wooden chair she sat on "Mom?......mom?....MOM!?" He Shook is mother in attempted to wake her up, ignoring the burning food On the stove" MOM WAKE UP!....YOUR BURNING THE FOOD !!"  he said shaking her like a rag doll. Then suddenly The food  on the counter became Ablaze, you Lionel turned around Horrified, he grabbed  a Bottle of vinegar and threw it into The flame. it only fed the fire making it spread onto the stove,Young Lionel Had no idea that Vinegar couldn't extinguish fires. "MOM  I MADE THE FIRE WORSE, PLEASE  WE HAVE TO GO NOW!" she still didnt wake up , and the flames began to  spread all over the kitchen, consuming everything into a fiery. Lionel was sick to his stomach in fear, he had no choice but to Flee the scene, leaving his mother at The mercy Of the Burning Flames.

He made his way outside The house t Find his father pulling In in his car" DAD!!" lionel Chanted eagerly with tears runing down his eye's as he began to bang on the drivers window" THERES A FIRE AND MOMS INSIDE" Lionel Yelled at the closed window, his Casual looking fathered looked puzzled in the car, and opened" Hey...hey... slow down tiger whats wrong?" His father said holding Lionels arms In comfort. All he could do was point at the house, It was a Burning Inferno, the crackling of flames became Loud as it burned the energy Out of The The wood made house" SH!T THATS WAS THE SOURCE OF tHE SMELL? WHERE YOUR MOTHER?
Lionel pointed to the house, his father Charged towards The house Vulgarly , desperate to save his beloved wife"DAD WAIT, SHE WONT WAKE UP!!",  his father ignored his demand as he charged into The ocean Of flames, Iionel dropped to The floor and began to Cry Hysterically.

"Leo?leo? wake up?"

Lionel opened his eyes In sheer confusing, looking around at his setting, the walls were white, with pictures of  familiar faces posted on the walls, a tv rested on a wood oak dresser, and another bed laid adjacent  to his" Another Dream about That day Man?"  The young Figured squeaky voiced person asked, Lionel then realized that he was having a dream" yeah.....its been happening every day, i just cant believe that it happend so fast..." The other pre teen looking kid walked back to his bed  and stared at  Lionel " yeah man...it hurts, i lost my parents to...you'll be okay....ju", "just be quiet man, you arent making me feel better at all, if  i didnt throw that vinegar in the fire, they would both still be alive steve", The boy shrugged his shoulders" was just trying to help  man, sorry" Steve  laid back into The bed and Continued watching full house.Lionel stood up from his bed, and walked Towards the window, and stared at the rising sun" i miss you mom and dad, im sorry for what i did....." Steven appeared Behind Lionel, shocking him with a hand to the shoulder" just watch some tv and get your mind of the topic...tom and jerry's on,, thats always cheers you up" Lionel cracked a smile and mad his way back his bed.

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau_sr_
Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sir, Mr. Jayden has rejected your latest bid. He said to inform you that his company is not, and will not, be for sale" said an angel faced secretary. Her thick Cajun accent helping to pad the sting of the bad news. "Thank you Ms. Babineaux. Dat will be all." responded Jean Luc as he excused his assistant. The disappointment and anger of rejection still plastered on his face as he rose from behind a Victorian style writing desk before making his way over to the window. Down below the people of New Orleans hustled on their way to work or whatever the days agenda consisted of. Completely unaware that the newly voted Chief Administrator was in fact the almost mythical like figure, the Swamp Fox. Captain of the legendary Assassin's Guild and one of the most powerful men in the state.

And now he had set his sights on a lucrative business owned by the Jayden's. He had already intimidated or manipulator the other charter members of Savior Construction. A Florida based outfit who's profit margin had recently begun to flourish. And its founder wasn't about to relinquish control, not after having built it from the ground up with hard work and determination. But the happily married father of one had no idea who he was dealing with. Jean Luc had already made promises, offered deals, and they all hinged on his owner ship of Savior Construction. The U.S. government had already secretly granted the Nawlins politician several no bid contracts for the re-construction of Iraq. It was a multi-billion dollar deal and the only thing standing in its way was Mr. Jayden himself.

As Jean Luc turned from the window he once again made his way back towards his desk. And a file that lay open revealing its contents. The assassin shuffled around a few pictures and pages of information before calling his secretary in once again. "Ms. Babineaux, book a flight to Orlando immediately. Also get a hold of a packstage press pass for the Orlando Martial Arts Invitational.""Right away Mr. LeBeau. Should I make that ticket for two?" she questioned, referring to his son. "I don't think so. Wouldn't want the boy picking up any bad habits. I don't want him mimicking children, I want him mimicking killers." he said coldly. "Understood Sir. I'll get on that right away."

Whether or not the Jayden family had realized it, they were about to be paid a visit. And their lives would never be the same again.
Avatar image for unamerican_hero
UnAmerican Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UnAmerican Hero

POW! POW! POW! The shots echo through his nightmare right before the eleven year old boy frantically wakes up. Sitting up in his bed he wipes the mixture of sweat and tears from his face. The kid looks over at a five year old picture of him and his father. The photo was taken not long before the older male died. Gunned down by those sworn to protect. He wasn’t there to witness the actually murder but almost every night his imagination plays what it might have been like in those horrible nightmares. Each one different but each one very much the same. Looking over at the bulky digital clock he reads 7:15, only a few minutes before he had to wake up.

Letting out a sigh Kalib tosses the covers off him and slides off the bed. The only thing he had one was a beater, underwear and one sock. He slowly moves to the bathroom and relieves himself. He washes his face and private parts then brushes his teeth. Going back to his room, he pulls over a yellow and black striped shirt that fit very loosely. Then he stuck both legs into a pair of extra baggy overalls. Putting only one strap over his shoulder, he lets the other fall by his waist. He finds another sock, and then puts on a pair of classic black and white chucks. Finally he slips on a huge jacket and leaves his room.

He walks down the hall where he sees his mother scrambling to get ready for work. He grabs his book bag and throws it over his shoulder. He starts walking to the door when he hears his mother calling, “Kalib come here.” Turning around he walks back to her. “Yeah…?” Somewhat bending down to his level Mrs. Thompson points her finger to him and says, “Promise me you won’t do anything to get into trouble today. It’s almost time for your progress report and I don’t want to see anymore behavioral problems.” “Yes ma’am…” The boy mumbles as he looks over at the floor avoiding eye contact. “I love you. Now have a good day.” She says softly before kissing him on his forehead. “Love you too.” Kalib says as he turns and exits the door.

He walks to the steps of the apartment hallway and wipes off the kiss so his mother’s lipstick won’t show. He moves over to the steps and places his butt on the railing and rides it down to the door. Spring is coming around the corner but the morning chill still bites at the young boy’s skin. He starts walking to the bus stops when he hears an even younger voice holler out to him. “Yo, Kalib! Wait up, man.” It was his neighbor, Joseph, but everyone called him “Lil’ Joe”. “Wassup, Lil’ Joe? You wasn’t outside yesterday. Where was you?” After he catches up Joe replies, ”I got a whoppin’…” Joe being smaller and one grade lower than Kalib, he looked up to him and strives to be like him.

“Dat’s whack, man. Well we can play at recess today.” Kalib assures his friend. “If you don’t get into trouble before then.” Lil’ Joe says jokingly. “Shut up!” Kalib snaps back but with a big grin. The yellow bus pulls up and they get on.

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sovereign Son

" LOCKHART WAKE THE F@CK UP" The radio sparked to life, bringing with it the cocktail of last nights mild beer and a hangover to match the deserts relentless p! ss stain of heat.emptying his guts out side of the chopper, the taste of  belly acid sat at the back of his throat and stung at his eyes. Watching as Kiara took to the sky he slumped his head back against the cool fabric of the chair he was sitting in. "He is drunk again, for f@ck sake we will never win with sh!t bags like this fighting for us, Those turrets will cut us to pieces." his cores hand reached out for the mic that sat just above the door that lead into the mid morning sky and missed several times  before catching the black receiver. two sand paper lips pressed onto each other as he spoke in a rasping voice. "Fuck you," rolling out of the chair he almost fell to his knees, as bullets zipped past chopper from the turrets below. Mike would have stood six feet two and if he had shaved would have been relatively hansom to most, his black short crew cut and blue eyes seemed missed placed in a war zone. The dust off the sand matched the colour of his boots and gear. stumbling to the back of the metallic bird he flicked up a dust sheet and began to clink his rifle into a weapon of death. The radio was sparking with profanity as the brass on the other end began to dress him down. Perhaps they thought he still gave a damn what number ten thought of him. Sadly they where grossly mistaken, this war was a joke, he knew it they knew. the whole f@ cking world knew it, but here he was following orders like a good little toy solider.

He let  the gentle gust of wind blow over his strong features as he looked down past the battle and at the building, sure enough the turrets were a problem, Spartan had already started his rampage and Kiara was in the air, dancing of all things. Spitting the remaining sick from his mouth, he pulled the rifle to his side and walked back to the receiver, clicking the button down he pressed it against the barrel of the gun and pulled out a thick roll of wire tape and taped it to the gun. Pulling the trigger ten times, the rifle rang out over the receiver and into the ears of the pricks war, who still felt the need to push warriors around. ripping the receiver free he slowly talked to the mic "If you can still hear captain assh@ le, the turrets are down." A laugh came from the pilot and his crew as Mike dropped to the ground below, bracing himself into a roll and then laying flat as the dust filled his mouth. It was already dry from the hangover. As he looked at the sky and listened to the bullets around he he pulled his rifle to his side and closed his eyes "I love war" He mumbled as he fell back asleep.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

A great evil stalked the land scapes of Iraq, the Evil of the Illisiene, the mind flayer levitated calmly over the desert, and for days soldiers have been found with their skulls broken and their brains removed, or soldiers who have been subjected to some kind of mind control, with blank eyes responding to none of their orders.   The Illithid was infinitely calm, despite the fact that anyone who had even the slightest glimmer of it's thoughts would know that it's unimaginably insane.  It Wandered the Desert, to find a tome, a tome of madness.  It knew what would come of this planet within eighteen years and upon having this thought, came as close to a grin as any being with a circular mouth could.   It knew that one day this world would only know death and suffering, but that day was in the near future, not now.  

It floated to the top of a high up ledge near baghdad and overviewed the city and visions of the future flashed into it's milky white eyes, it saw the city in ruins with great hordes of men pouring through the middle east and slaughtering thousands of American Soldiers, it pictured people screaming, babies being eaten, children being beaten, and these visions made it as close to happiness as it could get.  For it's mind was no longer twisted, it had went far beyond that a long time ago, nor was it's mind sprained, no, it's mind was broken, fractured.  It's madness knew no bounds and the twelve foot tall being floated away into the desert, to a safe spot where it could teleport to another place, a place that the beings here call.....The United States of america.

In a brief blue flash of energy the Mind flayer arrived in the state of Lousiana.  It then saw visions of what was to come for this state, a great hurricane would devastate it, followed by it's destruction at the hands of unending hordes of men.  Illisiene surveyed the State and decided to go off on the hunt for fresh brains to devour.  For even a maddened priest of mad things wanted the taste of the brains of a sentient being.  But before it would do that it decided to review it's spell books and prepare it's magic for the day.   It opened a small book, but it was a book with infinite pages, and each page was full of maddening information that would break the mind of a god of sanity. 

It peered over it's tome of arcane power, reading page after page, in a process that took an hour to complete, and as it finished the purple skinned brain eater closed it's book and decided to bring out a portable television it had from a different universe and decided to watch the news to pass the time in waiting for a bystander to eat the brains of.  For Illisiene had all the time in the world to wait for it's next meal.

Nicolas Bellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nicolas Bellic
Keywest, Florida, Room 202 of the Crowne Plaza Hotel
"Bottoms up" The man smirked,downing another shot of Jack Daniels, twirling the cord to his telephone as he reclined in his chair. "F#ck did you call me for?" The man's brother sneered from the other side of the phone. "I got a job man." Nicolas replied pouring himself another shot, An awkward than surfaced until finally his brother replied with an accent thicker than the cigar smoke in his house.   "Nicky, What happened to you quitting this assassin business? You have a son to think about now and a wife and all that horrible sh!t. Why come back now?"

"Because of them. Money's been alittle tight at the moment and well I gotta pay the bills somehow."

"Well, who's your hit on?"

"I dunno, Micheal...something or other. Some big business guy, was hired by an underling of Jean Luc LeBeau Sr."

"Well any idea who Jean is?"

"Not really. Just says he's a cajun, major business man himself. Probably wanting to take down some competition."

"I gotta a feelin' he's more than that...where will they both be?"

"Martial Arts Tournament in Orlando. Why?"

"HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA, You unlucky bastard"

Puzzled at his brother Jaques reaction, Nicolas hung up the phone not truly think of it. Instead dwelling on the thought of his large paycheck and the wife he'd return in the middle east once he was done. The exchange rate would be enough to feed them for quite some time if he pulled it off and his son...well with his mutant genes and enhanced fighting that he'd someday pass down to him, but his brothers laughter did concern him...
__

3 hours later of research later

"Elaine, book me a trip to Orlando and get me another bottle of Jack."

"How many have you had?"

"Lady....You don't understand what I'm going up against. Get me the Jack"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Wake up!" Vincent knew that voice, the voice of the young woman yelling at him telling him to wake up...it was her voice. Vincent's eyes opened wide to see a young woman about twenty-three years old with long silky black hair and sapphire blue eyes standing over him. She was dressed in a Green Lantern Uniform, it was something that both made him proud and angry at the same time, she had done what Vincent could not, she had succeeded where Vincent failed. But then again...the Apprentices are always supposed to surpass their Masters at some point. It's just how things are. How they always have been.

"Valerie? Is that really you?" Vincent asked, squinting at the Sunlight that was shining down upon them both.

"Yeah, it's me. Give me your hand." Valerie said as she extended her hand outwards. Vincent took her hand and hoisted himself up. He brushed some of the sand off of his armor, watching as Valarie collected the four Green Lantern Rings and the faulty Power Battery.

"So...you're a member of The Green Lantern Corps now. When did that happen?" Vincent asked.

Valerie looked back at Vincent, the expression he saw on her face was one he'd seen on thousands of other people. It was that of one very unhappy Cop. "About three days after you assassinated a Kree Emissary named Star-Lyn on Satriani."

"I guess that means you are not here to just simply collect the faulty goods and reminisce on old times, am I right?" Vincent said as he looked Valerie directly in the eyes.

Valerie averted her eyes for just a moment, Vincent could see a hint of sadness and remorse in them, whatever she planned to do next would forever place a wedge between them. Nevertheless Valerie had a job to do. Valerie raised her fist into the air and pointed her brightly glowing emerald ring directly at Vincent. "Father...in the name of The Green Lantern Corps I herby place you under arrest for murdering Emissary Star-Lyn as well as nearly bringing about the start of a new Kree/Skrull War."

Vincent had not heard Valerie call him Father in over a decade and a half. Had it been under any other circumstances his heart would more than likely have melted and he would have let all of his defenses down...but he was not an idiot. He knew what she was doing, he had taught her how to do it, the ability to manipulate one's emotions. The ability to use those emotions against an enemy so that when they let down their defenses you could strike them down quick and easy in a clean and efficient matter. But Vincent was not going to allow this to be a clean and efficient matter for Valerie. It was going to be one very bloody affair, she may have been his daughter at one time but now she was his enemy, an enemy hellbent on placing him inside a Sciencell on Oa for the rest of Eternity.

"I only did what my Client asked of me, it was she who wanted Star-Lyn dead. I was merely the blunt object she used to kill him with."

"That doesn't matter, you still murdered an innocent man. Now...this is what is going to happen...you are coming with me back to Oa, you are going to be placed in a Sciencell and you are going to pay for your crimes."

"That's almost the exact same thing your Mother said to me on the day we first met...except for the part about me murdering people and all that nonsense about going to The Sciencells of Oa, that is. You know it's a shame we had to meet again under these circumstances Valerie, I was hoping to do some catching up. But well...now we won't be able to can we?"

Mere seconds pass and Valerie immediately finds herself quickly dodging a massive bolt of kinetic energy. She then dodges another and another and another. All the while thinking that she may have bit off a little more than she could chew by deciding to face her Father alone.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By talon_x23

“You didn’t have to kill him” X shouted her voice having anger in her heart. “We had no other choice and least I remind you, you were the one to do it,” “I only did it because I knew that you would either way!” X had returned from her mission anger and regretful of what she did to Stevens. He was a great partner one of her best but never had she thought he could be leaking information to SHIELD never. “I’m sorry Andersen but you will just have to accept the fact that he was a mole”.  The officer said trying to calm he down “Well then that’s it I’m not having another partner this aint the first time I have to kill some one I work with and I am sure it won’t be the last so I’m off the partner list”.
 She was going to storm out but then he spoke again to her dismay “There is one more option” she flung her head back as If observing him. “James he will be your new partner he is very much like you” the word “James” was not in her vocabulary and would not be “I’m 13 for heavens sake you want me to team up with James” X said waving her hand in the air “X I think you’ll like him” he said a sinister smile on his face.  X sighed and left the room her thought on what she needed to do and how to do it. “Great just great” she said “I have to much at stake to have a partner”.

She walked down the hall passing many agents on the way. Her thoughts were on her new Partner she went through who he could have been but found no one that her commander would pair her with.  She got to her room and opened the door slowly entering. Turning on the lights she collapsed on the bed from exhaustion. “All this is going to end badly” she said while sighting. Looking over to her clock she saw she had an hour till she meeting with her new Partner James. She wondered if he would be different if he was like the others and would have the same fate but she guessed that she would have to wait to fine out.

“Uhh” she moaned as awaking from her sleep. She had a headache due to staying up many a late nights. Looking at the slow groggy mood soon changed to active and awake. “Oh shi..” before she could finish there was a knock on her door and quickly straitening out her uniform she walked over to the door regaining her composure. “This is not good” she thought. Opening the door she saw a young man about 14 or 15 he was tall and handsome with many good features. Gazing upon the girl with the covered face he smiled politely and outstretched his hand “Hello my name is Agent James, your new partner?”. Curiosity over took her as she looked at him. He had short black hair that covered his ears  and brown eyes appearing to be very rugged. “Um yes you are” she said opening her door so that he could enter. He followed her cautiously keeping his eyes to the floor do avoid looking at body.

He had heard much about this agent X in his time here and he had very many questions for her. She at on the bed and looked at him “May I ask you something Andersen?” he asked unsure of himself. Nodding her head yes he continued “How many missions have you been assigned to”  “Many” she quickly said “I am curios I have heard you have killed many yet your age puts you in an awkward position”. Looking at the floor she said  “Age is no limit for strengths nor inelegance”. He smile and nodded his head in agreement “ok last question, I know you have had to kill many of your partners will that be my fate.” Looking up at him in astonishment. How could he have know that? She thought “Yes I have but that will not be your fate” she said in an unemotional voice.

He sat beside her and lifted head “Do you feel regret?” “My conscience has been suppressed through out the years  but there are times I feel those emotions and now I do”. Cautiously patting her shoulder he said in a caring voice “We all have regrets some much large than others but we sometimes have to move on”.  “Well then James  that is where we differ” she said with a weak smile “ Then this looks like the beginning of a very interesting relation ship” he said with a slight chuckle.

Many Years Later: 1990

“We have him here and he’s sedated” “Don’t do any thing I want to see him” “I’m sorry you don’t have permission you can’t” “Listen here I don’t care about permission I need to see him I have to” “I’m sorry mam you can’t” and with those words she was sent to her quarters. The lighting was dim and her fists were tight she could only think about him about what they were going to do to him and it would be terrible. “He was once my dear friend and more I can’t leave him to these vultures” she thought. Sliding her hand against the metallic wall she thought of ways she could get him out and safe. “He may not remember me but I won’t abandon him again” she was flooded with past memories that she wished never to have but they were there and tearing at her soul.

She ravaged her hand through her hair trying to think any thing that could get him out. She stood no chance against the HYDRA but she was willing to die for him because he was prepared to do that for her. Through out the years her attire had never changed she remained to conceal her true appearance only James was the only one to see her true from. Thinking back to when she was younger it was amazing how little she had changed. She was still the stern emotionless, tough girl she was years ago with one difference: James.  She was ashamed of her past and of who she was but he helped her and that was why she would do any thing for him, he was her friend, her protector and oddly enough the man she loved.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

The Mad devourer of brains had taken the time to not only prepare it's magic, but to divine some more future events from the Illithid city planted on the earth a billion years ago, a very dark and gloomy place, filled with strange organic styled architecture and horrifyingly non-euclidean geometry and cyclopean design.  A normal man's mind would snap from viewing the temporary adobe of the Ultralithid for the briefest of moments, and even to the insane, the design would be uncomfortably strange, as by anyones standards, it was completely mad.   Most hosts of the Baernolar, more commonly known as the Dreadnought, or it's spawn have their sanity intact, although most would it's slightly damaged.   However as it has been the host of the Baernolar itself, and has been a servant to the Baernolar's masters, the Great old ones and their masters The Outer Gods.  A man known as Howard Phillips Lovecraft had the slightest brush of contact with these ancient beings and brought them forth to the world, but he never knew how disturbingly real they were.

The great old ones and the outer gods live outside the omniverse in a place called the Far Realm, which is a place where even the very few common laws of the worlds in the omniverse, are all thrown out the window.  It is madness incarnate, while it somewhat resembles the ever-changing realm of the Chaos incarnates, who live at the eastern fifth of the Omniverse, it is far worse than that place.  Thus there shall be no description, for it is something best left unspoken.   However if the good incarnates were to be slain, due to the loss of their power, which easily surpasses that of the rulers of multiverses, or even the so called ruler of the omniverse itself, a hole would open between the Far Realm and the omniverse, allowing it's madness to spill into all worlds, bringing existence back to it's original state.  One end being a realm of unending madness, the other being utter nothingness.  

The Ultralithid continued in it's studies in it's dark laboratory, twenty kilometers beneath the surface of the earth, part of a long standing and massive Illithid city, covering an area of a hundred thousand square kilometers.   For it needed room for all it's horrible experiments and a realm for it's fellow Illithids to dwell in.  The name of the city was one that if brought into it's most pronouncable form, Would be Lagr'lyehurntho.  As it worked in it's laboratory, forming and discarding hypothesis while conducting strange experiments with horrific tools.   With dozens of Illithid assistants working in silence, for their entire species was Telepathic and had a very effective sign language as well, they only used their mouths to speak to outsiders.  This Talent combined with the Illithid species enormous average mental abillity made them the species that existed at the top of the Fel empire.   

It wrote down it's notes with a strange stylus, which wrote "/I-I \-/I ---- II-/ IIII //\\ -/I\" this strange series of dashes was the language qualith, which is a written language only, it has no spoken form, because it is a telepathic language, the dashes were a stored telepathic message, and only a telepathic being can write a message in qualith.  If a non telepathic human tried to write in Qualith, it would simply be a meaningless sequence of dashes.    

If translated they would read "The Native Voodoo Cultists and Animals are not of the mind set I need to carry out my experiments, Perhaps carring out secretive raids on the cities of the species Homo Sapiens Sub Species Sapiens will provide me of the proper cerebral matter I require to decipher the writings of the Necronomicon.  The major Super power of this planet, of the name the United states of America is currently occupied in a major conflict against the overmatched Nation of Iraq, this should provide ample distractions, Also note, Children provide unappealing brains, they lack enough Life Experiences to provide the psionic flavor to their Cerebral matter, I highly recommend ignoring them, if needed, use our species innate "Mind Blast" to stun those that get in the way before erasing their memories of the past eight hours." 

The Illithid then pondered over the results of it's latest experiments.  Attempting to use a enormous amount of psionic energy to completely control the minds of everything in a million multiverse radius.  It had found that to carry out this experiment, it needed nearly three billion human brains.  Something it could not afford to do, even with the Fel empire, for if it tried to do something on the scale of this, the empires of the incarnates of Good, Order, Neutrality, and Possibly even that of Chaos would defeat it's empire for the sixth time.  It did find that in 17 years, on the year two thousand and eight, on thanksgiving week, it would have the forces to pull this off.  

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Spartan

Iraq:

The machine gun turrets were raining down upon the UN forces.  By then, the Spartan had put away his sword and had met up with a detachment of UN-affiliated troops.  They were being held down by a barrage of machine gun fire from the turrets ahead, and were using the remains of a leveled building for cover.  A blast of heavy caliber bullets shot Demetrius right in the chest.  Though the bullets bounced off the armor on his upper body, the blast nearly knocked him over.  "What the Hell?!" he exclaimed.  "So that's the way they want to do it, huh?"

Looking over to a soldier belonging to the United Kingdom, he noticed the man had a grenade launcher.  "Here, give me that!" Demetrius yelled.  Grabbing the grenade launcher then draping the ammunition belt over his upper body, the Spartan then emerged from cover.  Not fearing the storm of bullets coming down at him, he marched ahead with the grenade launcher.  Once he was close enough, the Spartan fired off a round from the weapon at one of the turrets.  As the turret exploded in flames, the surviving Iraqi troops that were operating it were running for their lives - some of them with their bodies on fire.

As the Spartan maintained his steady march among the turrets, the scent of scorched flesh permeated the air.  It did not matter if the threat was seemingly neutralized, the Spartan's brutality knew no limits.  Fleeing Iraqi troops would be shot down with the grenade launcher and blown to bits.  The only response from the Spartan would be an occasional burst of laughter.  Also, the Iraqi forces could see that their bullets were having little-to-no effect on the mighty Greek.  "That's right!" the Spartan roared.  "Run, you little desert rats!  Run!"  With another laugh, he shot a grenade and took out several more Iraqis.  After clearing the turrets, Demetrius turned to the UN troops behind him and yelled, "Alright, let's tear this b*tch up, men!"

With that, the troops charged the instillation.  The enemy was defeated, the prisoners were set free, and the battle was won.  It was all in a day's work for the Peacemakers.  Walking over to some burning debris, Demetrius used the flame to light another cigar.  He puffed it some, then took a step back and looked around.  "Yup," he said.  "We did it."  As his wounds began to heal themselves, the Spartan walked over to his fellow Peacemakers.

Pointing to the destruction behind him, he said to the three members, "Well team, it looks as if we 'kept the peace' pretty damn well."  Quickly raising his grenade launcher, he fired another round toward a wounded Iraqi who was crawling on the ground a few yards away trying to escape, thus putting the man out of his misery.  Sure enough, it was complete overkill; but that was the way he did things.  With a sneer, Demetrius took another puff of his cigar then said to Mike and Jason, "Don't worry about unemployment.  As long as the human race endures, we'll NEVER be out of a job."

Then looking over to the goddess he said, "Isn't that right, Kiara?" He then gave her a wink.  Truth be told, Kiara Sullivan probably knew what he meant all too well, for she had been around for so long.  The bottom line was that no matter how much society tried to better itself, it would NEVER change.  At least, that was how Demetrius saw things.

Later that night, the Spartan would probably find an open bar somewhere, then just drink the night away.  For him, every victory called for a "celebration" of some kind.  Some wondered if all the drinking was somehow meant to wash away the memory of all the men the Greek had killed.  Whatever the case, the next morning held a special challenge.  Apparently, the Peacemakers would making a special trip to..... the palace of Baghdad.
Misery Index

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Misery Index
"knock Knock knock" Someone Banged On The door as The two Boys watched an Episode Of Tom and jerry, " who Is it?"  Steve asked with his Squeaky Voice echoing throughout The hollow room" Its the mistress, is Lionel awake?"  Steve Pointed towards The window , and Lionel knew Instantly That The Orphanage was On his track., he threw On his jean jumpsuit and Black reebok Sneakers and rushed towards the window" hurry up, if they catch you  yo....!" Before  steve could finish his sentence two police officers kicked the door down with a large crackling bang, and stormed into the room" Crap!" Lionel said as he jumped out  the window Onto The Slanted roof Top * thump* "ouch crap" He said as he banged his knee Of The adobe like roof surface. The Police car was right in front Of the house Entrance, he jumped on top of the cop car" Hurry up down stairs Harley!" The police Officer with his head poked Out the window said as he watched Lionel go into a full sprint Into The grassy Meadows." nuh eh..uh huh..nuh" Lionel Grunted as he Fled , The exertion  Of the run was starting to hinder Him. The cop car siren started to go off, and soon , he found himself Trailed by a speeding Car" dammit! No!"
he chanted to Himself as he Accelerated In speed. After 15 minutes Of full sprinting he found Himself out of breathe, in need of some rest. he Collapsed to the floor, panting deeply as he glared behind to see the Car slowing down with its headlights beaming brightly In his eyes in the cracking dawn." no Please..i dont want to go back, please"The two officers came out of The Car , and walked towards  Lionel slowly, noticing The fear in his eyes." youve shouldve listened and stayed in the orphanage, you are considered an A wall Occupant, and will remain there even longer, it sucks to be you kid" The officer lifted lionel off the floor with a fiant grunt" get off!, get the Hell off..I dont want to go! stop please, Mom!! MOM!!!" The officers  Took Lionel In custody Until The orphanage was able to take him back in

"So you thought you could just run away? A female figure asked as Lionel sat In a Wooden chair in a Dark Quaker Like Room. The lady Held a leather strap in her hand, and slapped it across her hand, the impact Caused Sheer terror In Lionels Heart" now you will have to Pay the consequences Of your actions Little Leo" *SMACK*  The woman hit lionel with the strap across the face, he fell out of the chair onto The floors with a large welt across his face.The abuse did end either, she continued to beat The poor lionel, screams Of dismay Erupted the room." don't...you...ever...do...that...again...do...you....hear...me!" she said with each lick Of the strap, until suddenly" STOP IT!!!" lionel got up from the floor , bruised and battered, and Punched The mistress in the stomach, she collapsed to the floor Gasping For air for The wall rupturing Punch" I HATE YOU!!!!" lionel began to Stomp On the mistresses face Repeatedly, as Blood Began to rush from her nostrils. He stomped her so Much that Her surface skin was Punctured By her cheek bone. * BANG!!* "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! a man said as he busted Through the door, Lionel paused and stared at the man, and then Looked at The bloodied mistress"oh no...not again...not The anger.." Lionel Collapsed To The floor, as the man Called The cops, Lionel was In for a Lot Of trouble.

2 Months after Lionels Brutal attack of Rage, he had a court Case against the Women he beaten, he caused severe damage to her face, and was sentenced 2 years In prison, with The possibility Of parol in 6 months. Life In Juvenile prison was hard for lionel, he fought and got beaten up alot, people at His disgusting lunch, they pissed His Sheets and they only got changed once a week. It was an awful life for a 10 year old. Soon he began to wish he were dead, no one wrote him from the outside world, he didnt have anyone to call, he wasnt visited,and he didnt have any friends until one day

"He man whats up, long time no see?" Lionels face widdened with delight, his older brother Rodney appeared at his Lunch table One day " rodney? what are you doing in this prison? i thought you were somewhere else? Lionel said with delight , rodney Nodded " i was but i got transfered here....but..WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN PRISON? i saw you from the other table and was baffled..dude..mom would kill you" Lionel explained the story , and Rodney seemed intriuiged by The story" that B!tch, i wouldve stomped her barins out myself, this place is not for you, your too young lionel, and i wouldve never expected to see you here of all places , im 16 and i still cant get a hold of this place" Rodney lowered his head in disappointment, and The conversation needed after that.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Darkchild
Iraq 1990

A place rampant with chaos and death, I have little to do here. These people have been at this since our kind first tipped their egos into fighting during the Crusades. Pitiful that these creatures are such blood ridden they cant help but kill each other. For a time I pitied them, that they were all born into an endless cycle of killing and depravity. Many of their own leaders would sink low in parts of their lives to make it be they were the ones on top. We all know that the humans are such predictable fodder for our war cannons to blast through when that day comes, but sometimes its disappointing when your always right.

Walking through the gaza the dead an dying are still reeling from the days before. The mindless creatures of nature still firing away with their toys and not having a care who they effect in the long run, as I said before I do pity these creatures from time to time. And when that pity gets too great...I tend to act out.

An Iraqi soldier rounds a corner and a woman and child sit clutching each other. I sit atop one of the broken buildings to the right of the soldier, he stares at the pair for a brief moment before pulling the trigger. Their bodies fall into pieces as the high powered machine gun tears into their skin, lumps of body fall as the bullets slam into their bodies. And I watch, a small bit of irritation swells within my gut as I stand dropping down behind him. Not making a sound I wait for him to turn around, and after he unloads another clip into their bodies he swings around and my hand grabs him by the chin. Screaming in Arabic I understand him clearly, even though it has been a hundred years since I was last here "Monster! Release me, your people are what started this. Now let us finish it." He spits in my face, and I crack my neck for a moment staring into his eyes. Anger does not swell in me as it should only a sense of pity as I slam his body hard into the wall beside me. His spine breaks and he falls paralyzed, he stares at me an screams with his eyes. I kneel down in front of him "Your people know of how we instigated all of this those many years ago?" My hands on my knees, my wings unfold flapping for a moment stretching before wrapping around my waist.

He does not answer physically but his hatred speaks to me, I smile standing up picking his motionless body up with one finger. I hold him out looking him over before I speak "Then you are all fools. We had planned on it subjegating you for 300 years not this long. We had hoped that religion would be destroyed because of those days of fighting, pity we really misjudged you humans. And this planet, your all fools. Why couldnt you just deal with the fact, that the demon father (God) gave you free choice. Your all such fools." Quickly I break his neck finally ending his black hell. Sending him to an even worse hell, well for him its worse. I find that living in this place rather than my true home is much like a hell.

Although I will give these creatures one thing, they do know how to make a long day less bothersome with their liquids. I soon make myself over to a bar off from the gaza where the stupid and gun totting still run. Wandering in I find a man I havnet seen since the early 1800s. And even before then my mother spoke of this man born of Spartan genes  I walk over he sees what he has always seen when he looks at me, my true self. Not the human monster everyone else sees, he sees the real Gen Esis.

"What the hell are you doing here? Ares not shoot his sp$%k far enough to make sure you arnt always in a fight?" I laugh as I reach over grabbing a bottle of brandy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She kicks, He blocks. He punches, She dodges. In mere seconds Vincent and Valerie had fought all the way from the deserts of Iraq to the heart of Paris, France. In their wake they had decimated nearly a third of the city and were close to bringing the Eiffel Tower down on their heads. Bolts of Kinetic Energy and Beams of Willpower Energy were flying in all directions, hitting everything but their intended targets. After tearing a metal beam off of the Eiffel Tower, Vincent smashed it over Valerie's head and then kicked her off of the tower and down into the streets below. Discarding the beam, Vincent leaped off of the Tower and touched down in a nearby parking lot.

Knowing that Valerie would be upon him any moment, Vincent grabbed the two Vans closest to him, whirled around and tossed them directly at Valerie just as she appeared overhead. Vincent watched in astonishment as Valerie narrowly evaded both vans and with the aid of her Willpower Ring...tossed them both directly back at her Father. Using a kinetic energy bolt Vincent destroyed both vans in mid-air before they had a chance to reach him and then focused his attention on bringing Valerie down as quick as possible.

Vincent began unleashing wave after wave of kinetic energy at Valerie all the while hoping that one of them would just bring her down already so he could make his escape and go into hiding before she decided to send for back-up. But much to Vincent's dismay Valerie kept dodging each attack with relative ease, making it harder and harder to accomplish his goal.

Elsewhere...

"History is not playing out as it should, at the rate she's going she'll kill her Father and forever alter the course of Future History. If Vincent Monroe dies now then everything that occurs directly after the moment of his Death onward shall go horribly wrong. The lives of the most important players will spiral out of control, many will die while those who live will become corrupted by power and greed. This is something we cannot allow to happen!"

"The Continuum has been damaged, a rift is opening up between The Omniverse and The Outer Dark, things that have never seen the light of our days have escaped and their corrupting influence is changing the course of History. But not just our History mind you, but also the Histories of countless other realities. However, there is little we can do about this dilemma...for now at least. Until then we must wait and we must watch."

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sovereign Son

"FIVE OF YOUR COMMANDING OFFICERS HAVE BURST EAR DRUMS" He stood swaggering back and forth,the stench of yesterdays beer fest, hung on his clothes, like a new born baby suckling on it's mothers tit. The voice of the General began to break into a steady drone of noise, That Sovereign Son blocked out. Freaking heat was killing him, He just wished this pompous prick would shut the hell up so he could go get another drink "You would be a damn perfect weapon if you got your sh!t intact Lockhart" The General fell into his green leather back chair and ran a hand into his aging grey hair. "What happened to you son. One of this worlds best heroes and look at you, You can barley stands it breaks my heart to even see you like this." Mike's eyes locked on to the general and he smiled "What happened to me....." Mike said rubbing his hand over his five o'clock shadow, Two large bags under his eyes seemed to illuminate the angry that boiled to the raging blue eyes. "I gave up caring about this sh!t stain of a world. Look at you sitting behind that desk giving orders to men, who die for what, Profit. F@ck you sir, You have not seen half the sh!t I have to stick up with. I'm not a mutant or some super solider with a needle up his ass. Im not a Greek god or some f@cking fallen angel....I'm a prick who knows how to kill and sir you should remember that sh!t before you pull me in for some bullsh!t dress down, because a few pencil necks don't know how to turn off a f@cking radio.Now if that's everything SIR, I will be taking my leave." The General neck snapped up his green eyes flamed with rage as he stood erect. He went to scream,  but was lost for words as he watched the back of a green uniform reach his door. Lifting his tirger finger Lockhart smile as he opened the door "Swing on it sir, you and the whole f@cking British army can suck my dick and chock on it, f@cking yanks are better then this BS" The door slammed shut as the Generals muffled screams slammed against it.

The heat broke down on him as if it had it own person vendetta against the man. Lockhart had just told a five star General where to stick it and the worst thing was, Not even that would get him chucked out the army. No doubt the general would try his best, But lockhart was a peacemaker and far to dangerous for the Brits to hand over to anyone else. They may try and kill him and god they had tried before. But how do you kill a man trained to do your governments dirty work. The general was right, he had once been a great hero, They called him Last Arrow. But what the hell do we care that's a different story. This is about him now and in this war, His body was shacking by the time he got to the bar, A few of the men moved out his way. It was stupid to start a fight with anyone in this bar. The giant Greek douche and some fat twat sat at the end of the bar drinking to a great battle. "Two shots of any of the p!ss you are passing as liquor and a bottle of scotch and I swear to god if it is watered down I will cut your eyes out." The Bartender looked at him and with shaky hands passed him his drinks. After slamming down the first poor excuse for a shot the bar seemed a little bit better. The wooden floors that where sticky, be it from sweat or spilt alcohol that would never be cleaned did not seem so bad, even the smell was stand able after the second shot. Looking over to the other peacemaker he lifted his glass.

A firm hand met his shoulder "Sir please put down the glass and come with us" Nothing in this world sh@t Mike more then MP's. It seems the general would not give up as easy as the other before him had. "Boy's you got about one...." He was cut short as he felt a rush of cold air flash past his face, one of the Mp's had pulled his night stick. Twirling round and twisting the first MP's hand he brought the man to his knees, just in time to catch the others nightstick. "Stupid." Lockhart said as he brought his foot into the stomach of the man holding the nightstick, throwing the other man across the room, he hared a snap as the mans wrist twisted. Turning back to his drink about fourteen heavily armed men entered the room. Their feet gave them away, infantry by the sounds of it each carrying pistols. In between them was lighter feet...The Generals aftershave filled the bar. Turning again this time the glass in his hand he smiled and the general smiled back "I came for that finger of yours freak." . The glass flew across the room as Sovereign Son  dived at the general pushing him back into the fourteen men standing at the door. "Its all you'rs d!ckhead."

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chaos Agent

War changes everything. It changes the way you perceive the world, it changes your very nature and makes your forget all of your principles and sacrifice them in order to preserve your body and flesh, in the end of any war a soldier has to look at the mirror and ask himself if all that sacrifice was worth it, if taking the lives of people he never met because his country told him it was the right thing to do was wise, if he is really saving his country or just destroying another. This is a question that Jason Hamilton is facing right now, he joined the military on the request of his "father" to gain great knowledge of the battlefield and learn how to transmit his great strategies of the games he learned as a child to a real environment.

"It's not worthy" whispered the man who would one day become the first Nighthunter as he realized that for the first time in his life he had taken the life of another man, how by following the orders of the peacemakers he had crossed a line he had never before, after you kill someone there's no going back, you take his future away of him and with it everything he was meant to be, for what he knew one of those men could have found the cure of cancer or a response to humanity's hunger but now they would never have a chance, they are now faceless ghosts that won't be returning of this senseless war, all because of him.

Jason closes his eyes in order to remember what happened that afternoon before going to sleep, he remembers the sound of the guns and granades and how his teamates rushed to battle way before he could even react, he listens to the pilot ordering him to jump from the helicopter and so he does, following orders like a little good soldier. Ever since he was a boy, Jason not only proved to be one of the greatest if not the greatest strategist of our time, he also proved to be a natural in any athletic way, those two combined made him an ally that you claim to have on your side and an opponent that no army wants to encounter in the battlefield.

As Jason jumps from the helicopter he grabs his weapons and starts shooting at everyone that is on his way, people die but he doesn't notice at the moment or to say it better, he didn't realice what he did, thanks in great part to the adrenaline that he feels at the moment, many enemy soldiers expect him to land in a few seconds and then be overcomed by their numbers, however unknown to them Jason has a modernised version of the gauntlet of the sky used by the CIA in the 60's, as soon as he lands on the ground the helicopter takes him back there again.

As he returns to the helicopter he grabs his sniper and like Lockhart before him he starts to take down enemies from the distance without having any real danger, he then notices that a few yards away there's a tank of gasoline for the vehicles of the troops of Vietnam, Jason smiled and points at the gasoline tank ready to shoot. "Go towards the tanks, we need to move closer!" orders Jason to the pilot moments before he pulls the trigger, after that a few bullets go through the air and penetrate the shelf of the tank, freeing the liquid over the troops. After that Jason rushed to grab one of the cigars that Demetrious was smoking a few minutes ago and turns one on, after that he throws it to the gasoline and big flames are started all over the area.

Dozens of bodies are burned and roll over trying to take out the flames, Jason then realizes what he has done and tears can be seen falling from his eyes. "This is madness" whispers Jason to himself and the continues his part of the fight against the enemy troops. Once they achieve victory, the peacemakers reunite and salute for their victory, demetrious does a comment that grabs Jason's attention, he said that humanity would never be able to evolve from being an agressive species, in his words of course.

That had made Jason think all night. Was humankind really that far from salvation? Then is it wrong to believe that a man with the right ideals and purposes can win a war? That one man can change the world? After that Jason finally is able to fall asleep, a few hours later he wakes up in oder to prepare himself for the next mission, knowing that it will be like last night.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By talon_x23

“Dawn” her voice bellowed as Dawn plunged his pillow over his head trying to gain a few more moments of sleep before being tortured by this mad woman of death. “Go away I don’t want to die” X sighed. Dawn was one of her students she trained him and ruthlessly. “I don’t want to do this” she though. Spinning herself around she kicked open the door. Michel jumped from his bed and picked up his gun pointing at her violently. She placed her hand on her hips looking at the young by and smiled “Get dressed you got a mission”. He looked at her his blue eyes staring at her “What” “Um mission I’m still a rookie I can’t..”  “You are and will and now get the Hell Dressed or I’ll make sure you die”. She then left the room her mind racing thinking of a distraction a plan. This were different here but even if she was to escape where was she to go. “Miss” a voice from behind said. She turned around and as she did her long black hair spun like silk in the wind. The agent before her held a letter that was scent from an unknown source. Cautiously she was about to open it when. “I’m here I’m here now what’s the mis….” “Shhh” Her hand quickly moved over the boys’ mouth muffling the last word. She gave him a stone hard glare. “Any louder I don’t think they heard you all the way in New Your City” he looked at her in curiosity till her sea blue eyes drifted to the letter. “What’s that?” he asked while she began to open it “I don’t know but I think it’s….” Here eyes widened as she finally saw who the letter was from and why.

She grabbed Michel’s hand and raced down the hall the letter firmly in her hand. Michel went along with it even though her had not Idea what was going on. Michel was merely a boy yet experience he on many occasions had been congratulated for his conduct during his stay at the Facility. He cared for X much she was like a mother to him though her dare not revile that to her or risk being attacked. Michel was a tall slender boy. His bright blue eyes and curly brown hair stood out if nothing else “Miss you need to tell me what’s going on” he demanded firmly grabbing her wrist and keeping his hand there. She looked at the boys hand and then at him “Trouble something big that could cost us our lives if we were to get involved.” “Then why are we” she looked away from him and then said in a saddened voice “No I am”. Pulling her hand away she continued to walk toward the air hanger. For a moment Michel stood there thinking about what she said and about her behavior.

“This is to fast” she though while ravaging her covered hands through her hair. It was her only chance back home and his there was no time for mistakes. She reached the detention facility and to her dismay the same guard was on duty. He folded his hand and looked at her with a stern stare “Mam I’m sorry but your unable to access this holding cell.” “I know” tightening her fist she punched him good and hard. He fell to the floor and she quickly used his access code to let her enter the cell. It was dark and wet she could smell blood and pain. “James” she said nervously. There was no reply only a low heavy breathing coming from the corner. Moving closer towad the sound she could soon make out the figure of a man in his mid twenties or at least appearing to be. He was bleeding badly. There was a pond of blood where he sat. She kneeled down and touched his face brushing her brown hair so she could see her forest eyes once more. She was then stopped by his muscular hand that tightened itself around her wrist. Her teeth clenched in pain but then he spoke in a low rough voice “Who are yah” she had completely forgotten about what they had done to him before, “Please” she said “I’m here to help you get out go back home”. He pulled her toward him sniffing her neck and hair. She sighed and closed her eye this was not what she expected but she was glad that she was again close to him. “You’re tellin the truth” he said in a surprised tone but remained unemotional, “Yes” shaking her head she slowly pulled out her hand from his grip and held in brining it up to his chest. “There’s not much time the guard it knocked out but more will be on their way soon.”

Placing his hand around her neck she let him lean on her to stable himself. He was a strong man the only reason he was suffering was due to his healing factor shutting down with all those drugs they gave him. She took one more glance at him and smiled. They made their way out of the cell and into the open. She had timed this perfectly so that most of the guards would be off duty. Knowing that he was wounded they stood no change taking on the HYDRA alone. “Hay” Dawns voice echoed in her hears. She turned her eyes to behind her where he stood staring at the man leaning on her. “Wait that’s w..w..weapon..w…” She shot him a glance “X, what are you doing?” he asked. There was no time for this any second the next guard would be making his rounds.

“Are you with me or against me” “With me” he replied swiftly. “I’m coming with you” “No your not” and that was a fact. “You’re my trainer I’ll go where ever you go.” “If you leave with me you’ll be chased you entire life by this place”. Placing his hands on his hips her sighed  “This is not a debate X”. Looking down she answered “No it’s not”. Pulling out from her belt a small gun she pointed it at him. He looked at the weapon and then at her “Why” “You don’t know what you are doing” she simply said and fired. The force of the shot blasted him against the wall and knocked him out. Knowing that he would be alright she continued with James down the hall. “Why djcha  do that?” he asked but she did not reply.

They entered the air hanger and were met with dozens of agents weapons ready and aimed at them. She sighed and looked at James who was still not at full strength. A man then stepped forward and looked at her his eyes covered by sun glasses. “We do not want to do this” he said plainly “Well sorry but I do”. “Then you give us no choice, men…” but before he conclude he was stopped by a large breach in the air hanger. It took X to realize what had just happened. All the men were on the floor as well her herself.  Looking forwarded she saw to feet and then the figure crouched down with a smiled on his face “I know exactly what I’m doing X” Dawn said offering his hand. Gladly she took it and the two of them entered the air craft. Once they were all seated and tightly he sat down and placed his hands on the control. Looking behind him to X and James “Hold on you two love birds it’s going to be a bumpy ride”.  James looked at X in curiosity “What did that kid mean” nervously she answered “Long story”.                                                       

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vincent was unable to keep up with his daughter's merciless onslaught anymore, he was too old and she was too strong, but he refused to allow himself to be placed in a Sciencell once more so he kept fighting. He kept fighting until he could fight no more and then began to fight even harder. Vincent's knuckles had split open, his entire body was covered in burn marks and huge gashes, he was also bleeding quite profusely. But he didn't care, all Vincent cared about was retaining his freedom, deciding it was now or never Vincent leapt at Valerie with his glowing fist raised high into the air. He would smash her head into the pavement, he would take her down and then he would escape or at least that was what he intended to do. Unfortunately fate had other plans in store for him.

Valerie raised her glowing Willpower Ring and pointed it directly at Vincent, her eyes began to brim with tears as she allowed her own kinetic energy powers to flow through her Willpower and in a single instant unleashed a beam of energy which tore Vincent in half. "I'm so sorry Father...but you had to be brought down...one way or another." Valerie dropped to her knees, sobbing quitely as she did so.

Elsewhere...

"Vincent Monroe is dead. DEAD! What do we..."

"I already have a plan set in mind. We'll replace the deceased Vincent Monroe with the only other version of him in the Omniverse who no longer has a home. We shall free the Vincent Monroe of Earth-61388 from his prison inside the Continuum and unleash him upon the inhabitants of The Core Universe."

"The Vincent Monroe of Earth-61388? You mean King Hyperion, don't you? Are you out of your mind Grandmaster?! That incarnation of Vincent Monroe is too dangerous to be set free, he's a wild card whose presence in any reality brings death, destruction and uncertainty! The risk is too great, Grandmaster I implore you not to go down this dark path, surely there must be another version of Vincent Monroe that we..."

"There is not. King Hyperion is the only version of Vincent Monroe we can use without drastically altering the History of another reality. I'll admit that I am not too fond of using this particular Vincent Monroe to restore that which has been thrown into a near-inescapable tangent which could very well result in Universal Armageddon but we have no other choice." The Grandmaster said as he opened a rift into the Continuum.

"Grandmaster please...don't do this!" the young Apprentice begged.

"I already told you that we have no other choice. This man of broken dreams and blood and rage is our only hope." The Grandmaster replied as he reached into the Continuum and grabbed something or rather someone. He pulled his arm out of the Continuum as fast as possible and then turned his attention to the portal which both he and his young Apprentice had been using to view everything that was occurring within The Core Universe. In his hand the Grandmaster tightly grasped a small human figure who, to both The Grandmaster and his Apprentice, was no larger than a small action figure.

"You must reconsider this course of action! He's too..." but before The Apprentice had a chance to finish his sentence The Grandmaster pushed him aside, swung his arm back like he was preparing to pitch a baseball and tossed the human into the Core Universe portal as hard as he possibly could.

"It is done...there can be no going back now. May God have mercy on our souls." The Grandmaster whispered sadly.

Baghdad, Iraq

The once clear blue skies above the Capital City of Iraq had been consumed by the largest, darkest and perhaps most violent storm the people of Iraq had ever borne witness to. Multiple paths of Crimson and Violet hued cloud-to-cloud bolts of lightning illuminated the Heavens but as the paths continued to spread out and grow something at the heart of the storm to appear. It was almost as if the lightning was prying the Universe itself open with the intent of creating a maelstrom-like fissure in the fabric of time and space. Upon realizing that this was no natural storm and that the fissure was growing at an alarmingly fast rate, the citizens of Baghdad began running for their lives.

As the fissure continued to grow the ground began to shake violently, but the quakes were not limited to just Baghdad, indeed all of Iraq was being affected by the quakes. Then without any warning a massive Sonic Boom erupted in the skies above, destroying every single glass window and object in the city, the fissure was beginning to twist and turn in an unnatural manner. The citizens of Baghdad began to panic even more as they felt the air being sucked away from them and being pulled directly up into the fissure. Then it happened...the fissure's gaping maw opened wider and spewed forth a blazing red comet which slammed into the center of the city, resulting in a massive explosion that consumed the heart of Baghdad and incinerated anything and everyone within a three mile radius.

With that the fissure closed back up, the storm dispersed, the quakes halted themselves and an abundance of fresh air flowed into the lungs of Baghdad's citizens. With everything back to normal a large contingent of Iraqi Soldiers began making their way into the heart of Baghdad where the blazing red comet had crash-landed. Seconds later the curious citizens of Baghdad, who had emerged from their hiding places, watched in horror as the charred corpses of the Iraqi Soldiers came flying out of the heart of Baghdad and came crashing back down to Earth.

But their attention immediately shifted to the skies above as man in a Black and Silver spandex uniform with a long, flowing black cape flew high above the city and shouted "I'm free? I'M FREE!" as loud as he was possibly able. This man...an alternate reality incarnation of Vincent Monroe from a dead world who possessed different abilities, weaknesses and  personality than his dearly departed Core Universe counterpart, roared with laughter as he soared off into the Wild Blue Yonder in search of new and exciting adventures.

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Spartan

Being Televised on CNN...

"This just in:" a female reporter for CNN said up on the television screen.  "The war in Iraq has taken a new course, as the troop surge implemented by President Bush is having a positive effect.  Now, the big issue is the use of a new special operations unit known as the Peacemakers."  With that, a photo of the four elite members of the group came up on screen.  "The question is," the reporter continued.  "What exactly is the role of this special group?  Are they the much-needed reinforcements that help the UN ensure world freedom, or are they simply a group of hired guns?"

The station then played several clips.  One clip showed a drunken Mike Lockhart in battle.  Another showed the Spartan marching through enemy lines blasting away with a smile on his face.  Then, the camera showed an image of a nice, somewhat peaceful location in Iraq labeled as "BEFORE," and then an image of that same town in devastating ruins from a mission involving the Peacemakers labeled as "AFTER."

Joining the woman on the air was a skinny, preppy looking individual wearing glasses, obviously in his early-to-mid twenties.  He was introduced as some random "expert" with a degree in political science.  "You see," the man said in a slightly high-pitched squeaky voice.  "Judging from the actions of these so-called 'heroes' if you will, where's the accountability?  From where I'm sitting, it looks as if they gallivant around the globe acting like some group of ENFORCERS.  Seriously now, look at the kind of people who are a part of the Peacemakers.  We have drunks, people of an extremely VIOLENT nature who have little-to-NO respect for human life whatsoever.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the kind of individuals that our children should look up to as their HEROES?  I think NOT...."

From there, the CNN Special Report continued its coverage into the debate on the Peacemakers.

Back in Iraq

The Spartan watched the program from his seat inside the bar.  Shaking his head with disgust, he looked over at the bartender and said, "Hey, turn that $hit off."  Through the eyes of Demetrius Arkelis, the media was becoming more and more liberal.  The direction in which society was headed was absolutely sickening.  Back in the days of Vietnam, the Spartan remembered coming to the United States and being met with immense protests.  People would call him a baby-killer, a monster, and things much worse.  Now, in 1990, the media was beginning to control the heart of the people.  It was as if the public wanted them to put on shiny costumes, dawn capes, and to throw all the bad guys in jail.

Sitting behind Demetrius in a corner of the bar was Jason Hamilton.  Something was different about him after that conflict.  Truth be told, the Spartan had seen that behavior many times and knew the signs all too well.  Jason was relatively young, at least compared to the Spartan.  Also, that was not just Demetrius, Kiara, and Mike being targeted by the media... Jason was being targeted as well.

After taking another puff of his cigar, Demetrius turned around in his seat and looked at Jason.  "Don't worry about it, kid." he said in a relaxed tone.  "....You get used to it after a while."  He then finished up his glass of scotch and ordered another.

However, the Spartan's quick pep talk was soon cut short as another figure entered the bar.  It was a being whom Demetrius had not interacted with since the 1800's.  As the man stepped into the establishment, he took a seat next to Demetrius then said in a smart ass-ed tone, "What the hell are you doing here? Ares not shoot his sp$%k far enough to make sure you aren't always in a fight?"

Shrugging it off, Demetrius replied saying, "You know me, once I got done with your sister, I came over for a REAL challenge.... Though I still haven't found one yet."  With a smile, he pat the stranger on the back and then said, "So Gene, what brings out you around these parts?  Your mother kick you out onto the streets again?"  As the two laughed and began to tell stories about "old times," in walked Mike Lockhart.  When Demetrius saw his fellow Peacemaker, he raised his glass out of respect, then went back to conversing with Darkchild.

Suddenly, the Spartan's eyes shifted towards the door.  He then watched as two men from the British ranks walked into the bar and began talking with Lockhart.  Then, they made the carnal mistake of trying to put their hands on the man.  Sure enough, Mike knew what he was doing.  He was able to neutralize both men in the blink of an eye.  Even when he was under the influence of liquor, the man was an instinctive fighting machine - a quality which Demetrius respected.

Demetrius knew that Lockhart was in full control.  Therefore, he saw no need to get involved.  However, another group walked into the bar.  From the looks of the man leading the group, he was a five star British general.  "$hit, what did he do this time...." Demetrius said to himself.  The men accompanying the general were all heavily armed.  After a brief exchange of words, Lockhart plunged into the group like a wolverine.  "Ah Hell...." the Spartan said, standing up from his seat.

Amidst all the commotion, the blast of a shotgun rang out.  Immediately, everyone stopped in their tracks.  The smoke cleared, revealing the Spartan standing tall with his shotgun pointed up towards the now shot-up ceiling.  "Alright, you f#ck holes," Demetrius said in a low tone.  "You're all so tough, so why don't you just try to make a move on ME..... and then see what happens."  Demetrius then laughed at the men.  "Seriously, what are you gonna do?  Shoot me?"

Looking around, Demetrius locked eyes with the British general.  He then placed to tip of his shotgun against the man's chin and made him slowly rise to his feet.  As he looked into the man's eyes, the Spartan said, "What makes you think I won't kill you, huh?  What's to stop me?  In fact, what's to stop me and the rest of the Peacemakers from just pulling out of this war and leaving you to fight your own God d@mned battles?"  Demetrius then looked over at Lockhart to make sure he was alright and good to go.  He then looked back over at the general and his men.

"Now, I believe you came in here to get something from Lockhart."  Still keeping the muzzle of his gun pressed up on the general's chin, the Spartan looked over at Sovereign Son and gave him a nod.  Then, looking back toward the general, Demetrius said, "I think Lockhart's ready to give it to you now....."  He then said to Sovereign Son with a smile, "He's all yours...."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Location Unknown.

"Where are they? Tell me now or I'll kill you!" Vincent roared as he began strangling an intensely frightened five-star U.S. General.

"I-I don't k-know who y-you're...AAACCCKKK!!!" The General was unconvincing in his attempts to feign ignorance concerning the identities of Vincent's prey and so Vincent tightened his grip.

"You are LIEING! You know exactly who I am talking about! You know about the beings of great power who are aiding you in the War against these...these Iraqi people!" Vincent yelled.

The General, who obviously valued his own life far more greatly than the lives of those to whom Vincent was referring, began telling him everything he could. "T-They...they're called The Peacemakers. They are all part of some special ops unit that was created by The United Nations a while back. There are four members: Demetrius Arkelis, Mike Lockhart, Kiara Sullivan and Jason Hamilton. The last I heard anything about them was that...that they were heading off to Baghdad in an attempt to storm the Palace there! B-But I don't know of their current whereabouts! H-Honest!" The General stammered.

"Four? But I only sense great power coming from within two of them! Which two out of the four Peacemakers are considered to be the most powerful? ANSWER ME!" Vincent growled.

After taking a moment to collect his thoughts The General began speaking once more. "D-Demetrius and Kiara...they have always been c-considered the most powerful. Some people believe that Kiara is a Goddess and that Demetrius is a 2,000 year old Greek Warrior. But i-it's all a load of crap if y-you ask me! That whole unit is made up of idiots, psychopaths and drunken misfits! We'd all probably be better off if the entire group was wiped off the face of the Earth! Take Mike Lockhart for example...he always shows total disrespect towards his superior officers. Not to mention that he is always wasted, even when he heads into battle! They all need to be put down like the..."

"Okay, I get the point. You hate them all and wish they were dead. Well...by the time I am through with Demetrius Arkelis and Kiara Sullivan at least two of these so-called Peacemakers will be dead, but only after I have stripped them both entirely of their powers and abilities. Which I will you know...my insatiable hunger for more power is too great to be denied." Vincent said softly as he gently placed the General back onto the ground and released his grip on the old man's throat. Vincent then ascended into the Heavens above and began making his way back towards Baghdad.
talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By talon_x23

As they flew across the Atlantic ocean Dawn could not help but wonder what was going on. One moment he was an agent in the Facility located in Canada now he was flying over the Atlantic his only hint about where they were going was some where in Asia. “I wish she would tell me something” he muttered while piloting. X and James where in a separate area shut off form where he was. The air craft was quiet roomy. It had three quarters  and a piloting room where he was in. This was one of the experimental crafts that he had hijacked and gladly it worked. As the radar scanned the surrounding region  it picked up no enemy fighter. This was Dawns second year in piloting he had started and a junior and moves briskly through the ranks. But as always his age stopped him form going any further.  Blowing his brown hair out of his face he could see that they were approaching Europe. “Great a war why do I have to fly over a war zone” he wined to himself. He new about the war with Kuwait and America sending reinforcements  to aid them. He did not like the fact of going into such dangerous turf with out an explanation. “Where’re going to die” said out loud making sure that X would hear him. Michel was 17 and had a life to live but some where between being an assassin and killing people he kind of lost the personality of a normal young man.

Meanwhile X was in the infirmary nursing James back to health.  She had forced him to lay down and let her deal with his wounds instead of just leaving him as he would have preferred. He was a very impatient man and did not like the facet of being incapacitated. “Hay watch it Idiot!” he growled at her his teeth clenched” she did not seem to pay any mind to his curses and commands at all.  Her mind was on one thing: getting him back to health. Bandaging his hand she gazed into hi deep brown eyes. Those were the eyes of an animal but she saw much more. Compaction, love loyalty and friendship. He seemed oblivious to her intentions and that is what made him hostel. The moment she was done bandaging his arm he leaped from the table and staggered to regain his balance by leaning against the metallic cold wall. “You not fully healed yet you need rest” she pleaded grabbing his hand. Pulling it away fiercely and snarled at her his eyes in a frenzy “I don’t need yah compassion, I need to get outah here”. She could tell he was serious but was not about to loose him again. It had been ten years and she intended to stay with him.  “You don’t remember to you?” she said lowering her head. At the sound of her words he clamed himself and sighed “I don’t remember any thing”.  She walked over to him and gently touched his shoulder “I can help you, I know who you are”. He stared into her green eyes and said nothing only thinking if he wanted to. “Okay, go for it”. She sat him down and crossed her legs, playing with her fingers.

“Where do I start…….Alright how about the beginning. First thing you need to know is that your not from here non of us are only Dawn who is my student. You and I worked for HYDRA as I did here but in a different world an” she paused a moment trying to get the right word “An alternate reality”. He scoffed at her not hiding the fact that he did not believe a word she was saying but any way she continued “You and I were partners from a very early age. We um went on many dangerous missions and cam back unwounded. Then HYDR was experimenting on new technology that they had gotten their hands on and I was the gene pig.” Sitting down beside her he looked at her now seriously  “I’m not saying that I believe you but if we did come from a different reality like you say what’s so different about it”. She smiled hoping that he would ask that question. “We are from a place that use to be like this but then earth got it’s hands on technology far more advanced than they ever could have gotten in a million years. From there they evolved we evolved as the mutant race grew as well to such n extent that we were to many for earth to handle so colonies were created and planets inhabited. But threats came from many places. Like us the Sentinels evolved to such an extent that they had a mind and should they were sentient being”. She had gotten his attention completely but not only him.

Dawn had put the plain on auto pilot a while ago and was listening intently. James nodded his head as if saying continue and so she did. “Now on the test I was teleported to this world over 10 years ago you bravely went after me before all of this were kind of a thing. You sacrificed your life to save me and in the process you lost you memoires. And for the past 10 years have been doing every thing in my power to fine you and get us back. My real name is Raven and yours is James”. He got to his feet and sniffed the air. Walking around the corner he disappeared fro a moment then remerged holding Dawn by the ear. “Hay watch it okay” “This little brat was listening in”. X Stood to her feet and sighed looking at Dawn with a smile. “It’s ok” with that James dropped him and he fell to the floor. He looked at them both getting to his feet and straitening his attire. “Ok let me see if I get this striate you guys use to be dating like a hell of a long time ago and your both from this other sophisticated world, but then what the hell are we doing flying into a war zone huh” Dawn asked his voice almost shouting. “I have no intentions in getting involved with this world any further than I have, but I have an old friend that lives there and he’ll be able to tell me what I need to know.”  Placing his hand on his hips he looked at the two adults with a gleam in his eye and a proud smile on his face “Well then I guess we’ll be paying Iraq and the surroundings an unexpected visit then huh"....

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

The battle was once, but the war wasn’t over. I sacrificed another piece of my soul for the greater good. Or at least that’s what I kept telling myself It was. Killing the human race always tugged at my heart, always made me think back to the days when I had made the promise to Eve. I had broken it once more but I was sure she understood, but it didn’t stop the tears from streaming down my face. I’d be like this for a few days, crying because there was not a more peaceful method to stopping this war. But as far as I could see there wasn’t. We weren’t even allowed to kill Saddam just yet, that wasn’t because we didn’t have the orders though, it was because he played a greater role in the future. My comrades didn’t know this, but I did.

I sighed deeply, steeling myself for what was to come. I didn’t know about the present, but I was sure that this war would be fought again. It made me wonder why we had to fight it now if it was going to happen again, but I just washed it from my brain with another shot of whiskey and looked around at the people around me. The news was playing and they were ripping us apart. I laughed at that and had half the mind to send and astral projection to the station and debate with them. I wanted to tell those idiots that they knew nothing about us and that we had done more for them then they understood. Especially Jason, he was so young and I felt terrible for what they were saying about him.

The bar begin to get stuffy and I was considering leaving when he walked in. I’d met him many times before, and each time it seemed like we danced around each other in a never ending waltz. I had seen the future we had and it just made me pull my hood lower over my head as he greeted Demetrius and they began talking as old friends. I began to get uncomfortable so I moved to where Jason was. I gave him a smile and sat down. I could see the torment flitting across his face and again a piece of me reached out to him.

I sighed and spoke, “You know Jase, I’ve been doing this for many years. And it’s never gotten any easier. I’ve killed many and still it’s hard to accept that I took a life. I made a promise long ago to protect the human race, but I can’t protect them from themselves, but I also can’t stick by and watch them destroy each other. I sometimes wonder why I do it, but then I remember that it’s my duty as a hero. I have to protect them and destroy them. I’m forever locked in this dance where I have to be their greatest ally or there worst nightmare. It gets tedious and I want to give up at times, but then I remember the reason I started this.”

I peaked at him from under my hood not sure if I was getting through, or if I even made any sense. Finally I just spoke in a low voice and said the simplest thing I could, “Follow what’s in your heart, it will never lead you astray.”

After that I sat with him in silence, that was until hell broke loose in the bar and someone toed the line with Michael. I sighed and stood as Demetrius held a gun to someone’s throat. I didn’t rightly know what was going on, but I knew that in order for our group to be effective we had to keep a united front. So without thought I placed a hand on Demetrius’ shoulder and gave him the “Don’t take this too far” look. This was Michael’s fight this time and I gave the General a steely gaze that told him I’d finish it if he did something I didn’t like. Michael wouldn’t like it if I did that, but I was past caring what the boys liked or didn’t like. I wasn’t just worried about the human race, I was worried about keeping our rag tag team together. And I’d do anything to make sure they all stayed alive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vincent could literally taste the power emitting from the beings called Demetrius Arkelis and Kiara Sullivan as he passed over a war-torn city. He came to a jolting stop and landed on the ground...where he began incinerating and destroying everything and everyone in sight.

"WHERE ARE THEY?! WHERE ARE DEMETRIUS ARKELIS AND KIARA SULLIVAN?! TELL ME!" Vincent yelled as he tossed an automobile at a group of British and American Soldiers who were coming to try and stop Vincent's rampage.

When Vincent didn't recieve any answers whatsoever, his tirades became far more violent. He had to get his prey's attention somehow, he had to draw them out from whatever hole they were hiding in, but how? He had just decimated three city blocks and no one worth Vincent's time was coming to the aid of the people, just a bunch of American and British cannon-fodder. What kind of heroes were these Peacemakers? Weren't they supposed to be protecting the world from evildoers? But then Vincent remembered...they were just a bunch of weapons being used by The United Nations of this Universe in order to win Wars and other types of meaningless squabbles.

Vincent looked around at the carnage and devastation he had wrought and frowned. "It's not enough...I need to do more. I need to kill more. I need to destroy more."

With this task set in mind Vincent rose into the air and began unleashing massive bolts of kinetic energy in every direction, massive explosions began to erupt at various points across the city killing hundreds of people in the process, if this act of devastation failed to attract his prey's attention then nothing would. But he was sure that these cowards would soon emerge from their hiding spots once they saw the burning corpses of innocent civilians and soldiers raining down from the Heavens above. Then they would come to face him...and both Demetrius Arkelis and Kiara Sullivan would be his for the taking. The thought of being able to rip them both open and suck the power directly from their corpses made Vincent salivate heavily, he licked his lips in anticipation for the feast to come.

"Your power will be mine, do you hear me Demetrius Arkelis and Kiara Sullivan?! YOUR POWER WILL BE MINE! IT WILL ALL BE MINE!" Vincent roared with laughter as a massive explosion tossed several city blocks into the Heavens and sent them flying out towards the Desert.

Elsewhere...

"Grandmaster...how could you have allowed this?" The Apprentice said to himself as he watched Vincent unleash destruction and chaos upon the denizens of The Core Universe.

UnAmerican Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UnAmerican Hero

The pair of boys step onto the bus and sit down in their assigned seats. Fifty plus kids from the ages of five years to eleven, there is no doubt the bus was rowdy as always. Kalib’s stop was the last one for the morning and the ride was only about twenty minutes. Once they pulled up in front of one of ’s Elementary School. The students were guided to their class room by teachers that had bus-line and hall duty. Kalib waves goodbye to Lil’ Joe and they go to their respective class rooms.

Kalib enters his class room and drops his book bag and coat off in his cubby. His classmates play around and have their own conversations while he just stands in front of the chalk board watching. Then the principle starts talking over the intercom and leads the school in the Pledge of the Allegiance. At this age Kalib didn’t have any real comprehension of the world outside his bubble; which was school, home and his neighborhood. So not thinking anything of it goes along with the Pledge. As soon as they finished, the class sits down as a whole, except Kalib that is.

“Kalib, please take your seat.” His teacher Mrs. Williams requested of him. Looking over at her with an annoyed face he replies simply with, “Why?” Kalib has already worn the lady’s patience thin over the year and she’s trying her hardest not to lose it on the kid. “Because the Pledge is over and we need to start class.” “So…?” His stubborn disobedience forces the women to become stern. She quickly walks over to him and practically shouts, “Sit down. Now!” Kalib doesn’t sit down or say a word. He just looks her dead in the eye. The three seconds of eye contact seamed like hours as the room was silent and the other children watched to see what would happen next.

Out of the blue Kalib calmly says, “My legs hurt…” and sits down in his chair. It was his way to say, “I’m sitting down, but not because you told me to.” With out getting in trouble. Mrs. Williams sighs, rolls her eyes and says, “Fine… now for class…” In the front row, Kalib pays attention to every word his teacher said and was intrigued by it. You see he had no problem with learning and actually liked to find out knew things but he really loved challenging what he just learned. For the next few hours he would soak everything in and ask questions. Not just questions so he would understand better but questions to force his teacher to think it over again. And every time he got the woman to look at something in a different light, he would smile and keep a mental tally.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By talon_x23

They eventually landed and Dawn against his will was placed to remain with the craft till X and James returned.  All that X said was “I’m looking up an old friend and you can’t come” he was annoyed at that Dawn was not a kid but he was treated that way. The hot sun beat against his bare back as he leaned against the ship. Dawn was an outside man, he enjoyed the out doors and was good at survival. His brown hair blew in the vicious wind  as he removed his shirt. Staring out into the sandy desert set before him he sighed. “My, my all of this to fast.” He thought about what he would do. If what X said was true and that they were from a different world would he go with them or stay here. The thought lingered in his mind about his future often of who he was his parentage but leaving this world was to much for his mind to dwell on at least not at the moment.

“For fucking sake where did she go!” James wined as he covered his eyes from thee rays of the burning sum. James hated this all of it being approached by a woman claiming to know him and now they were here and he had lost her. A Strong wind blew the desert sand franticly. His hands where in his pockets as he scanned the surrounding area. There was nothing no buildings no nothing. It looked like a bomb had been dropped and left the entire lad barren.  “What the Hall am I doin here any how,” He was about to call for her when he saw her standing before him. Her black sleek hair blowing in the wind like a bird. Her pail skin partly tanned from the intense heat of the devilish sun. he felt an odd sensation toward her as if there had been something that he jus realized her. He stared at her body scanning them for faults but finding non. Her suite fitter her like a second skin reviling all the protruding and curves  of her body. After shaking it off her walked toward her and glared at her his rough eye brows knitted. “Ehem?” but she gave no response only kept staring out into the wilderness. Reaching out his hand he pulled her so that she was looked at him “Hay, bub  last time I checked we need to find this friend of yers” She stared at him blankly her eyes not moving. He shook her several times before she came to. “What..who” she said obviously startled. She clenched him tightly out of sheer terror. And James knew that what ever she saw must have been pretty bad.      

Dawn lay on the top of the craft gazing at the clear blue sky. He began to whistle a tune that came to his mind as his thoughts drifted off into oblivion. He began to feel his eyes slowly shut and even though her new it was wrong her began to drift off to sleep. He dreamed about his mother and father and about a family that he never knew. He wished that he could see a picture any thing to prove that they cared about him and he was actually borne. “Snicket” the sound made him sit up with speed. The sun was setting and a cool breeze began to decent onto the ground. He turned his head franticly looking to where the sound came from but found no source. Sliding off the craft he placed his bare feet on the now cool sand. He sighed and walked toward the door but found it slashed open. He soon felt anxiety pull at him but denied it and gathered his courage and went to take a closer look. The claws marks were in pair of two and he picked up an odd scent very like his and James. Curiosity over came him and he entered the ship.  Nothing seemed out of place except the door but every thing else as in place. “What’s going on" He said softly “Snicket” there is was again and it was a lot more closer. He walked around the corner and that’s when it happened. The next thing he knew he was on the floor a wound in his chest and looking up a young girl. Placing his hands on his would he staggered to his feet. The girl pointed her fits at him he could see anger burn with in her heart. “Hello there” “What are you doing here XL”. Looking at her in curiosity he asked “Who’s XL and I have no clue who you are or what you are talking about”. She remained staring at him her jade eyes burning with fire of the setting sun. “You are telling the truth” she observed. Nodding his head yes and smiling “Yah I am”. She lowered her hand to her side and scanned him intently. “That is not possible, your not suppose to be here” she said in confusion. “How do you know me” he demanded loosing the smiled. Looking back up to him she said “I know you in a later date in a different world much different to your own, but one thing I know, time and reality have been altered to an extent that out pasts and our worlds might change”.

The sun stetted across the dessert as the two figures made their way across the sandy dunes. X had not spoken a word since James had found her but he could she was worried. “What the hell is going on here, where are we goin,” She did not hear him or something for she showed no sine of registering what he had said. She had been leading him for over two hours away from the craft and James was at the brink of his patient. Grabbing her hand he pulled her toward him and looked at her. She appeared shocked at this action but it was not as shocking as what happened next. Pulling her wrists from his grip she pulled his head toward her and kissed him with such force that James felt he would melt right there. Their lips continued to touch in a passionate kiss. She ravaged her hands through his locks of hair and could not understand why she did this only that it had been ten years. After their encounter the two felt very awkward and continued on their way with out a word. The sun eventually set leaving then still no nearer to the craft and James grew worried for X. “Where are we going” he asked much more soothingly. Looking back at him she smiled partly because the question was inevitable and because she was hoping he would. “To the rift we need to return home” “What bout the kid?” he asked not knowing her response “He belongs here and he’ll understand.”

The girl looked at Dawn with animal eyes not straying from him. It appeared she was looking at a ghost and he did not dare move. “What do you mean” he finally said his voice shaking. She sighed and walked away from him to the dark night that awaited her. “Wait!” he shouted while going after her, His wound was still there but he did not care he needed to fine out who she was. “Stop please” he shouted once again. She looked back at him her face like a robot hard and cold. “There is not much time to much has been changed things that were are no longer and the past will now alter the future for what had happened" and with those words she disappeared into the dark leaving Dawn with so many unanswered questions........

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vincent had been unleashing his rage on the city below for over an hour now and still there was nothing. Were Demetrius and Kiara too afraid to come out and face him? No, that simply could not be the case, they were too powerful for...

"ENOUGH VINCENT MONROE OF EARTH-61388."
The Apprentice's voice boomed in the Heavens above.

"Wha--" But before Vincent could even finish talking The Apprentice's massive hand reached down through a rift in time/space and clamped itself tightly around Vincent's whole body, making it impossible for the power-consuming psychopath to move. "Let me go! Their power must be mine! IT MUST!"

"YOU SHALL NEVER HAVE THEIR POWER, IT IS THEIRS AND THEIRS ALONE. DESPITE WHAT THE GRANDMASTER THINKS YOU ARE NO SAVIOR TO THIS REALITY, NOT YET. CURRENTLY YOU ARE AN INSTRUMENT OF DESTRUCTION AND WILL SURELY BRING ABOUT UNIVERSAL ARMAGEDDON IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE ANY FURTHER ON YOUR MAD QUEST FOR MORE POWER! YOU MUST BE TAUGHT TO CONTROL YOUR MOST PRIMAL URGES BEFORE YOU CAN RETURN HERE. AS IT IS THERE IS ONLY ONE REALITY I KNOW OF YOU THAT IS CAPABLE OF TAMING YOU...THEREFORE I DECREE THAT YOU SHALL BE EXILED TO EARTH-592 FOR AS LONG AS I SEE FIT." The Apprentice explained.

"You can't do this to me! I need their power! It must be mine!" Vincent screamed, his eyes wide with fear as The Apprentice pulled him up into his base of operations and opened a separate gateway to the mysterious Earth-592.

Without saying even one more word The Apprentice tossed Vincent into the gateway and shut it behind him, ensuring that Vincent would not be able to come back through the way he came and then after taking a few moments to contemplate what he had done and what The Grandmaster would do to him once he found out, The Apprentice began working on undoing all the damage Vincent had caused.

Earth-592. Location Unknown.

A storm, a rift and an explosion once more had preceded Vincent's arrival. Except this time he had landed in an unpopulated area...a Desert to be exact...the nighttime air was cool and crisp. The stars above him were shining brighter now than they had been before the rift had even opened. Vincent got up onto his feet, dusted himself off and and yelled as loud as he possibly could into the Heavens above.

"This isn't over! Do you hear me?! I will find a way out of here! I will find a way back! Even if I must destroy this Universe like I destroyed my Universe in order to do so!!" But the only response the Heavens gave unto Vincent...was silence.

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sovereign Son

The heat of Baghdad spat on them like hell, A sand covered jeep span over a small dune as it headed towards its target. Last night at the bar the Greek Douche and the Arrogant Angel had stepped in and prevented Mike from tearing apart the general. Did they under estimate him that much, To think he could not handle this himself and now as punishment he was sent on this bullsh!t assassination mission. Out gunned and out manned. Of course the general thought twenty-nine men vs Mike was more then even. Turning on his radio the sounds of ACDC rained over the desert, All of a sudden the ground around him began to ripple as if a giant pebble had been dropped from up high. The sand tore towards his target. Sovereign Son was knocked from the jeep and his mouth filled with sand. Turning over he watched as a great hand formed from the sand and crushed the building where his target was. Blinking his eyes he struggled to the radio. “This is Lockhart WTF is going on” The radio was dead and then, he felt it the ice cold chill, spinning round he unloaded the clip from his gun at what he thought was the attacker.

“HA HA HA HA HA” O god that laugh not him, not here mike screamed in his head. The sun blocked his vision as the black figure began to walk towards him, his sight cleared and there he stood, the towering skinny monster that had tormented so many heroes dreams. His top hat sat at a slight angle and that f@cking smile almost taunted Mike as he lay his back to the ground and the empty gun aimed at Arrows head. “Just get it over with you clown” Mike said his words sounding behaviour then he actually was, This was the man who tore apart the NAO, Laid the LEV to waste and here he stood in front of Lockhart. Arrow had become a member of the most powerful groups on the planet, the Hellfire Club lead by the would be father of Gambler. What the hell was he doing here? Arrows pale hand reached out removing the gun from Mike’s hand as if it was a plastic replica.

“Just because you are tired of killing and wish for death dose not mean I shall give it to you.” His voice was like a choir of small children as he spoke it captured your mind. Twisting you to his way of thinking. “ Oh no Sovereign Son, I will not kill you, I have been sent to aid you. The Hellfire Culb said it would be fun and plus the General said he would owe the HFC a small favour.” Arrow winked at the last part as if he had told Mike the biggest secret in the world warped up within his words. Mikes mind ran wild F@cking general, he may not be able to disband the peacemakers but he could add to the ranks….What the f@ck had he done…Offering his hand Arrow smiled down at Mike. Locking eyes with the beast in front of him Sovereign Son pushed himself to his feet. "Don't ever touch me clown" Letting out a little sinister Laugh Arrow nodded "As you wish team mate." Mikes blood ran cold once again as Arrow finished his sentance, Team mate...Did the others know, had the general breifed them yet or was this to be a little shock for them, Sh!t mike thought in his head ..

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The Spartan

The Road to Baghdad

The UN forces had left their previous position and were on the move once again.  Several regiments marched across the desert sand toward the great city of Baghdad.  In their ranks were the Peacemakers.  The Spartan marched steadfastly at the head of the procession; not because he was in charge, but because he liked to be closer to the action.  With belts of large ammunition strapped around his torso, a grenade launcher hanging from his back, his blades strapped to his sides, and a high powered shotgun in his hand resting upon his shoulder; he was ready for a fight.

What little excitement had come up the night before had now resided.  Demetrius could still remember Kiara resting her hand on his shoulder and telling him not to go "too far."  He remembered turning around to her and saying, "Yes, mommy." in a sarcastic tone.  After everything had settled down, Mike was sent out ahead of the Peacemakers on a special assignment.

Several bombers had attacked Baghdad and had weakened the majority of its defenses.  To the Spartan, having the Peacemakers AND the rest of the army seemed a bit excessive.  Sure enough, the military units might have their share of problems on their own; but the Peacemakers would be able to handle the situation with ease without them.  Demetrius thought the entire situation was absolute horse $hit.  Without a doubt, it was made to appease the public.  Thanks to the media, the people of the Free World viewed them as uncouth mercenaries.  Saddam Hussein needed to be taken alive.  The UN forces were there to simply babysit the Peacemakers and to make sure things did not go too far with their brand of justice.

As he marched ahead, Demetrius looked over at Kiara and said, "This isn't right..."  What followed next was a bit of nostalgia.  He looked directly at her, actually making eye contact and said, "I remember when we weren't the bad guys, Kiara.  Hell, I remember when the people looked at us like we were HEROES."  In truth, Kiara Sullivan and Demetrius Arkelis had known one another for many years.  There was a time when the people viewed them as heroes.  It was an era when people cared about protecting the innocent, punishing the guilty, and ensuring freedom.  Demetrius continued by saying, "I just can't help it, Kiara.  I just feel like.... one day... their going to be putting together a special group to hunt US down...."  He stopped talking right there.  Trying to keep himself together, Demetrius looked away from the goddess and continued to steadily march ahead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth-592. The Desert.

Vincent was pissed. Pissed...and Hungry. He had been denied the great power contained within the fleshbound forms of Kiara Sullivan and Demetrius Arkelis by a force greater than either of them combined, a force that had left Vincent to die in a Parallel Universe where he was incapable of sensing beings of great power. The Hunger had made it impossible for Vincent to fly, he had been forced to travel on foot through the unusually cold Desert for almost three and a half hours. It was not something he was accustomed to doing, not anymore, and it hurt far worse than the Hunger pains did.

"So hungry..." Vincent groaned. "Damn that Hooded Man...I was so close...the power of Kiara Sullivan and Demetrius Arkelis would have been mine. All mine."

Suddenly a bright light appeared in the far distance, blinding Vincent with it's brilliance, but there was more to this light then met the eye. He could smell powerful beings...not as powerful as Sullivan and Demetrius but enough to sate Vincent's hunger for the time being. Without hesitation Vincent began sprinting towards the blinding white light, he was salivating as he grew closer and closer to the light, and then...the ground beneath Vincent's feet gave way.

"Oh...CRAAAAPPPP!!!!" Vincent screamed as he fell headfirst into what could only be called the Mother of all Chasms.
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chaos Agent

While the other members of the peacemakers had been able to take the news report which branded them as monsters in the eyes of the public like if they were nothing, Jason hadn't been so lucky. Being his first of many wars, the man who would one day become Nighthunter and later Chaos Agent was still unfamiliar to being in the spotlight and the fact that the public feared him when he was supposed to be the good guy in the war was an idea that he didn't find amusing.

"If only they knew...if only the knew how much I've sacrificed for them" whispered Jason to himself as the channel of the TV was changes after the Spartan's request. Jason stood alone drinking his alcohol trying to make the blame of killing so many people go away, thankfully his teamates The Spartan and Kiara had both gone individually to try to make his entusiasm come back and make him feel better, something that Jason really needed.

Moments later the remaining member of the peacemakers known as Lockhart would appear with soldiers of the UN trying to enter a confrontation, after both Demetrious and Kiara entered though the conflict would soon end, preventing more blood to be on their hands. Jason hadn't even attempted to move, he knew that whoever those soldiers were his presence wouldn't be needed, fact is that if he was right it would only need either 2 of the 4 members of the peacemakers to massacrate the remaining soldiers of the UN that were resting in the taken town, 2 single ones wouldn't do anything.

Jason took another shot at his drink and then retired to sleep, the next day he was the first one to wake up and prepare for the march to Baghad, the piece of advise that the Spartan had given him saying that with time everything went better was what Jason had to follow, maybe entering the battlefield again he would be able to forgive the faces of the soldiers he burnt alive in order to achieve victory.

Hours passed and he was ordered to be the guard of the medical unit, using his binoculars he spotted that both Demetrious and Kiara were at the front of the march, Lockhart was nowhere to be found, more than likely still in his secret assignment. He then turned around and noticed that one of the men that were being attended at the medical unit was reading an old comic book from the 60's, it had a strong man with a big "S" on his chest, it was no problem deducing who that hero was.

Jason smiled and came closer to the man, after putting a curious face he touched the shoulder of the man, he would turn around inmediately after that. "What are you reading?" asked Jason with a sincere tone. The man smiled, showed the comic to Jason and with entusiasm replied: "It's a comic book, my little brother sent it to me, he said that I should have someone to look up for just like the kids look up to us."

Jason smiled and requested the soldier to let him read the comic, something that the man didn't have any problem in doing. Jason read with a lot of atention the comic, it looked cartoonish and wih humor for children but the last words would mark Jason for the years to come. "The duty of a hero isn't only to fight the bad guys, but also become a role model of how to be a better person" read Jason outloud, those words resounding in his mind,he wasn't the good guy in the war, nor a hero. He was just a fighter that was following orders and massacrating everyone that was on his way.

Small tears fell from Jason's eyes as he put the comic book away and gave it back to his owner, after that he abandoned his spot in the march and went directly to where Demetrious and Kiara were walking, he then touched Kiara's shoulder and whispered on her ear a question that would decide the way Jason would follow his life in the years to come. "They say that you can see the future, will I be a real hero one day?" asks the man who was just leaving his teenager years and was finally meeting the world, ever since he was a boy he was taught the ways of killing and strategy but no one ever taught him the differece between the ways of good and evil, right and wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elsewhere...

The Apprentice's neck snapped like a rotting twig, the sound of his bones breaking could shatter whole mountains had they been in a more standardized reality but here in Elsewhere it was just a sickening popping noise. With a loud thud The Apprentice's body dropped to the living room floor of The Grandmaster's private loft and then using a de-atomizer ray, The Grandmaster stripped the corpse apart by it's molecular sub-atomic structure and watched it fade into nothingness.

"You always were the least favorite of all my apprentices." The Grandmaster whispered to himself. He then, in a fit of rage, slammed his fist down onto a table and yelled. "Son of a Bitch! Everything was going so perfect...I had altered the flow of time making it so that the Vincent Monroe of the Core Universe would be slaughtered by his own offspring and so that I could replace him with his demented Earth-61388 counterpart. Who I had hoped would have had gutted Demetrius Arkelis and Kiara Sullivan like pigs about now and would have drained every last iota of power from their corpses. But then you went and screwed it all up."

The Grandmaster looked down at his robes and began pulling them off until finally his true form, the one hidden underneath the hood and the robes, was exposed to the large amounts of sunlight that he was flooding into the room. Had there been anyone present at the time they would have seen that underneath it all The Grandmaster was yet another albeit far more powerful incarnation of Vincent Monroe. But he was older, his entire body was covered in more scars than there were Wars on every version of the Planet Earth in the Omniverse, and his eyes were steely and bloodshot.

The Grandmaster gathered his robes together and made his way to his bedchamber where he tossed his robes into a hamper and began sifting through his closet in search of a more appropriate uniform that would befit an extradimensional traveler to the Core Universe. After a few moments of looking around he pulled out his old caped black and silver uniform, one that was nearly identical in appearance to the one worn by Earth-61388's Vincent Monroe. The Grandmaster looked at his reflection in a nearby mirror and immediately decided that a change of physical appearance was also in order.

"How did I get to be so old?" The Grandmaster asked himself.

The Grandmaster winced in pain as he shape-shifted his outward appearance to match that of his younger Earth-61388 counterpart but unfortunately it was an imperfect transformation. No matter what form he took the scars on his body especially the large one running down the left side of his face would always be visible to the naked eye. The same would go for his steely, bloodshot eyes. But to The Grandmaster it didn't really matter, for the first time in countless centuries he felt...alive. The Grandmaster quickly shook off the feelings of nostalgia that were beginning to overwhelm him and put on his uniform. He took one last look in the mirror and then made way for his way back to the laboratory. He began reviewing all of the most recent events revolving specifically around Kiara Sullivan and Demetrius Arkelis that had been occurring in the Core Universe.

He then played back an interesting little rant Demetrius unleashed on Kiara while they were making their way to the Capital City of Baghdad. The Grandmaster listened intently as the recording began to play.

"This isn't right. I remember when we weren't the bad guys, Kiara. Hell, I remember when the people looked at us like we were HEROES." Though he almost lost it, The Grandmaster managed to stifle his urge to howl with laughter and continued on with watching the playback. "I just can't help it, Kiara. I just feel like...one day...they're going to be putting together a special group to hunt US down..."

"No Demetrius Arkelis...the only one who will be doing the hunting around here is me. No one, especially the denizens of an inferior reality such as yours, will interfere with my plans." With that The Grandmaster opened a gateway into the Core Universe and made his way into Saddam Hussein's Private Bedchambers. The Iraqi Leader was easily awakened by the sounds of time and space literally tearing itself open, allowing The Grandmaster to enter the Core Universe.

"<Who are you?! How...How did you...>" But before Saddam could finish his sentence The Grandmaster punched a hole into his chest and tore his heart out.

At that exact moment one thought crossed The Grandmasters mind. "Kiara Sullivan will no doubt realize that what she thought was supposed to be Future History is now beginning to unravel at an alarming rate and that a newer, darker Future is taking its place. I must prepare for their possible arrival, there is a chance that Sullivan and her allies will continue on with their journey into Baghdad and will try to force me to restore everything back to normal. But I will not know for certain unless they actually come bursting through the Palace Doors. If they come bursting through them that is."

The Grandmaster took one last look at the corpse of Saddam Hussein and then incinerated it using a highly concentrated beam of kinetic energy. "Good riddance." Now all that was left...was to play the waiting game.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Left, left, left, right, left.

Left, left, left, right, left.

The sound of hundreds of soldiers marching across Baghdad resounded through out the city. TO most it sounded like the thunder of a stampede, but to others it sounded just like what it was, their death warrant. I was in front with Demetrius listening to him ramble on about different things. I was half tempted to take flight so I could escape him when he spoke again. But this time it was about our future.

This isn't right...I remember when we weren't the bad guys, Kiara. Hell, I remember when the people looked at us like we were HEROES. I just can't help it, Kiara. I just feel like.... one day... their going to be putting together a special group to hunt US down....

I thought on what he said for a moment and looked into our Future. He was right, one day we were be considered the bad guys. But not because of what we did, but because of what our counter parts did. I had to look away from his penetrating gaze. I did not want him to see what I saw. I did not want to lay the weight of what I saw on anyone else. So to him I lied, I lied through my teeth in hopes that our future could change.

“We are unknown to them Demetrius. They fear what they do not know, They Fear what they wish they could have. It shall not last long. One day we will be the Heroes again. One day we shall be the people they turn too. There will never be a special group. It’s your paranoia catching up with you.”

Before Demetrius could question me further I dropped back amongst the troops. I did my best to keep their morale’s raised and their heads held high. Most of the men were young and this was their first war. But I knew it wouldn’t be their last. So I walked amongst them, giving them the ear they needed, or the comfort they wished. I bore their sorrow for them so that they could make it to the end, and if any of them died in battle, I’d be the last face they saw. I was the one who prayed over their bodies and sent there spirits into heaven. And if it was possible, I’d save them from death. That was my duty in this war. I would fight, murder, and then I would restore life.

As I walked amongst the men a familiar presence came to me and touched my shoulder, I looked down and smiled at Jason. I knew what he would ask but I waited for him to voice it.

They say that you can see the future, will I be a real hero one day?

His voice was soft but I could hear it. I could hear the confirmation he needed straining in his voice. I looked into his future and saw how bright it was. I turned back to him and smiled reassuringly, “You will be what every hero wishes to be. You will have your trials, but you will be a true hero, Jason, of that I am sure.”

I left him with that as I made my way to the front once more. As I walked it felt like a weight was holding me back. With each step it grew heavier and until I was rooted to the spot I stood on. Then without warning I was struck down hard with the force of the Future changing. Lightening ripped through my veins and blood dripped from my nose as the future that was went up in flames and a new one stood in its ashes. Frantically I forced the images to back up, to see what had changed. Hands touched me and I could feel the soldiers trying to help me stand, but I ignored them all and kept backing up the new history. Images flew by in my mind like a blur, almost causing me to become sick. Then I saw it a man Stepping into Saddam’s bedchambers and killing him on the spot. He looked up as if he saw me, as if he were daring me to come.

The weight of looking into the past drained me. But I forced myself to let the men help me. I saw Demetrius not far off looking on curiously. I beckoned Jason to follow as I went to him. I gathered are group and put a barrier around us so no one could hear. But again I was ripped through with pain and fire as more of the future was destroyed and a darker one was set in its place. I looked up at my comrades with blood dripping from my nose, “The future has changed. Someone has killed Saddam. Who ever it is has made our bright futures into black ones.”

And with no further words I blacked out. I fell into darkness and welcomed it as my body was ripped through with more pain.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By talon_x23

Dawn then left the ship in search of X and James. He new that they should have been here by now but they were not. It was pitch black and thankfully Dawn had superior sight and scenes. He wondered following the scent of his two runaway friend hoping that they were ok.  “Ok so I was approached by a weird girl, I lost my mentor and Weapon X and now I’m out here”. He ravaged his brown hair in frustration and distress. He needed to find then he had to. If he could not he had no point to live. X was his life his mentor almost like a really strict mother but he care for her.  He could hear howls of wolves in the distance that sent a chill up his back. “Great now I have to deal with the wild life.
X and Logan managed to get to a fine themselves in a large cave. They created a fire and rested there that nigh just staring at each other . “You know about that thing I did I’m sorry” “No need” he replied looking at the bright fire as sparked pieces of ashes into a air. He thought about these strange things that were happening to them . “So this world yah come from, where is it” “It’s complicated” she replied hoping to end the conversation.

“Damn it, Damn it, Damn it” Dawn shouted kicking sand with his feet. He was tired, hungry and just upset. His eyes were staring at the sand that he kicked “If only life could be so easy to figure out” he thought.  But his thoughts soon came to a halt when he saw a figure in the distance. He stared a moment and soon realized that it was the girl he saw last. Except she seemed to be dressed differently but it was definitely her. He walked toward her slowly and spoke “Hay claws, is that you” she shot her head to his direction and stared in astonishment. “But, your” she stopped> He could only see part of her body since it was still dark out. “Um yah it’s me now gona tell me who you are”. As last time Dawn found himself on the sandy ground with a wound in his shoulder. “Ouch” she said looking up at her. Her face showed no emotion but he new that she was feeling something. Clutching his wound her stood in front of her with herded eyes. He was tired of this and wanted answers. “Now who are you” he said almost shouting. She turned to walk away but her grabbed her right wrist. It was funny, it did to feel like skin. Her arm felt hard and clod. He slowly tilted his head down and looked to what he was grasping on to. Shock over came him in an instant as he looked upon the girls hand that appeared to be robotic. He looked up at he releasing his grip on her. “W..What H..Happened to..Y..You?”

James gazed upon the sleeping beauty that laid before him. He had never noticed but she was beautiful even though he did not know her true appearance. He leaned over to her and stroked her hair slightly making sure not to wake her. So much had happed since three days ago. He use to be a man having no recollection of his past. Now he was a man with a woman searching for a world he had no idea existed. Truthfully he had vague images in his mind about this word but they seemed beyond comprehension. There were teleporting, guns that shot blast of energy and giant robots. This was to much he needed time but her new that she wanted to get back. But one of the things that stood out in his memories banks were Weapon X-23. "What happening why am I remembering some future that I don;t even know"

She sighed and pulled her cybernetic hand aside. “How did that happen” he asked shouting. “I was to late, and why are you here.” “looking for you, you did not really give me much help back at the ship” “The ship” she said in confusion. “You know when you stabbed me”. “I’m sorry but you have the wrong person”. She was about to walk away again but he grabbed her. “I saw you, you were there you aid something thing about “There not being much time, and then saying that so much has been altered. Then you rambled on about the past and future changing ". he could see recollection in her eyes “It’s worse than I though, it’s already been changed I’ve been altered”. She looked at her hands in fear, “Ok what’s going on how come you don’t remember it was you wasn’t it”. Turning her gaze back at  him she said “Yes that was me but from a different future probably. He’s already began to change it and I did not even notice”. She began to run and following her was Dawn he shouted “Tell me who you are, where you from and what the Hell your doing her”. She slowed her pace and sighed. “Ok then I will”

“Uhhh” X said while getting up. The fire had dies down and she still felt the same. Her mind was cluttered with possibilities of the future and how to get back home. She soon noticed James was not present. Quickly getting up she slid on her jacket it was still night but she could see that dawn would approach soon. Walking out of the cave she saw him standing looking up as the stars. She smiled and approached him saying “You always like to travel in space, you would say that it’s the one place that would calm you”. He looked at her and sighed “Yes it was”. “What am I saying” he thought and quickly changed his attitude and stiffened up. “Yes you would always do that to, when ever some one was breaking through your wall of no emotion you would harden yourself even more.” He looked at he and whispered “I don’t want you do get hurt”. "things are changing James somthing is happenig that is hat I found out" "What happening" he asked. She looked at him in fear and answered "A war it's comig a war for the future and it start now in the past".

“I come from earth 529 in the beginning we use to be like your world out dated with just minor technology but that all changed when “They “ came,” “They who” Dawn asked “No interruptions boy, the Soul Hunters. They are a race of eternal creature bent to control and power. No one knows where they came from or how old they are all they know is that they are darkness in a whole ner prospect. They struck a deal with our world if we agreed to give them “The HEART” then they would give us their technology. If you are wondering what the HEART is then it is a stone that crashed on earth millenniums ago and has been kept. SO the exchange was made and our world prospered and evolved. But then the day came where a soul-hunter and human reproduced and gave birth to the first mutant. Once the Illuminati of Soul Hunters found out about this they tried to kill the child, and we were sent to the past to make sure the child survived. We succeeded but as an alter affect we altered time. The mutant then sent a physic global shock wave infecting other humans cause mutants to grow rabidly. Eventually about 5 years ago a blood ward began between the Soul Hunters and their leader who has no name. But before that our numbers grew less during the Sentinel war, They are beings that were created but when the time traveling robot know as Nimrod appeared he gave then technology so that they could evolve to a state where they were very much like mutants. In the war Mutants were used in the front lines of the battles and controlled by both sides. Now the war continues and the man or being behind the soul hunter thirsts for power and nothing less, and I have been sent from the future to the past to stop him while her is still weak that is my mission Dawn. I am X23  Talon the Dark Phoenix of time part cybernetic and I have come to fine the man behinds the alteration of the future and kill him single handedly.”

UnAmerican Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By UnAmerican Hero

A ring echoes down the halls of the elementary school, signifying it was time for lunch. Mrs. Williams wraps up her lesson and the students grab their lunches from their cubbies. The class walks down the hall and into the lunch room. All the grades in the school were in the lunch room but each class had to sit with there teacher. Some kids finished eating before the others and they were aloud to go out early for recess. Kalib took his time and was almost the last student to finish. He tosses his trash in the garbage can and starts walking outside. Before he could even get outside, Lil’ Joe runs up to him. Not his normal hyper active excitement, but his face was covered in tears and he was talking gibberish.

“Joe?! Joe, what happened?” Kalib asked trying to get some answers but Lil’ Joe was too hysterical. “Joe, Shut Up!” The younger boy is shocked and stops crying as loud. “What’s wrong?” In between sniffles Joseph says, “I was outside playing four square and den Chris came out and took the ball and made us leave.” “Big, Chris in the sixth grade?” “Yeah…” As soon as Kalib realized who his friend was talking about he was pissed off. Christopher Jones was the biggest and oldest kid in the school because he really was supposed to be in the 7th grade but was held back. “Get da kids you were playin wit and come wit me.”

Kalib storms outside and goes over to where the four square was. The sun was bright so Kalib had to squint which made him look even angrier. “Yo, Chris!” the 5th grader yelled and the 6th grader turned to face him. With two other sixth graders at his sides Chris replies, “What do you want punk?” With no emotion in his voice Kalib demands, “Give the kids back the ball…” With the rubber ball under his arm Chris asks, “Or what?” “I’ll make you.” At first the three bullies looked confused then burst into laughter. “You and what army, kid?”

Just then Lil’ Joe and the other five kids he was playing with showed up. Kalib smiles as his plan was coming together. “Them…” “Oh I’m so scared. A bunch of babies wanna try to fight us. Why don’t you just go run to your mommies?” Kalib clutches his fist and starts running at the biggest kid. Right when he was arms length away, Chris pushes him backwards and the ten year old falls to the ground. The three start laughing harder as the little kids watch with worried eyes. Kalib looks up at the bully and reaches over and grabs a rock that was a little bigger than his hand. With out warning he launches it at the boy's face.

“AAGGGHHH!” Chris yells as the rock hits him in the chin and lower lip. Blood gushes out his mouth and his eyes grow large as he notices he’s missing a tooth. “Get ‘em!” Kalib shouts as he stands up off the ground. The six other kids grab sticks and rocks and start attacking the older kids. The yells and crazy movements drew the attention of the other little kids at recess and luckily most of them hated Chris and his gang too. Soon half the school was jumping the three sixth graders.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By talon_x23

Dawn stared at her a moment “Who are the soul hunter’s what do they do.” “As I said they are eternal like gods. They have any power you can think of. But the one they liked the most and was their trade mard was possession. The could posses any one and thing. Except for mutants and super powered begins well before, So the humans they do posses they do every thing in their power to extinguish us.”She said tightening her fist in ager. “Because they’re like our ancestors you share the same genetic code and that prevents us to be posses for a long period of time.” He got closer and asked “What of the super powered begins.” She looked at him “They joined the Soul Hunters not all but the most powerful ones did.  Superman Batman, Martian man Hunter, Wonder Woman those are only some. These creature have way’s of pulsation they even made me think of joining their cause.” “And what is that” “A Search for power” she said and walked away.
He walked after her “Where are you going”. With her robotic hand she grabbed a hold of  his arm. “Ouch” he said as she squeezed it. ‘Your not coming your time is not now. I have urgent matters to attend do in my world I will return I will come back, for the only way to stop this dark future is to kill the one who caused it/ But with that we need alleys in this word and mine. Go fine others.” He stared at her in astonishment “What do you mean find others, who’s going to bevies me any way I mean who!?” he asked in ager “There are others powerful being on this planet fine them, fine them.” With that there was a flash of blinding light and she was gone. He stood there a moment and sighed lowering his head.  “Ok then, great even if I find people who will believe me.”

Morning had come and James and X had not gotten a wink. “Something’s wrong” she said looking at James “You feel it to huh” he replied. Clearing the cave of any evidence to prove that they were ever there. After they had finished up they headed toward Bagdad. “So why are we” Shhh” X said swiftly. He mumbled something under his breath and sighed. “I need answers I need Dawn” “And why would you think he’s even there.” “Not there he’s close on the outskirts maybe, but I have no intentions on going into the town I plan on finding him”. She new that she needed him if any thing was going to happen he needed to be near and she new something was wrong.

“I’m going to a place, dang it shit this is not I mean, this then she goes and acts all I need to go home, what about me, no she leaves me here, I got to fine people that , I got to tell then that this and the future and past, then soul hunters oh yah and don’t forget about this power hungry dude and then this woman I need to find what the hell does that X23 thinks she is sending me off to fine a woman I got ne clue who the hell she is this Sullivan person I mean honestly, why me why this why Ahh I hate this” he shouted with all his might “I hate this I hate this I hate it I hate it!!” he was far passed angry he was furious and in rage. He needed to find X and James not go looking for this Sullivan woman. His hands were In his hand pockets and his eyes were narrowed at the ground. “This is so not fair and Demetrious to who’s he he’s I mean come one is she serious I have to find these two people she’s powerful why doesn’t she do it oh for Heaves sake she can teleport you find these powerful people” he moaned. “Bang!”

Quickly looking up he saw her again this time she was dressed in full robotic battle armor her black hair blew viciously in the desert wind. She appeared to look older like about his age or maybe more. Her emerald eyes glared at hm. On her left eye brow there seemed to be some sort on implant that he had not see before due to it being so dark that night. The sun reflected off this armor and made him look away. “Have you done as I asked”. “Um no” he replied truthfully. “So you are telling me this entire time you have walked in circles saying that your life sucks and that you do as well.” Smiling nervously “Pretty much yah” “Humans” she sighed and walked grabbing a hold of his hand. “You don’t understand the urgency, my world is at the mercy of this being and your worrying about your life. What about the life of my people my world, my father, my mother, my siblings, my friends and me! Every second we waste more die the future is nit casted in stone we but the mold had already been made. W need to break the mold XL we need to stop it but we can’t alone we need others. Know that it is not only my word are stake it’s the universe and all multiversus. If we can not stop him then every thing will be under this mad being powers and he want as much power as he can get he want me he wants’ my worlds and yours. And if we don’t stop him then all is lost the past and future”.

Smelling the air James could pick up the scent of Dawn and some on else. “Got it he’s with some to a girl approximately 16 ,18. Her scent it…it can’t be.” X looked toward James in confusion “Who is with him is he safe?”  James paid no mind to what her said “Her, but this is wrong how could I when she’s”. X stared to worry “James what is it” she insisted. He shot a glance at her “Raven, Raven X”. She stood there shocked unable to reply. He embraced her tightly “I remember you” he said just before he kissed her. She was so shocked she felt faint. He saw that her eyes were shocked and quickly pulled back “Um sorry” he said rubbing his head. “I see” was all she said. “THIS IS NOT ABOT YOU IDIOT!!!” they soon head shouting not to far off. Running they soon saw Dawn being shouted at my a young woman or girl they could not tell.

“YOU’RE SO STUPID I’VE TOLD YOU WE DON’T HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS!!” X now know as Raven looked at James and smiled “We found him.” They cautiously approached the two the discussion was headed both were shouting at each other both were angry and neither was going to let the other win.  “Hello children” Raven said trying not to laugh as she said that. They both instantly stopped and looked at each other and then at Raven and James.  “there you guys are I was about to go looking for you till she turned up” pointing the finger a X-23”. Rolling her eyes X23 spoke toward James and Raven “I am sorry but there is no time for formalities but you should know what your young friend knows maybe you will be able to understand and copperhead it better than him”. She then explained what she did to Dawn about the issue at hand and the urgency. “That is why he came to this time and put his plan in motion, because most of the great hero’s are merely children and some have not been borne yet. But there are still great and powerful beings in this word and he will come for them we need to make sure that does not happen.” After that there was a moment of silence and Logan, Raven and Dawn spoke amongst them selves.

“Ok so what” James asked looking as Dawn. She shook her head “I don’t know.” I think she’s telling the truth” Dawn piped up. They both looked at him “But kid you’er the one to dispute the fact of truth.” “No I was just mad ok teenage thing, but I think she is right we act now or watch the decimation of our world and other worlds.” They continued talking while X23 just watched and sighed “A Family” she whispered. Tightening her fist she thought “I use to have that, I use to have them but not any more, I need to change this  need to save them I need to alter the future and bring them back all of them.”

She smiled “Who know maybe I’ll have a better future if I stop this being. Maybe I’ll be a girl a human with a father.” The thought of a family was always her dream.  Her past in this new future was altered making it unable to remember the future before this. In this new future she was created in a machine as one of his assassins created for one purpose to kill. But her family she only met when she was 13 then she broke the ruler  Superman’s bonds and escaped with her father. “Maybe if we succeed I’ll have a better future maybe I’ll be a mutant girl and the institute no dark past no killing no nothing. Yes that’s what I’m going to have a life and maybe a love.”Pulling out a picture of her lover. She smiled and whispered “Trent I’ll come for you then we’ll wed then we’ll be together forever”.  “Ok Lets do this but one question first” Dawns voice rang hard and loud. They walked back to X23 who placed the picture back on her person.  “Ok what” “How do you know all this” James asked She smiled at them “I’m from the future I know a hell lot more than you human mortals”. Raven sighed then X23 spoke “James and Raven I have something that you need to attend to, becaurful and don’t what ever you do die”. With that se teleported the two to a different location. “What did you do that for” Dawn asked shouting. She looked at him and sighed  “They can’t die Dawn I took then to a safe place, Dawn they’re our parents if they die we don’t exits”  “I understand so what do we do now”  she smiled and looked at him and in a loud clear voice she said “Ok let’s find Sullivan and Demetrious stop this power hunger Grandmaster” she said as they dashed to  find the location of Kiara Sullivan and Demetrious but X23 could not help but wonder "After all of thsi when time has been altered what will happen to me"