Valor City - CVnU Location

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@animus_: this is the most I've ever written like what kind of an alternate reality? lol

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanvalor_: Its weird to see. I think the last time you consecutively posted Bin Laden was still alive.

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AmericanValor_

@animus_: how could you say something so controversial, but so true? like you're not wrong lmaooo

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Maaan I'm so anxious about writing with other people again. How to rpg I?)

Disgusting.

Have you ever seen the face of a homeless man given a shave and a suit? He doesn't look like George Clooney.

He looks like a homeless man in a Windsor knot.

That was Gri-- Valor, City. A facelifted version of a place that bubbled with all manner of sin and intrigue. The thick fog of mystery brushed away by invasive surveillance to penetrate it's unseemly underbelly and illuminate things best kept in the dark. Perhaps.

Thomas stands on a corner in the city's center at an intersection, a wood finished cane with a silver tip and ball capped handle tapping the wet concrete beneath his black leather gloved hand. What used to be a compact city in the most compact state, now had few heads running around it's streets. It appeared less like a city at rush hour and more a hallway at the end of a high schooler's home period.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You really never can return home."

"You a GC native?" A shoe shine asks spitting into his black polish while sitting in his chair, waiting for a customer.

Thomas turns to him, his cane clacking the ground, "Yes as a matter of a fact. I'm surprised people are still calling it 'GC' after all that's happened. "

"Ah well, the kids don't. They like the new angle. 'Valor City.' Sounds like something out of a video game. "

Thomas laughs, "As opposed to Grimm City?" Thomas sits in the chair beside the shoe shine, bemused by his company. He expected the humble man to be left stupefied by his retort but the old man didn't miss a beat

"Well see, Grimm, that was a name that had character. Had a history to it. But more than that it was almost like...a challenge. Grimm City? Watch me be anything but, you motherf-"

"Point taken. Now?"

"That's the funny thing, its like that whole perception changed with the name-- Put your feet up there--" The shoe shine slides down from the chair and bends down on a knee in front of Thomas' shoes and begins lathering up a coat, "Valor, on paper, on billboards and that fancy new welcome sign, it's hopeful. Optimistic. But now it's like that spite aimed at Grimm, done went and flipped to Valor. People see the name and decide, well," He rubs down Thomas shoes, licks his thumb, and scrubs off a scuff on the front, "That sounds like a challenge."

"You're an interesting man. How much do I owe you?" Thomas asks pulling out a wallet from his breast pocket.

"50 dollars?"

"You can't be serious. Not to say the job wasn't well done but it's not worth that much."

"Oh no the shine was only 15. The other 35 is for something you can't get no place else."

"What's that?"

"A taste of authentic Grimm City."

Thomas smirks and pulls out a C-note.

"Keep the change"

He walks down the main street, his cleanly polished shoes still bearing the unmistakable markings of their years of wear. Just with a fresh new coat.

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Animus_

@animus_: how could you say something so controversial, but so true? like you're not wrong lmaooo

Ayyye new bugs on deck I didn't get this notif ?

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"I didn't think you'd actually come." It'd been quite some time since he reached out to @rosso the crimson. He wasn't so keen on frequenting the market. So, Brian opted to communicate with her through a personally encrypted commlink. A commlink she didn't use until last night. And although his assistant Sabrina Zerqz wasn't fond of the scheduling conflict, the Newcastle legacy happily took the opportunity to avoid another board meeting. As a matter of fact, he greeted Rosso firsthand rather than ordering his staff to do so.

"If I'm being honest, I wasn't sure you'd give me a second chance." There were thousands of dollars unaccounted for post-Ada, but that didn't bother him. In fact, Brian was more concerned with his associate's perception of his actions from that night. It's why he was so determined to reconnect with Rosso. Maybe part of him feared the thought of his name landing on the Market or maybe he just enjoyed the thought of having more allies on his side. With the rise of Valor City, he knew there would come a time where his life would become endangered once again. It was an inevitability he needed to be ready for. One he hoped Rosso would help him with.

"And now that you're here. I hope you know I'll have to ask that you leave your belongings behind." He was very relaxed for someone standing so close to certain death. Valentina might have been new to the game, the same as him, but Brian never underestimated anyone who made a living like she did. Brian half-expected Rosso to have a gun attached to her belt, knives in the soles of her shoes and just about anything a mercenary might need to protect herself from harm. Maybe Brian presumed too harshly and maybe he'd been watching one too many Bond movies, but the Dominus International CEO was cautious about the company he kept.

"Once you're cleared, I'd like you to follow me to my office. Maybe catch me up with what you've been up to before we talk business?" He tilted his head with a slight smile and shrugged his shoulders, unashamed by his request. As he waited for her decision, Brian stood behind a metal detector Rosso would have to walk through before entering the main floor of First A.I.D. Labs. It was still under construction and much of the security system was shut down on the lower levels while security cameras operated by the Grid were running on backup generators. However, the metal detectors still worked for the most part and Brian refused to have his company carrying heat while under his roof. If she managed to get past the metal detectors, Brian alongside one of his L.A.W. enforcers would walk with Rosso to a secluded office space where the two could talk over drinks and breakfast if she liked.

Valentina stood still just on the other side of the metal detector, regarding the Newcastle Legacy with a devilish smirk. He was only being smart. But he was obvious, and by the formal yet unsubtle manner in which he conducted himself she perceived nervousness in his precautions. Not just preparedness; genuine anxiety. It made her feel powerful. Predatory. She was a lion staring at a child from the other side of a cage without bars. A "trained" lion, but one dangerous nonetheless.

She bore him no ill will but the anxiety - if it even was that - was enticing in a way comparable only to the doctor's innocence. "Slow down pretty boy. Your 'second chance' guarantees nothing but a chance to talk. As many screw-ups as I encountered that night, courtesy of you and yours, from where I stand? We're well beyond two. But if your money's good..." She gave an exaggerated shrug and stepped through

?????????????????????????!

"Oh! That's right." Making no sudden movements lest she be assailed on the spot, Valentina brought her hands together and removed a silver and gold bracelet from each wrist. "You'll have to forgive me. From my mother when she passed, and her mother before. I basically never take them off so it's easy to forget they're not a part of me. I take them off to enter, but...How soon can I have them back? I hate to be without them and, no offence to your security team, I'm not really in the habit of trusting others with your valuables."

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

(Want me to pick this up or you got something else planned?)

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Animus_
CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

(In that case sorry for delay :[)

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith: (Don't be sorry be posting lol. A heads up though I'm probably not going to be able to respond tonight as I'm headed to bed soon.)

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

No Caption Provided

10,000 years ago...

"<Now, I'm not one for ceremony,>" the sharp, elegant language of the Dark Elves rolled fluently from Malekith's tongue, flicked as a knife through flesh. "<But even I think this is a tad excessive,>"

"<You sought to spread the darkness of your realm into the heavens. Consider this a mercy,>" as opposed, came those of Aflheim - those closest to the eaves of the World Tree. Those blessed by the oldest gods. Malekith spat in their presence, and they shoved him into the Void with a blunt gesture to the small of his back.

Darkness consumed him. For 10,000 years, he existed in the nothing - became as the nothing. Swirling within it, blending mind and flesh into the crushing shadow. His heart and soul ever focused on one thing.

Vengeance.

And now, the present.

The appointed day that his imprisonment would end, such a marvelous spectacle. Algrim the Strong would be the first to see the reemergence of the King of Svartalfheim. Long had he fought in the wars against the giants. Long had the Dark Elves suffered under their heel without their king to guide them.

No path of honor for the Dark Elves, but one of murder and deceit. The giants were broad and mighty, too strong to destroy outright through numbers. It would be in magic that their fate would be decided with. Magic that Malekith embodied, and brought back from the cusp of oblivion.

For 500 years, Malekith waged his crusade. It would have been much shorter, but the self-proclaimed Laughing God took an obsessive delight in tormenting the beings who had invaded his realm. Finally, Svartalfheim returned to its masters - but vengeance was not achieved. Merely teased, placed in front of Malekith but perpetually out of reach.

He needed more. From the edge of the abyss, he could see the lights of the Nine Realms. The hearths of Valhalla, the seething forges of Nidavellir, the raging inferno of Muspelheim. For every moment of every day for those insufferable millennia, he watched as the sparks grew and multiplied. He became nauseated by them, eventually coming to the very brink of accepting nothingness. But he kept his pride. Ever did Svartalfheim call his name. Ever did he strive to return.

Now he had accomplished just that. Even if it took him another 10,000 years, he would see the lights of the Nine Realms smothered in the dusk of his kingdom. And in the burgeoning twilight of his paradise, there would be no altar to distant stars. Only oblivion.

It would start in Midgard, as most things do. A kindred spirit of sorts, having chosen his path in a city named Valor. Odd, considering the Asgardians had no part to play in its foundation - as far as he knew. Choosing this man to deceive, or possibly include in his devious plot, Malekith took the form of a mortal man in modern clothes.

Though his magic would not nearly be as potent as it normally would due to being in broad daylight, the illusion kept people unaware of his presence - save for the man in question, whom he gazed upon with solid black eyes as dark as coals.

"Something amiss? Perhaps a little homesick? I can relate."

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By CursedMalekith

@animus_:

Should have gone to bed myself a while ago but idc, I gotchu :]

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AmericanValor_

American Dreaming

"Lauren, Camila, Liam and then me. So, don't mess up the rotation!" It's thirty minutes past midnight and the city still hasn't slept. There are teenagers huddled like a soccer team, on the corner of 13th and 27th street, lighting their first blunt. It wasn't their usual Saturday night activity, but after the attack...everyone's found a new kind of vice. Maybe it's their youthful rebellion or maybe it takes their mind off their personal troubles. Either way, they'll enjoy themselves as they cough between puffs and sip on their cheap liquor.

"Kids these days, huh? They don't know what to do with themselves." It's thirty minutes past midnight and Brian still hasn't slept. There are teenagers huddled like a soccer team, on the corner of 13th and 27th street. They're lighting a poorly wrapped blunt, but they're so happy to be together it's almost inspiring. Rather than succumb to grief, Grimm's lost children were finding ways to cope with their pain.

"Come on, man. You don't remember being a kid? Imagine hormones plus the crap the city's been through." Even as he walked inside Champion's Diner, dressed in a bomber jacket, ripped jeans and a rosary tucked underneath his crewneck t-shirt, Brian could feel their emotions collapsing like waves inside his head. He could feel flickers of rage subside with each pull they took. And for a moment, Brian thought

"If we're being honest, it's crap you're still stepping on." At first, Brian perceived his conversation as a back and forth with the hostess. However, when his earthy green eyes stopped peering outside the wraparound plexiglass that overlooked much of downtown Valor and returned indoors...he was met by the image of someone awfully familiar.

"Haven't you thought about that? Still showing your face when people still believe you're the bad guy." Brian tilted his head and squinted his eyes. He was mystified by what he was seeing. Another trick from his older brother Maximus? An illusion crafted by that redheaded mystery? He couldn't place his finger on the pulse, but he hoped it was anything but God's will.

No Caption Provided

He wasn't lying when he spoke. It was hard to look at him. His company reminded him of Danny, Castillo, Crews and the only family he ever had. He was hesitant to step closer. It'd been quite some time since they'd last shared a room.

"I know a lot of people either hate me or don't trust me. Money won't change that," Brian bit on the corner of his lip, "It's hard to look you in the eyes. And it's not because I feel ashamed. It's because I know I'm not finished."

American Living

"Sir, we've gotten reports of a metahuman through the Hero HMU app." In recent weeks, the Force was revived by Valor City's council without opposition. Renamed L.A.W. to distance itself from the corruption of Brian Maddox, forty officers handpicked by the mayor himself have been tasked with handling metahuman incidents.

"A couple of kids were hanging out in an abandoned building when they saw it." Their weapons were personally designed by Shawn Savage. As the leading director of First A.I.D. Labs robotics division, Shawn's visionary designs have created protective measures for any kind of metahuman. Due to the severity of guns like the microwave, they're expected to be returned to First A.I.D. Labs after every mission. As for guns like the Peacemaker and the Stake, L.A.W. enforcers carried them inside their holsters during

"We're moving in now, sir. We'll report back shortly."It'd been quite some time since a metahuman task force stepped on the gravel of this city. This time, however, the atmosphere felt different. There was a purpose in their steps as four officers armed with Peacemaker's converged on the scene. Followed by a van equipped with a power dampener for cuffed criminals, the officers made themselves known to the alleged assailant.

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR WHERE WE CAN SEE...HOLY SHIT!" Officer Ramirez spit out his gum when he saw the behemoth clawing at the side of the building.

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM. DO IT NOW! Under Valor City's L.A.W., we're asking that you stand down!" Under oath, the L.A.W. enforcers wouldn't shoot unless outwardly provoked. The protocol suggested they diffuse a situation by getting the metahuman in custody without force. Although many of the officers on duty didn't see that as a possibility, Officer Ramirez wanted to make sure L.A.W. acted differently than it's predecessor.

"We don't want a fight, big guy. Okay? We just want to know what you need. Maybe we can help." He raised a hand for his team to stand down momentarily in hopes of reaching out to what looked to be a troubled Valor citizen. He wasn't afraid, but he was definitely shocked to see the inhumane nature of what stood before them.

@fallenprophet

Adam_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith: appreciate it bro. I'll read and try to get a response up after my shift tonight.

MightyMangog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith: @mightymangog:(My bad on the delay)

The buildings were so much smaller but yet somehow much more majestic...

"Hm? Oh, yes. Excuse me. Something like that." The rain begins to fall in a light pitter patter tickling the nape of Thomas's neck just bare enough behind his high collared duster to be licked by the drops. He turns from the city view " Although whoever leaves home that can return to it?"

He realizes immediately the eyes of his fellow sojourner and smiles, "A magical creature. I miss the days when your kind were commonplace here. Now...it's as though gentrification escalated beyond races to species..." He sheds a mild expression of disgust by what had become of his home to turn to the man, "Elvish? Am I right?"

Infinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

(All good man, I gotchu tomorrow :])

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

The Laughing God tapped his head knowingly.

"You're a sharp one," he dropped his disguise, though no one else around him seemed to notice. The distinct halves of his face, black and dark-blue, rose into physical manifestation. His piercing icy sapphires glared deeper into Thomas's own than the infinite shadows ever could.

Strangely, the rain didn't seem to touch him. A buzzing field without sound, a cover without shape. He stood in the midst of it, untouched.

"It really is too bad. The older buildings had such character and charm. Almost makes one wonder if they could turn back the clock."

A cruel smile.

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith: "What's sharp wit without an anvil to carve it on. This was mine." Thomas turns, a skeptical eye rising beneath his circular sunglasses at the mention of turning back time, "Yes...Speaking of time I'm not one to waste it. Is this meeting as serendipitous as you'd like me to believe, elf?"

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

"But serendipity is the lifeblood of my people, good sir," Malekith stifled a laugh, narrowing his gaze. "Don't tell me you are one to gentrify that as well?"

He crept closer to Thomas, half-circling around as a vulture.

"Perhaps we can help each other, perhaps not. After all, aren't good deeds worth of others?"

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith: Thomas can't help but smirk as he shakes his head, "I love elves. You're always playing an angle. But unfortunately for you, I don't live my life under the guise of a good man. I know my place in this world and it doesn't involve tallying good deeds for an inevitable end at pearl tinted gates. So if you're trying to appease my better side," He turns to meet his shark circling guest, "You'll find I'm extremely symmetrical. "

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

(You have my bedtime on an alarm, I know it :P)

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@human_dynamo: Get back to me when you can I've got nothing but time.

badat tss

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

Malekith immediately ceased his predatory guise, electing now a more refined and noble cause to his step and mannerisms. He adjusted his head, standing tall now, straight of spine and wide of grin; his fangs were in plain view, his glacial gaze falling upon Thomas out of curiosity.

"Well then," he began in a hushed tone. "I like you," a flash of that shark hunting for blood, and then he returned to a modicum of humanoid presentation.

He raised his hands, their surroundings changing to an obscene dark - as if all lights were turned out. When he put the back together, it all faded back into view - the colors, the buildings, the rain, the only difference was a strange box hovering between his outstretched fingers. Again, no one around them seemed to notice any of this happening. The Laughing God pursed his lips in excitement.

"Symmetry, angles, you're a very logical man," he started, flipping the box around in the field of strange magic. "Now this? A puzzle on all sides, one leading into the next,"

Solutions cascaded into failures, knocking the arrayed logic aside so that it would be different to solve for the next time.

"It's an inanimate object that relies on deceiving its player, but its lies are just clever little jokes it plays," Malekith closed his hands, causing the box to fall into his hands. He motioned it towards Thomas, indicating he could take it if he wanted to.

"I can help you in more ways than you can imagine, my friend. But my magic in Midgard is still weak. All I ask is just a little push, an initial solution to the puzzle of the Nine Realms. After that it's just a matter of... time."

The secrets of the Dark Elf were his to keep, whispered to him by the Sisters of the Thorn - a cruel parody of the Norn Sisters at the roots of the Yggdrasil. His twisted display of happiness was indicative of it.

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanvalor_: @grimmwald

"See? Wasn't so bad. You're a natural. Also, not to say you don't look good in scrubs because I don't think anyone can work them like you do, but you look drop dead stone cold gorgeous, Ash. So if I carry you off after this, sweep you off your feet and into my arms, don't say I didn't tell you"

Ashley let out a relieved sigh as the Mayor continued his general dialogue. Not paying much attention as her eyes looked over at Kellan with a smile creeping on her lips as the couple kissed in the background of the ceremony. Any anxiousness that was left lingering in her chest, faded away as she felt his warm and loving touch. They pulled away, her thumb gently running along his lips, wiping away a little smudge of crimson lipstick that left a small tinted stain, she couldn’t help but let out a light chuckle. “Thank you Kellan, and thank you for being here with me. It means the world to me.”

Kellan had always been there for Ashley since the day they met. His dedication to their relationship was never in question. Communication… they were still working on. But he cared for her and she cared for him. Looking at him, smiling at her, being here with her at this moment, you wouldn’t be able to tell the kind of life he was brought up in. He was trained to kill, to become death itself, but there was a light in him. Richard saw it in him, she saw it in him, she wished he could see it.

Ashley then heard his voice, the all too cool and confident voice she knew so well. Her blue eyes shifted sharply from Kellan to Brain and the smile that was once on her face quickly faded. She cleared her throat, standing up as she stretched out her hand to formally introduce herself. “N-not at all,” she slightly stumbled with her words as she then forced a smile back on her face. “Ah, yes, I suppose we haven't been properly introduced. I’m Doctor Ashley Knightfall, this is my boyfriend, Kellan.” She then introduced her crimson eyed boyfriend. It was strange, saying it out loud. She knew that the two were a couple, but introducing Kellan as such, it made it more real. But at the same time, looking at Brain, it almost felt like… a betrayal, like she was betraying her Brain. Ashley tried not to show it, as she continued on the conversation. “Thank you so much for coming out here today and taking the time to speak. I know you’re a very busy man.” It wasn't that she was still in love with this Brain, or felt anything for him. She didn't know this world's version of her husband. But just... seeing him standing before her. He looked like him, smiled like him, sounded like him, smelled like him, even the firm shake of his hand, it was just like her Brain. It caused her heart to twinge in pain standing before him, to be remanded of the love she lost all those years ago. But she had a new unexpected love in this reality, Kellan.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Grimmwald

@americanvalor_: @ashley_knightfall:

"Hey, I hope I'm not intruding too much. My name's Brian"

No Caption Provided

Brian, Kellan thought, a second after drawing back from Ashley's lips. His arm still draped over her shoulders, Kellan felt all the vibrations caught by his dermal senses. The soft skip in Ashley's heartbeat, the song of warmth from Brian's vocal chords. They know each other or something, his mind assumed. Arm withdrawn from Ashley as he turned his body to face Brian's, Kellan lifted his eyes to Valor City's hero - ruby red to emerald green. "I've heard a lot about you, Brian", Kellan began, voice as calm as his roll of the neck, "And don't worry that pretty face of yours", he smiled, standing with a confidence colder than ice, "You're not intruding too much. Besides, whatever time I lose with Ashley here, I'll make up for when she and I are back home", he paused, his eyes sweeping back to Ashley's with a daring gleam and subtle smirk.

"You two clearly have a lot to talk about", Kellan nodded, a pat on Brian's back, and an arm round Ashley's waist, "Come get me when you're all caught up with Brian, Ash. I'm going to mingle with the mayor. Maybe dodge a couple of the questions the press'll have about you and me", he joked, low laughter flowing out his throat as he turned round and strode off, his smile fading the farther away he walked. Oh. I never introduced myself to him, Kellan realized, his mouth welcoming a quiet curl, But Ashley did so for me. Besides, I'm not the one who needs to be talking to him. She does. Few senses were finer tuned than Kellan's dermal ones. The vibrations they caught, and how accurately they analyzed them, they were a peek into a person's thoughts. Keeping a secret or echoing lie was given away by heartbeats and the tone of one's voice. There's something Ashley knows, he thought, running his fingers through his hair, and matching the mayor's smile as the man approached, Something she's not telling me. And Brian.

Guess it's none of my business. Though as his eyes met with the mayor's, Kellan's mind pulled back to the moment he and Ashley'd shared in the limousine - and in the Cave weeks before. Glancing back over his shoulder, his heart warmed at the sight of his girlfriend. She's nervous enough with all the reporters, I shouldn't leave her there on her own. Turning back, Kellan approached Ashley from behind, wrapping his arms round her waist, pressing his chest into her back and grazing the corner of her lips with a kiss, "They didn't have any questions about you and me, babe", he smirked before meeting eyes with Brian and recognizing something in his gaze - a heavy past. "So Brian", Kellan began, voice deep and calm, "You ever thought about getting into politics? This city could use someone like you operating in an official capacity. But if things ever get rough, if there's ever another attack, I know a guy who'd be willing to help".

"And a gorgeous doctor with a heart of gold", he chuckled, lips grazing Ashley's right cheek for a second kiss. "So much gold she built a hospital here for free. There're not many people I'd call my hero, in fact there aren't any except for one. Ashley. And I hope the people of this city appreciate what she's done for them".

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#130 Feral Nova  Moderator

"You two clearly have a lot to talk about", Kellan nodded, a pat on Brian's back, and an arm round Ashley's waist, "Come get me when you're all caught up with Brian, Ash. I'm going to mingle with the mayor. Maybe dodge a couple of the questions the press'll have about you and me", he joked, low laughter flowing out his throat as he turned round and strode off

Image result for don't leave me gif

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith: "Magic?" Thomas smiles and removes his glasses, "Perhaps you don't know me as well as you believe? My dealings have been with many things, that isn't one of them. What possible push do you think I can provide?"

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

(How I imagine Thomas messin' with Malekith)

Image result for removing sunglasses meme

"Whatchu gonna do about it elf-boy?"

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus_:

"Why, you're Midgardian of course!" he opened his hands wide, the puzzle box vanishing from view. "You can pass through the Realms unopposed, if you knew how. Odin has taken a special liking to your kind, after Thor appointed himself your protector. Besides, the box itself is encased in cold iron,"

A faux frown.

"And Dark Elves and iron don't mix; it burns to the touch, I'm afraid."

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warrior_angel:

Valor City Children’s Hospital- Operating Room

Everyone was scrubbed in as Ashley stepped into the frigid white room, her hands held up, still wet from scrubbing in as she was handed a sterile towel from the Surgical Tech. Karah was already on the operating table, under sedation with keppra drip to be sure a seizure didn’t happen while Karah was under the knife. It took only a couple of minutes for the physician to be dressed in the blue surgical gown and white sterile gloves, now standing over the small child who was currently covered in sterile drapes. She didn’t know how long this surgery was going to take, but she knew she couldn’t rush it. It was a delicate procedure requiring special pediatric equipment that she didn’t have at the Catholicon.

No Caption Provided

With a scalpel in hand she looked at her operating room staff. “Shall we begin?” She would have to shave the young girl’s head where the incision was made. As she did so, she noticed something, a healed scar along Karah’s scalp, hidden by her hair. This Nemesis knew what they were doing. She made the same incision along the scar, and upon retracting the skin, calcification could be seen where the cut into the skull was at. That’s where the implant site was, and that’s where Ashley would go in too.

It didn’t take too long to remove the portion of the skull, and the implant? It was right there. It looked smaller in person, but she knew the foreign body was putting pressure on the small child’s brain. She carefully grasped it with a pair of forceps, pulling it as it effortlessly detached from the brain. She placed it in a metallic bin that was sitting next to her. She would want this to be examined. But she had to be sure nothing else was there that didn’t catch the attention of the CT scan. She ever so carefully began to look upon the brain, looking for any abnormal lesions or other foreign bodies. When she was satisfied that nothing else was left behind, she would close up the wound, and wrap the child’s head in gauze and pressure dressings.

Walking out of surgery she had to meet with Ms. Hawke to tell her the news. She would have been waiting in Karah’s room, while Karah was still being monitored before being brought back to her room. Ashley walked in, “We got the foreign body out.” she gave the good news. “Karah is doing well and will be brought here in a couple of minutes. But we won’t know if the surgery had any effects on her until she wakes up. As for the object… Ms. Hawke I don’t have anyone here who’s technologically advanced to figure out exactly what that object is and what it’s purpose is, but if you like, I can release it to you if you have someone who can figure it out.”

Avatar image for deactivated-634b05344f994
deactivated-634b05344f994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: (Great post! ^_^)

Nora is grateful for the doctor/patient confidentiality agreement between them. She will definitely hold Ashley to that, but she can sense that the Doctor was being honest when she said Karah's secret would be safe with her. Nora goes with Ashley and her adopted daughter to Valor city, choosing to stay by her daughter's side.

Valor City Children’s Hospital- Waiting Room

Unfortunately, soon after landing in Valor city, Nora has to wait in the waiting room. She cannot follow Ashley in the operating room. So, she waits how however long it'll take. During the operation, Karah is sleeping thanks to what the doctors put in her body. But while she is dreaming, she feels as if she cannot move.

A gun peeks out of the darkness, no...not a gun. A mechanical arm! Something shoots out of it. Warrior's Angel's head rocks back from the hit, blood spurts out and she falls to the ground. This is the memory of what happened. But as Ashley takes the chip out, it creates a spark. Just a tiny one and now the memory of being shot shrinks until it ceases to exist. Who knows if more damage has been done. That will have to wait until Karah wakes up. While Ashley looks inside Karah's head to see if there is anything else in there, she'll see that there is nothing else.

Shortly after the surgery, Nora sees Ashley walking towards her, so Nora meets her halfway where the good Doctor gives her the news. She is grateful for the news, glad to hear Karah is doing well. But she is still apprehensive about how different Karah might be, if at all. The last thing Ashley says causes Nora to think of her biological daughter, Keira Hawke and secretly Paragon. "I could do that myself, but I know someone who is even better. My daughter, Keira and current CEO of Hawke Industries. She's a tech scientist, she may even be smarter than me. If anyone can figure it out, it'll be her." Just how many daughters does Nora have?

Soon enough, Karah is awake and placed in a wheelchair where she is wheeled out by a nurse. Nora turns her head, noticing the movement in the corner of her eye. She power walks all over to her adopted daughter and bends down on one knee, trying to look her daughter in the eye who seems to be avoiding it, but reluctantly looks, "Karah, honey, are you alright? Do you remember who I am?"

Karah nods, but doesn't say anything. She glances around as if wondering where she is. So Nora asks, "Do you know where you are?"

Again, Karah doesn't say anything as she shakes her head. Nora tells Karah where they are, "Your in Valor City's Children Hospital."

Finally, when Karah does try to speak, her right cheek experiences an involuntary tick, the first sign that Ashley is correct that the child could experience something like that, "Am I shick?" Karah doesn't quite get the word sick right, mispronouncing it. Another sign that Karah isn't quite right.

And it's breaking Nora's heart, but she manages to hold it together as she holds her daughter's hand, giving it a squeeze, "You were, but your on the road to recovery now. Your going to be..." Something catches in her throat, so Nora has to pause for a brief second, "Your going to be fine."

Karah's eyes go from Nora to Ashley, should the Doctor still be here. For a second or two, there is confusion in this baby blues. Almost as if Karah doesn't know who Ashley is. But then a light of recognition seems to shine in those eyes. Karah recognizes Dr. Knightfall and she smiles at the doctor, but experiences that facial tick again. "Docter Nitefall, I like you." Her words are bit skewed, but she's close enough.

Karah opens her mouth, looking at Nora, "Shaz--" With lightning quick reflexes, Nora claps her hand over Karah's mouth to prevent her from finishing the word. That word would have transformed Karah into Warrior Angel! Nora whispers, "No, not here. Remember what we talked about? We don't say certain words around people. Okay?"

After Karah nods her head, Nora takes her hand away from her mouth. Earlier, she theorized if Karah transforms into Warrior Angel, it 'might' heal the damage done. As much as Nora wants to see if she's right, Karah cannot transform here. Not in the hospital. So, Nora rises to her feet and looks over at Ashley, "Is my daughter discharged from the hospital or do you require she stay overnight for observation?"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Looks like the DemonKing has a new playground

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@human_dynamo: Feeling the anger inside the brash young man Damask can do nothing but smile something wicked and ask

"And what am I to be intimidated by boy..."

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You destroy my body... But my essence is forever.... You'll have to try harder
You destroy my body... But my essence is forever.... You'll have to try harder
No Caption Provided

@human_dynamo:

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

Plenty more where that came from, Jack Skellington
Plenty more where that came from, Jack Skellington

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@human_dynamo: Smiling wide, his mouth filled with razor sharp teeth Damask couldn't help "Why don't you take those shades off and show me what real power is then? I have a feeling you'll hold back, men like you know nothing about real power nor how to use them..."

No Caption Provided

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

"Visor stays on big guy,"

"It's already more than enough!"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

Don't got anything planned besides maybe a Killer Instinct post. You up for something? :P

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warrior_angel:

“I’ll be sure to release the item to you later today. Our pathology team just has to do their normal work up for foreign body removals. They’ll be done before the end of the day.” Ashley promised. She wanted to know herself what the tests would result to after Ms. Hawkes other daughter cracked the code, but that wasn’t her business.

No Caption Provided

Karah was then see, being brought in, her head wrapped up as Ashley stood smiling down upon the fellow Knightfall. She watched the interaction between mother and daughter, and it was without question that Nora cared very much for the young Knightfall. Signs were also showing of the effects of the surgery. Which were to be expected by Ashley. Brain surgery was always a delicate procedure. But considering her memory was intact, was a good sign. Hopefully these other effects would fade with time.

“I like you too Karah.” Ashley walked up, gently placing her hand upon Nora’s shoulder, to try and comfort her. But she noticed the child begin to try and say something, but was quickly stopped by her mother. The Doctor’s brow arched with curiosity. Was this the trigger word that Karah shouted to turn into Warrior Angel?

She removed her hand from Nora’s shoulder and stood next to Karah, this time placing a gentle hand upon her shoulder. “Given the extent of the surgery I would prefer to keep Karah here just overnight to give IV antibiotics and observe her just to be sure there are no complications.” Dr. Knightfall began. “I wouldn’t want anything to happen to my favorite Knightfall.” She smiled once more down at her tiny patient. “However, given her... Special circumstances. I would be willing to discharge her if that’s what you would prefer. I’ll give you my personal number so if anything does happen, you can contact me right away.”

“If you do wish to be discharged, I would like to see Karah again in about a week if there are no further complications. Just to be sure everything is healing well and to check if Karah is doing fine.”

Avatar image for deactivated-634b05344f994
deactivated-634b05344f994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

“I’ll be sure to release the item to you later today. Our pathology team just has to do their normal work up for foreign body removals. They’ll be done before the end of the day.”

"Thank you." Nora says in response to what Ashley says about the chip. She keeps it to herself, for now, but she will give Dr. Knightfall the test results from that chip once Keira examines it in-depth. She doesn't have to, but she figures Ashley deserves to know since Nora is sensing curiosity on her part.

The hand on her shoulder does comfort Nora and she deeply appreciates it. Like Karah, she also likes Ashley. The woman definitely has her heart in the right place and she's an excellent doctor who seems to care very deeply for her patients. That is always a good thing.

As Ashley places a hand on her shoulder in turn, telling Nora she'd like to keep the small Knightfall overnight for observation just to be on the safe side, Karah smiles up at Ashley as the other woman calls her, her favorite Knightfall. Nora nods, then speaks, "I think I want to take my darling daughter home, Doctor."

Karah turns her head a little, blinking up at her mother, losing her smile a little, "Can I pleashe, stay Mommy? I like it here and Dr. Nitefall is so nice."

Nora finds this a bit shocking. Normally, Karah hates hospitals as she finds them unnecessary for her health. She must have taken a serious liking to Ashley. Nora smiles, giving Karah's small hand another squeeze, "Are you sure this is what you want, sweetie?"

Kara nods and Nora leans over and kisses her daughter on her forehead before she looks over at Ashley, "Seems like she really likes you. Normally, she hates hospitals. That means, I'm staying too if that's okay?" She is sure it's perfectly fine.

Karah is smiling, then she holds her arms out for Ashley, "Can I have a hug, pleashe?" Awww. So adorable.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#150 Feral Nova  Moderator

Karah is smiling, then she holds her arms out for Ashley, "Can I have a hug, pleashe?" Awww. So adorable.

>_> I feel like this is a trap...