Shock the System
In the beginning, Grimm City was the epitome of the working class. A settlement birthed with the optimism of working toward a better future, but that all ended when it's founder submitted to the demons of depression. And from that submission of power, the city finally began to live up to its name. Grimm.
Having lived long enough to experience the oppression of a city intent on harming itself, Brian enlisted in the metahuman task force known as the Force. What was originally meant to be a dream realized, a hope to end the cycle of self-harm became an American nightmare for the Grimm native.
His government was corrupt. His president alongside the Force's captain was collaborating in the smuggling of a metahuman drug in the city. It was nothing new for the Grimm City community. The Force was just another face in their endless wheel of misfortune, but for Brian it so the wake-up call he needed.
After learning to come to terms with his inheritance of the Animus Corporation, the former meta-human detective took it upon himself to shock the system. Within a single year, he destabilized the corrupt justice system of Grimm City. Effectively eliminating both the Force, the politicians who supported its establishment and the prison systems that benefited from the over-policing of metahumans.
Although the general public wasn't aware of his actions, Brian afforded his community with the chance at rehabilitation in light of the chaos he'd committed. From developing the First A.I.D. Labs facility for job creation to fostering educational efforts in science and technology fields. Brian's even gone so far as to develop a network called the Grid that has allowed his company's A-X Phones to open lines of communication to the entire world regardless of income.
Grimm City's flimsy police force failed its people by focusing its efforts on higher income neighborhoods while southern boroughs were shafted. Members of the city council have tried to deflect these claims by blaming Brian Newcastle for the crimes committed by Ada Guillaume. It's become protocol for particular members to blame Brian for every catastrophe that's befallen Grimm, but not everyone has voiced the same criticisms.
The Mayor of Grimm City, alongside a number of council members, have stood in defense of the Newcastle legacy, especially after the footage of his heroic efforts alongside a number of heroes were uploaded onto the Grid's network. And because of the bravery that was shown not only by him but the entire city...Grimm will be renamed in honor of their valor.
Even though Brian Newcastle has sold portions of his Animus Corporation stock to pay citizens to help reconstruct the city, there isn't enough money in the world to rebuild the newly anointed Valor City and restructure its police system in a matter of weeks.
That's why Brian in conjunction with the Mayor's office have remodeled the few remaining Force stations in the city to create a refurbished division of metahuman officers that are trained for every and any combatant situation. They have been nicknamed "The L.A.W. (Law Abiding Warriors)" as a sign of good faith in their efforts to protect and serve.
After 40% of the population died after Ada Guillaume's sarin gas attack, there are under 12,000 residents currently living in Valor City and only 150 known metahumans. As a result, Shawn Savage of First A.I.D. Labs has developed a number of weapons only allowed for use during metahuman incidents. Meaning the L.A.W. only arrives on the scene when metahumans are actively terrorizing the city. This project has been fully backed by Dominus International and only 30 of the city's best officers have been promoted to the L.A.W. division.
- Peacemaker: Uses rounds smaller and lighter than the standard 5.56 mm firing solution used by a number of NATO countries. It grants increased ammunition storage per-magazine with no deficiencies on combat effectiveness. The firearm's rounds have much higher muzzle velocity and superior armor penetration compared to conventional ammunition. Instead of conventional rounds like bullets, this firearm uses fin-stabilized hypersonic darts. With a short barrel, this firearm is best equipped for close-range fire and has a cyclic rate of 900 rounds per minute with a magazine size of 40 and a maximum ammunition of 160.
- Heavyweight: A large shoulder-mounted weapon, the laser cannon is a directed-energy weapon designed to overcome metahumans of significant durability. It generates an initial targeting laser for aim assistance, and following a two second waiting period, the main high-powered laser is fired, hitting the target with a train of short light pulses that cause quick evaporation and expansion of the target surface to generate explosive shock-waves that cause severe damage.
- Microwave: Emits microwave beams that quickly heat the bodily fluids and fat molecules beneath a target's skin. The microwave beam gun can be adjusted to achieve any number of effects ranging from using microwave beams to boil a target from the inside, light flammable objects on fire via continued exposure, and explode sealed objects that contain liquid by increasing the internal pressure by creating steam from the boiling liquids.
- The Stake: Fully automatic, a magazine-fed weapon that uses magnetic fields to hyper-accelerate its' rounds to high velocities. It's ammunition consists of metal rounds that are superheated and elongated into metal spikes. Furthermore, two large tungsten carbide blades are mounted under the gun's barrel to be used for quick melee sequences should a target close the distance. The rounds are fed into the gun by a small drum magazine with a 40 round capacity. It has a maximum ammunition of 320 rounds, a rate of fire of 480 rounds per minute, a muzzle velocity of 76.2 miles per second, and a maximum range of 40 meters.
Despite his philanthropic efforts to restore his city, many political figures at Capitol Hill aren't fond of yet another Newcastle implementing his version of truth, justice, and the American way. As a result, the reconstruction of Valor City's infrastructure has been deemed a local matter by the current president's administration. The process of filtering the water supply system is pending. And due to the continued cycle of super-powered attacks on the city, government aid has been stalled. Coupled with a drop in stock and personal donations to the city's development, Brian Newcastle is currently on the verge of losing his Dominus International subsidiary company.
However, the arrival of S.T.R.I.K.E. has sped up the healing process of the city. Their operatives have actively assisted in the remodeling of the Honor Valley bridge that connected the city to its sister city (Gothic). While relations with the nation's president are strained; Brian prays his city will heal with time.
Originally, First A.I.D. (Animus International Division) Labs acted as a beacon of intellectual evolution and prosperity. Circumstances, however, have forced teams led by Nabhan Alavi, Shawn Savage, and Cassandra Ahmed to develop The L.A.W.'s metahuman arsenal.
Under Brian Newcastle's supervision, the team at First A.I.D. Labs introduced "The Grid," an A.I. system built into A-X phones that have helped users communicate with one another (especially during the previous terrorist attack). The Grid is currently integrated into 20% of the city's CCTV security system. It's helping The L.A.W. track down the criminal element.
The Grid is a voice-operated system that listens to its users. If the Grid is warned about a shootout on 23rd Street than the entire user base will be alerted within 30 seconds of the call. Because this program is still in development, Brian Newcastle has afforded his community monthly town hall meetings to discuss the depths of what this program means for their safety both about their well-being and personal information.
Valor City Children's Hospital
*Written by Feral Nova.
Located in the heart of Valor City, Valor City Children's Hospital employs more than 200 pediatric specialists and provides a spectrum of care that spans more than 40 specialty areas, serving the more than 85,000 children and their families each year. It serves as the referral center for all seriously ill or injured children from Valor City, to Gothic and beyond. Our missions are to provide comprehensive care for children and their families, educate future pediatricians and pediatric specialists, and perform progressive research that will lead to the medical breakthroughs of tomorrow.
We are Valor City Children’s Hospital understand that no child should suffer the pain of sickness and no parent should carry the financial burden of having to worry about getting the best care they can for their children. With this being said, all services provided by Valor City Children’s Hospital is free. Financially sustained through other means such as donations, the VCCH will not charge a parent a single fee to care for their children.
VCCH also provides special services and activities for their patients and family of the patient’s to try and make their stay at VCCH less stressful.
Bingo: Twice-weekly games of hospital bingo are played on the play deck. Patients from all pediatric units and their siblings search their cards for common hospital items and choose from a wide array of donated prizes.
Story Time: Our librarian holds story time each Friday at 11:00 a.m. in the 7th Floor Playroom.
Music Program: Music group activities are provided weekly for both adolescents and younger children by a certified music therapist. These are very lively, interactive groups using both voice and instruments
Toy Lending Library: We offer a toy lending library where patients can select from a variety of activities to do in their room. This area is run by volunteers.
Pet Program: One of the things that children miss the most when they are hospitalized is their pets. Many children are able to relate to a dog in ways that they cannot relate to the myriad of new adults around them. The therapy dogs, who have been specially trained and certified, and their trainers volunteer weekly to visit with appropriate patients.
Named after Ashley Knightfall, founder of Valor City Children’s Hospital, The Knightfall Housing provides free lodging and emotional support for any and all families who need to be near their children while they are receiving health care at the Children’s Hospital.
This 7 bedroom Home within the Children’s Hospital gives parents a welcoming place to rest and recover, while being minutes away from their children. In addition to warm and homey bedrooms, guests have access to a private bathroom, shower, full equipped kitchen, living room, laundry room and other amenities.
Perhaps most importantly, families find the support and comfort of others who share the experience of having a seriously ill child.
Rules & Regulations
- Don't come wrecking this location. HMU if you want to redecorate.
- You have to sell the law enforcement. Local police are chumps, but if you do decide to abuse your powers. The LAW will show up ready to throw down.
- If you want to do anything involving Valor City outside this thread then ask first.
- Absolutely no god-modding, but I think we know the rules by now.
- Thank Impero for helping me make this.
- Also, if you'd like to add life to the city (i.e. boroughs, location shops, etc.) just hmu!