Uncovered Mistakes

Maia_Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Cosmic Patriot soared through the ether of the Multiverse, traveling in-between the infinite universes that were being created and destroyed. All shielded within a thin bubble-like space to separate them from each other. While she has traveled this way multiple times before, the view of it all, also left her breathless. As indescribable colors splashed across the cosmic canvas. However, as much as she'd like it if her trip were just that, she was on a mission. Something was off, her cosmic awareness told her so. So Maia traveled through the intradimensional plane, passing by universe upon universe to arrive at a sight that would shave even the most hardened spatial veterans to their core.

No Caption Provided

A universe was scattered, tangled in a limbo between existence and non-existence. Pieces of it scattered across the multiversal Ether like shards of glass. The only telltale of the universe's existence were the distorted shards. They were an egg-white in opposition to space's usual inky purple-black.

Maia observed the ruins with a cautious eyes, the inversion of color was the telling feature of an Inversity being here. However, she never encountered one that effected a universe this much. They usually inhabited the universes they infected. Here, there wasn't much to inhabit.

She floated around the debris, galaxies were completely shattered and corrupted with the essence of this mysterious culprit stripped of their identity and added to this mess of spatial shards. Even the harmony of cosmic quantum superstrings was disrupted, as a sharp eerie ping continuously struck her eardrums.

Everything about this so, utterly wrong. But Maia knew she had to get to the root cause of it all, hopefully she could stop….whatever did this before it's too late.

Mustering all of her energy she rushed into the broken galaxy, her body resisting the physical laws that were now broken. Soaring into the center of it all, trying to find the heart of the situation. However, she continued to fly, and fly and suddenly the universe she was in had no exit. Potentially trapping her in a warped prison. She tried to open her Stargates but they fizzled in vain.

"Shit." She mumbled in a slight silent panic. However, she knew she was going to have a great problem soon.

As her eyes darted for any sign of a spatial hole and as her ears listened to any sounds of a tear in space, her cosmic sense picked up on something much more alerting. And not even a moment later it was there.

A being consisting of nothing but pure darkness with eyes full of white emerged from seemingly nowhere. Large was an understatement, its thumb exceeded in size what would normally be a galaxy. Its eyes lack pupils, but they shifted on the beings fast focusing on her.

A mouth appeared where it wasn't before. It's voice filled "You are a Logos-Spawn, I can smell the Nexus upon you. The billions of events that are taking place within you. The potential within you, it seems so...appetizing. I must have it for myself…"

Maia's body suddenly stiffed, unable to move, she stared ahead in fear as the beings hand reached over towards her. Adrenaline and Fear fueled her as she tried to escape the invisible grasp upon her. However it was in vain. And she felt her consciousness drift as a sudden blue light enveloped her.

□ □ □

She woke up in a bedroom, it wasn't her own. However, something about the room made her feel at home. She stepped out of the bed, still in her Nations United uniform. Her bare feet felt the warmth of the carpet underneath. She remembered this place, it was her childhood bedroom. The same paintings, the same broken helmet in the corner. Everything that reminded her of her old home was here.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door followed by a voice.

"May I come in?"

The voice coming from the other side was familiar, unmistakably so.

"Come in.."

She wasn't ready for what came next. She saw powerfully built man come into the room, he wore a suit of blue and white. But what stood out to her was something else entirely.

"Dad?"

No Caption Provided

"Well yes and no. Maia, this is going to be difficult to explain"

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that was a good read!

I was loving the first part with the dark beast, and couldn't wait to see how it would end. Then all of a sudden you switch it up with another great story with a great twist ending. I absolutely loved it. Can't wait for more!

Now for the negative. It just seems a lot of people around here are writing characters that travel throughout the universes with cosmic awareness. Nothing personal, just an observation.

Omega_Finis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber: I appreciate both the compliment and the constructive criticism!

On that note, I could do something about a space traveler without cosmic awareness for another character. Antares most likely.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_finis:

I apologize, Please fill free to create any character you want, I was just saying there sure seems a lot of super cosmic beings right now. And for some reason Naruto characters. As for Me I like high street level ones! Again it was just a thought and in no way should make a difference in who you wish to write!

TheDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber: No, I'm not upset. I didn't mean to come off that way. You simply gave me an idea that's all. Seeing how Antares isn't in the right state of... well anything ..giving him cosmic awareness when he isn't even aware of himself doesn't seem right.

Again don't apologize, and you're criticism both positive and negative is something I take seriously.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedisciple: Very well put!

Still the most important thing is ....what is going to happen next????

TheDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers