Tristan Russel profile

Gorochu44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gorochu44

Tristan Russel is the son of a human woman named Maxine and Tyr, the Norse god of war. He was born in the United States and raised in the state of Georgia. Before learning he was a demigod he didn't display any superhuman abilities and was able to have a normal upbringing. Well, normal for a boy with no father in his life. Maxine raised him well but it wasn't easy, especially when she knew what Tristan didn't about his father.

Now, you have to know some things about Tyr. He's the eldest son of Odin and is lauded for his bravery and honor. Despite missing a hand he's one of Asgard's greatest warriors which is part of why he's the god of war. Many of Tyr's traits can be seen in his son even though Tristan never knew his father growing up. Like Tyr, Tristan is bold, brave, and righteous. He's also a naturally gifted warrior with an affinity for ancient weapons such as swords and spears.

Another little known but fascinating fact about Tyr is that he was once the allfather. Okay, that's misleading, but now you're interested aren't you? Many religions are based on truth but sometimes humans get the facts wrong. There was some misunderstanding long ago when ancient humans met some of the gods of Asgard. They heard the Asgardians mention the allfather as their king and also saw them obeying Tyr and looking up to him as a leader, so without Odin present they concluded that Tyr was the allfather. Earth's Norse pantheon had Tyr as its head for quite some time before the record was set straight. Some even claim that Tyr was at the head of the pantheon for longer than Odin.

Of course, we all know Odin is king in Asgard but one could argue that Tyr is just as respected as his father. After all, he is known as the bravest and boldest of the gods and those traits are particularly praised in Asgard.

Gorochu44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't finished, but I wanted to share it anyway.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shield-maiden

Awesome! Welcome to the mythology train ;)

Gorochu44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: Thanks! Say, Helena seems like a good mentor for a greenhorn demigod...

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorochu44: You're very welcome. Tyr is a good choice by the way. Originally, Tyr was the father of Helena, but I scrapped that idea for Odin. Sure, we can work something like that out. Are you new with role playing?

Gorochu44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gorochu44

@shield-maiden: Kind of new, more so out of practice. I can PM you if you want to hear my idea for how they might meet.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorochu44: Well, I welcome you! ^_^. Don't worry about being out of practice, I came back like three months ago.....I think...and was completely out of practice. Go on ahead :D