Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

@kaede_

Vai stood in the arboretum with her hands clasped neatly behind her back, a smirk on her face as she imagined the look on Kaede's face when she found out why the billionaire was visiting. The Custodian was always worried about her friends and their well being and had seen, more than once, that Kaede had no idea how to defend herself.

So a few phone calls were made and here she was, waiting for Kaede to make the usual appearance. Just to speed things a long though Vai spoke to the plant life at large, aware that in some way Kaede was connected to it and aware of all that went on here.

"Kaede, can you come here please? We have a few things I'd like to talk about and something to arrange. I'll just wait here until you're ready, no need to rush whatever else you might be doing right now."

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vai

No Caption Provided

"Sorry!" The apology came after a bit, from a tree. Or from a girl, who was suddenly next to the tree. "I really didn't mean to keep you waiting. Things are... um. Things are kind of weird right now. It's a long story and it isn't really mine to tell, but... I'm sorry. I'm here now, anyway. I hope that's okay."

Kaede didn't really know all that much about Ms. Vai, other than that she was a friend or acquaintance of The Custodian somehow. She supposed that was perfectly acceptable - the Custodian was a good friend, and Kaede wasn't going to reject her support, even if she wasn't entirely sure... well. There were a lot of things that she wasn't entirely sure about. She had a feeling that several of them were likely to come up. For now, though, it was all right to be here with Ms. Vai.

She noted that the newcomer seemed to be one of the few who would actually talk to the Arboretum. That was kind of rare, most people seemed to prefer a human face to talk to, even if they knew that she was paying attention anyway. Kaede tried to respect that, and she supposed she could understand that sometimes it was difficult to speak with a concept of a person rather than the person themselves, but she always found it interesting to note the sorts of people who were willing to work around that.

It didn't mean that they were any better than anyone else, of course, but it generally meant they thought a little differently, and that was always worth knowing.

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaede_:

Vai smiled and shrugged. "I have a lot of time, don't worry about it." She cocked her head slightly. She's not kidding, Kaede looks all of of ten, maybe eleven years old. "Your friend is concerned that you don't know how to defend yourself if you're attacked. She said you're something of a pacifist and that you'd be more inclined to dodge and avoid than actively engage. I can teach you to do that, to redirect an opponent and avoid their attacks rather than hope someone is there to stop them for you."

Vai motioned towards the rest of the arboretum. "Maybe we can take a walk and talk about things a little bit?" My mother would love this place, and it would torture her. "I was just thinking while I was waiting that this place looks great. I wish I could get my mother out here but...well, I don't know how good it would really be for her. I think..." She smiled and traced her fingers over the leaf of a nearby tree. "I think she's not ready for that yet. So, anyway, enough about me. Tell me a little about you, I only know the little but your friend told me and what I've seen on Unity's videos of your actions in Africa and elsewhere."