Tournament!

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#1 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

This IS NOT an official monthly tournament. What I realized is that I love those tournaments, and we don't get em' too often. so I'm setting up my own.

There's two divisions, A and B. People who sign up will get assigned a number and division. For instance, the first to sign up might get B3. They are in the B division and will face off against B4. If they win, they face either B1 or B2. If they win that, they face whoever won the A division. If they win that, they've won the whole thing. Sound good?

What happens is this-you pick a character, concept, location, or team, and deck it out as best you can in a week. The page needs to be fairly empty, two paragraphs of text or less. The page is everything-summary, enemies, gallery, anything that can be improved. You pick one and have a week-then the Judge Of All Judges (JOAJ) will judge the two pages and decide the better page. Whoever has the better page moves on. You pick a new page each week. Declare your first page on your first post where you join.

We're going to need a judge. The judge will need to be fair-minded, hard-working, and actually think about the pages. Remember, you're going to have to juge 4 matches, then 2, then 1.

Prize-Bragging rights, points, and something I'll try and do. Don't expect anything spectacular from me, though, it's not something you can buy anything with, eat, or use. It's just nice.

Round 1

A1: Vacant

A2: Vacant

A3: Vacant

A4: Fourpower

B1: Vacant

B2: Raif (Skink)

B3: Vacant

B4: Vacant

Judge: Nameless One

Note: I'll be assigning the positions randomly, I've got an eight sided Dungeons and Dragons die. 1=A1, 2=A2, etc.

It's now open for joining.

Post Edited:2007-03-31 14:06:12
Post Edited:2007-04-01 07:39:49
Post Edited:2007-04-01 07:40:14

#2 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot? ScoodleDaddle? Shatterstar? Raif? Prurience Man? FESAK? Anyone?

#3 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you show me an example of what you mean?

#4 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm setting up a tournament.

Here's one way it could go-

A1 vs. A2.-A2 Wins.

Vs.    -A2 Wins.

A3 vs. A4.-A4 Wins.

VS.                                                        A4 Wins the whole thing.

B1 vs. B2.-B1 Wins.

Vs.    -B4 Wins.

B3 vs. B4.-B4 Wins.

It's an eight person single elimination tournament.

If you sign up, I assign you a random division and number and you wait till the spots fill. If you get A1, you'd face A2 first round, and so on. Get it?
Post Edited:2007-03-31 14:54:06

#5 Posted by Raif (416 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not a big enuff fan with the time or I would do more. Sorry. I do think its a cool idea.

#6 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like no one's joining-oh well.

#7 Posted by Raif (416 posts) - - Show Bio

I will join if it helps, I just can't say ill do great.

#8 Posted by Raif (416 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Nameless one (525 posts) - - Show Bio

dude I'll judge it I love that kind of stuff just let me know when the judging starts ok

#10 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, great. I added you two on.

#11 Posted by Nameless one (525 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#12 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

It probably won't work though, we'll need more people.