To Train a Citrus (CVU closed RP)

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It was becoming ever more apparent to me after a tough fight that I wasn’t good enough. Sure my powers and my strength allowed me to overwhelm my opponents with sheer force always leading me to victory but the moment a fight moved to hand to hand combat I was useless. When power alone couldn’t stop an enemy I was screwed. I needed to be better and I needed to learn from someone with experience and who didn’t win fights by force alone but with overwhelming their enemy in combat. There was only one person who I thought was capable of this and may be willing to teach me.

I knew several people who were experienced in hand to hand but the problem is two of them hated my guts and another was retired. That left me with only the best choice and probably the second most awkward choice considering that I had once thought her in league with Vandal and had attempted to investigate only to find no proof. So I let out a deep breath and scrolled through my contacts for a moment before landing on Kaija and pressing call.

I waited until the other line would pick up pacing around the room impatiently and stopping once she had picked up,” Hello Kaija I was wondering if you had a minute to talk about something?” I would wait for her answer before saying,” Well I was kinda hoping if you would help me with something. You see I was wondering if you could help train me how to be a better fighter?”

This is an RP between myself @kaija@iridum, and @lightning_god

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

A moment later, a familiar voice comes through on the other line.

"Sure, what's up?"

”Well, I was kinda hoping if you would help me with something. You see I was wondering if you could help train me how to be a better fighter?”

"Hmm... honestly, we could do what we did last time, but you don't really use your fists in a fight. I don't really see the point in showing you something that's not going to help you much in the field," she paused for a moment to think it over, "That doesn't mean I can't help you, though."

Landon had decided to call on Tuesday. The work week had just begun and Kaija wasn't too eager to over-train herself working with Landon or to put herself in a position where she might have to say up late on a night before she had to wake up at 5 am.

"How about we meet up this weekend? That gives me three days to figure out a training regiment for you and get some gear together without putting a strain on my schedule," she asked, "Would that work for you? I mean, two days of training aren't going to do you any good on their own, but it's plenty of time to show you what how to train to compensate for your weaknesses."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

I didn't expect her to drop everything and just come running to help me train it made sense when she said we could do this over the weekend and if we were gonna do what we did last time we might be there for awhile. But any training was better than no training I guess," That's fine by me if we wait until the weekend so you and I can figure some sort of plan out. Truthfully I wish we could have more time than just two days but that will have to work with both of our schedules being the way they are," mine was kind of empty the only thing in there being visit Japan soon and I didn't have a date set for that.

Speaking of Japan I hadn't used that titan form since Fukokua," may I make another request as well? You and I have a giant fight I know this might end up being a bit much and if we can't that's fine," it would be difficult gathering the water necessary to use it and might make this a lot more difficult finding a location where we can. "So what do you think? Do you think its doable over a weekend to fit some amount of training in?"

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

A gentle laugh from the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, sure. I'll find some way to make it educational."

If they were going to do something like that, they'd need to find someplace with more room than the base. She remember their last spar in Prehistoria and how much fun she had. She... also remembered how excited Landon had gotten. She figured that... maybe it was best to... bring some company along if they weren't going to be in Boracay. Well, there was someone who she had been wanting to see again. Someone who, last she heard, needed to do something fun to brighten her mood.

"Hey, when was the last time that you talked to Rana? I feel like I haven't heard from her in ages. With Kaede's passing and some of the other stuff that's been going on, I feel like it might be nice to invite her to come with us. A little weekend getaway to forget about some of the crap that's happened and have some fun," or maybe just give the girl a chance to talk about it and get it off of her chest if she hadn't already.

She also intended to invite Ali, but she decided to keep that detail to herself.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

“Excellent thanks Kaija,” But she didn’t stop talking just yet instead asking me about Rana and how she was doing since everything that has happened to her. Truthfully, I haven’t seen nor talked to her in the last couple of weeks so I was probably the wrong person to ask.

“I haven’t talked to her in the last couple of weeks but yeah once I get off the phone with you I’ll shoot her a text and ask her if she wants to come. But Rana and I guess just about everyone has been through hell recently so some rest might do her some good.”

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water: @ali_: @iridum:

"Alright, then that's what we're doing," Kaija replied with surprising haste, "Come by Boracay on Saturday morning. Bring Rana with you and gear for a camping trip; including food. Oh yeah, and enough clothes to last you for two days. I'll have something ready for you guys by then. Just pray that some supervillain or walking mountain doesn't show up to cut it short, haha."

She hangs up shortly after.

Over the next few days, Kaija would think over the orange-clad vigilante's abilities, his weaknesses, and how exactly she'd be able to help him with her limited resources. If Landon managed to survive for another week with his unusual lifestyle, she'd have a few lessons waiting for him to learn... as well as a surprise guest joining them on their little getaway. Whenever he arrived, Kaija would be waiting for him next to a portal with some gear already waiting on the other side with Ali standing at her side.

Hopefully, those two got along a bit better than they had last time.

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hey Kaede" the hell seer remarked standing before a tree, not the first or last who'd done it. Honestly Rana had spent probably an hour silently just waiting for Lizzy to finish whatever she was up to, seemed like just usual social media and tech but still Rana didn't want to interrupt either. So she waited occasionally scratching a small fox behind the ears that rested beside her knee high boots. "I know you're probably tired of me saying it but still I'm sorry."

She'd been saying it every day sense a sixteenth birthday. "Maybe I shouldn't of given the flower. Maybe I shouldn't of showed up here. It's just hard you know. Go so long thinking hell wants to ravage you and everything you hold dear. Take up the whole vigilante hero thing and suddenly shit makes sense starts feeling better. But it's not is it?" The sigh escaping her and maybe a few tears though she was quick to brush them away and conceal such expressions.

"If I didn't show up would Ashley have a mom? Would Kaedriel be in a better place? I know that wasn't her but she did seem happy. If I didn't give that stupid flower maybe you'd still be here maybe Dia Marie and your nerd would still have their sister." Maybe she was just being to hard on herself chasing those thoughts had become harder under the pressures of hell grew after of a year of very real experiences.

"You're not here, dad's retired from this, think Xae is to. Haven't seen Solaris or Diane in forever. Only time with Drake of late was hell messing with me." Her phone buzzed it was time for a trip she'd been asked to jump in on. "I might be gone for a couple days. Look after your team for me okay?" A pale fist bumped a side of the tree. And then the heterochromia hero was gone.

Her first instinct being to squeeze a particular blonde with horns with a hug that seemed more for the seventeen year olds own sake. Eventually she let go though and simply extended a fist with one hand while managing her hair with the other. Her katana at her waist and a rather full backpack was slung over her shoulder. "Sorry, rough morning. Want me to carry anything?"

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iridum: @ali_: @iridum:

The moment I got off the phone I shot Rana a short text explaining that I was about to Kaija's training camp and asking her if she wanted to join us for a couple days worth of fun and laughter. But if this was truly going to be a camping trip then several things would be needed mostly some food and other materials including getting ready to sing the campfire song song from SpongeBob. Hah, that was always one of the best episodes of SpongeBob when I was growing up but first, some shopping for food was necessary with me leaving my apartment for a little while and grabbing hotdogs, graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. Next, I would need to find some metal pokers for said items while cooking it over a campfire and doing normal camp things while I wasn't getting trained by Kaija.

I would survive the next several days only having to solve one supernatural case that tried its hardest to kill me and several vigilante activities mostly leading up to a new plan I've been working on that would finally give me a permanent edge over the criminal element in various cities. But that Friday night I would make my way across the Pacific ocean with my supplies and weapons reaching Boracay in the early hours of Saturday and sleeping until it was time to go and meet up with Kaija. " Morning you two how's everything going?" Let's all gather around the campfire for our campfire song...