Thunderfist Vs. Chaos Dragon

Avatar image for thunderfistx
#1 Posted by Thunderfistx (138 posts) - - Show Bio

(OOC: Sorry it took me this long to get this up)

No Caption Provided

Thunderfist finds herself somewhere in some random city taking a job. Okay, so maybe it's not some random city. But the job is random since Sarah is a Mercenary and travels all over the world taking on various jobs like rescuing a civilian from a jungle only to get attacked by some alien who chose to hunt her temporary squad. That was fun, but the part where they all died except Sarah and civilian, not so much. And then, on occasion, she takes up bounties on people's heads.

Tonight, Thunderfist is perched atop a roof that is overlooking the dark busy street below. For once she's here on her own business, looking for clues about her past. So far, she hasn't found anything yet but she knows she's getting close. Something is going to happen tonight, she can feel it in her bones.

Avatar image for chaos_dragon
#2 Posted by Chaos_Dragon (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderfistx:

Earth.

What a cesspit.

Regardless of how he felt about this particular planet (and after all, how many would harbor fond feelings for planet they'd died on?), it felt good to have his boots on a world, again; he'd been spending far too much time doing fleet work. A job was a job, and all that, but most of the action in space involved sitting in giant battlecruisers and desperately hoping that someone ordered a boarding action, or made one against you. That was how he felt about it, at any rate.

So being sent down to secure a drop zone point for a delivery, while mundane enough, was a nice change of pace. He stood, flanked by a number of individuals wearing heavy MRF combat armor, who were ready to take the approaching cargo and transfer it to wherever it needed to go so that whoever could do whatever they were going to do with it. Kallak wasn't one to sweat details.

His inner monologuing was abruptly disrupted by his helmet's communicator. "Be advised, Shadow Brethren psy-scan indicated potential compromise; escort unit may contain individual lacking appropriate mental conditioning."

Huh. He switched his helmet to silent communications mode, ensuring that his companions could not hear his response. "Which one?"

"Unable to triangulate."

Well, that was that, then. Protocol was pretty clear on how these kinds of situations were to be handled. Kallak's hand went to the hilt of his blade, and before his "escort" knew what was happening, he was among them, dealing a death with each movement. It was over in seconds, and his escort was reduced to corpses before any of them even fired a shot. The native scavengers were going to have a buffet on this rooftop in a couple of hours, he mused, as he cleaned and resheathed his blade, resuming his wait as though he'd just itched his nose, and not murdered a dozen humans.

Avatar image for thunderfistx
#3 Posted by Thunderfistx (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_dragon:

No Caption Provided

Do you know what it feels like when someone dies near you? To someone like Thunderfist, who can sense the Chi in every living thing, it's like a light going out all of a sudden. It's there, flickering in the darkness, and then it's not.

Thunderfist is concentrating when she senses the Chi energy leaving the bodies of those murdered humans. Sarah cannot sense their deaths, but only the Chi no longer being there as only living beings can possess Chi and the dead do not.

Sarah's curiosity is now peeked. She glances around and has to focus her vision a little but there. A few blocks away, a man and bodies laying near him. Narrowing her one good eye, Thunderfist decides to investigate since she highly suspects this man to have murdered those people.

Using her parkour skills, Sarah leaps from rooftop to rooftop, climbing up walls, descending downwards, making acrobatic leaps and the like to get to point A to point B. Eventually, she arrives and with swords drawn, ready for anything. She makes no attempt at being stealthy, she wants her presence known. Thunderfist looks at this man, glancing at the bodies, then back at this mystery figure. "You don't seem the type that will surrender. So, shall we fight and see who wins?"

Avatar image for chaos_dragon
#4 Posted by Chaos_Dragon (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderfistx:

Kallak turned as she approached, flicking the blood from his blade with a contemptuous gesture. If her outfit and her approach didn't make her intentions clear, her refreshingly blunt verbal approach did. "Well, aren't we judgemental," he replied in his usual lazy tone, which he used to disguise the fact that he was sizing his newfound foe up, gauging her armaments and physical traits. "I'm curious; what's a surrendering type look like?"

He drew his feet together, pulling his frame ramrod straight, extending his swords towards her and downward in a one-handed grip, so the that tip nearly touched the ground. He'd fought with two swords of his own, in the past, but these days he found himself gravitating towards using only one. It sacrificed some versatility; dual-wielding gave one a lot more options for simultaneous attack and defense, but using a single sword allowed one to strike faster, more powerfully, and with more precision. Just meant he'd have to duck a bit more. "But fine. Let's see whatcha got. Your move."

Avatar image for thunderfistx
#5 Posted by Thunderfistx (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_dragon:

Since Chaos Dragon has tried to gauge his opponent's armaments then Thunderfist appears to be wearing a one eyed mask, two swords strapped to her back in a cross guard fashion, the outfit is definitely some form of body armor and she has a utility belt filled with who knows what. Even under the armor, she's has a great physique and keeps in fine shape. "It basically looks like you lowering your weapons and giving up." Something that she very much doubts that he will do. And based on what Chaos Dragon does next, Sarah is correct.

Then with his challenge issued, Sarah smiles at him. For a moment, she makes no sudden moves. Then all of a sudden, she's an explosive form of energy as she begins to move. Thunderfist's left hand moves her sword to Dragon's right as she tries to force him to defend on that side even as Sarah's right hand comes in from Dragon's left in an attempt to inflict a wound upon his side or arm should he fail to defend or dodge in time.

Avatar image for chaos_dragon
#6 Posted by Chaos_Dragon (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderfistx:

She was good, that much was immediately evident. Her taunt would have led one to believe that she was too inexperienced to recognize his defensive stance, but had he assumed that, he'd have not been ready for her attack. Had she truly thought him lowering his own blade in submission, she would have gone right for the kill; instead, she feinted, only to come at him from the other side.

His cybernetically-enhanced reflexes allowed him to respond in time, swiftly switching to and underhanded grip and bringing his downward-facing blade up and to his left in a parry. It was a close thing, however. If the attack hadn't been more of a probing maneuver than a full assault, he could have been starting the fight down one functional limb. Fast and smart. If the planet had more like her, it might be worth coming here more often.

"Can't go being that obvious, can I?" He chuckled as he took a half-step backwards. "After all, we only just met." With that, he launched an attack of his own, whirling his own blade in a figure-8 arc in front of him to disguise the direction his strike might come from, before snapping his weapon out of its spin and going for a direct, center-of-mass stab. Time to see what you can do on defense.

Avatar image for thunderfistx
#7 Posted by Thunderfistx (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_dragon:

One of the last times Sarah saw the lowering of a blade, as if submitting to her, she had charged straight for her opponent wrongly thinking she had won. The next thing she knew she was laying on her back with a sword to her throat. So, when she saw the lowered blade by Chaos Dragon, she knew immediately what it meant and she knows better than to fall for such a clever tactic. Still, she's got to hand it to the guy. It's a clever move because it shows he thinks strategically. Sarah has to be careful with this one.

As their blades meet, Thunderfist is close to his face plate. Then she let's him make that half step backwards, to say what he says. Enemy or not, she is enjoying the banter between them. As Sarah gets into a defensive stance in preparation for his next move, she doesn't have to wait for long. Once more her enemy shows how intelligent he is by performing such a masterful maneuver that it makes his next strike practically impossible to know where and how it might come. He's good. Despite having only one sword, he knows how to handle me. Sarah is already impressed with Chaos Dragon despite only fighting him for the span of a half a minute.

Thunderfist brings her swords up, barely in time to meet his blade when he makes the figure eight move. His speed is amazing. She's guessing it might be enhanced. But not knowing where his next attack will come from, Sarah thinks it's the better part of valor to retreat just to be on the safe side. So that's what she does. And it's a very good thing too. As Sarah begins to leap back, she barely, oh so barely, stays one step ahead of very tip of the Dragon's blade as she bends her torso. Things almost seem to move in slow motion as she continues moving backwards.

As Thunderfist lands on her feet, away from his blade, she chances to look down really quick. Just as she thought. The tip of that blade of his made a mark in her armor. Thankfully, she's not bleeding, but he still manage make a mark. That blade must be pretty sharp! Now it's time to respond, "I'm glad your not surrendering. It's a lot more exciting when I get a fight."

Thunderfist's turn. First, she does a spin attack, doing a 360 degree spin two times as she tries to use that to break through his defense. Second, she tries landing a head butt followed quickly by a blazingly fast side kick. Sarah follows this up immediately with her last last maneuver as she tries a forward stab with her left handed sword in the hopes that she can manage to wound, or skewer, him.

Thunderfist's move in action
Thunderfist's move in action

Avatar image for chaos_dragon
#8 Posted by Chaos_Dragon (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderfistx:

Kallak burst into furious defensive action. Not since he'd had to dodge an attack from a goddess had he needed to move so fast, his one blade parrying the spinning attack that left him no opening to riposte. He took the headbutt, as well as the kick, both blows, powerful as they were, being somewhat mitigated by his helmet and armor, which threw him off-balance but allowed him enough energy to dodge the thrust that raked along his abdomen instead of skewering him.

Stepping back, he recovered his guard, gripping his blade one-handed as he reached up and removed his helmet, its faceplate now cracked enough to be more of a distraction than protection. Dropping the bit of his kit to the rooftop, he regarded his foe with eyes both organic and bionic, not bothering to conceal the appreciative twisting of the edges of his mouth. It was about damn time he'd met someone like this.

No Caption Provided

"There's no way you're a Terran; they aren't that good. So who's paying you? The Ninjans? The Kalari?"