Wilshere_Estate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Main Manor - Unseen Additions on the Backside
Main Manor - Unseen Additions on the Backside

Nestled in the rolling hills of countryside outside of Cardiff, Wales, sat the Wilshere Estate. It was a home only several generations old – new by many standards – but felt as if it had been a natural part of the scenery for eons.

Architecturally designed with attention to precise detail, it is a large manor with acres of estate, and yet it appears warm and welcoming to all of those who approach. Hidden beneath the warm welcome are cutting edge security measures to deter any who would cause harm, either to the estate directly, or to any who reside there.

The main manor contains numerous bedrooms complete with suites, several sprawling libraries, and a kitchen that, while rustic in ambiance, contains cutting edge appliances.

Assorted Interior Shots

It’s a home that is well loved, and well lived-in. As the centerpoint of the Wilshere Clan, all children maintain at least an occasional residence, some more than other. After the passing of both the Wilshere matriarch and patriarch, ownership of the house has gone to an even split between their five children, with the youngest able to claim her share upon her twenty-first birthday.

The sweeping grounds go on for acre upon acre, allowing more than enough room for all who reside there to keep to themselves, should they choose to, and even escape to the small cottage nestled amongst the hills if they so desire.

Stables
Stables

Among the grounds are luxuries such as: fully equipped stables, a twelve car garage, an intricate maze, sprawling gardens, a sinfully large pool – complete with pool house and spa, and numerous training courses – all designed to suit the particular tastes of all those who reside there.

Assorted Exterior Shots - Including Lakeside Cottage

Rules:

• This is a relatively private location. If you want to wander in, that’s fine, but you should probably have a reason for being here.
  • If you do choose to wander by, regular rules (no god-modding, no destruction without permission etc.) apply.
Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I likes

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would being on vacation be a suitable reason?

ThiefKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must visit sometime with Viictoria

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raysh_Al_Shaytan

@ren_: You did this? I would have sworn it was Impero lol Badass stuff luv

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_: I thought you were Val lol.

Awesome, Z needs a vacation lol

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ren_

@embargo: Ahaha everybody's complimenting me with this mistaken identity stuff lol

Does Z know the Wilshere's O_O

Also, super sidenote, but when I eventually bring Ellie back, we need to do something with her and Z.

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_: Uh? probably not.

We can do that, but Z is kinda on the bench right now lol

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaah! Love! This almost motivates me to wanna go on with Casa de Aensland! But we all know I'm too lazy or otherwise occupied for that.

Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing Mercy made this makes me wanna attack and destroy it......<_<

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, it's up :)

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raysh_al_shaytan: Theoretically speaking, I'm sure the Wilshere family has some artifacts that The League could use. The estate getting destroyed in the process of acquiring said artifacts could just be collateral.

Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raysh_al_shaytan: Theoretically speaking, I'm sure the Wilshere family has some artifacts that The League could use. The estate getting destroyed in the process of acquiring said artifacts could just be collateral.

You're rapidly becoming my right hand man.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ren_
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaah, Grif's engaged mode of awesome!

Avatar image for morgana_wilshere
Morgana_Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Morgana_Wilshere

There’s a certain kind of pain that becomes commonplace to us, that we learn to live with. It’s a kind of pain that walks with us through our everyday lives. And eventually, over time, it becomes a part of us. You can wear that pain as a shield and use it to dull the world around you. Or you can harness that pain and use it as the chip on your shoulder that carries you through.

But it’s there, it’s always there. And it seeps in at the most insidious of times.

It’s pain that we learn to live with. And in some cases, it is pain that we learn to love.

But there is another type of pain. A pain that is so sharp, so forceful, and comes on so quick, that it is debilitating. This isn’t the pain that curls up with you in bed on a bad day. This is the pain that brings you to your knees and prevents you from functioning. This is the pain that catches in your chest and traps your breath there. This is the pain that shoots through your veins like fire. This is the pain that takes over every facet of your life, obscuring who you are until it is all that is left.

I had lived with the first kind of pain for years, since the death of my father. He passed when I was younger. The pain dulls over time. You lose memories. You forget those little mannerisms. And then out of the blue, it hits you in the face clear as day. But still…you feel guilty. Guilty for moving on, guilty for no longer holding that pain so close to your heart. I knew he would have wanted me to move on, but what did it say about me when it finally started happening? That pain, that dull throbbing pain, I knew. It was my friend. My longtime companion.

Sometimes I forget what it’s like to not be in pain, to not have this core of heartache that you carry with you at all times.

But that pain…I would take that pain over the pain that is currently shocking my system every day.

It’s one thing to lose one parent before their time. Accidents happen. Nature claims people too early. It is what it is. These are all things that are told to you again and again. People mean well, they truly do. But it does nothing to ease the emptiness inside of you, the hole where part of your heart once was.

To lose both parents so early…it’s a crime against nature. A crime against family. I don’t understand how it could happen to me, how it could happen to anybody.

I don’t know how to inhabit a world that my parents do not.

I hadn’t cried yet. They say that’s normal – holding the pain in, not having a release. A cathartic release, is what they call it. I didn’t want catharsis, I didn’t want a release. I still don’t know what I want.

No, that’s a lie. I know exactly what I want. But it’s something that I’ll never be able to have.

I haven’t gone back home yet. I’d been driving for four hours, avoiding every road that would take me there. Is it home when your parents are gone, I wonder. Is it home when your brother is in a coma? Is it still home when everything inside of you dreads setting foot on the land that was once your safe haven? Home is where the heart is, right? But what happens when your heart is broken, shattered into pieces on the ground, with no path to put it back together again? What happens when your heart is buried six feet underground?

What had once been the comforting crunch of gravel underneath the wheels of a sports car – the indication that I was pulling into the sweeping cul-de-sac driveway – was now the dreaded beacon of a return I had avoided for as long as possible.

The cold bit at my face, and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. It was always a bane to me. Whenever I drank, and whenever the wind whipped, my cheeks showed it starkly, red spots flushing high on the bone structure.

I shoved my hands into the pocket of my wool trenchcoat, as if that small warmth could soothe the chill that went deep into my bones. It did no such thing.

My breath clouded in the air as I exhaled slowly, trying to breathe past the slow burning stemming from the approximate location of where my heart was. It hurt to look at my home, even from the driveway. It hurt to be on this land. There was no part of this that didn’t hurt me, down to the core of who and what I was.

I wasn’t entirely sure who I was anymore.

The sudden sound of happy yips and barking took me by surprise, and soothed me like a balm to the spirit. Two years ago I had discovered abandoned Siberian Husky-wolf hybrids on our estate. They had been abandoned by their mother at approximately six weeks of age, and my parents had been unable to deny my request to adopt them; especially after Kieran had promised to help me take care of them.

They ran to me at a quick pace. I think they sensed what I needed. As they approached, all the pain overtook me at once. I fell to my knees before I knew what was happening, all strength leaving my legs. The mud slid against my jeans, and I couldn’t find it in me to care. All I could find it in me to do was cry, as I wrapped an arm around each of the animals, holding them close to my body, burying my face against their fur.

I don’t know how long I sobbed for, there in the grass of the sweeping front lawn. All I know is that I couldn’t stop, not for the life of me. All the pain of the past month – of the past years, since my father’s death – it all came out. But there was no catharsis, no release, nothing soothing. I still felt empty. There was still a hole in me.

In that moment, there was nothing but me, my pain, and the only beings to have brought me any solace in the past month. I realized I couldn’t be here, not at this house. Not knowing that Kieran was in there, lying comatose in bed. Not knowing that at any moment, a sibling may happen upon me. I can’t…I just can’t see them, not yet. I thought I was ready, but I am so far from it that it’s almost laughable.

It didn’t take long for me to sprint through the saturated grass and down to the stables. My parents were adamant that as children we begin developing a large repertoire of skills and abilities. One of my favorites had always been horseback riding.

There’s nothing quite as freeing as riding horseback, galloping across the grounds. And that freedom is what I need right now.

Zeus was named for the thunderous noise that his large hooves caused. He’s been mine for several years. It took a short amount of time to saddle him and escape, with the wolfdogs trotting along behind us.

Finally, we reached the small lakeside cottage. Several miles away on the estate from the main house, situated on a lake nestled within the hills, it was like a world unto itself. It had been the solace of my parents when they decided that they were fed up with us, and a secret escape for each of their children at some point during their lives.

My breath hitched on a sob stuck in my throat as I entered. It smelled like home. My mother’s favored perfume hung in the air. The candles that she’d always lit were strewn about. There were mementos everywhere. I could see an old sweater of hers draped across the arm of the couch, and I stripped off my wool jacket and pulled the Irish seaman’s cableknit sweater on over my head.

I took a deep breath as the man’s-sized sweater hung on my frame. It was like the ghost of her was there with me. Like I could almost, almost feel her.

The animals were sniffing around, nudging against my legs as a reminder that they were still there, that they weren’t leaving me.

Exhaustion overtook me, even as tears began to silently fall down my face. They didn’t remain silent for long, though. The sounds that came out of me were sounds I’d never made before, sounds that were alien to my ears. I couldn’t have been more thankful that none of my siblings were here, witness to this breakdown.

Instead, Apollo and Artemis sidled up to either side of me as I curled into a ball on the carpet in front of the fireplace, my dead mother’s sweater wrapped around, a pet on either side. Maybe they were right about catharsis. Because even though the pain was still there, I a sense of exhaustion was beginning to come over me. I hadn’t slept more than three hours a night since my mother’s death, and I could feel the sweet release of exhausted slumber creeping into the edges of my vision.

I gave in without a fight, sinking into the darkness with the hope that it would provide me any measure of comfort.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_: I wasn't helping, I'm sure he already had ideas for this place, I was just giving them voice.

If anything, my "help" served as a warning of things to come.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_grifter_: I'll rephrase 'helping' with 'encouraging' lol

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Grifter_

@ren_: You begging him not to destroy The Wilshere Estate is far more encouraging than my suggestion lol

Sorciere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_: Once Kieran recovers from his coma, I'll have the Wilshere siblings all come here to interact with Morgana :)

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Yes, please! I'm also having Aeron move in temporarily, I think.

@sorciere: ♥

@_grifter_: I hate that you're right lol

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'd been nervous, didn't matter the danger Victoria leapt toward it without hesitation. This though scared her, it had taken time just to accept it even happened. Kieran had always seemed untouchable, as if nothing could phase him. Had a smile that lit up the room and a personality that could turn the bleakest moment into a delightful one. If you were in need of anything Kieran seemed the man to call always willing to help. Despite the willingness to return the favor it was never taken up on however. The gentlemen Welsh not wanting someone to have to ruin a good day to aid in the mess. Or maybe that was just what Tori told herself to ease he own unrest at not having been there to help. Victoria could die helping Kieran and be at perfectly at ease with that fate. Because her best friend was worth it.

Of course he wasn't always seen as her best friend if she was entirely truthful to herself she initially wished for more. Ultimately she never considered acting on such thoughts. The Lioness came before Victoria she'd reminded herself. That and Tori knew her lifestyle was a limited one. She was only human eventually her suit of armor wouldn't be enough to save her. Cybernetics throughout her body were a testimony to that, if not for machines making up at least a third of her body she'd be dead or a cripple long before now. Proud and fearless she'd dared to challenge Darkchild and Warsman even in her acts of heroism. Daring to so much as drive up to the estate was more intimidating then either of those encounters.

Didn't help that she'd never really met anybody of the family. She'd come close to meeting one of Kieran's sisters that was on the op that led Tori to confront Geo however. She'd had to leave abruptly from injuries and as such never met the sister. So not only did she know she was going in to see arguably the strongest man she knew and indisputably the best person she knew, in a coma. She also knew that she didn't know any of the family and as such thought she'd be no help in the grief. For a second she considered just turning around.

She reminded herself though she was a lion, it wasn't about being fearless but refusing to let fear win over. Reminded herself that to many good times were had to not be there for the bad as well. She might of still been a bit of a stranger but any condolence was a comfort. Estranged from her own kin she also could use company herself.

The 2015 obsidian colored Lotus Elise pulled into the driveway it's engines emitting a purr that the Windsor found comforting. A minute passed of her simply steeling herself. Jeans a tank-top and her granddad's military jacket made up her attire image didn't equate to much for her. It was still just facing the reality of the situation eventually she made it out of the sports car and to the door to deliver a brief knock.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: that's good right lol

Said I'd post so I did ;p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: ^_^

Going into the post I realized seeing this is more the stuff that scares her. She's very sisterly/maternal she's got no issue rushing up and trying to punch a god like villain it's seeing a friend or family in a hospital bed that'd get under her skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: Aww, she's a closet sweetheart LOL.

I'll have something up in due time.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I kind of want to reply to that with Aeron, but I'm so busy D:

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: it's not even closeted :P I imagine most people can read her like an open book emotionally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: Probably ;)

@mercy_ said:

I kind of want to reply to that with Aeron, but I'm so busy D:

I'd love it if you did :)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@fraga: Well, now I have to lol.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: she's great at being the Lioness being a soldier etc. When it comes to friends and family she's easy to figure out however and bad at hiding I imagine anything. Only reason she's distant is cause she thinks it'll make her death easier to handle for said friends and family

@mercy_: you should ^.^

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: I'm at my dad's right now, but I'll have a post for you by the end of the night

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: I'm at my dad's right now, but I'll have a post for you by the end of the night

If you drink all the rum before I get home...you are grounded.

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

She wasn't sure when exactly it had happened, but somewhere along the way, Aeron had taken up residence in the Wilshere estate. Long nights poring over last wills and testaments, arranging details, facilitating the lives of those who remained. Long days of taking care of household duties, of watching over Kieran, of wandering empty halls and trying to find some semblance of the spark that used to be there; they had all spun together. And sooner rather than later, she had amassed a small collection of clothing and personal items, and before she knew it, it had just been easier to take up residence.

That was a little over a week ago. In the time following that, nothing had hit her so hard as Morgana's return. Aeron had been sworn to secrecy, and hidden the sleek car at the back of the sinfully large garage, but the Wilshere brothers and Jill knew that their little sister had returned. It was simply that everybody was giving her the room she needed. The death of the Wilshere matriarch had struck nobody as hard as it had struck the Wilshere Wildling, but it was Aeron who was still reeling from Kieran's coma.

There was nobody in the world, she suspected, who had the ability to light up a room the way that he did. It almost felt like a personal affront to nature to be sad when you were near Kieran; being in the presence of such warmth and goodness had a contagious effect on those around him. And now, of all times, was when he was needed most.

The kitchen she stood in was a warm one. The appliances were all cutting edge, it was large, it could seem imposing, but there were small personal effects strewn about. And she had been part of many a dinner that took place, with everybody making small talk and jests around the table. On more than one occasion, things had devolved into a foodfight, and on several of those occasions, she had come out the victor due to her impeccable aim and agile reflexes.

A nostalgic smile curved her lips as she tucked a strand of blue-black hair behind her ear, and shoved her hands into the pockets of her skinny jeans. A small hint of movement caught her eye from outside the front window as the sound of a smooth motor purred. They hadn't been expecting company, but it was not unusual for visitors to approach and leave their well-wishes. More than a few family friends had stopped by with food after the service for Malene. It seemed that food was the go-to form of showing condolences, and the stocked restaurant-size fridge would attest to that.

She moved quietly through the house, her sock-clad feet making little noise across the mahogany wood floors as she meandered through, approaching the front door. She gave a cursory peek through the peephole, more out of habit than anything. She was a woman who had lived alone all of her adult life, and had learned well the merits of being diligent with her own security.

She pulled away from the peephole and opened the door, stepping aside to allow Victoria Windsor into the house. The two had run into each other several times, both in work and social circles. She was one of the most valiant figures that Aeron had come across, and more than worthy of the friendship of the Wilshere's.

In what she knew was an almost nervous mannerism, Aeron absentmindedly ran a hand through her hair as the two women made eye contact. "Victoria. I was wondering when you'd show up. Did you want to see him?"

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aeron_glyndwr: (sorry for delay <3 it's a bit short but it felt right at this length)

It'd been some time sense Tori had seen Aeron, didn't help that Tori had a habit of vanishing out of the blue. Moments when she went off to tinker with tech and to help her not let others get to attached. It was easy for her to see someone as a friend making her easy to befriend. Of course Tori was so protective that she sought to not want people to close so as not to hurt them. If someone was to try and sum up Victoria in two words it'd be big sister. She'd go leaps and bounds for others but always tried to be strong and distant enough to also never hurt another.

Of course she had her moments of vulnerability as well. It'd been some time sense she'd seen Aeron. Tori also was good at reading people, a trait mastered over her time on the field. Moment the door was open it was an inescapable hug instantly sisterly as was Tori's nature. While Victoria would never admit to it however it was partly for herself.

"That's a good question do I?" She wasn't entirely sure herself. "I should of been there..." Relinquishing the vice like hug she looked up so both pairs of azure eyes were locked. "Let's catch up first maybe. How are you? The others? Anything you could use my help with?" It was easier for her to lend a hand then face the reality of this house. Everything about it screamed of warmth and comfort. Stepping in the house wasn't lightening hearts like it should however.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_: LOL never apologize to me for length one way or another. I'd take quality over quantity, and as long as it's quality, don't mind reading a novel. I'll try and have a response up tonight. I think that Tori may be my favorite character of yours.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vocal

@ren_: thanks ^.^ She's one of mine to easy to write fun to play.

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: @lioness_:

Tension strung through her entire body. She'd been on edge for weeks. Not enough sleep, and too much time to think were the deadliest of combinations. Her mind had gone down dark paths - truly frightening ones. She'd had to chase the light back. Aeron was known as dependable, she had always been such to those who were given her loyalty, and perhaps even to her own detriment at times.

She'd be lying if she said she weren't grateful for somebody outside of the Wilshere clan showing their face at this particular moment in time. The house was large, empty, and it echoed with memories. Memories that were less damaging to her than to any of the Wilshere's undoubtedly, but damaging nonetheless. She had been trying to fill the void, and was unsure if she'd succeeded in any manner or not.

Her hand rested gently on Tori's forearm, an absentminded sign of comfort. "He didn't even tell his siblings, Tori. He especially didn't tell them. Nobody could have been there. You know Kieran and the lengths that he'll go to protect those he loves, those he cares for. Nobody ever had a chance to be there, so there's no use feeling guilt over that." Although they both would. As soon as the name Rama Red was spoken, Aeron should have figured that Kieran would do something as god-awfully dumb as he had. If she were honest with herself, there was anger beneath the surface - or irritation - irritation and hurt.

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders, looking around the house as they walked into the living room. It was an open, lived-in space. With windows that showed a view of the sprawling gardens, the expansive stone steps leading down to them, and the pool that sat nestled just before them. Furniture was positioned around the room to create conversation areas, and she and the Wilshere's had spent many a night here, regaling the others with tales of exploits and good-natured jesting.

Tucking her legs underneath her, she took a seat in the corner of the supple leather couch, knowing that Tori would do the same, should she be so inclined. "I'm same old, same old. Duties at night, usually here during the day." As a Guardian, a protector both against and of the supernatural that roamed the world, her duties were very rarely done, and she was very rarely left in peace for a night. "The rest of them have spread. They all have their own ways of coping, just as we all do. I think they're working their way towards coming back here, and facing what they have to. Morgana is already back." But that was all she would say of the youngest Wilshere. The knowledge that she had returned to the estate was being kept from her siblings, at least for the time being - although Aeron suspected that they already knew, and were humoring their baby sister with the time that she needed to piece her mind and soul back together.

Aeron rested her forehead against her knees, taking a deep breath, and letting the shell crack for just a moment. She was bone-weary, soul-weary. "Honestly, Tori, just your company is already improving my day by a marked degree. I really do have to thank you for stopping by."

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aeron_glyndwr:

Victoria took a moment to remove her shoes by the door the boots neatly tucked out of the way. Part of it was for her own comfort, told herself this was a home away from home. It was also a subtle way of her saying she was staying to help. They didn't have much choice in the matter. She wouldn't invite herself in, but she was staying. She'd pitch a tent on the front lawn if she had to. Catching up she snagged the opposite end of the couch. There was plenty of seats she could of taken but that was the only one that mattered to her.

The home was astounding, reminded Tori of the times she played Windsor over Lionfang. Thankfully the Wilshere were a tight knit family just because the home was massive didn't mean the family hid in opposite corners. She wondered what growing up here had been like. Victoria grew up in a much smaller house the living room cramped when everyone was in it. Total family members in the house only ever reaching six. "Your right shouldn't feel guilty but you know I do."

The lioness didn't have to say anything else in regaurd to that statement she'd allready said it all. When it came to the job she was a remarkable agent could lie her way out of a lie detector could think on her feet at all times. When it came to being human though she was relatively vulnerable and obvious. The issue for her was that she didn't need protecting didn't want it. Her and Kieran had a history of fighting side by side he was protective but the wolf and lioness should have been standing on a united front for such an ordeal. A tear didn't escape only sign was a briefly clinched fist before returning her hands to an easy rest.

"Welcome. Couldn't be there for him so I ought to be here for you and the others. Need anything come to me." She smiled her expression despite heart fealt had a hint of a demanding quality. "My coping method was denial. Spent time locked up in that little room turned garage tinkering as I do. Can't hide from it forever though."

Avatar image for corvus_wilshere
Corvus_Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have so much to do.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for corvus_wilshere
Corvus_Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Yeeeah, I don't... I don't get the reference.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers