∮ The Underground ∮ (CVnU Team & Location thread)

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Heading here now that I am unbanned.

That should be interestingly badass

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Strigidae_77

@quintus_knightfall@ashley_knightfall:

Knightfall Museum;
Midnight.

No Caption Provided

Thus far Gothic City proved a worthy challenge for me. A complex habitat composed of both the old and the new, the broken and the fixed. In no other city could I find such a diversity of obstacles, buildings to climb and sights to behold. It also helps that the weathered architecture provides easy grappling points.

Apropos: Thanks to the protruding ledges and seperated sgrafitto that covers the whole of this almost ancient building, this shrine to fallen heroes, I ascend to it's spacious roof with unparalleled ease and grace. But as I do, I feel the history embedded deep within it's facade, seeping over my finger tips. Every nook and cranny that I grasped unraveled more of the story, one of betrayal and abandonment. Of hope and a knight's downfall. Remorse incarnate.

I take a breather after scaling the old structure. Take a moment to take it all in and look around Gothic City. No city has made me feel like this, this feeling of...anxiety and depression that began to take roots within my heart. I need to escape. Move. So I do.

But all it takes is a wrong step. In moments I covered half of the rooftop and felt it responding to my every step. Fighting against me like a virus. Suddenly I hear it, the sound of bristle wood under my foot. Too late now, too late to reevaluate my path. The roof breaks and swallows me whole before I can even utter "Mon dieu.". I spin in mid air uncontrollably, the most frightening vision coming closer and closer: floor. Luckily, it doesn't hold. I smash through it.

Finally at the end of my journey, lying covered in debris that came down with me. At first adrenaline soothes the pain, the weight of the remains that covered my chest. Feeling helpless, cold, hurt and alone...

First falls are always the hardest.

Avatar image for nemesis_liafador
Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

77 is a badass

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

@quintus_knightfall: Will have something up tonight and that means tonight lol. Got my day off today and lil demon (I know that's karma) goes to bed in few hours

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_77: (If you dont want Q knowing his identity jus say the word and I'll edit accordingly.)

A low hum proceeded the bright illumination of the K-avern coming to life. With the unexpected arrival of the parkour phenom, the Knightfall's integrated, and rather rudimentary, A.I. began assessing the potential threat level contained within the impromptu intrusion. However the system's patch-work construction was far from complete, thus allowing the free-runner an unimpeded glimpse inside the mercurial cave.

No Caption Provided

Life size glass capsules housed a series of past, present, and future Knightfall battle attire, ranging from contemporary fabrics to more elaborate feats of engineering genius. Various accoutrements from the Noir Rose's exploits were ascetically placed throughout the command post. Serving as a muted walk down memory lane and historic accounts. New York, the Civil War, even a holographic projection of Anthony Stark's one man stand against the League of Assassins on the White House lawn played on a continuous loop.

From beyond the darkness though the shadows had begun to shift and sway. As if they had been given life. Opal hued optics suddenly flashed open before a towering figure stepped forth. Cape firmly closed across his massive chest, cowl perfectly tailored as to mask his identity.

The air was literally saturated with tension as the Dark Arashikage purposefully remained silent. Stoically adorned with confidence, the enigmatic Knightfall unexpectedly walked past the intruder. Taking a seat behind the massive computer screen that ran the cave and its ecliptic programs. "Olivier Ishmael Sayyar, the 77th Strigidae. Free runner extraordinaire." The affirmation finally broke an eternity of silence. As well as premiering Quintus' diligent research into all things Arcani and Strigidae related. After his near fatal encounter with the Konite Cobra, the 100th Strigidae, the Dark Arashikage had painstakingly begun a campaign of informational research. Knowledge was power and when possible, Quintus preferred to be the most powerful person in the room.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Course. One man vs an entire team? Legendary.

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: I don't mind at all. I'm going to work him into a proper badass later, now he's just a kid who fell through your roof lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@quintus_knightfall: Wonder what type of man Reality-M Stark was.. Hm..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He was the World's first and most celebrated celebrity superhuman?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Pyrogram

@quintus_knightfall: Wanna know how weird it is? Superior Stark in the comics started using a symbiote suit or something, I used that idea like 2 months before it was revealed 616 Stark had a symbiote based suit >_< Marvel jacked my idea xP

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: LOl I've seen that happen alot on here actually. I wonder....

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Them writers be creepin...

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant seem to get started lol. Motivation lacking

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lack of caffeine headache is hitting me full force right now

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Watching as Quintus came into view and began to spoke, Gen pulled Benji back into their mind and the two spoke. "That is not Quintus....perhaps...hmmm. I can assure you that man before us is not the Knightfall I met. He seems...well too be honest hes less of a douchebag out right. This is odd...cant you feel that?"Benji shook his head and looked back through his eyes at Quintus. "He seems normal to me, whats the problem?" Gen returned control over their body to Benji, but spoke as he did in an almost whispered tone "Dead people walk and talk different, that man is not dead nor ever has been. Stay on alert..."Returning to the now, Benji nodded as a bead of sweat fell from his brow due to his nervous nature.

As smart and almost anti-social he was prior to meeting Gen, that has changed for the most part. But being recruited by someone with the name Knightfall filled him with glee. He bowed quickly before asking "So why me?" He asked in as blunt form he could, what Gen had told him stuck. If Gen thought this was odd, then it might very well be odd. Did he know about the two of them? Or was his invitation based purely on the outage of power he gave off. Did he simply want a tank? Or was there something more going unsaid...

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Olivier Ishmael Sayyar, the 77th Strigidae. Free runner extraordinaire."

"Où t'es, mama? <Where are you, momma?>", I utter out confused from the fall, responding to the indiscernable voice that called out my name. It was a bitter awakening from a sweet dream, one where I don't have to run any longer. One where me and my family, my mother, no longer have to be seperated. Sitting together in our apartment debating over irrelevant topics...I would have never thought how much I would miss a good waste of time.

My eyes open, but I immediately frown out of reflex as the intense lighting hits my retina. Following moments are spent violently blinking as I try to approximate my surroundings and as I do I cannot hope but to think "Awkward." in regards to my previous statement. For I see the Man of Bats sitting at his grand machine like a paranoid god watching every corner of the world. But what was more ridiculous was the area itself, a spacious cavern.

In awe I try shrug off the debris before attempting to stand up...in pain I fall down again. This intrusion in my side, this spiking pain that appeared whenever I tried to move. Must have busted a rib or two when I fell..."Merde.". I need to go to the hospital soon, find a way out of this place even sooner.

I anxiously survey the area, my sights zooming around the cavern in hopes of finding something, a path to set me free. Or a bright green exit sign if nothing else. But I see only the light escaping from the hole in the ceiling that I created. Then in the moment of hopelessness I remember a calling, it was the man that faced me with his back.

"Hai?", where did that come from? The embarassing femine notes of my voice invoked by the gravitas of this situation? I will never know, but I am now certain that I am not good at making first impressions.

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassidy was sitting in the nursery, rocking Thomas to sleep when the alarm went off. He lay on her chest, warm and at peace and with the shrill sound emanating from her ever-present PDA. "Hush, hush." Her lips brushed against the crown of his head and she inhaled the unique scent of baby powder. "Mommy has to go to work now." She laid him back down in the crib adjacent to his sister's and exited the nursery, passing Kastiel on her way out. "Thank you." She whispered the words as he entered the nursery, taking vigil over the twins with Raith at his feet.

Pulling the PDA off her hip, Cass accessed her data systems. It was a Priority 1, the highest level emergency that could be set. Sliding out her ear piece she slipped it in, going into critical response mode. Tying her hair up on top of her head as she spoke, everything was said with a sense of urgency. "Aria, systems report ASAP."

>She and the Ninjans have launched attacks. The West Coast of the US is currently being decimated, as is Poland. There are mass casualties and critical damage. The starships are orbiting. By all appearances this is the launch of an attack on the entire planet.<

With that tidbit of information Cass took off running for the Arcadian, the exclusive data center and research and gear facility hidden beneath the Order of Saint Camisia cathedral, unknown to most. Taking a brief second to frantically pound on Jean's bedroom door regardless of what he may or may not be doing behind it, Cass yelled out for him as she ran. "JEAN. Arcadian, NOW."

Five minutes later and they were set up with all the information feeds. Holographic screens and projections danced before them as unmitigated displays of destruction wreaked havoc on the unsuspecting citizens. "It's going to be a global assault. Sha is going to stop at nothing. She's beyond convincing, she's beyond redemption. She has an entire damn army and I can't believe that she has anything in mind other than burning the world to ash. Aria, zoom in on Sector 2814 of screen C5."

>Are you trying to zoom in on ass's again?<

"Aria, dammit, we're in a state of emergency, just do it."

Cass turned her gaze sideways, her eyes meeting Jean's as they both caught site of what she'd zoomed in on. "That's Kurrent."There was a pressed air of urgency in the room, the nearly silent whirring of the super-computers in the background as the holographs illuminated the darkness. Standing up from her seat, Cass put in the earwig once more, broadcasting on the frequency of everybody who was currently associated with the OSC, everybody from long-time members Angelique and Cassidy to the newer recruits like the enigmatic Flucks. "This is Cassidy Lockheart-Starks, broadcasting on Alpha 1. We have imminent world-wide catastrophe, the epicenters of which are California and the US West Coast and Poland. This is a non-optional endeavor. I will repeat again, the Earth is under attack by the Ninjans, all agents of the Order are being called in."

Turning to Jean once again, she gripped his hand tightly. This was something that neither of them had ever seen. Grabbing the PDA, she queued up part of her databank, getting the broadest access codes for communication with SWORD.

"SWORD? I repeat, SWORD? This is Cassidy Lockheart-Starks requesting permission to be put through to your commander in chief under Protocol EA7. Earth is under attack, we need immediate assistance. Do you copy? I repeat, do you copy?"She waited tersely for a reply, knowing that they would have to pull out all of the big guns.

"This is war, Jean and not your run of the mill war. This is a full-scale invasion and an attempted decimation." Reflected on her pale skin were images of utmost horror and atrocity, citizens being struck down with ferocious brutality. "Time to mobilize."

This might by one of my favorite posts of mine.

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is ever gonna beat the Angelique and Cass dynamic tbh

This is one of my favorite posts that G's ever written

The self-proclaimed King of Kings was already in-route when the telepathic plea of his daughter momentarily consumed his thoughts, intensifying his already conflicted emotions concerning her fate. Everything she was, everything she had turned out to be was a direct result of her improvable upbringing. The inherited abilities of her mother and father had plotted a predetermined path that had seen the would be assassin taken into countless confrontations as an adolescent child strapped to the back of her deadly father. Her photographic reflexes cataloging moves her feeble body would not be able to replicate for years. Her entire childhood devoted to the articulated operatic academy of martial arts and death. A method repeated time and again with his children, including Cassidy O'Rourke. With the hope of the trio one day succeeding the Living Legend as a trinity of leadership over the League of Assassins. But such an ambitious in-devour was quickly abdicated when the realization that three elite level assassins could not, and would not, thrive in the shadow of one another. Armed with this knowledge, Jean Luc was content on letting the law of nature, survival of the fittest, play itself out. But time has a way of changing one's ideals and beliefs and eventually, thawing even the most frozen of hearts.

From the poison clouded shadows a metal object sliced through the air redirecting the lethal spike toed death strike just seconds before impact. Impeding itself in the wall just above Angelique's motionless body. Donning a greyish tinted gas mask Gambler swooped down, seemingly out of thin air intervening in the bloody conflict. Hitting the ground without a wasted motion he reached into his utility belt retrieving an auto-injector syringe filled with an unknown compound. Immediately plunging it into the Paper Monkey's heart before pausing briefly to brush aside the dilapidated strains of hair draping into her macabre eyes.

Rising slowly, his attention still focused down on the defeated Angelique, he softly spoke, "Its over Cassidy, tis time to go. Dhere is an onslaught of unstoppable Ninjan clones headed dis way. Tis a battle dee three of us cannot hope to survive. Dee victory is yours. If you wish anything further dhen dat.....you'll have to kill me first." Kneeling down he then cradled his daughter up into his arms, the hate filled gaze of Mercy burning a hole in his back as he began to walk towards the exit. "No matter how long it takes I promise, I'll make you whole again mon cher, I swear it." he whispered in the comatosed assassins ear.

Placing the lifeless body in the back section of Odyssey Dawn v4.0 and leaping into the cockpit he waited to see if the slighted Raven would accompany him to DC and the final battle.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: I feel deep into the nostalgia pit...I just reread solid chunks of three RPGs

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Did you still want Raysh being the one to have Isis be canon? I'm happy to change that out for something else if you just wanted to sweep that aside.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

It was a simple question, 'why me?' "Your....alter ego is a virtual vault of experience. And if Gothic is going to be saved, I mean truly saved, then the Underground is going to need strong leadership. I wont always be here to govern the squad." Suggesting that his time would eventually be split into separate factions. "With a little training and focus I think you will one day become a captain amongst soldiers."

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_: I dont know. Been debating it for awhile now.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

You don't sound too excited for it..I'm going to need to hype it up a bit. I'll get back to you in a couple of days.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_ said:

@quintus_knightfall:

You don't sound too excited for it..I'm going to need to hype it up a bit. I'll get back to you in a couple of days.

-________________________-

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By _Nox_

@quintus_knightfall:

Fine...I'll have something for you tomorrow, GRANDPA. We can finally close the League of Shadows saga as planned and then I'll move on to the Underground.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>When bae don't reply.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#190  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@_nox_: G isn't allowed to battle anyone until he replies to my interaction :P

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By _Nox_
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Barking inside there mind Gen angrily let out a loud "Knew it!!!"The internal fight for control over their body was physically visible to those who could read body language. His muscles tensed as Gen barked orders inside their merged mind "We need to either decimate this entire facility or leave. I cannot have this charlatan have even a semblance of control over me, his other self would never and neither will he. So..."Suddenly Benji took control of their mind and body, a strike of lightning filled his mind as he barked even louder than Gen himself "No! I will do as I see fit with my body, you are tagging along. And if you could exist without my body you already would have, so shut your god damn mouth!" Shaking his head slightly he looked to Quintus and smiled a nervous one, nodding slightly as he spoke "I am very pleased to know that you already know of my....predicament. Neither of us are in full control over this body, but we normally work fairly well together."

"F#ck you, you insolent little piss ant. The only reason I haven't destroyed your feeble mind is....you intrigue me. Not that I cant....I choose not to....f%cker."

Ignoring Gen for the moment, he continues to speak with Quintus. "What exactly do you know about us or even me for that matter? I tried to remain pretty unseen and unheard of up until a few days ago when our merger spiked my power levels quite substantially..."

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: I know I Suck said I'd join on first page and only now am I ready v.v

That said introductions are in order and coming soon :D after a bit o work it'll be time to introduce thy self proper

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I don't feel good D:

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#197 Feral Nova  Moderator
Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

If Alex was being true to herself this might be one of the worst introductions ever. When you wanted to work with someone usually you didn't break into their home. That's not how you turn in a resume that's how you get shot. However it was something she really couldn't help she lived for danger, or to be more exact the adventure to come from it all. She grew up dreaming of being like dad and exploring the world at large. To traverse the world and visit places of myth and lore, Gothic had a way of killing dreams like that however a way of sucking people into it's void and never letting go.

There was an out however, rumors of a team were getting around. Of course the focus of a team was to safeguard something but that wasn't to say it couldn't have perks. Or at the least the trouble to come from this team might fill that lack in adventure the young explorer wanted. The news did have an ocasional report of criminals being shot and malled. Theories of a pet tiger or alligator and an archer playing vigilante. Alex couldn't commit to doing such work at large however, the risk was high and her resources few. It was mostly a side job saving up money and helping when she could. To go against the crime of Gothic one had to be ready for war something Alex wasn't ready for. Hopefully this would change that.

After much searching throughout the underbelly of Gothic Alex uncovered caves. It was mostly just a hunch but she figured something would be down here. Might not even be a bat fetish vigilante maybe she'd just find a criminal element. All she knew for sure was that the caves were long and deep with plenty of room for at least someone to take refuge. And for that reason she slowly crept further inward.

It was easy first just walking along was all it took, careful steps sure but nothing strenuous. Eventually the paths started to narrow deep chasms resting below. Further in and the river and stalactites began to make the path slick slightest misstep all it'd take to be falling a long while. Even further in and she found herself trudging through water fighting the cold as she continued downward. More then once the ground was uneasy leading to a plummet downward where her climbing axe nearly failed her the window of survival a delicate thread. Moments where the flow of water brushed her over the ledge her hands hanging on with a white knuckle entensity.

After using her bow to rappell across a large gap she found herself on a ledge no more then a hands width in scale. Back so close to the wall it's crevices threatend to dig in her back and the amount of space was still minute. She could see it though architecture was closing in, modifications to stone that told of something more then just wet caves. Of course just because she was cold didn't mean a machine wouldn't find her thermal signature. A few of those close moments were loud people might have heard her. Regardless though she was getting closer to something be it just some cave dwellers or the hero she was seeking answers were just around the corner. She could be walking into a situation far out of her comfort zone but all she felt was a racing excited heart.

(Tried to imply she'd never make it in without being spotted and might not even be in the right cave. As it's your place so it ought to be your call)

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be on all weekend. Will catch up on owed posts then :)

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers