For eons, an ancient being as old as the stars, known only as "The Keeper", bestowed her cosmic power to a select group of the galaxy's denizens. Her will was simple, for her selected champions to battle and defend the innocent from the innumerable evils that plagued the cosmos...
With the Amulet of The Keeper, and calling forth her power, these chosen would become The Supernova Rangers.
The Supernova Rangers are an intergalactic fighting force that consists of up to six members at a time (Sometimes even fewer). Their goals are straightforward, in that they do anything and everything within their power to defend the galaxy's planets from all forms of evil. Outside of this constant goal, how exactly the Rangers fight for justice is up to each respective member. Throughout the ages, some rangers have worked alone for their entire run, while some worked together as a mighty team.
Rising Star: Becoming a Ranger
From the very first beings that were chosen to wield the Amulets, the selection process hasn't changed from it's pure process. Almost the instant a Ranger has fallen and died, their Amulet ascends to the stars, and returns to The Keeper. Whenever The Keeper decides that it is time to replace said Ranger, she will cast the Amulet out into the cosmos, designed to randomly seek out beings of only the purest of heart, along with other criteria.
- The Chosen must be of pure heart, an unselfish heart that genuinely has a need to do good.
- The Chosen has to have at least displayed one act of self sacrifice once in their lives. The Amulet, being capable of seeing a being's entire past, is capable of seeing through deception.
- The Chosen must be without any special powers or abilities beforehand, average. This is due to the fact that The Keeper created The Amulets to empower the weak. They were never intended for enhanced beings.
Once the Amulet has chosen it's next wielder, said Chosen is instantly teleported to The Keeper's pocket dimension, where she will personally offer them the chance to wield The Amulet. Should the Chosen refuse, they are sent back to where they were taken, their memories wiped clean of the experience.
Should the Chosen accept? Then they are officially bonded to The Amulet, and becomes a Supernova Ranger. Due to the common nature of one Ranger at a time being replaced, instead of multiple, the Chosen naturally takes on the color of the Ranger they're replacing.
An important note, is how there are other ways for a Ranger to lose possession of their Amulet. There are rare circumstances where they are actually revoked of their power. Some cases throughout history:
- If a Ranger uses their power for any selfish acts. Whether it be for personal gain, unnecessary violence or even petty revenge.
- If a Ranger loses their spirit, as in their will to properly serve the cause. This is a complicated case, and a Ranger might be bestowed with the Amulet once again, should they regain their spirit.
- The most extreme case, which has only happened once in the Supernova Rangers history, using the Amulet's power for evil. Not only will their power be stripped, but the one Ranger who has done this was also banished to a desolate (but habitable) planet in total exile for their actions by The Keeper personally.
Glimmering Justice: To be a Ranger
The Supernova Rangers, as mentioned above, operate differently from generation to generation. Some adopting a "divide and conquer" method and separating to different quadrants, so that they can defend the galaxy on many fronts. While others utilize strength in numbers, and work as a squad or team to vanquish threats with their combined might. Operating as a united force is what The Keeper intended, however, as most of the Ranger's incredible powers are only unlocked when all the Amulets are aligned. There are circumstances and threats, however, where The Keeper will summon all current Rangers to unite.
Regardless of method, their goal has always been the same, to defend innocents and give all life a fighting chance to prosper.
Powerful, Amazing and Mighty: The abilities bestowed to a Ranger
To be bestowed with The Keeper's power is to be bestowed with the means to stop any evil that they may face. While they remain their normal selves at any given time, all that is required is to hold the Amulet in both of their hands, and call forth their Spirit Animal to summon the power within. Once this happens, the Ranger is enveloped in a bright energy of their respective color, and almost instantly transform into their Ranger Form.
Once in their Ranger Form, they possess physical abilities far superior to what they had before. Strength, reflexes, healing speed agility, durability and fighting knowledge are all increased to extraordinary limits. While it doesn't even grant them a sliver of The Keeper's presumed power, it has been enough for eons.
While a Ranger is inducted with whichever color they're replacing, what differentiates them is their spirit animals. When a Ranger is chosen, they are asked what animal from their world they've always been drawn to. This is then implemented in their Ranger Forms, small details to represent the person underneath the helmet. It's much more than appearance, though as some Ranger have eventually gained the ability to call out to their Spirit Animals, and unleash attacks that resemble their very nature.
Each Ranger is also bestowed a weapon that they are most familiar with. If a Ranger wasn't familiar with any weapon beforehand, then they are given one to learn with. These weapons are made of pure cosmic energy, and are capable of shifting to each Ranger's wills. This ability does take considerable focus and experience.
Between time and space: The Supernova Ranger Base
The question of where, when or how cannot be applied to The Ranger Base, as it exists outside of these barriers. To grant her Rangers the utmost security and retreat, The Keeper has created a construct within in vast and infinite essence, in the same dimension outside of our own where she exists.
The possible entry into The Base is through a Ranger's Amulet, where they are capable of teleporting within the dimension from virtually any place in the galaxy. As long as The Keeper hears their call, she can retrieve them.
The average appearance of The Base is highly advanced in nature, resembling a command center of sorts. Of course, being an extension of The Keeper's will, this can be subject to any changes that are required. Sleeping quarters, childhood home kitchens, gymnasiums, obstacle courses, gardens, caves, jungles and so forth. The Keeper can create just about anything within reason, as long as it remains in her dimension.
It is here where The Rangers lay their heads between missions, and where they can teleport to any place in the known galaxy.
Current Supernova Rangers
Name: Maximilian "Max" Morana II
Place of Birth: Montana, Earth
Occupation: College student
Hobbies: Musician, martial artist, woodworking, bull riding
Spirit Animal: Tyrannosaurus Rex
Ranger Weapon: Crimson Sword/Red Blaster
Name: Remy Shall
Place of Birth: Hader (Planet)
Hobbies: Musical Artist, Card Games, Cooking
Spirit Animal: Triceratops
Ranger Weapon: Power Lance/Blue Blaster
Age: Equivalent to 20 Earth years
Place of Birth: Enasia (Planet)
Eyes: Pure White
Skin: Sleek marble like, looks fragile but tough as steel
Hobbies: Reading, Cooking (loves the worlds she has ventured off too). Music, Music, Music, MUSIC
Race: D'ang'Niangh( Dee On Na Ing)
Spirit Animal: Sabretooth Tiger
Ranger Weapon: Blade Blaster/ Power Daggers
Name: Isosa Nall
Age: Equivalent to 20 Earth years
Place of Birth: Talabeth
Hair: Chocolate brown
Occupation: Mechanic/Supernova Ranger (Pink)
Hobbies: Reading, Star gazing, sketching, tinkering
Spirit Animal: Cardalia
Ranger Weapon: Fushia Bow/Pink Blaster
Name: Roman Ralph-Lauren
Age: 21 Y/O
Place of Birth: Liège, Belgium
Weight: 234 Ibs
Occupation: Aspiring soccer athlete
Hobbies: Long-distance running, reading/writing literature
Spirit Animal: Mastodon
Ranger Weapon: Long Axe
Name: Razahn of Haven
Place of Birth: Haven Space Station
Weight: 211 Ibs
Occupation: Physicist, Martial Artist
Hobbies: Thought Experiments, Sketching
Spirit Animal: Dragon
Ranger Weapon: Sword
OOC Information and Rules:
- If you're interested in joining, please feel free to message me on the following accounts (@juno_fei@dxx@max_morana) And we'll talk it out.
- As explained in the lore above, joining this team has specific requirements when it comes to a character. Must be either Neutral or Lawful Good, and must be considered "normal" or "average" by their race's standards. This means that mutants or metas aren't accepted, as that contradicts the whole "empowering the little people" concept. It would be ideal to create a new character for the role.
- As expected, there are a limit of six rangers at a time. However, should this pick up steam, I have a few ideas in place to allow more rangers. Should this happen, you'll all know soon enough.
- Currently we're only using the looks and appearances of the Rangers from Mighty Morphin, but more will be available as we go along, as mentioned above.
- If you have any further inquires, feel free to ask them here or in a PM!