Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ezra_Strix

--"Please, come in"--

The Strix Pomest'ye
The Strix Pomest'ye

Built from the remains of the Court Tower, the Strix Pomest'ye is an architectural wonder whose aesthetic is often confused with Medieval Gothic. However, it is actually a cocktail of different styles ranging from Gothic and Gothic Revival to Norman Romanesque. A large multi-story high castle with many a staircase throughout it's many towers, turrets and deep dungeons, the Strix Pomest'ye inspires mystery and uncertainty, persuading the mind to imagine more than there actually is.

The Castle - Location & Architecture

Unlike the Court Tower whose home was Gothic City, the Strix Pomest'ye is located in Northeastern Siberia and is built in a valley area surrounded by mountains. Furthermore, the Strix Pomest'ye's architecture differs greatly from the Court Tower as there is no greater influence on the manor's architecture than the castles and cathedrals of the United Kingdom. It's twin square towers are almost identical to stone structures found on the Durham Cathedral save for the Pomest'ye's tall, pointy spires at the top. Among the manor's key components are ribbed vaults, pointed arches and flying buttresses.

No Caption Provided

Despite the manor featuring a largely Norman Romanesque visage, the Strix Pomest'ye's ribbed vaults etc. are of New Gothic architecture. Additionally, the manor is influenced by Scottish Baronial and even French Renaissance elements as well. Among them are towers adorned with small pointed turrets, crenelated battlements, lancet windows (tall and skinny windows with pointed arches at the top), and finials (decorative features atop towers and spires). The Pomest'ye's pointed arches, vaulted roofs, large windows and the like however, are influenced by English Gothic. As previously mentioned though, the manor's strongest architectural elements are of Norman Architecture, which is England's interpretation of the Romanesque style.

Components of that style are found in the manor in the form of massive semi-circular arches over windows and doorways, arched cloisters (semi-open covered walkways around quadrangles), and vaulted ceilings.

The Manor - Key Areas

The following are the most significant locations within the castle:

-The Entrance Hall-

Located on the ground floor of the castle, the entrance hall features a wide marble staircase opposite it's large oak doors. Double doors to the right lead into the living room. The kitchen, dungeons and Bol'Shoy Staircase can all be accessed through the entrance hall. The castle itself bears a charm whereby none other than it's owner (Ezra Strix) may enter unless one condition is met; they must be invited inside by Ezra himself. If not, attempted intruders often find themselves simply unable to move into the Pomest'ye.

Before every door, entrance, and even attempts at teleportation simply do not work as though one loses their ability to walk or teleport. Powerful enough magic however, is able to overcome this charm, in which case the castle's defenses are triggered.

-The Bol'Shoy Staircases-

No Caption Provided

A great and intimidating structure, the Bol'Shoy Staircases are what's mainly used to access each floor of the castle, including it's dungeons. Many a Renaissance painting decorate the walls of this section, some of which are supposedly there to conceal secret passages/shortcuts to other areas within the castle. The paintings themselves are enchanted and for that reason are animated. The Bol'Shoy Staircases feature (obviously) multiple staircases that lead from platform to platform until coming to an end at the castle's final floor. When an intruder has somehow overcome the castle's charm and entered it, the staircases' enchantment comes alive.

The stairs move around the staircase chamber, usually when an intruder is walking up one of them. Additionally, there are several trick stairs designed to cause the victim to sink through a step. The paintings are rumored to be animated not by an enchantment but by the trapped souls of Ezra's cannibalized victims.

-Laboratoriya-

No Caption Provided

The Laboratoriya is supposedly where the Mad Strix developed his four distinct fear toxins. A gloomy and dimly lit room found in the castle dungeons, the Laboratoriya's shadowy walls are lined with shelves of large glass jars filled with several experimental chemicals and strange, revolting substances suspended in unknown liquids of varying colors. The room has a fireplace featuring an emerald flame and in a corner there is a cupboard holding Ezra's more prized stock of chemicals and ingredients. The Laboratoriya itself features several shades of green and is illuminated by emerald lamps.

Like the castle itself, the Laboratoriya is protected by a charm of some sort that prevents any intruder from entering it.

-Guest Room-

No Caption Provided

The Pomest'ye's guest room features several shades of red and gold, and the fireplace mantle is decorated with a portrait of a Siberian tiger. The entrance to the guest room is, for whatever reason, concealed under the animated portrait of a woman whose eyes are empty and whose smile seems to be fading but never quite disappears. Inside, the room is a circular domain with squashy armchairs, tables and varying decorative shades of red. The room features many windows that look out onto the castle grounds and the Siberian wilderness. Furthermore, a large fireplace takes up a significant amount of space on one wall.

The walls themselves are decorated with scarlet tapestries that depict various animals and scenes of nature. Additionally, the room also has bookcases filled with several old novels.

-Living Room-

Like the Laboratoriya, the Pomest'ye's living room is decorated with several shades of green and unlike the guest room which prominently features a portrait of a Siberian tiger, the living room sports a portrait of a basilisk (a deadly serpentine reptile of European legend). It is designed to subtly resemble a dungeon-like room with greenish lamps and chairs with the light in the room casting a green tinge. Furthermore, the living room features a significant amount of low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas, skulls and dark wood cupboards.

The room's decorative tapestries feature the adventures of the Strix Family's most famous and infamous ancestors. It's atmosphere, though grand, is somewhat cold and dreary.

-Ezra's Study-

No Caption Provided

Found on the Pomest'ye's last floor, Ezra's study is reached by a circular, moving stone staircase which is in turn concealed by a large and revolting stone gargoyle which moves to allow entrance only to Ezra himself. Inside, the study is a large and circular room with many windows and portraits from the European Renaissance. Additionally, the study hosts a number of spindly tables upon which delicate silver instruments were set. These instruments seem to emit gaseous forms of Ezra's fear toxins in the presence of an intruder. Furthermore, the study features a large collection of books that make up the Mad Strix's private library.

Charms & Defenses

In addition to the various charms that prevent entry into the Pomest'ye unless overcome by powerful magic, the Mad Strix relies on two of his artifacts to bolster his castle's defenses. The first is Кровь Баба which is a red liquid rumored to be the blood of Baba Yaga from Slavic folklore. When drank, it grants Ezra a host of strange qualities, one of which is command over a tier of black magic; necromancy. With it, Ezra can reanimate and command the corpses and skeletons of those who have died in the Siberian wilderness surrounding his castle. The second artifact is Κέρμα του Πάνα or 'Pan's Coin' which grants him the ability to control wild animals.

With this power he commands any nearby animals or insects of the Siberian wilderness to attack attempted intruders. The Pomest'ye's primary means of defense however, are as follows:

-Basilisks-

No Caption Provided

Serpentine reptiles of European legend, Basilisks are said to be so venomous that they leave a wide trail of deadly venom in their wake. Furthermore, their gaze is so lethal that they are believed to cause death with no more than a glance. Though traditional European account suggests that the basilisk is a small serpent, the Mad Strix is in possession of a unique breed of basilisks that produces extraordinarily large specimens. Kept in several of the castle's dungeons and controlled by Ezra via his use of Κέρμα του Πάνα or 'Pan's Coin', these unique basilisks can grow up to fifty feet in length.

Their armored skin tends to be black of dark green, and their eyes a large and lurid yellow. Their eyes hold the supernatural power to induce death by stopping the heart with a shared gaze. This effect can be resisted through powerful magic or whatever means one has to prevent their heart from simply stopping. Furthermore, their armored skin and large size renders them very durable and physically powerful. Strangely, if one gazes into the eyes of a basilisk's reflection, they will instead be petrified instead of dying. Though their large and sharp teeth renders them dangerous, the basilisks are famed for their powerful venom which is believed to be capable of dealing a painful death in mere minutes.

When an intruder manages to enter the castle, a horde of Ezra's basilisks are released from the castle's dungeons.

-The Faceless Owls-

--Go Here--

Tainted by experimentation and the 'Black Rot (see Black Rot in Ezra's bio for details)' sickness from the Mad Strix's blood, the swarms of Faceless Owls guarding the Pomest'ye are corrupted. Draped in black and tattered hooded cloaks, their limbs are elongated and long, their bodies contorted beyond normality. Their organs have been replaced by black sacs that hold the rotting puss of the Black Rot sickness. Their flesh is gray and emaciated, as if decayed. Their eyes are gone, leaving behind only empty sockets covered in folds of rotting skin. They are vessels of Ezra's Black Rot. They are unusually, almost supernaturally tall.

No Caption Provided

Their mouths are gaping, disturbingly large holes lined with many needle-like teeth. And their nails, smeared in the sickness, are long and dagger-like. Unlike many who managed to survive the Black Rot and instead of death are 'turned', the Pomest'ye's Faceless Owls do not have their minds stripped away from them, possibly due to experimentation by the Horned God. Despite this, their intelligence is lower and Ezra's commands burn in the deepest parts of their subhuman minds. They are still able to remember vague impressions of their memories and are thus able to barely recognize those they once knew. Though their gaunt and sunken features wear no expression, only the blank stare of a cannibalistic perversion that is more thing than man.

Many times stronger, faster and tougher than the ordinary human, the Pomest'ye's Faceless Owls' physical attributes exist at the most basic of extranormal/superhuman levels. Though they still possess the sonar abilities of ordinary Faceless Owls, they are no longer capable of the Dim Mak/Death Touch technique. Their needle-like teeth and dagger-like nails however, are supernaturally sharp, capable of shredding through the toughest of materials and transferring the Black Rot sickness. Spidery tendrils of blackness burst from their flesh and drip with the rotting puss from the black sacs their organs have become. Tendrils they use to attack their foes and erode their flesh with the black puss.

Furthermore, the Pomest'ye's Faceless Owls are capable of some form of basic regeneration. They are also able to levitate and glide through the air, though it is not known how. They are said to be followed by a cold and depressing mist.

Rules

1. This is meant to be a difficult place to locate so if you show up, sell the difficulty in finding it. And while I'm open to anyone stopping by, you need to have a good reason to be here.
  2. If you want to attack this place for whatever reason, you can. But just remember, the Basilisks and Faceless Owls are not NPCS.
  3. Have fun :)
STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

!!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Mi amor... you've outdone yourself

Purveyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Purveyor

Looking forward to this.

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezra_strix: Fair warning: we have a Superman, and we're not afraid to use him.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter_Reed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yooooo lol this is showtime level

I'mma have to jump on the magic bandwagon

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm working on an Aoife post

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter_reed said:

You should!

U gonna jus sit there, right, looking stoic? Or u gonna invite me over for a proper drink?
U gonna jus sit there, right, looking stoic? Or u gonna invite me over for a proper drink?

Avatar image for mourningsparrow
MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hell yes, LoS meta is back!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, that doesn't look perverse at all. I bet nothing macabre happens here.

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys...

...What's going on here?
...What's going on here?

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezra_strix: I'm hoping hermano has my back, but I feel like last time he did that he might've gotten beat up so I'm not too sure.

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The League will protect it's own, Aensland.

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Ganymedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*_* Yasss

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ezra_Strix

@arquitenens: For whatever reason I read that in Cell's voice, LOL.

*_* Yasss

That's the spirit, mano
That's the spirit, mano

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The League, and its Shaytan

are marked men
are marked men

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mourningsparrow said:

The League, and its Shaytan

are marked men
are marked men

Not a fight you want. Or a fight you need, now.

But if you insist.
But if you insist.

@arquitenens:Reassurance. We're with you on this one.

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezra_strix: You mean Cell's voice, or Cell's voice?

Holy. Crap.

@mourningsparrow said:

@supreme_shaytan: Gonna have to go get Dreadpool, no?

I sense a Sah Ed Valam remake incoming.

Wouldst thou talk to me about "reassurance" while in the same breath lying in bed with my enemies?

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Wouldst thou refuse assistance faced with the threat of the Horned God? I'd take what I can get, in your shoes.

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezra_strix: Hehee, I was asking about Cell as in Cell, or Cell Abridged? [Now that I've seen it I can't stop.]

@mourningsparrow: Clearly you don't know me and my situation as far as "Sah Ed Valam" is concerned.

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: I trust him not, but if you'd rather face Strix alone...

On the other hand, I could send you an emissary in my place.

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunahawk: As long as she has a good reason to be visiting I don't mind at all.

@arquitenens: Hehe, that reminds me, now I have someone to get excited with whenever they release new Abridged episodes.

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

His articulated posture fluently melted downwards into perfect meditative form within the shadow of his father's sacred tomb. The rhythmic enchantment of the Kwazulu-Alcazar's ceremonial drums slowly composing his eradicate mind. For hours upon hours the Bashir Bishop sat in a tranquil state of suspended tribal clairvoyance. Tapping into the secret esoteric energy of the False Bay as he once again attempted to make contact with the great spirit of the Great Khan, Bundi Bashir; his father.

Bundi Bashir (deceased)
Bundi Bashir (deceased)

Everyday for as long as he could remember he had tried similar methods of communication, but Ali knew the spirit would never head his call. For the Warden of the False Bay had long ago sold his soul to a devil. To a wicked and remorseless Rasputin. A dapper demon who's methodical refinement was perhaps his greatest weapon. Not even the ancient supernatural abilities of the Beloved One's could help their cherished Bashir. His dark and corrupted secret preventing even their vaunted herbal remedies from lending aid. And so with a passable smile the Bishop rose from his seated position, bowed, and took his leave from the holy catacombs having once again failed in his heart-felt quest.

Sometime later;

"He'll kill you. You know dis." Ali's Beloved One's pleaded. Begging was well beneath their station, beneath their moral constitution. But they were close. Very close indeed. The King of Orphans however had made up his mind, gently twisting the ornate ring on his right hand as a slight disarming grin cracked his face. Hoping to ease the fears of those whom held him most dear. "No, he shall not. He would see such an act as weakness. No, he will honor our agreement. When I return I will not be alone. I will confront the Mad Strix and demand what I am owned. What I was promised."

Outside the Pomest'ye

@ezra_strix:

Ali gazed upwards at the sea of cloaked figures, their awkward and eradicate movements were a frightening spectacle. Perfectly keeping in theme with the stoically strange machination of the Strixian Count himself. Long lingering sways tracked the Bashir Bishop's every move, every step drawing him closer and closer to the door, and the apparent wraith of the Faceless Owls. As Ali raised his hand, not to knock; but rather enter, they swarmed. Stopping within uncomfortable inches of the apparent trespasser yet failing to physically attack. "Come now" Ali sardonically questioned. Slowly rolling up his sleeve to reveal a luminescent tattoo on his forearm, a brand, an esoteric sigil that represented a horrific truth, "Surely you recognize one of your own? Bruddas."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezra_strix: Because of the bingey nature of my watching, I was thinking all the episodes were old, because when I started I was constantly reminding myself "this is all very old and everyone's seen this before," so even as I got later and later into it that was implanted in my mind. So when I actually went back and saw the latest one wasn't that long ago, it surprised me! Now I lie in wait...

@mourningsparrow: If it's a choice between alone, or along with someone who will actively sabotage my plans, possibly stab me in the back (quite litrally at that), who wants me dead for reasons I don't know...alone doesn't sound so bad.

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Without even a bow, no less. Anyhow, I hold no real animosity for you, after the war concluded, but if you'd rather not have the League's assistance... well, so be it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c7179498eb5
deactivated-59c7179498eb5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mourningsparrow: If it's a choice between alone, or along with someone who will actively sabotage my plans, possibly stab me in the back (quite litrally at that), who wants me dead for reasons I don't know...alone doesn't sound so bad.

You're smarter than I gave you credit for, Aensland.

Even so, you're making an unwise decision.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: If dee Mad Strix has set his sights on you

dhen it is already too late
dhen it is already too late

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MourningSparrow

@_dark_knight: Heh. All we're missing is a Knightfall, and we'd have every al'Shaytan in recent memory assembled here. I'm surprised no-one's been stabbed yet. Now, make friends with Aensland, and quickly. The Dread Owl comes.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dark_knight: Heh. All we're missing is a Knightfall, and we'd have every al'Shaytan in recent memory assembled here. I'm surprised no-one's been stabbed yet. Now, make friends with Aensland, and quickly. The Dread Owl comes.

Thats dope. Hadnt realized just how ingrained in-canon the al'Shaytan title was :D

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ali_sani_bashir: The League never really goes out of fashion, more just pops up whenever something really interesting happens, which is actually high-key how I imagine them IC.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ali_sani_bashir: The League never really goes out of fashion, more just pops up whenever something really interesting happens, which is actually high-key how I imagine them IC.

Oh I know the League stays legit lol But the al'Shaytan thing was fairly new, relatively speaking and is still gettin some decent run.