#1 Edited by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Another night arrives, and the Darkknight arrives on the streets of Grimm City. Using his thermal vision allowing him to distinguish between Vampires and Humans with ease. The word on the streets is, there's a brood of Vampires recruiting Humans for free narcotics. The Darkknight's amplified hearing able to sort through the chatter and block out the vehicle noise below. He began traversing the rooftops leaping as his vampire genes grant him such abilities, swiftly parkouring the buildings towards the location of interest.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The vampire mixed in his own blood into the narcotics of choice calling it God's blood. "Not only does it get you high, but it will make you stronger, faster, and improve your night vision." says the dealer as he hands out the drugs which are eagerly grabbed by the junkies. Each uses the new drug, and it does exactly as the dealer said, except each starts to feel a hunger or more precisely a thirst. They begin, to freak out as the change takes them ...simultaneously ... they drop and begin to spasm as their bodies change. The dealer assures them it's all part of the process, moments later they rise beside him... each baring fangs, and a thirst to be quenched. The pack begins to hunt, grabbing vagrants as the dealer vanishes in the shadows back to his hideout. They appear as ravenous hyenas, draining each victim to the point of instantly turning. Their pack grew more dangerous by the moment.

#2 Posted by Icefire_Outlaw (4412 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx: Not I'm my town ya don't.

I'll definitely be in this.

#3 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@icefire_outlaw

The Darkknight watched as they ganged up on the homeless, traversing ahead of the pack of vampires to head them off at the next alley way. Suddenly as roar from the horde of vamps was heard approaching swiftly as not to be seen on the streets. The Darkknight setup a trip wire which set off an ultraviolet bomb, radiating through the alley catching all the vamps as they tried to escape. Bodies were a flame, and police sirens, screaming pedestrians, and fire trucks were dispatched to the scene. They put out the flames of the bodies, luckily their heads were decapitated so as to ensure their wounds were fatal. Knowing some of the police were familiars, he wasn't taking any chances.

His night wasn't over however as a police radio scanner told about a bank heist in the area, heavily armored robbers taking out police cars as they arrive. Sure enough the signal was in the sky, since he was in area it was no trouble to check it out. Peering from a rooftop towards the bank, he see's the police have setup snipers but their rounds aren't doing the trick. Shot after shot, just ricocheting off the helmets of the robbers whom spray AK-47 armor piercing rounds back at the cops. Seeing the robbers, and the hostages using his thermal sensors, Darkknight calls in aerial support.

No Caption Provided

Whistler remotely pilots the bat flyer craft armed with a dual 50. cal turrets, and begins blasting the robbers as indicated by the ships infrared marked off by the Darkknight. One after the other, the robbers fall to the cannons... only two remain inside, standing closer to the hostages now. The Darkknight runs towards the bank launching himself across the street to a window, smashing through wrapped in his cape.

No Caption Provided

He resembles a bat in flight as he glides down towards the robbers able to use a battarang to disable the detonator held by one of the men. The battarang exploding with a high static charge shorting out the device, and jolting the man. The other robber dropping his gun, laying down beside the hostages. Darkknight cuffs the two inside, before grabbing a security guards radio alerting the police it's all clear before slipping away. He still wasn't ready to be a hero. The glory was more the hunt then saving.

#4 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

The streets of Grimm city are a dismal cesspool of drug dealers, prostitutes, and muggers. Even with all those elements of the night, only one name is whispered among the others the loudest. "The Darkknight" can be heard in every dark corner being muttered by those afraid of being hunted for their crimes. Another less known group, speaking the alias "Daywalker" in a language of the vampires can be heard as well. Darkknight being a thorn in both their sides, and protecting the citizens whom pass through or who live in this city of sin.

No Caption Provided

The Darkknight watches over Grimm city, patiently waiting his next prey.

#5 Edited by Huskii (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx: The streets of Grim City have a new threat. The Darkknight will not be safe. A tall, brooding figure watches from a rooftop far away, smiling menacingly as he studdied his next victim... The streets of Grimm city are a dismal cesspool of drug dealers, prostitutes, muggers, and now serial rapists.

#6 Edited by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii: The Darkknight using Brewster Wayne's echo location system, called bat's eye. Monitors the streets of Grimm city, a new threat is sensed and the Darkknight sighs.... as it's the worst kind of criminal, a serial rapist. Eric knowing only one way to deal with such scum, treat it as any other predator. Vampires, feel the blade of justice and so shall anyone else whom threatens his citizens in such a vile manor. The people of Grimm city will not suffer any predatory being as long as the Darkknight exists.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Standing vigorous guard, against all criminals... the Darkknight welcomes all whom dare to attempt crime in his city.

#7 Edited by Huskii (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx: The new menace observed for a little longer, knowing that he was being watched, he took a step foward from the shadows, the light from the moon revealed his face. Not human, a monstrous creature with an evil grin...

No Caption Provided

He is the Creeper. Grimm City shall know true fear. His bloodlust has no limits and anyone who gets in his way will die horribly. The Creeper crept back into the shadows, seemingly vanishing.

#8 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@huskii: The Darkknight, goes out into the streets of Grimm and witnesses a horde of strange new vampires. He easily eliminates the group, using uv bullets fired out of two sub machine guns. "Hmm... the sewers are active tonight... wonder if this new threat is responsible... " he thinks to himself, collecting some tissue of one of the decomposing husks. He places some uv detonators around the area, with proximity sensors targeting vampire scent. Holstering his guns, he remembers hunting before this new techy gear... and sighs... as sure the gear is nice, but the effort is less exhilarating.

No Caption Provided

The Darkknight continues to scour the streets for any threat, especially this new one.

#9 Posted by Huskii (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx: Wearing a hat to hide his face, and a large trench coat to conceal the rest of his inhuman body the Creeper appears like a normal, but suspicious man, shrouded in darkness.

No Caption Provided

The Creeper began to wander around a particularly more dangerous side of Grimm City, his head tilted down, hands tucked in pockets, he was in search of a lady for the night. Using his hyper keen senses he sniffed the area for the sweet aroma of a women, catching multiple scents he followed the most pleasant to a run down apartment. A gang of lowly thugs loitered around the entrance, with their foul smoke and deafening music. The Creeper resisted the urge to bash the Boom Box into their heads and attempted to enter the building, "Hold it right there you creepy looking bastard." One of the men stopped him and gestured to the gun hoisted around his waist, the rest circled around in hopes of intimidating the Creeper. "Never seen you around here before, but you're in our hood now so that means you pay up or---"

No Caption Provided

The man was brought to a complete silence once the Creeper tilted his head upwards to reveal his face, the man reached for his gun, not quickly enough, as the Creeper slashed his throat with his claws in swift unseen motion, the thug didn't even realize he was dead until seconds afterward, he collapses to the ground. The rest of the men drew their pistols in shock, still startled they watched as the menace turned to face them next... Gunfire rattled the street...

#10 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii: Gun fire rang into the night as it always did, but this time is was multiple guns firing. The Darkknights echo location defense grid light up pin pointing the grid location of the disturbance. Whistles, Eric's mentor watched as glimpses of the monster was caught by the local street cameras in the area. "That damned creeper must be put down!" said Whistles, " Calm down old man, it's just another meta or inhuman... Brewster would've captured it. Even though I do have the urge to destroy it myself. As the Darkknight, I must think of the bigger picture." says Eric

"Oh before I forget, I designed a new polymer of cavlar fused with vibrainium. It is much lighter, and comes with new weaponry as well. Try it out!" says Whistles, Eric watches as the new outfit is revealed, and smiles. "good work, old man"

No Caption Provided

"Those blades are irradiated so works great on vamps too" Whistles continues... The Darkknight suits up... and set off into the night.

No Caption Provided

Reaching the location by means of the Batwing, and gliding downward to the exact location to be unseen by the cover of night. The Darkknight see's a bunch of dead men slashed up, with organs missing. why take the organs.....perhaps for food... his thoughts as he walks past the bodies noticing they were not even looted. Switching his optic viewing to an aerial view using the Batwing, he scans for signs of the Creeper. Nothing.... possibly using the sewers to traverse the streets undetected. *Sniff* a faint foul scent lingers.... switching back the optics he uses infrared aha... a trail the blood from the organs trails towards the sewers. Not tonight .... too many things down there... need different gear... the Darkknight summons the Batwing to descend, climbs aboard and heads back to the lair entrance.

Whistles already in the construction of the subterranean gear, smiles as Eric returns. Eric takes off the suit and administers his serum, enhanced by nanotech designed to sustain the hemoglobin longer in his system.

No Caption Provided

afterwards he rests for the day til the night comes again.

#11 Posted by Huskii (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx: After easily disposing of the men the Creeper knew he had to abandon his plans, the uproar caused by the gun shots and screaming had awaken the entire neighborhood. The Creeper made a hasty retreat into a manhole, he scurried through the sewers with great navigation back to his secret hideout in the outskirts of Grimm City... The following night the Creeper prepared for another hunt, donning his favorite hat and equipping himself with special weaponry to better kill others.

No Caption Provided

He made his way back into the city in a blur, flying above the clouds moving FTE.

#12 Edited by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii:

The DarkKnight's aerial sonar drones which imitate a flock of bats in flight catch a movement in the sky and begin tracking it. The Darkknight becomes alerted as they close in and an outline of the creeper is clear, and the defense system sounds off letting him know of the impending danger to the city. Whistles smiles as he starts working on a new drone, designed to have assault capabilities included in the surveillance tactics.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Whistles smiled at his work, then shown Eric. "Nice work, old man..." says the Darkknight, "hopefully that keeps it out of the skies, and on the ground where you can try some close quarters combat with it. Plus the drones can slow it down in any case, if you need them to follow close by. " says Whistles.

The wayne foundation releases a new anti-viral vaccine to the public free of charge for Grimm citizens, the inoculation containing harmless enzyme to humans but if another species ingests it, it multiples like a fungus inside the host body. Brewster's resources and company's R&D department allowed Whistles to research and implement a tactic to flush out the creeper. All depending on whom, receives the vaccine. The Grimm public servants were going around offering vagrants in the city the opportunity to receive free health care.

No Caption Provided

The DarkKnight waits for another sign, perhaps stranger then normal.

#13 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii:

It's been quiet, too quiet on the streets of Grimm. The Darkknight's sensors giving no signs of this threat that was active in last while and now nothing. Perhaps it has a dormant time, such as the " It " monster of Stephen Kings writing. He thinks to himself as he looks over sewer schematics recovered from sub-terrain drones. "Old man!, it's vanished! perhaps the vaccines worked or it's just left Grimm" Eric says to Whistles. "Either way, no body so no proof towards any speculations, Bring me a corpse!" says Whistles.

The Darkknight goes out into the night, scanning the area for the usual sounds but nothing... it's quiet. The streets of Grimm seem to be wiped clean of it's usual suspects, perhaps fear of the creature or of the crime fighter himself. This was a peculiar night, and the Darkknight calls in drones to sweep the city for something to do. Again, nothing, no signs of danger... the quietest of nights.

No Caption Provided

Activating his ocular thermal scanning, the Darkknight watches as the local wildlife is nowhere in sight. No raccoons, skunks or rats. makes sense what it's feeding on now.... he thinks to himself. I took away the humans as a food source, so it eats the wildlife instead.... perhaps not enough to sustain it for long above ground.... I must find this creatures den....his thoughts end as he coms Whistles about his findings. "The den, we need to find where it hides.... is it in the city or on the outskirts, if we inoculate the wildlife it will just flee the city completely. I want this thing taken out, but we will see how it responds to the shortage of wildlife. Perhaps it will starve or hibernate, either way out of the way for now til we can track it down. " says the Darkknight, Whistles says "the creature ate them all..... well at least that's a plus... no pests. " "I will design, a new strain of the virus in anything. Last resort, perhaps we should call in Brewster's associates, I founds a few associates on his list of contacts... I can send an alert out and see whom replies. " "yes, send an alert and create the vaccine. If anything we can flush it out into their grasps if we can not take it in ourselves. " says the Darkknight.

No Caption Provided

As he's saying this a psychic vibe places an image in his mind. He comes out of the trance, "I think they already know" says The Darkknight to Whistles whom replies "huh, that was fast"

#14 Posted by Huskii (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx: It would seem that the Creeper had disappeared from the city, after the short scuffle outside of the apartment building there was no more activity from the creature. That's because it had been appetizing on the animals of Grimm City, keeping an extra low profile as well, evading the sensors of the Dark Knight somehow. No more hiding in the shadows and eating raccoons, it's time for the Creeper's main course, a path death being left in his search for suitable parts and dinner, catching a scent of immense fear in the wind, he follows. Somewhere in the deep harbor area of the city the Creeper finds a trafficking operation, the source of sweet fear being the women being packed into crates, the Creeper peeks around, perches himself above a window and draws the attention of the men inside...

No Caption Provided

The men draw their handguns and prepare fire at who they believe to be the Dark Knight. Unfortunately for them, they are dead wrong. A slaughterfest is about to commence.

#15 Edited by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii:

No Caption Provided

After the psychic vibe, a portal ripped through the air, and walking through was a group of "Heros" known as "The legends" ... "Greetings Darkknight, sorry to intrude but your situation is urgent ... we know the Creeper has struck again. According to lore it is a being which feeds on carbon based lifeforms such as humans.. and has been over the centuries. It has eluded us so far as it slumbers for decades at a time, during which it's body enters a crystal like state. The creature may not of originated on Earth, as my planet has encountered this species before and it was dealt with by capturing during the dormant state, and launching into space towards a moon type planet. Unfortunately this one is awake, and it's unknown the slumber period. " says K-tonan,

"We are here to help " says Psi'ren placing her hand on the DarkKnights shoulder to comfort him. The others stand quiet awaiting a response from the DarkKnight. "I really need to upgrade my security, but your all welcome as I have saw your feats when it comes to these matters. Yes, I figured the dormant phase was ideal to capture it, I initiated a vaccination to narrow the victims to middle/upper class citizens but now I have sent drones to deliver the shots to rest by means of stealth. It is a viral strain immune to humanity but fungal to others whom try to ingest us. I am clueless now what to do. " says the Darkknight.

Psi'ren, opens her mouth and a pulse of sound waves penetrate the around them "We are safe here, nothing for miles around us, makes sense why you chose the place. " she says as the Darkknight points to the monitors displaying the same statistics.

No Caption Provided

Princess-Iana, "This beast is vile, and by Zeus we shall try our best to assist you, may the gods be at our side." as she withdrawls her Sword raising it high, as a crackle of thunder roars the skies above. Adam the "Atomic boy", says "sometimes I wish, I could just blast the bad guys. Yet then I remember about the fallout that would surely hurt more people then we would save. ", "Yes, we must focus our strengths together and co-ordinate a strike, to force the Creecher into it's hibernation state" says the Darkknight. "Let us take to the streets for clues of it's hideaway, K-tonan will soar above and us below" says Iana.

No Caption Provided

#16 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

The streets of Grim City, were quiet. It would seems the creature had slipped into hibernation already. The news recently have reported a new viral outbreak, giving citizens strength and but driving them into a frenzy forming into packs and attacking residential areas to spread the virus further. No conscious, as they bite whom ever they come into contact with only to leave them alone afterwards as the infected join the horde. Doesn't seem to be vampires, or werewolves, but more of a borderline zombie like viral threat. The strength of the civilians is the scary part as they are breaking into non infected dwellings with ease, police forced to open fire, but to no avail as, the virus has regenerative properties, it only seems to enrage the targets focusing their attention towards the police.

The Darkknight watching on his monitors as the threat spreads rapidly throughout the streets, Hmmm, I need to isolate one and see exactly what i'm dealing with. "Whistler!, I'm heading out for a bit. If any trouble activate the drone units, this is a nastyvirus." says DarkKnight as he climbs into his car. Whistler tweaking a another toy to use one day, puffing on a cigar. Driving it to the edge of the highest point then ejecting himself into the city sky above to get a bat's eye view. Police helicopters are seen above monitoring the disturbance from the safety high above. Nice police work guys, hmmm... the vampires are even laying low tonight, infected seem to be concentrating on residential as my monitors indicated. Ahhhhh... a straggler, still regenerating from a police counter attack. yes, she'll do. Aiming towards the woman, he soars.... landing in the shadows. Taking aim, and firing out a static net towards her. She falls writhing a ghastly scream, the netting has a loop which he clips to a tether and drags her towards a clearing. "whistles, recall the car, and send me the x-wing. Immediate evac ....this thing is trying to call out for help" says the Darkknight. "Affirmative, be safe til it arrives!" says Whistles, "you worry too much, Old man!" says Darkknight.

No Caption Provided

Right as the Xbat-wing shows up the girls screams attract a crowd, the begin walking towards at a steady pace. The Darkknight drags her inside clipping her to the back framing of the Xbat-wing. They take off, as the crowd closes in.

No Caption Provided

Back at the mansion, Eric gasses the girl while she's unconscious placing a mask on her face to prevent unwanted biting. She is also in restraints laying on a examination table. "Taking in strays, now are we?" says Whistles, "A child, perhaps the virus is still fresh enough to isolate. Contact our hematologist friend, send her this sample." as the Darkknight extracts some blood from the girl she awakens. Screaming again, frantically trying to free herself but to no avail. Then laying still and looking around the room, "Madda wa, who be you? we child da papa legba, eee madda n must be appease, promise eee dees souls by ancient ritual" says the child in a tone not expected from her. Papa Legba, isn't that a Haitian deity great..... voodoo ritual gone bad, only way to appease these deities are sacrifices are destroying the summoners. In this case all could be infected by now, shakes head. "I am the Darkknight, protector of the city. I can not let this continue, stop the curse please!" pleads the Darkknight. "it ends when ritual is completed, appease me! and released your people be. The one whom you seek, be cursed the most..... monstrosities." she says again in the deep voice. Monsters..... just great, citizens attacking each other and now monsters. Eric places a blade in his palm and slices it causing blood to rush out for a moment, then places it on the girls forehead. "I make a pact to find them".

Just then an image of a true zombie appears on one of his monitors, "Look after the girl, I'm going to hunt down those monsters!" Landing on a building nearby the siting zone, the Darkknight gets an encounter with one of the crazed inflicted summoners. Leaping from ground level towards him, as police helicopters fire out stunning the zombie the Darkknight uses the same gas as before used on the girl to try and render it unconscious. The summoner kept coming, useless ....great... as he fires off rounds into the zombies legs crippling it momentarily. I must find a way to take these out, perhaps I need my alliance help again. Last resort, c'mon you can do this. How bout this..... firing off an incendiary round engulfing it in flames, only to have it ooze out goo which put out the flames, and now it was regenerating. damn it, damn it!.... nothing works, hmmm.... undead flesh still uses current to control the limbs. He blasts an electro net on the zombie, it falls to the ground screaming a loud sound much like the other whom was caught. Infected start climbling towards them, to free the zombie summoner. no, no, no..... he tosses concussion grenades and gas to knock out the infected ... it seems to work, the zombie however mutates growing elongated spikes protruding the net away enough for it escape back into the streets below as the Darkknight was busy with the infected. great....just great.... "Whistles, track down that summoner again will ya... or any of them. Slippery bastards. " says the Darkknight

No Caption Provided

Whistles, runs a search for signs... and gets a few hits. "multiple sightings around the city, this is getting overwhelming", says Whistles. "Yeah, send out a distress.... Grim City in need of assistance.... all channels, I can only help so much." says Darkknight.

if anyone would like to offer support please do.

#17 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Another night, Grim city. A place where life can truly be just that, grim. Criminals always a breath away, and only a few Hero to stand in their path. Eric, the Darkknight watches from multiple drone views around the city. Most the time, stepping out into the darkness where the pleads of help can be heard. The whole, good guy vigilante gig never was his lifestyle, but Brewster was a good friend. The mantle needed to be filled, and his skill set more was worthy. Hunting vampires for years, kinda gives one a different regard to humanity. The familiars are everywhere, and Grim has it's own too. This causes conflicts sometimes in Eric's mind, as dispatching them was just as easy as a vampire themselves. His temper sometimes gets the best of him, but having Whistles in his ear helps, usually.

The streets were teeming with thugs, and dealers tonight. Local authorities are a joke....as he saw criminals trafficking in front of the police stations to the very cops whom "Serve and Protect". Scum.... I should just rid the streets of each one of them... but it's not the Darkknight way.... Brewster sometimes I don't understand why I was chosen....his thoughts were all to clear to Whistles whom looked on through the monitors. "Rotten, just rotten... should be ashamed of themselves" says Whistles. "Luckily we've recorded this content, and can send it to the internal affairs department. even though I'm sure you'd rather give them a beating." continues Whistles. "Look old man, I just can't stand around and watch it happen. I'm going out." says Darkknight.

Taking the Batwingz out, the Darkknight had some fun. Destroying a few drug houses always made him more content. Plus flying was great too.

No Caption Provided

Arriving back at the mansion later, Whistles mentioned something on the news about a bunch of warehouses being destroyed. "Yes, yes, I had to clear my head. No civilian causalities, few others either." said the Darkknight.

#19 Posted by Thunderfistx (85 posts) - - Show Bio

(Open to any who want to join me)

Some weeks ago...

No Caption Provided

Thunderfist receives a distress call from Grim City and gets a job offer to help. It pays well. But she doesn't like the unknown payee who conveniently keeps their identity unknown. But the pay is pretty good so Sarah finds herself in Grim City. It's not long before she finds the city the habitation of Vampires. The news and military are doing a great job with a cover up here. Getting in was not easy, but Thunderfist manages just fine. Stealth is the key. But something tells her getting in is the easy part while getting out will be the hard part. A problem for later. The Vampires do not know how to adjust to Thunderfist's use of Chi energy or Martial Arts prowess, but they try and fail.

Thunderfist has no idea who this Dark Knight is, but someone in his employ or the man himself sent a distress signal. Unfortunately, Sarah has no idea where either of them are, so she opts to wage her own private war on the Vampires. It's the next best thing to make her presence known to the Dark Knight.

But weeks pass...

The Present...

Thunderfist has never been on a job this long, but the money keeps coming and so she stays. Fighting the good fight. But still no Dark Knight. Sarah is beginning to think the man perished in his fight with the enemy. But so far, his corpse hasn't shown up, nor has he turned up a Vampire himself.

Now that Thunderfist has established herself in the city, the Vampires are starting to fear her. It has finally gotten to the point where either the Vampires went into hiding or she's managed to knock their number down so much that they are hard to find. Either way, she's encountering more and more regular, ordinary, thugs. Just men with guns, knives and pathetic fighting skills.

But now that her job is done, Thunderfist hops on her bike and begins to ride out of Grim City. But there is time enough to stop her if someone wishes to talk...or attack.

#20 Posted by Ryth (173 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Grim City is the last place on earth anyone would realistically want to be in. The smell of gunpowder is common on every corner and alley way. It's almost as if law enforcement had given up. And it is the last place our young, Ryth wanted to be at. But work called, there was money to be made, people to apprehend. Or maybe less of that and more kicking their butt in. She was good at doing that.

After a ride that took her a few hours on a classic Harley Davidson bike, she'd come to stop around a corner of a scene that seemed fresh, authorities flooded the area and although there were no corpses, her Gut instincts were never wrong about these things.

And, she snooped around trying to find a lead that would take her to the potential 'villain' that was on the scene. Were it a normal investigator, they wouldn't catch a whiff, but she had Pink Doom with her, an abomination that just seemed to grow stronger with time. "Time to work, Pinkie~" She pep talked herself as a surge of blue aura enveloped her being. This aura was invisible to most, appearing only to those who themselves had a higher affinity to spirit energy or anyone with dedicated senses. She appeared superhuman to most, and many misjudged her to be a meta, and when they looked at her moving debris no normal human being can move, their eyes filled with disdain. No one could see the pink coloured humanoid that surrounded her now, standing at over 8 feet in height.

Fact of the matter though was that Ryth was just human. She's cursed to bear the burden of Pink Doom, whom she could control now. She didn't always have the control though, as it was killing her before she was 19. Doom Corp helped her survive, and gave her her current job, for which, she was supposed to be eternally grateful. She thought it stupid however.

#21 Edited by Ryth (173 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Thunderfistx (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryth: (OOC: Sounds good)

No Caption Provided

Thunderfist's senses pick up something, so she glances in that direction with her one good eye. Some say Chi is spiritual energy, some say it's not. Whatever the case may be, Ryth's transformation into her super-human self did not go unnoticed. Even from a distance, Thunderfist sees the blue aura surrounding Ryth, but only briefly. Sarah knows for a fact this is no ordinary occurrence. Making a turn on the freeway, she makes her way to Ryth's location. But long before she gets there, she parks her bike, activates the security measures to dissuade thieves and uses her parkour to make her way acrobatically up on the rooftops. Eventually, Thunderfist arrives on the scene and observes Ryth moving debris around, as if she's digging for something. But it cannot be gold, Sarah knows that. What then is this woman searching for? Whoever she is, she's extremely tall. By Sarah's estimate, at least 8 feet tall.

Sarah has no idea who this woman is or what she is doing here. But she cannot possibly be a Vampire, the look is all wrong. Mercenary perhaps? Spy? Whatever the case, Thunderfist cannot leave Grim City without first knowing this woman's intentions. She's not hired for this, but sometimes she gets to do some freebies here and there. This one is a freebie, she just hopes this woman is not an enemy. Ryth looks like she can shatter concrete with those muscles. Thunderfist, as armored and skilled as she is, would rather not find out how badly it feels to be punched by someone like her.

So, Thunderfist leaps off the rooftop, landing utter silence on the pavement below and behind Ryth. She places her gloved hands on her round hips, then she clears her throat, "I believe needles are found in haystacks, not debris."

Then Thunderfist has to inwardly cringe at such a bad joke. She rarely cracks any and it had to be THAT one?

#23 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderfistx

No Caption Provided

On the outskirts of Grim city the manor of Brewster Wain. Now owned by Eric Draven aka Darkknight. Isolated from the city, The estate has many secrets which stay out of public vision with rumors of eccentric billionaire stories. The perfect cover location for a base, The Darkknight, has been keeping an eye on visitors lately. Two hero types have entered the city, and are cleaning up the riff raff, along with a vampire or two along the way. Usually Eric will keep to himself, and use his foundation to fund any good doers whom are looking for cash. Anonymously of course, as it's always been the Darkknight's way to operate in the shadows. The true agenda, being he's looking for a side kick or allies whom could be called on. Not everyone, pans out hence the anonymity.

Watching the situation with Ryth and Thunderfists', the Darkknight decides to join the scene. Leaving earlier to watch them in person, he stood in the ledge of a rooftop, looking downward.

No Caption Provided

It looked like a fight might come about, and the big one could injure civilians in her wake. He leapt downward, in the cliche cape flailing style. Landing near Thunderfists', whom exclaimed "I believe needles are found in haystacks, not debris." what a lame joke.... he thought. "Is she with you? I've saw you around... good work by the way, yes... I use bat drones..., yes... I paid you. No, I'm not a vampire...I'm a hybrid, long story made short.. I inherited this gig from the previous Darkknight whom was turned into a vampire. This is my home now, I keep it safe." he asks in his Darkknight voice.

#24 Posted by Thunderfistx (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Thunderfistx (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx:

Sarah is about to ask him if he really uses bat drones, but he beats her to it. She is also about to ask him if he was the one paying her, but he answered before she can get a word out. And for the third time, he answered a question before she can ask it, causing her to narrow her one good eye, "Are you a telepath or something?" She asks, crossing her arms under her chest.

For now, Thunderfist ignores Ryth as the woman apparently seems more interested in digging in debris than paying attention to them. So, Sarah looks at the Dark Knight. Why show himself now? Why not weeks ago since Thunderfist was searching for him? Either way, she is glad he is here now. Finally. She is tempted to say she came in answer to the distress call he sent, but he already knows that. No need to state the obvious. So, instead, she looks him right in the eye, "Now that we are finally meeting face to face, why did you take so long to meet with me?"

Thunderfist is sure he has good reasons, his type always does. He seems smart, capable and resourceful. He ought to be in a place like Grim City where things go bump in the night. Vampires aren't the only things roaming the dark. There are other things too, perhaps even more scary than the blood suckers. Even thinking about it, Sarah has to wonder why on Earth would anyone choose to live here. But alas, millions of people did. Maybe they are ignorant of what lurks in the shadows all around them.

#27 Posted by XxHEROxX (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderfistx

No Caption Provided

As Thunderfist is asking questions, the Darkknight's armor plated vehicle arrives. " Please step in the car, there is much to discuss, these streets are not the place to do it either. " Stepping into the drivers side, as both doors automatically open.

#28 Posted by Thunderfistx (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxheroxx:

Nice car. Thunderfist thinks to herself as she sees it pull up. The streets are not safe, in that she agrees with him. She decides to get in the passenger side and buckles up. Inside the car is just as nice and fancy as the outside, with many nobs, buttons and lights of various colors flashing across her view. She cannot even begin to guess what everything does. But one thing she does know is that she keeps her hands to herself, refusing to answer the urge to press some buttons. Instead, she waits for him to start talking.