Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maestro_

The Shadow Realm [CVU Restricted Location]

- Choice is what presents us with a multitude of paths, choice creates a flow of electrons through the brain in a manner that leads to quantum superposition, and the many-worlds that are the inevitable result -

No Caption Provided

There are many worlds.

This is known to most as the many-worlds interpretation.

An assertion that presumes the objective reality of the universal is false.

The many-worlds theory implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an equally unique world or universe. In layman's terms, it states there is a very large—perhaps infinite—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes.

Welcome to, the Shadow Realm.

Origin

Birthed from Shadow Sorcery, the Mutant King developed an otherworldly "supernatural" science which bridges on mysticism, conceptualised over half a decade by the Mutant Maestro. Shadow Sorcery originally took advantage of Venezuelan's vibranium's unique properties, utilising the exotic substances natural ability to emit specific wavelengths on any level and disrupt, or alter, existing molecular structures at a quantum level, and through an intimate understanding of how Vibranium works to a degree never before seen by humanity, Xenon was able to construct a device capable of disrupting the metaphysical grid of reality, rendering him capable of entering and immersing himself within this "Shadow Realm" at a moment’s notice.

This "Shadow Realm" exists as another reality altogether, neither a parallel universe nor an altered timeline, merely another world altogether. Combining his understanding of quantum mechanics, vibranium and possibly magic, a gateway to all worlds was unlocked for the Mutant Maestro.

Physical location, Ethiopia

No Caption Provided

Ethiopia.

A land with a rich history, barely known by those outside of Africa.

It is the most populated landlocked country in the world, as well as the second-most populated nation in Africa.

For a land of over one hundred million inhabitants, it has no official nor recognised language by its government.

Interestingly, it is known for having fossils of the most ancient and primitive modern humans, widely considered as the region from which humanity first set out for the Middle East and beyond.

It is also birthplace of Xenon.

Ironically, a man who despised humanity for much of his adult life.

A man who went on to lead one of Earth's most monstrous genocides ever witnessed since World War Two in the creation of Venezuela.

As the global superpower Maverick put it...

"King Xenon. Killer of millions. A mutant supremacist. I would go far to say that the fear he created of the mutant race and rabid paranoia generated from his slaughter of an entire country in order for him to build his mutant utopia, contributed much to our success. A strong anti-metahuman sentiment exists and such incidents like those lead to a lack of security among the world.

He was, without a doubt, one of the most influential people in the world, at a time."

- Maverick inc -

Ethiopia was where Xenon had started. It was where he would inevitably end.

The Shadow Realm is located in an undisclosed location in the country, undetectable and intangible without a device crafted by Xenon. Passers by would simply walk through the land where it resides ignorantly.

Utility - What is the Shadow Realm?

The Shadow Realm is a literal library of creation.

It allows Xenon to visit and study everything that has ever was or everything that would ever be. It was how Xenon was able to help free an ancient being known as Festurion from his prison thousands of years from now, birthing a mutant revolution that paved the way for modern-day Venezuela and beyond. There is a reason Xenon abdicated the Venezuelan throne, for something far greater - The Shadow Realm. Surgically the Maestro uses the Shadow Realm to learn and ultimately craft the future, using his intelligence and trial and error to fend of paradoxes to a faultless degree.

“In every moment of choice, you create a new destiny.”

But despite his genius, Xenon is not faultless. Helping to save Festurion took three hundred and eighty four tries before he was satisfied with the results. That meant there is a minimum of three hundred and eighty three different worlds submerged into anarchy. Only the CVU, his decided reality, was the universe that was able to survive unscathed by the decision to bring Festurion 291,200 years into the past.

Xenon lives in the Shadow Realm in Ethiopia, to what end, nobody knows...

OOC

• This location is heavily restricted and is unable to be accessed without permission from me OOC or IC.
  • Despite it stating Xenon has 'crafted' the future, it's merely using a hyperbole version of the Many-worlds theory, basically say you turned left in one world but turned right in the other, difference realities exist. Xenon simply saw the consequences of his actions and redid his actions lots of times until he was satisfied with the outcome. It's almost a complex science version of precognition... Kinda.
  • Shadow Sorcery also gives Xenon certain abilities, I have a very old blog there. If anybody wants to use them PM me and we may be able to work something out.
  • Any questions PM me (Pyrogram or Maestro).
Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Strolls in from the universe where he doesn't need permission.*

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evander_slade said:

*Strolls in from the universe where he doesn't need permission.*

There's always one!
There's always one!

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_: I LITERALLY JUST CAME TO BORROW SOME SUGAR

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was waiting for this to pop up lol

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evander_slade: A likely story.

@closure: I forgot you renamed your account ages ago, Closure with 282 posts caught me off guard xD

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Evander_Slade

@maestro_: It's a rare medicine on my world. My people are dying of a plague. You're lack of humanitarian aid coupled with unwarranted aggression means war between our worlds.

Last surviving soldier just died

jk

lolz

bbl

@closure said:

i was waiting for this to pop up lol

Right lol Surprised it took this long tbh

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_: lol maybe im someone new :O

I like that scientific magic angle. I've been wanting to see some more exploration outside the mutant concepts for a minute now.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maestro_

@closure: I've been developing this topic/concept for like three years (I got a very old blog with this stuff attached on Xenon's account) and only restarted it about two months ago. Xenon needed to branch out and I considered making a new character heavily, but wanna use him and see where it leads.

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_: He meant because of the BP trailer.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maestro_

@evander_slade: Oh. I've been using BP and Snake eyes combo for like a bit over a month now again, Eden was his return. Marvel releasing that trailer was the cherry on top, free gifs :D

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_: That's what clinched it for me too. Maybe I'll hold off for now though and just stick with the Boseman maskless look. Who's that Calloway cat btw? The alt. I wanted to ask him about doing something but idk who that was.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@evander_slade: I don't intend in using the maskless look at all, only the gifs which involve a suit. Boseman looks far too young to represent Xenon. Dang Marvel and their good casting... xP

Who? I don't recall that name.

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Evander_Slade

@pyrogram: Newer alt I saw using the old Wayne look. I had an idea we could use when I bring BV back out.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: All good. If he's serious about it I'll see him again sooner or later.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Amaranth even exist in that U?

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Maestro_

@closure: By the way man, sorry for never starting that RPG. I saw you went all vanish on me and thought I'd lost you again LOL

@cutthroatbitch: Down to LL to decide he doesn't ultimately. If she told us otherwise (as the CVU rules state) I'd replace it was an NPC.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_:

Do I look worried
Do I look worried

cool thread too by the way.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Maestro_

@the_xsoteric: Man, Marvel dropping that teaser out of nowhere. I'm still salty they freaking pushed back BP for Spiderman this year xD I honestly can't wait to see Wakanda on the big screen. It's gonna be one of the best things the MCU has ever done.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_: We all know Marvel petty as hell though cause the only reason they dropped that "near full trailer" now was because Wonder Woman be stealing all the headlines. Marvel slick like that lol We went from raving about WW to drooling over a Marvel teaser trailer in like 30 seconds lmao ;)

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I gotta change Cats dominion now lol

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maestro_

@the_xsoteric: LOL Man damn Marvel executives. But Marvel have no reason to be that damn petty, they got the CBM shit down. But hey, they kick DC into the dirt whenever they can I guess xD

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: What's this about? I didn't accidentally stop on your toes did I?

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Xsoteric

@maestro_: I mean....why else release a 'teaser' trailer freakin 8 months out lmao. Movie wont be out till next year but on a random Friday they drop a trailer.....come on man, I dont believe in coincidences :P

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By shanana

@maestro_: just with the name, but the concept is completely different. I'll switch mine from the "shadow realm" to the realm of darkness. Too easy. I love it tho!

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Maestro_

@the_xsoteric: Poor DC. The second they get some good headlines...

Marvel give em a good Black Panther beatdown xD
Marvel give em a good Black Panther beatdown xD

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_: I really wanted WW to be a great movie and was silently stressing before it came out. But its nothing compared to the hope and apprehension/worry I have about this film. I need this movie to be great and widely loved.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: Thanks you! And that sounds good. I haven't been paying attention recently it seems!

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Maestro_

@the_xsoteric: I'm not lying to you, I've never been more eager for a Marvel Movie. BP is my favourite comic character hands down (obviously) and I have been waiting for this movie for literally years. I hope to God Marvel make it amazing, not just good, but GREAT. BP is such a good character, with such a freaking amazingly good lore, and the actor is also superb. Wakanda is arguably one of my favourite Comic Book concepts so them focusing on that in the films already leads me to believe it's on the right tracks.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Maestro_

The Shadow Realm, Inner Chamber, three minutes past midnight...

No Caption Provided

--- Validating data entry point ---

Native coordinates [9.1450° N, 40.4897° E] CHAR szQueueNumber[1]

// { HRESULT hr = MQ_OK; // Return code // 1124 classification pending;

// an MQQMPROPS structure. const int NUMBEROFPROPERTIES = 1; // Deoxyribonucleic acid properties DWORD;

// Validation process - roperty counter MQQMPROPS properties; mutant; [2]

// dual heritage aQMStatus[NUMBEROFPROPERTIES]; location, 6.4238° N, 66.5897° W

----- Running diurnal protocol ---

// Specify system structure; system structure stable; PROPID_QM_MACHINE_ID. CLSID;

// Shadow realm in tact; integrity; 99.98%; efficiency; 99.94423%,

Realities present; mathematically uncountable; stability threshold, 00.003% chance of system malfunction.......

Xenon casually scanned the blue display emitting from his gloved finger, surveying paragraphs of code in seconds as though it was simple English. Xenon scarcely read human anymore, the language far too primitive in comparison to computer or mathematics. What the greatest author in the world could write paled in comparison to what a half-decent computer coder could generate. But an expert coder? That was the future for the human race.... Or mutant.

The steps down the Inner Chamber took twenty minutes, the Shadow Realm a labyrinth to the unknown. The Maestro could have teleported but there was no rush, his jaded eyes sporadically glancing up at the golden central light beaming high into the sky. He wondered what pure energy felt like. It was a mystery, even to him. Scientifically, pure energy didn't exist.

But this was beyond science it seemed.

The power of a beam of light, enough energy to dwarf stars simmered beside the former Mutant King.

Finally the golden steps came to an end, the ancient yet techno feeling descending into wooden furnishing and the scattered, rather extraterrestrial plant adorned the landscape.

Xenon knocked upon Charon's door, the Keeper of the Shadow Realm.

@thecurator

TheCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCurator

@maestro_:

The room in which the enigmatic Curator sat was one of many within the anomaly. The hybrid had literally infinite time on his hands, and he took meticulous care of the Shadow Realm and his horticultural chambers. This particular room held fewer plants nestled within colourful glass containers scattered throughout the eclectic surroundings. It was more or less a study, a bastion of cerebral and artistic pursuits, with each bit of furniture was arranged around a singular desk. The pale figure was hunched over it, metal visual implements strapped about his white head. The object of his attention was a small bit of wood, slowly being whittled into the shape of a miniscule ship.

The knock roused him from his concentration. There was only one being in existence to knock at that door. He sighed at the interruption, his lips pursing in resignation as he pushed his chair away from the desk to lean back within it. He picked up a glass pipe, pushing dried leaves within it before setting it ablaze with a lighter. Tufts of pallid smoke curled through the air as he inhaled and exhaled. All the while, tucked between his ear and skull, a feather lay. While it looked normal enough, the shaft had been reinforced with vibranium forming a hardened quill. While it's primary purpose was indeed for writing in antiquated fashion, it served other needs. It connected with an implant within the hybrid's head and, as its owner remaining stationary, it levitated from it's position into the air toward the door. The lock had been fitted to the usual implement, and with a click, the quill allowed the door to swing open to allow the Mutant Maestro access to the study.

"Xenon. Fancy meeting you here." His lips curled into a wry smile, knowing full well that Xenon has been the only person he has met in... well, the measurement of time to his mind isn't so simple a thing. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

No Caption Provided

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Maestro_

@thecurator:

No Caption Provided

Xenon walked into the room, his feet silent as the vibranium soles continuously absorbed the impact. Charon was a quaint individual, perhaps even stranger than the Shadow Sorcerer himself. Briefly the purple display lit up with a picture of Dr Steele, her face flickering in the light.

"Is today the day I tell Alexandra of this place?"

Xenon thought aloud, having told nobody on planet Earth as of yet the unique location was even real. Some had passed by, picking up an odd signature or two of nothingness -- To them, it was but an empty jungle undetectable. But to some it felt like somebody had walked over your grave.

Like the shadow in the corner of the mirror that didn't exist when looked at. That was the Shadow Realm. It existed where it didn't.

"Perhaps."

The purple hologram of Alexandra faded, Xenon snapping his hands behind his back like an old aristocrat. "Or not."

The former King of Venezuela studied a foreign plant.

"Do you smoke these?"

TheCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_:

No Caption Provided

"Hm." The pale man's lips spread into a toothless smile, bemused at his companion's perennial brevity. Another person might take offense at the seemingly emotionally disconnected response. But Charon knew Xenon well enough to understand his mind was seldom displayed in words that had no purpose. The Curious Curator also knew the question indicated a cool interest or at the very least, an amicable attempt at it despite the swirling cognitions of greater importance within the Mutant Maestro's magnificent mind.

The Imago was quite the opposite in this regard. His own thoughts were often projected outward, the discourse shaping his understanding. As he believed words shaped reality, words flowed freely from him to construct a world for any who might hear. Or they might just hear the ramblings of an eccentric. Both were fair assessments.

Stepping over to the plant encased in glass, the Keeper's pastel eyes examined the vibrant green. "That particular one? Oh, certainly not. It's a distant member of the Apocynaceae family called Venenum Prifma. Evolved over a thousand years after your resident time, this specimen is still as poisonous as it's predecessors such as Nerium Orleander. Every bit of it is toxic to humans and most mutants of your time and mine: stems, leaves, flowers, pollen, roots. But it's very pretty to look at, no? The petals are almost iridescent in the light."

He cleared his throat. "I mean, I have tried smoking it. But I cannot recommend it." He rubbed the back of his neck. "It took a good while to get it out of my system in a way that didn't involve copious amounts of vomiting."

Charon Nyctea turned to Xenon, his hands clasping behind his back. He stared at his friend, white brows arched inquisitively. "Have you come to talk plants? As you know I could speak on the topic for an age. Or have you something else on your mind?"

Noah_Sails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is an entertaining exchange so far

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Maestro_

@thecurator:

'Curiosity has it's own reasons for existing.' Xenon thought, an old quote by Albert Einstein. Apparently that included smoking noxious fumes just because it were possible. Humanity did not cease to amaze the Crucible King.

His jaded eyes looked back at Charon's arched brows, that otherworldly stare somewhat gazing into the Maestro's soul. Charon had been born on a different world. In a different time. And yet, here he was. Alone, with a stranger by his side. Possibly the only stranger he would ever meet again. "Have you ever pondered what a moth trapped in a jar experiences?" Xenon turned, stroking one of the Venenum Prifma's pink leaves, his eye looking almost absently into the soil as though it was an abyss. "Is the creature aware of it's own desolation? It's own segregation from all creation?" The Shadow King continued to stroke the leaf with the back of his palm, thinking deeply.

In a sense, Charon was a moth and the Shadow Realm was the jar.

"You shouldn't smoke in here. The lack of ventilation will be the death of you."

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordDamian

International Airport, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

No Caption Provided

One evening, a small private airplane landed at Addis Ababa Airport. A tall man of nordic appearance came out of it. He looked around and then calmly walked to the nearest terminal.

Few men from Oromo People were waiting at the entrance.

When he came to them, he made a slight sign of his hand, and the men answered him. "Dhiifama gaafachu nan danda'a.... räǧǧim gize kätäläyayän... my Oromo and Amharic are bad. Do you speak French, Portuguese, English or Zulu?"

"That's okay, brother. Speak English. Welcome. We'll help you."

"Thank you, brothers. First, please show me everything you have about him. And then I would like to try find his relatives. And whoever knew him when he was still a slave."

A group of men with a newcomer quickly disappeared into the crowd.

Dr. Bohr will seek in Ethiopia after all knowledge of Xenon. In particular, he wants to find his birthplace. Find his relatives - even distant. He just wants to know his genetic line. He wants to know where and how he grew up as a boy. He is helped by friends from secret societies such as Rosenrucians and Freemasons and esoterically oriented Christian.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Maestro_

@lorddamian:

Ambassador Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

One of the Doctors associates raised a glass of whiskey, looking at his inquisitive companion. "You see Dr. Bohr, there is very little known about Xenon. A child sold as a slave, turned King, creator of modern day Venezuela." The speaker took a tip of whiskey, looking at the rest of his Rosenrucians friends.

-- Xenon's wrath --
-- Xenon's wrath --

"King Xenon's original birthplace is hard to establish as a matter of fact. It is however understood he was sold or taken as a slave at some point in his early days, no older than half a year old. He was most certainly sold to human owners - Something which could be a possible catalyst for his hatred of humanity for years to come."

The man passed Dr. Bohr a few photos, showing the Ruins of Venezuela and slaughtered humans. "In fifty years the massacre of human kind at Xenon's hands will be taught in schools, but the reasons for his hatred? Probably remain a mystery... Unless you figure it out that is." It was well known Xenon had slaughtered millions in Venezuela, killing all of the humans and declaring the country a mutant Utopia. "His biological parents? There is again, speculation, but that is all."

The man handed the Doctor a report from three years ago. "Years ago there was a report that Xenon was sighted in New York, he massacred an entire warehouse for reasons unknown." The man chuckled, shrugging. "I presume our young King tracked down his old owners..." He placed the whisky down, "we'll never know, though. Xenon cleaned the mess up before the NYPD arrived."

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LordDamian

Ambassador Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

With both hands Harald took the photos and the report and for a moment looked at them politely. After the man had settled, he sat for a moment thinking. Then he spoke in a quiet, urgent voice.

"Brothers, please. We all belong to one Order. I swear. I never expose you to danger. I saw the photos. And as a doctor, I know the man belongs to Oromo, just like you. I think he even belongs to the same subgroup, maybe even a clan like you brothers. And you know that too.

Being Oromo in Ethiopia is not easy. You fight for your rights, you face danger. After all, you are the descendants of the famous Oromo warriors. I understand that such information, publicly disclosed, would cause difficulties. So you have my word that I will not publish it.

Do not tell me where he was born. That would be dangerous for you. Moreover, he is from your people, whatever he has done. Instead, please find and send me all the cases of slave abductions and attacks in your area from 1985 to 1988. I believe I will figure it out myself.

The massacre in New York shows that he is not forgiving. So please, find out all the known cases of strange attacks, massacres and the like in Shewa province from 1996 to the present day."

All the men looked surprised and a little ashamed. "You know a lot about our country."

"For being an foreigner? This country is not unknown to me. Moreover, the whole world is my home."

"Okay, Dr. ... brother, we'll do what we can. Can we help you some more?"

"There is no need. Tomorrow I will meet with friends from the hospital. They give me access to all the samples and records. Here in Ethiopia is still Ebola epidemic investigation. Moreover, there is also research of the first human being in Ethiopia. So the presence of genetic and doctor from Doctors Without Borders is fine. I'll come soon to you. I plan to open a medical office for a while."

"Now that important. I bring good news from the Imperator. The Great Lodge will help you with the reconstruction of the Temple. Finance is ready and when you need it, I'll transfer it to you. You can start with the work, brothers....

After another hour, the three men left, discussing the planned construction of the Temple. When they left, Harald went to his room. At first he inspected room thoroughly and routinely performed several cleansing and protective spells. Then he finally stopped the mantration that protected him from excessive empathy or telepathy of his companions. In his mind, gone through the situation from the moment he left the plane, and as always removed all mental and magic imprints. After a short consideration he skipped hurtful measures. He is a visitor and interest can be expected.

After a while he start to think...

...Ethiopia is very heterogeneously ethnically diverse. Dozens of ethnic groups. Slavery has a tradition, and much of the slavery is racially conditioned. The fact that the slavers behaved very badly towards Xenon suggested, that for them he was probably "barya" - racially inferior. This also suggests Xenon's passion for racism. These ideas are not natural, and if someone has not instilled them to his mind, it is likely that he was influenced as a child....

...Xenon belonged to the Oromo people, so the slavers was probably the Ethiopian highlanders of Shewa Province...

...The "black" Shanqalla slaves are in general sold for cheap. They were also mainly assigned hard work in the house and field. On the other hand, the "red" Oromo and Sidama slaves had a much higher value and were carefully sorted according to occupation and age. Very young children up to the age of ten were referred to as Mamul. Their price was slightly lower than that of ten to sixteen year old boys. Known as Gurbe, the latter men were destined for training as personal servants...

..So if Xenon is Oromo, he was probably held in Shewa province but comes from Oromo territories. And they probably trained him as a personal servant, So why such a hatred? Being a domestic slave is not that terrible. Maybe if his master was a sadist and used Xenon for personal satisfaction. Could Xenon be sexually abused in childhood? That would be dangerous....

Historical Provinces in Ethiopia
Historical Provinces in Ethiopia
Slave Routes of Oromo People
Slave Routes of Oromo People
Oromo People in Ethiopia
Oromo People in Ethiopia

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorddamian:

6AM, the hotel...

A strange man wandered through the hotel, intrigued by Dr. Harald Christian Theodor Bohr's own curiosity into the infamous Shadow Sorcerer. Just who did Dr Harald Bohr? What did he want with Xenon, or, rather, Xenon's history? Was it just morbid curiosity wanting to know what a modern-day genocidal terrorist lived or a psychological evaluation? Whatever the fact, this stranger was curious... As he approached Harald's door, the old Ethiopian gulped.

Knock knock.

He waited, arms within his pockets.

He was nervous.

Was this a mistake?

Possibly.

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordDamian

@maestro_:

6:08 AM, the hotel...

Harald is already awake. Just completed usually consists of stretching, asanas and mudras and deals with pranayama.

When he heard the knock, checked automatically that there is nothing suspicious in apartment. "Yes. I'll be right there," he shouted in English.

He approached the door. Unlocked, opened, and looked carefully at the person behind them. "Can I help you?" he asked politely.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Maestro_

@lorddamian:

"Dr. Bohr, no?" The stranger inquired, looking down almost guiltily. "My name Aida Alazar," he spoke, he was an older gentleman, somewhere between 50 and 60 years of age. He looked it. Wrinkly, jaded eyes. Tough and worn hands. He wore a traditional Ethiopian embroidered suit, white with a little gold trim. "I know Xenon many year ago, he is what you seek, I think?" Aida had broken English, it wasn't his first language. "Please, I come inside now." Aida looked behind him as though he was being followed.

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LordDamian

Dr. Bohr bowed slightly to the man. "Thanks be to God, pleased to meet you, sir Alazar. Welcome. Please, please. How are you?"

It seems like Dr. Bohr did not hear or understand the mention of Xenon. He kindly invited the man. When the man comes in, closes and locks the door. Then he turns to him, ready for the necessary exchange of courtesy.

"Please sit down."

"It is a great honor for me, can I offer you water?"

"How was your journey?"

"Thanks be to God, I am well. How are you?"

"Thanks be to God, ...."

"Thanks be to God, ...."

Unless something unexpected happens: Harald prepares his drink and patiently waits before a man gets to the point. During that time, he will examine him thoroughly.

Harald uses these abilities:

Trained Empathy - What is the attitude of his visitor? Does he have murderous intentions? Fear? Is it under any influence? Can he be hypnotized and influenced by suggestions?

Genetic expertise: What is the ethnic group? Is he Oromo? Amhara? The stranger posing as an Ethiopian?

Genetic sense: Is he a mutant? Does have ordinary genetics or are there any special features?

Magic expertise: Has visible magic defense or abilities?

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorddamian:

Aida took the drink and sat down, looking at Dr. Bohr with a creased brow. "Thank for the drink," he nodded and then leaned back, a hand stroking his slightly haired chin. "Why do you look at Xenon's past? No good come of this, foreigner, no good." He shook his head and sighed heavily, placing down the glass on a nearby table and staring at Bohr.

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LordDamian

@maestro_:

Harald leaned slightly towards the older man, looked directly into his eyes.

"I understand it's a sensitive topic. I'm sorry if I was indiscreet. And if you are offended, please accept my deepest apology.

That man is very famous. He did things that shook the whole world. And as a scientist, a doctor and a faithful man, I try to understand why. What caused him to do so? Was he really a mad terrorist? Just a mutated monster? Maybe I'm too curious. This is the curse of the scientist.

When similar things happened in Germany and Russia, many were looking for answers. Perhaps it is because even in a little understanding, great comfort can be found. Can you please help me?"

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Maestro_

@lorddamian:

"Do you want die? Xenon monster." The man cowered in the chair thinking of the Ethiopian Extremist, scratching his neck out of nervousness. "I know where he live as boy. Where he was slave," he sighed. "Science know nothing," Aida waved his palm in the air, "Xenon born a monster, I think. Not even thirteen years and he had powers enough to destroy five men. What child has power like this?" He shivered. "Yes, we made him slave." Aida slipped, but continued his thoughts. "But we did not know what he became! Not our fault... Not our fault..."

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordDamian

@maestro_:

Harald stared into the older man's eyes. His voice is gradually deeper and deeper, soothing and monotonous. "I understand. It's not your fault. You're right. It's not your fault. We all make mistakes. So please tell me everything. You can tell me. Tell me the whole story."

Harald uses these abilities:

Hypnosis: Harald uses the excitement of a man and everything he has discovered during a conversation and leads him in a hypnotic trance. He speaks directly to his subconscious, bypasses conscious control. If Harald is successful or not, the man probably does not realize what's happening.

TheCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_ said:

@thecurator:

'Curiosity has it's own reasons for existing.' Xenon thought, an old quote by Albert Einstein. Apparently that included smoking noxious fumes just because it were possible. Humanity did not cease to amaze the Crucible King.

His jaded eyes looked back at Charon's arched brows, that otherworldly stare somewhat gazing into the Maestro's soul. Charon had been born on a different world. In a different time. And yet, here he was. Alone, with a stranger by his side. Possibly the only stranger he would ever meet again. "Have you ever pondered what a moth trapped in a jar experiences?" Xenon turned, stroking one of the Venenum Prifma's pink leaves, his eye looking almost absently into the soil as though it was an abyss. "Is the creature aware of it's own desolation? It's own segregation from all creation?" The Shadow King continued to stroke the leaf with the back of his palm, thinking deeply.

In a sense, Charon was a moth and the Shadow Realm was the jar.

"You shouldn't smoke in here. The lack of ventilation will be the death of you."

Charon's eyes narrowed, his faintly blue eyes slowly moving about the room. "A creature who has known abilities that humans dream of? The ability to fly, leave the earth behind in favour of a celestial escapade. It's an unparalleled sense of freedom. Oh, our little moth can still fly within the confines of the jar, but his freedom is limited. The ambition of eyes' reach, pushing the flying insect against the transparent walls again and again. Tink, tink, tink."

He tapped upon the glass around the plant's base, the rhythmic vibrations producing a silvery ringing sound. "Does he feel cheated having once known the vast atmospheric expanse? Is it a challenge to him to breach those invisible walls to regain that ever illusive freedom? Does he sit sometimes and dream of how far he could go beyond, further than his tiny eyes could see or minuscule mind comprehend? Does he ponder his own significance? Dreaming that he be the singular entity that ushers in a substantial change for good or ill in the timeline simply by existing within it?"

The Curator walked to other plant, picking up a watering pot to pour the life liquid upon its eager roots buried beneath the black, fertilized soil. "And what of the creature that put him there? Is he god or devil? Oh, the lovely little things placed inside to simulate the world he once knew, bits of earth and plants, holes within the prison to allow just enough air to value his life giving breath. Quite an existential series of thoughts could be projected upon that little moth."

The Keeper stepped away but turned to face Xenon. "But he is just a moth at the end of it all. He isn't capable of the higher levels of function that you might have anymore than I can fully appreciate the infinitesimal processes of his insectoid mind. He'll likely die alone, curled up until his diminutive body turns to dust."

He took a puff from his pipe. Charon understood the analogy. He was quite aware he could never leave this shadow nexus throughout his long years. All he could ever do was watch as the times marched by in faster progression through his cycles of regeneration. And, of course, tend the organisms brought through the rifts, those fortunate things less aware of their mysterious cage.

"As for me, I'll smoke as much as I damn well please in my quaint, little jar. All this time, and it hasn't killed me yet." His subsequent smile was sardonic, a reflection of the rare feelings that remained unshared. The accurate depiction of his internal state remained elusive even to the weird wordsmith.