Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Malice Wonderland

Three days ago

Malice woke up to a surprise, one that angered and delighted her. The anger stemmed from a long, deep seeded loathing for the sender. Io, the man that she wanted nothing more than to see a room painted with his blood, and decorated with his bones and entrails. But the delight came from the fact that there was a return address that she could follow, and that she would get the chance to do such a thing.  

The sun was just rising, as she read the letter, she immediately called upon her dragon, Draak, and hoped on his back. Malice's mouth watered at the thought that she would get another chance at destroying her enemy, and as they flew through the chilly air of the autumn morning, the only thing on her mind was revenge. 

When she arrived at the designated return address, there was an eerie feeling, almost instantly as she stepped off of the dragons back. Walking up to the door, she heard tones, low, mindless and droll. When she opened the door, she realized that this was not Io's place. First off, there was no smell of alcohol or pizza in the air, and there were no vodka bottles strewn around the outside or interior of the space. Eagerly suspicious, Malice walked in, and saw candles. 

"What is going on here" 
MrHaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrHaunt

"...And why would we want to go to a  séance? Aren't we enough for you dear?"  Nadia hovered somewhere (sort of) behind Garret's head. She seemed to be in the corner of his eye. Garret could never really describe that feeling of having someone talk from right over your shoulder, only to turn your head and the voice move with it. It was as though the person was tiny and sitting in his ear. It was...uncomfortable to say at the least.

Galrius spoke up, "What is this? A say-unhs?"

It felt as though Nadia was rolling her eyes, "I feel no reason to tell you stupendous fool!"

As usual, Garret felt Kaim's presence a few feet ahead of him, "This is a trap, I can feel it. A technologically advanced cave. It can only be a trap."

Finally, Garret spoke, "All of you, quiet. Geist, could I have a moment of silence, please? If you all must know, I figured that since I got this invitation directly, this guy must be attempting to summon something awful, like an Eidolon or some sort of Dangerous Elemental Spirit or something , and I can't let that happen."

Bickson "tapped" Garret's shoulder, "So what...? You're going to keep playing hero kid? Seriously?"

(Galrius) - "You don't know the thrill of battle she man! Silence!"

(Bickson) - "Oh, that's what I'm talking about. C'mon Colossus, wanna roll? Let's roll!"

Garret snapped, "SHUT UP!!! Dear god...just quiet down, we're here."

The room looked odd, but it was set up for a  séance from what Garret could see. Candles everywhere. And someone else who look severely confused. Probably some sort of guest like him. Garret approached her and said, "You get invited to this nonsense too? Know anything about this?"

((OOC - Wow...without colors this seven ghost thing is going to be tough...hopefully it's obvious enough for everyone to understand. Just so everyone knows, only Garret can see the ghosts through normal means. They're invisible and intangible to normal people.))

LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LightBright

Toothbrush hanging out the side of her mouth, Kate sat at the kitchen table turning over a letter in her hands. She wasn’t used to getting mail, so this had kind of disrupted her entire morning. She’d been carrying it around with her since she’d found it slipped under her door and now she was even contemplating reading it. 

Gnawing away her gingivitis she tore open the letter and quickly scanned the page.

“Oh. Well, this can’t be good.”

Three Days Later

Standing outside the cave Kate glanced down at the address again, just to make sure she had the right place. She honestly had never thought of a séance being anything terribly dangerous, but magic in the wrong hands could be bad at any level. It was her job to make sure nothing terribly back went down. 

She started towards the mouth of the cave when she heard a twig snap behind her. Drawing her sword Kate twirled around and was greeted by the horrible stink of decaying flesh. The zombie shambled towards her so painfully slow that Kate was hesitant of even acting. Still she hated the undead, so she decapitated the hideous thing for good measure.

The inside of the cave was flickering with candles, which made it a little hard to see much, but Kate managed to see a couple of other figures standing around looking as confused as she felt. A chill ran up her spine, she could already feel magic at work. Maybe she wasn’t the only one here with power. 

“So, I take it everyone here’s a little out of the loop. Not just me, right?” Meandering over the a table Kate stuck out her tongue at the sight of some fairly disgusting looking food. “Ugh. Maybe I should have RSVPed. Anyone feel like moldy pizza?” 

Moving over to the end of the table Kate bumped into an old  Ouija board. It clattered to the ground and she cringed in embarrassment.  
"My bad." She replaced the board and was about to walk away when the planchette shuddered and began to glide across the board. Kate watched, mouth agape. O....U....C....H.... 
Okay, so maybe these spirits weren't as deadly as she anticipated.
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thegreatfour

Michael sat in the dark wooden chair of his apartment. The chair might just be the best piece of furniture there. The couch was crap, the rug was crap and the bed was crap to name a few. Actually, the whole apartment besides the chair was crap. He never seemed to have the money to afford something better. Repairs to his equipment cost a lot. The money it took to repair a diamond laced suit was about half his pay for a meta job. The rest was spent on restocking on ammo and buying new weaponry.

Michael looked down at his hand. He had picked the mail up earlier and was in the middle of deciding whether to read it or burn it. He started looking through the letters. "junk mail, junk mail, who the f*&k is Tank? Pass. Huh what the hell"? He brought up a particularly interesting letter. Not many people sent mail to him that had an address. Most of them were clients or higher ups who wanted their letters to be untraceable. Out of curiosity, Michael opened it.

Hello! 

You have been invited to a séance at Herbert West's laboratory in three days time. There will be food, but you probably don't want to eat it. It looks kind of gross. To get here, turn left at Miskatonic, and go into the strangely high-tech cave. Go to the back, and pull back on the stalagmite. A door will open. Please ignore any zombies that you see on your way. Only RSVP if you cannot attend. See you there! 

Anton Bierce, (the magician formerly known as Mortality)

Michael didn't care about much of the letter accept for the name Herbert West. He had heard of the guy. He recalled he had a price on his head. Literally, just his head, you actually lost money if you brought back the entire body. "Fine let's go"

Three days later, Michael/Myriad was wearing his gear. Aside from his usual equipment, he had brought something of a enchanted sword. The way the men described it was it could cut through the supernatural. Myriad was a practiced swordsman, he just felt guns were better. He could see there were a few others waiting there as well. "Oh joy" he grumbled sarcastically, noticing their apparel as he walked toward them "more heroes, bloody brilliant"

Lil_Cal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lil_Cal

Timmy Cadwell had received the letter as he returned home to find his house on fire. The poor nine year old boy's life had been plagued with such misfortune three months now. A tear ran down Timmy's face as he heart that oh, so familiar laugh. "Hehehehehehehehehe." Lil' Cal laughed as he watched the firemen attempt to put out the monstrous flames. Timmy sighed and looked down at the letter which had been sent to him by Mortality. It was strange for him to get such a thing, a guest pass to meet some ghost. Any other child would shutter and fear of such a thing, but young Timmy was not afraid, he'd dealt with his own little nightmare for three long months. Timmy scribbled the directions onto a piece of paper, and then tossed the letter to the ground. Lil' Cal quickly appeared right where it landed and caught the letter, scanning it's contents. He grinned up at Timmy, his glass eyes gleaming in the light of the fire. Timmy frowned. "You...you can come but you have to be good." The boy explained. "No fires, no hurting people, and no laughing. Got it?" The doll sat unmoving and Timmy gave a firm nod. "Good."

Three days later

The bus driver frowned as Timmy hopped off the bus. "You sure you're suppose to get off here?" The man as, giving a worried glance at the child. "I mean, this isn't a good place for kids." Timmy shook his head. "Don't worry, I've got Little Cal with me, I'll be fine." And with that Timmy was off, leaving before the bus driver could reply. He found the lab soon enough, which now looked more like the set of a horror movie than a place of science. The only light source in the dusty lab, was a large array of candles which barely burned, leaving most of the room in utter darkness. Timmy looked around, a bit frightened. "It's a lot creepier than I expected...." He whispered to Lil' Cal, who he was dragging behind him. Cal didn't respond, but his glass eyes darted around for half a second, surveying the area around him. The doll could sense the fear that filled the room. It was perfect.  Timmy walked up to the man he thought was his host. The man was a doctorish looking fellow with large glasses and oddly enough, a lit candle on the back of his head. "Uh...mister?" Timmy asked, confused by the presence of the candle and the sound of others entering the lab.
Gearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gearo

Three Days Ago

Gearo was patrolling San Francisco when he’d heard a cry for help. Looking around, Gearo saw an innocent man held by some sort of magician. Using his rocket boots, the teen made his way around to the magician and flew up in front of him. “You know, taking hostages isn’t a way to make friends.

Before he knew it, the teen was caught in a thick red cloud that came when the magician snapped his fingers. When the cloud dissipated, the teen found himself inside a dark and mysterious room. There were no doors, only stone walls. “You know it’s not that hard for me to break through stone.” The teen threw a punch straight at the stone, only to have his hand break when it collided with the wall. “Don’t bother trying to break out Arthur,” said a voice from nowhere, “these walls are magically enhanced to withstand anything you can throw at it.” “Who are you? How do you know my old name?” asked the teen as he looked around for the source of the voice. “You’ll find out in three days.

Three days later

Gearo lay inside a coffin, struggling to break free from the ropes that bound him. The ropes appeared to be magical, preventing his immense strength from freeing him. He’d tried cutting it, burning it, and blasting it, but nothing worked. “Well, there hasn’t been a death trap I haven’t escaped from yet. Unfortunately for me, this is my first death trap.” All he could do was sit around until the magicians plan went into action.

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thegreatfour

Their host laughed at Myriads response.He regarded his last statement, head on over to the coffin, which SO does not have a hero in it. It was obvious he was lying. Myriad might just take a look when nobody was around. Mortality continued  "Sorry to disappoint, but I think we're all newts here. Not the lizard…well, you know what I mean, ah, I'll be right back…Mr.Haunt is it?" Myriad had no idea how to respond. Newts? Mr. Haunt?! Mortality then walked over to a kid holding a doll dressed as a gangster. "Kid, leave the Doc alone…or he'll probably eat your face or something. And what's with that doll of yours? It's seriously freaking me out." He looked to see who he assumed was Herbert West knocked out with a candle on the back of his head. How the man could be dangerous he would never know, but this was a good time to take in the bounty placed on his head. If it weren't for all the witnesses that would most likely attack him.

Mortality floated over to a coffin which apparently SO does not have a hero in it . Then he moved the Ouija board on top. There was one thing that Myriad really hated about this. The supernatural. It was annoying to deal with and was sometimes near impossible to stop. The sword better work."Aaanyway, I invited you all here for a séance…shall we begin?" Mortality asked. Michael walked up to the coffin. He got up close so the guests couldn't see him sticking C4 on to the coffin. It should be able to blow it open and Myriad would gain an ally. He wouldn't blow it right now though. As much as he hated it, he was curious as to what they were going to do.

MrHaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrHaunt

Yeah, this guy was crazy.

It was rare that all of Garret's ghosts agreed with him on anything, and this was one of those unique moments. This was going to have to stop soon, but given his company they may just as likely stop him from hurting this guy. The majority of them probably wouldn't see this guy as any sort of threat and probably prevent Garret from taking him out. At least that was the theory Kaim came up with. But if this guy actually pulled off summoning something dangerous, Garret would most likely have to deal with it.

Brilliant.

Garret attempted to dissuade the man through sheer sarcasm, "Are you really someone whose qualified to deal with this?...Or do anything...?"

Gordy laughed behind Garret, "I don't think so, but I feel that's about to become apparent very soon."

LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LightBright

Kate turned to see strange man, who she could only assume was the host, come out and greet everyone. Twice he called random people by her name before floating over to her and calling her...person. Awesome. Not only was this bound to be a superb waste of  her time, but she was just “Person”. She would have bothered to correct him if it had really mattered, but frankly she was more concerned with the idea of such powerful beings gathered in one space. She could feel the magic oozing off the other guests, and she was certain that there were definitely some spirits floating around. Whether they were good or bad was yet to be determined. And the kid with the creepy doll took a bit more precedent because that thing was full of evil juices. 

“So, I’m not really sure I understand the point of this. Why are we bothering with a séance. First of all, we have nothing in common expect for the fact we all have some kind of connection to magic. And second, any kind of summoning never works out for the best.”She sighed. Obviously “Person” was not important enough to merit any recognition. 

"Aaanyway, I invited you all here for a séance…shall we begin?" Mortality--was that his name?--finished cheerfully. Maybe she should have been paying attention to what he’d been saying before instead of focusing on the whole name thing. Oh well, live and learn. 

“Fine. Let’s just get this over with. And, you know, try not to bring forth anything that will end the world. That would be bad.” 

Gearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gearo

As he lay tied up in the stone coffin, Gearo began to wonder why he was kidnapped. They obviously didn’t want his blueprints, nor did they care about all the secret government codes that were held in his head. It wasn’t until he got a good look at the lid that he figured it out. Ancient Mayan hieroglyphics were carved all along the stone lid. Using his universal translator, the teen began to decipher the writing. “There are instructions here for some sort of ritual. The ritual requires 6 people capable of using magic and some sort of key.” The teen looked along the coffin, trying to find out about the key. Eventually he found it. “Only a mortal reborn an immortal can unlock the Land of the Dead,” read the teen. “Okay, so this magician is going to try to perform this ritual, but what do I have…to…” thought the teen as it suddenly dawned on him. “I’m the key! I died and my dad put my mind into an immortal robotic body. But it won’t work without 6 mystics.

From outside the coffin, Gearo could hear footsteps walking up to the coffin. He could distinctly make out 6 people walking over to it. “NO! Don’t do it! If the ritual is performed, we’ll all be doomed!” He could still here the people walking over to the coffin. “They can’t hear me! I’ve got to warn them. If they perform the ritual, then they’ll open a portal to the Land of the Dead and start Armageddon!” Thinking quickly, the teen began to slam his head continuously into the lid. Using Morse code, the teen repeatedly sent the message, “Gearo trapped in coffin. Don’t perform ritual or Armageddon.” “Please let someone hear the message!” thought the teen.

Lil_Cal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lil_Cal

A tall pale man floated towards Timmy. The man was apparently Mortality the host of this little Seance. "Kid, leave the Doc alone…or he'll probably eat your face or something. And what's with that doll of yours? It's seriously freaking me out." Timmy nodded slightly as he backed away from the doctor.  "Aaanyway, I invited you all here for a séance…shall we begin?" Mortality said cheerfully. Timmy followed the others as they were herded towards a large coffin in the middle of the room. Timmy stared in awe of the coffin, covered in large wax dripping candled that cast an eerie glow around floating  Ouija board and it's strange pale owner. Timmy gasped as he reached down to lift up Lil' Cal so that the doll could view the strange sight, but the doll was already gone. No doubt Cal was up to some mischief. "Cal........you promised." Timmy said sadly as he stood in front of the Ouija board unknowing of the danger that lay waiting before him. 

Lil' Cal was a nearly invisible with speed as he flashed around the room, only stopping at high spots where he'd sit completely still, blending in with the creepy background of the room. Cal giggled as he spotted a woman standing near the other visitors in front of the Ouija board. He quickly zipped behind her and let loose a horrifying laugh. "Hehehahahahahehehahaha!" Then as quickly as he'd came Cal was gone, all the way at the other side of the room, watching with his seemingly dead doll eyes. He could feel the presence of fear in the room, the nightmares that lurked oh so close. Cal sat and waited, one of the few visitors ready for the horror that was to come next.

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thegreatfour

Myriad waited over the coffin. He had a hand in his pocket where the detonator for the C4 was. He mulled over the facts. Did he really want this hero out of the coffin? They tended to not like him due to his morals or lack thereof. On the other hand he might be a good ally to have considering he was after Herbert and the guy probably wouldn't mind Myriad decapitating him what with the man trapping the hero in a coffin. Still, he needed more information on what was happening to come to a decision. 

Then Michael heard a sound. Like metal was hitting stone. He looked to the coffin. Well apparently the poor charade of there so not being a hero in there, was coming to an end. Myriad listened trying to figure out why the guy was doing. It must be a form of communication. Well happy day, he knew Morse code. If it wasn't then they were shit out of luck. He listened carefully to the amount of knocks and when he stopped. Michael's eyes widened as the man finished.
Gearo trapped in coffin. Don’t perform ritual or Armageddon. Armageddon?! Gearo?! Goddammit he knew he shouldn't have done this. Seriously though, GEARO, why did it have to be a hero he knew and more importantly a hero who hated his guts? Never the less, he didn't really want Armageddon and he assumed that might stop Gearo from kicking his ass.

"You know, this is a nice coffin" he said to their pale host. Michael knocked back to Gearo, using Morse code to reply, "shut up now". He took a few steps back. "to bad a little bit's been broken off". Right after, Michael pressed the detonator he was fiddling with in his pocket. C4 was a controlled explosive, so the explosion wasn't massive. Dust and debree flew across the room, followed quickly by a very sharp and loud boom. This should give time for Gearo to get out and for Michael to not be totally screwed. One could always hope right?