NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NightWarden17
No Caption Provided

Swaths of students were arrayed in the dojo's many halls in the outer forest regions of Chicago, practicing everything from Japanese kata drills to neoshamanistic mindfulness cognition techniques, in an effort to gain greater clarity.

The grounds were protected by sigils, enchanted wards, and a veritable armada of sensors and deterrents around the campus.

The Sage, as Jacob was now known, took in many students from all over who were seeking respite and a solution to their issues, whether it was drugs, poverty, or any matter really, trained them based on their preferred school of thought while opening their minds to others, and as their stay was voluntary, sent them on their way with the tools and resources they needed to succeed in their own lives.

At first, the gaining of students had been a slow trickle by word of mouth, and while not large, had grown to a moderate size, and was steadily climbing in numbers.

No one knew who The Sage really was because he obscured his appearance with a chi aura and his cloak, a Night Warden suit which had been programmed to take that configuration by restructuring the liquid lattices of it, it had all the advantages of its normal configuration despite its new look.

Jacob ran the academy during the day, Chase Conglomerates was in the good hands of Horatia Warthen for now, though Jacob knew he would have to reclaim his company someday.

At night, The Sage terrified the Chicago mob, and word was growing about the hooded figure who was even more terrifying then Night Warden, not because he relied on intimidation through disposition, but due to his deliberate calm, even trancelike state with which he would carry out his missions, nothing seemed to rattle him, or if it did, he didn't show it.

The Sage fought peacefully but unrelentingly, his cleaving through the criminal underworld, using both esoteric and mechanical means would severely cripple the underbelly of the city, and, as he blanketed an entire arms deal in shadow through an energy technique, he took an entire coalition of crooks into incapacity, and when the mist cleared as the police rushed to the scene, they saw in inky black smoke before it vanished, "Tell all who commit crimes in this city, The Sage Will Strike!"

As chilling laughter was heard from far away, The Sage perched on a ledge, knowing the eerie chuckle he made would unsettle all who heard it, and The Sage's phrase was printed on the Chicago Tribune's front page soon after.

The Sage would strike at the heart of injustice while nurturing the light of those who sought to empower themselves in these troubled times.

No Caption Provided

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NightWarden17

@vael: Absolutely, I'm taking inspiration from pulp heroes like the Shadow, Thunderbolt, and others. Would you like to RP? Everyone's feedback makes a big difference, and helps me maximize my writing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Once I do have a reason they must interact man.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Without a doubt. If you feel inclined, I would love to RP with you.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: I'm doing an RP soon which'll free up my character substantially, once that's done we should be good. He's just a bit restricted now.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: No problem, just give me a heads up when you're free.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I actually like this write up a lot. lol Can't wait to interact (as we discussed on discord).

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Supra-Man

Interesting development!

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: I can't wait either, which of your characters would you like to interact with mine?

Are there any of yours that need training?

I appreciate your fondness of my writing.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LunaHawk
lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lowlaville

@lowlaville: I can't wait either, which of your characters would you like to interact with mine?

Are there any of yours that need training?

I appreciate your fondness of my writing.

Ryth could use mental training. But she's in an event now. So before starting anything with Ryth, I shall wait on Dracologist event to at least arrive at a premise. But we can have a small interaction with one of my other characters, Phantasm. He's a vigilante, and quite opposite of Night Warden, which I think will make for an interesting interaction. Feel free to set up an OP and tag @phant4sm

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NightWarden17

@supra-man: Thank you. I'm incorporating my love of philosophy into my character, like Zen Buddhist, Daoist, and even certain Native American shaman beliefs as well, though I read and absorb as much philosophy as I can.

While he has some influence from The Shadow, I plan to turn him into the Richard Dragon of the CVU for a while.

It's all about having mindfulness and balance in life, as well as helping others, you know?

Would you like to RP sometime, if it fits organically into your story?

No Caption Provided

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

I think after my RP with Reynard is done there'll be a reason for the two to meet, but I won't reveal it yet.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NightWarden17

@supra-man: Whatever that reason is, I'm sure it'll be quite promising.

Just let me know when you want to write.

What are you and Reynard doing?

@lunahawk: What you said means the world, and I feel the same about your writing.

@lowlaville: When Ryth's event is done, feel free to stop by. As for Phantasm, I plan to interact most likely this weekend at some point.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: Reynard is drunk and trying to murder Brutus (@saviour), so there's a three-way fight going on.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: That sounds like something Reynard would do.

Hopefully there aren't any casualties when the fracas is over.

What's the thread called?

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Supra-Man
lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: May I assume Phantasm abducted one of your students to know where he is, and, where is he right now?

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NightWarden17

@lowlaville: It would be extremely difficult to find The Sage and his students, but for the sake of this RP, go ahead.

@supra-man: Thanks.