The RPG character Battle Thread!

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@phenomenal: I thought it was well accepted convention that travel speeds don't translate to battle speeds? That's always the logic I see for why Superman can't just destroy everything.

Besides, unless it's noted outside his bio, it's possible that lightspeed travel involves subconscious automatic processes, isn't it? Something like his tactile telekinesis kicking into overdrive and "feeling" obstacles in time to automatically draw him out of light speed in time to avoid collision.

I'm really just playing Devil's advocate here though. I get the feeling you've got the result and the reason nailed down, I was just wondering how things would look if that edge was removed.

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12452  Edited By Phenomenal

@action6news: Even then, the ability to accelerate past the speed of light has multiple implications. And let's even assume that his conscious thoughts and decision making are not at a rate comparable to his FTL speed. He still has FTL speed. He wouldn't even have to hit August to kill him, LOL. The fight would be on a planet of some sort because I don't see anything in August's bio that indicates he can survive in outer space without breathable air. Luke on the other hand, can. All he would have to do is fly at whichever planet they're on - Earth, presumably - close enough to the speed of light to destroy it.

The explosion would probably kill August, and if it doesn't, he'll die in the vacuum of space, whereas Luke will not. Even if we eliminate that. Luke's means of long range combat are too difficult for August to deal with. August has atmokinesis, which is cool, but Luke can shoot superheated beams from stored solar energy. Meaning, he's shooting superheated (10,000 degrees, though I'm not sure if the degrees are in Celsius or Fahrenheit) beams of radiation, which travel at the speed of light, too fast for August to deal with. It's a non-telegraphed jab that can hit you from the other side of the planet, repeatedly, at the speed of light. Literally all Luke has to do is shoot these beams over and over again because they're just too fast for August to react to before he's dead.

And even if we disregard that, Luke can absorb energy. Like any energy August conjures with his hammer. And to make matters worse for August, I don't think he can even hurt Luke considering Luke can survive a supernova. And there is absolutely no way August can generate anything even remotely close to that kind of power.

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: Yeesh. I didn't know this was that big of a mismatch. Guess that's why I'm not a battler lol

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12457  Edited By TheSentinell

Gabriel Porthos vs Matthew Walker

No Caption Provided

V.

No Caption Provided

@phenomenal@mister_surreal

A misunderstanding pitted these to mystical beings against each other in the ultimate Battle of the Mystic Arts.

Initial Distance: 200 m

Both are Unfamiliar to the Environment

Battle Takes Place in the Dread DimensionDorcor isn't an issue here.

Round 1

No Equipment-Expect Mr. Surreal's Levitation Cloak

Morals On

Win by KO

Round 2

All Equipment Allowed

Morals On

Win by KO/Death

Summoning Spells BANNED

Round 3

All Equipment Allowed

Morals Off

Bloodthirsty (Both)

Win By Death

All Magic Allowed

So who leaves to live another day? The Sun God Garbi or The Sorcerer Supreme?

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: You really are too kind.

I just do the best with what I've got.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting one that could honestly go either way. Though, I will say for now that Surreal does have the one definite advantage of having been to the Dread Dimension and gaining experience with traversing its environment... I'll have to go over Gabriel's bio more.

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12462  Edited By TheSentinell

No Problem XD, just wanted to eliminate all possible advantages other than the actual battle.

@mister_surreal

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew I shouldn't have read up on this battle. Now I want to make a spellcaster.

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Surreal's assessment TBH. It really could go either way.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: That's a bit boring though lol. So, I'm going to have to think about round 1 for a while and come back to it and see who I objectively think would win more often that not. But I will say that in R1, Surreal's play would be to immediately put up his shields (per usual) and launch a low level attacks like arcane bolts to knock out Gabriel. One thing to keep in mind is that Surreal's shields alone can protect him good many attacks that Gabriel can launch. For example, he couldn't just crush him with space-time magic because the faith shields prevent all manner of force from injuring the user. Its strength being dependent on Surreal's own confidence in its ability to protect him. And he couldn't trap Surreal in a time loop because time simply doesn't have value in this plane of existence lol. So I'm guessing that Gabe would have to rely on some other tricks up his sleeve. I still have to read up more on Gabriel though.

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I think in that scenario, Gabri would resort to forming portals as a means of defense against the low-level attacks and maybe use his Void Sorcery as a means of harming Surreal since Void sorcery doesn't rely on a "force" to affect an opponent. It'd be a tricky battle for sure.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: And since they can both just hop through portals any time that they want, it makes matters even more complicated. And at that point, Matt would just resort to having his cloak give him a hand since I imagine it would take a while for him to even land a decent attack on Gabriel.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statue force solo's

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: There'd most definitely be a long feeling out process. It'd be tricky for any decisive blow to land right away TBH. It's a pretty tricky battle!

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statues don't fight back.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: At this point, I just want to fight Gabriel to see how this would actually go down lol. Because on paper, they have a lot of good counters and attacks that could either end this fight in a minute or stretch it out until the other person drops.

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Ha! It might happen, who knows. I might even head to the Sanctum.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal:

Thinking about it a little more and looking at this battle for what it’s worth, I’m going to put down my general thoughts:

Round 1: I think this would actually go to Surreal more often than not. This is a really close fight, with both combatants possessing offensive abilities that could hold the other at back or end the fight in a moment. Such as Gabriel’s void abilities or Surreal’s mental influence, which I would argue are a bigger threat to the other than anything else that they would use to incapacitate their opponent based on their respective defences. However, I would honestly give Surreal the edge in this fight since there are three major advantages that he has over Gabriel: Experience, versatility, and an extra set of hands (the cloak). Surreal has been fighting people like Gabriel for countless years as it is, and honestly has seen everything in the book at this point. Factor in how open minded he is and naturally prepared for literally any attack, there is nothing that Gabriel can throw at him that he hasn’t seen before and deal with accordingly. Such as his conceptual attacks that he can promptly nullify, deflect or reflect. Then there is the fact that Mathew has far more options to incapacitate, be it paralysis, the bands of bolmic, karma, etc. Moral limitations aren’t much of a weakness with his options and general restraint.

There really isn’t any defence in Gaberial’s arsenal Surreal couldn’t replicate in some fashion, while there is plenty that he can do that I doubt that Gabriel can. Lastly, Surreal has the advantage of his cloak giving him aid whenever he needs it, and while the battle is otherwise evenly matched, Matthew has added help that is capable of restraining superhuman opponents and is nigh-indestructible. Overall, an excellent match that could really go either way at the end of the day. Gabriel is a brilliant combatant and talented sorcerer, but Surreal is the Sorcerer Supreme for a reason. He battles threats like Gabriel and greater on the regular and can counter virtually anything that is thrown his way, and do a good amount more. In short, I believe that Surreal wins due to his vastly greater experience, versatility, and manpower. I would say Matt wins approximately 6/10 times.

Round 2: This one is a bit closer and much more simple, and after going through their bios once more, I’m giving the edge to Gabriel this time around. The thing is that the equipment that he typically uses is far more powerful and effective than what Surreal typically carries, with a wide variety of uses that certainly turn the tide in this fight. Objects that bend spatial dimensions, protect the soul/mind, and ones that can restrict an opponent’s movement are all very big threats to Surreal when he is holding back. They provide an highly effective amount of protection against the non-physical attacks that he would be relying upon to subdue Gabriel, and thus making his options in much more limited supply. And with the amount of space-time manipulation that they both possess, it really turns the tide and gives Surreal very few options to actually defeat Gabriel when he is holding himself back. Gabriel is no joke, but he would be facing the wrath of multiple gods and monsters all kinds of unholy power in one sitting. That being said, with a all of his equipment at his disposal, I give it firmly to Gabriel. Mister Surreal has many powerful items, but the few that he would actually leave the house with are very minor tools. I say Gabriel wins this 7/10.

Round 3: Looking at the final one, I’m going to have to give this one to Surreal pretty handily if he is out for the kill. His first instinct would be to let his cloak off the leash to distract Gabriel and portal away to give himself some added time to buff up his stats exponentially. A bold lusted Surreal would literally sell off his soul in the blink of an eye if it meant gaining exponentially greater power to kill his opponent. And since he doesn’t have to hold back any longer, he would just be spamming conceptual attacks with inhumanly vast physical byproducts of destruction. The battlefield would be covered energy projections, conceptual traps, weapons granted by gods, monsters from different realms, cosmic blasts, literal hellfire, the whole nine yards. Pretty much anything that you can think of is at Surreal’s disposal. Then you have to factor in all of Surreal’s Illusions as well as mastery over the use of different dimension and realties, cloaking abilities, etc.

Making the process of actually finding and tagging him a tremendous feat with all of the chaos that would ensue. And even if Gabriel were to come face to face with Surreal, I don’t see any defence of him getting crushed with telekinesis. But even if I’m the event that Gabriel somehow managed to whether through all of that, Surreal would just unleash Irrapu to instantly kill Gabriel, and dying himself in the process. Either making a bargain to get back to the mortal world or not, the result beings stalemate or victory for Surreal. All in all, Surreal is honestly just too unfathomably hax filled and powerful to really lose this fight in a blood lusted state. The only way to bay him would be to instantly kill him, when he could just as easily do the same. That being said, I would give this to him 9/10 or maybe even 10/10 times in this fight just due to the power and that he has access to and the lengths that he will go to get it.

But those are just my thoughts. I still want to see how this would go down in a real rp!

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12475  Edited By Phenomenal

@mister_surreal: I agree on everything except the last round. I think Gabri going for the insta-kill with all of his equipment available would absolutely handle Matthew 10/10. I don't have the energy to explore all the applications of the Hexaedro's manipulation of spatial dimensions, but many are insta-kill. Like removing the third spatial dimension from Matthew's environment, thereby turning his immediate environment into a two-dimensional world wherein he would die, instantly, because atoms as we know them would not be able to form molecules in a two-dimensional environment unless they are connected in the plane.

Of course, Matthew has a large amount of extremely high-level spells etc. at his disposal, but absolutely none of them matter. Why do I say this? Because of their brains. Because Matthew, at the end of the day, is just human. Gabriel's brain coordinates and processes neural activity far faster and with much greater efficiency than any human brain. What does that mean? He can have conscious thoughts and make decisions long before Matthew's brain can even start the electro-chemical processes needed for thought. In the time it takes for Matthew's information-signaling pathways to interact with his information-representing neurons to get any thoughts going, Gabri would have already killed him. Before Matthew can even think to use a single spell, Gabri would have already cast an insta-kill one.

In fact, Gabri wouldn't even have to use the Hexaedro just because his ability to process information and make decisions at rates far faster than Matthew would mean that he can cast spells before Matthew's brain even begins the electro-chemical processes for subconscious thought, let alone conscious thought. Before Matthew can even conceive a single thought, Gabri's beheaded Matthew by teleporting his head away. Their difference in processing speed makes or breaks this round. If Matthew's processing speed was not enormously slower than Gabri's, I'd comfortably give this round to Matthew. But the ability to take action before your opponent can even process a thought would mean that Matthew would be dead before he even understands he's in a fight.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: That’s an excellent point, though have you considered that the two will be starting off 200 m away from each other? Too clarify, Mathew would already be at quite a distance from Gabriel and immediately distance himself even farther the moment that the fight begins so that he can spend his time doing whatever he needs in order win this round. Or does their distance not play a hand in this match?

Phenomenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Distance wouldn't really be a factor in that TBH. Especially not for someone with the means to manipulate spatial dimensions.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phenomenal: I see. While Matthew could hypothetically just make a move to teleport away himself, it would still be a dangerous game none the less. And Gabriel himself can teleport and given his superior neural processing speed would and his own ability to manipulate spatial dimensions would give him the win for the way majority.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian Knight Vs Red Jay

Been a While since one of these was done so I'm gonna pop one.

Damian and Fall Victim to a powerful telepaths mind control and are pitted to right each other.

Initial Distance: About Twelve Feet

Battle Location: Takes Place in a random street in Bludstone.

Round 1

No Equipment-Completely Hand To Hand

Morals On

Win by KO

Round 2

All Equipment Allowed

Morals On

Win by KO/Death

Round 3

All Equipment Allowed

Morals Off

Both are Bloodthirsty

Win By Death

All Means Of Victory are allowed.

So Who Wins?

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan_McKinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I REALLY want to say Red Jay because height difference, but Damien seems to have better equipment in a much smaller body.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda do wanna take a look...but I also really don't feel like hunting down profile links.

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12484  Edited By Micro-Man

The Sentinel vs Blackstone

Nordok has conquered the galaxy and discovered these two beings of phenomenal power. Naturally, he captures them and commands them to fight and best each other for his own amusement, and for their own survival...

Round 1 Rules:

• The battle starts off in a deserted solar system, on opposite ends in respect to Earth's sun.
  • Random encounter.
  • In character.
  • Wins by any means (that is to say, in character).

Round 2 Rules:

• Same as round 1, only blood lusted and anything goes.

Bonus Round:

• If stalemated in previous rounds, then they have full knowledge of each other and 1 year of prep time to achieve a means to defeat the other in anyway possible. Same location.

(Off of the top of my head, I have no idea who takes this. It's pretty evenly matched imo.)

Charm_Caster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if Altair punching a planet made of adamantium apart in one blow is true or myth.

If it's true he one shots cause that's like high end skyfather stuff.

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12486  Edited By Spectral__

Spectral vs Backstabber

The first one to annoy Thomas Richards to death wins.

No prep

No outside help

Avatar image for thomas_richards
thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectral__:

Neither win, Thomas would flame them to death.