#11951 Posted by Grimmwald (3088 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: There's a gameplan the team can use as a path to victory. Hawkshade seems to be fairly familiar with his mother, he discovered her Cave in Gothic and we can assume he knows something about her skill-set and powers. Both Grimmwald and Hawkshade are former Strigidae so they would be familiar with any of the Arcani arts in Ivana's repertoire. So they may be able to coordinate their efforts with the group to minimize Ivana's strengths and use their advantage in numbers. Everyone in the team is a skilled fighter, though Tessa is probably the weak link as far as martial skill is concerned. Ivana would eliminate her very quickly. But there is a path to victory for the team.

That being said, Ivana would win, LOL. She's a much better fighter than all of them. Far more experienced, has much better gear, and will go to lengths that no one (save for maybe Tessa, but she's not skilled enough to implement a plan of action against Ivana) in the team is willing to. I don't know how comfortable Hawkshade would be with fighting his mother, though I'm not sure Ivana would be comfortable fighting her son either, she might though, she's maybe not emotionally conscious enough to care about it too much. She has amazing feats against some of CV's deadliest fighters, and routinely engaged opponents who were more powerful than she was. So I'd pick Ivana. She's too skilled, too fierce, and her gear is too good. Also, no one in the team except for maybe Grimmwald will be able to contend with her on a physical level. Ivana is very strong. She can bend steel bars and uproot trees. She's also very explosive. It comes at the cost of stamina sure, but she's too skilled and her gear is too good.

I'd pick her for a fairly easy win. Though I think the one interesting opponent for her here is Ashley. Ashley can regenerate, is a skilled fighter (though not close to Ivana's level), has decent gear, and she won't get tired. The only issue is that she isn't skilled enough to contend with Ivana, nor does she have the killer instinct you may need against Ivana. With prep, the team would stand a better chance, especially with Ashley's medical resources e.g. chemicals, toxins etc.

#11952 Posted by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio
#11953 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1632 posts) - - Show Bio
#11954 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11955 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11956 Posted by Grimmwald (3088 posts) - - Show Bio
#11957 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11958 Edited by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio

I am assuming this is the Wolfpack version of Ivana, who is basically just equipped with a pistol and a rifle. Her bio isn't completed, which helps the team and hurts her.

The rifle is a big advantage in an unexpected encounter because of it's range. Additionally Ivana is an enormously deadly gunman. She can detect your exact location and where you will be in the future with her somatic reading, then fire a burst of tachion-infused rounds through any cover you are hiding behind. That means both armor/cover/stealth and evasion are effectively useless unless you have extreme amounts of them. She knows where you are going to be at the point the bullets arrive, she is like Bullseye in that she basically never misses and she can just gun you down before you really get a chance to do anything.

That isn't to say she will mow the entire team down or anything. Tessa would probably survive and so would some of the others. But Ivana would probably deliver an alpha-strike that injured or KOed one or two members of the team.

However she wouldn't just keep shooting at them once it became clear Grimmwald and Hawkshade were advanced martial artists. Ivana rarely allowed a challenge like that to pass and would give up an advantage and even lose battles because she wanted to defeat the best martial artists in the world. She would probably empty her rifle's magazine and then engage in hand to hand with the survivors, keeping her pistol in reserve to shoot projectiles out of the air or counter something that was giving her difficulties. She was extremely savvy and almost always kept some kind of trick up her sleeve for later in the fight when her opponents thought they had her figured out.

The martial arts portion of the battle seems at first glance like it should go to the team but I do have to say.. I doubt it. Ivana wasn't just beating some of the best martial artists in CV history she was beating them in a small number of attacks. Often just two posts. In her entire history she was taken down one time, by a grandmaster with thirty tons of strength and a grappling based style. No one who went to the ground with Ivana ever got back up. I think she lost a 1v1... twice, maybe? I might be wrong on that. But I think she only lost 1v1 two times. Entire battles would go by where Ivana wouldn't be hit in hand to hand a single time (after she had her vision back); all the damage she would take would be from powers and tech and so forth. I could go on but my ego is approaching Gambler levels so I'll stop ;-P

But she probably was the greatest warrior alive.

Anyway, I think Ivana probably wins 8 or 9 times out of ten. The only times she loses are when something really crazy and unexpected happens or when the team can somehow make her tired before she makes them unconscious.

#11959 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Very well thought out response, thank you. ^_^

*Hides all my Martial Arts characters* Ha ha.

#11960 Posted by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio
#11961 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11962 Posted by Phantomshell (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

Additionally Ivana is an enormously deadly gunman. She can detect your exact location and where you will be in the future with her somatic reading, then fire a burst of tachion-infused rounds through any cover you are hiding behind. That means both armor/cover/stealth and evasion are effectively useless unless you have extreme amounts of them. She knows where you are going to be at the point the bullets arrive, she is like Bullseye in that she basically never misses and she can just gun you down before you really get a chance to do anything.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
#11963 Posted by Ivana_Strigidae (556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11964 Posted by Phantomshell (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

@ivana_strigidae:

Yeah the idea of a mutant teacher doesn't tickle me none either sweetheart

but teach me you will
but teach me you will

Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
#11965 Posted by Ivana_Strigidae (556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11966 Posted by Phantomshell (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

@ivana_strigidae: I dont know lady I'm like a human cheat code

I got the deathhack
I got the deathhack

#11967 Posted by Feral Nova (57584 posts) - - Show Bio

>_> now I really wanna team up with Ivana with Zeon

#11968 Posted by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio

That could be really fun.

#11969 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1632 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova said:

That could be really fun.

Not for anybody who opposes them O_O

#11970 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio
#11971 Posted by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio

Phantomshell vs The Assassin

Conditions:

• No prep
  • No bloodlust
  • In character
  • Morals on

Setting:

• A run down NYC slum
  • Battlefield is an eight block area
  • Fight takes place at midnight, clouds obscure the stars and moon but about half of the streetlights still work

Equipment:

• Both have all equipment in their bios, plus anything that is standard equipment and regularly shows up in their RPGs

Motivations:

• The Assassin was sent by the CIA to kill Phantomshell for interfering in one of it's operations in Mexico. Phantomshell doesn't just want to escape, he wants to kill the Assassin now so he doesn't have to deal with him later and to impress his mentor Charlemagne

Victory Conditions:

• No BFR
  • Death, KO or incapacitation
  • Additionally either party can flee the battlefield if and when it is in their characters to do so. This counts as victory for the other party.
#11972 Posted by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio

Battles I want to see: Musa vs current Grimmwald and Tenjin vs The Mercenary.

#11973 Posted by Tenjin (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Ten and The Mercenary would be a righteous fight, I may do a real write up on it and if he was ever active I would drop the OP in a heartbeat.

I am intrigued for numerous reasons; they both have similar physical strength and reflex levels but T is faster and able to attack from multiple fronts while Merc has an insane Regen ability and Photographic Reflexes so his adaptability to T in a prolonged encounter is definitely a factor. Both fighters have a plethora of close to mid-range weaponry and are seasoned duelists.

Without knowing a lot of variables in the battle, I would think Merc has the edge here as T has little means of causing permanent death and the longer the fight goes, based on this, I think Merc wins the encounter. If this fight however has a rule like, for instance, the first one to stop the heartbeat of the other or first to "kill" I would be inclined to give Ten the majority because of Ki attacks and use of Shadow Clones.

I think a important thing to note also, is that both characters are built specifically for battle encounters primarily and without Plot or User "piloting" there is a great number of possibilities.