#11851 Edited by MegaJust (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: Methodius can corrupt the Justice Force due to his Dark Octorine. So even with a lot of people rooting for him, it doesn't change much.

@sainguinexshadow: That was because of the insane amount of energy it took to stop the blast from obliterating the city, all his powers run on Justice force so by using so much on protecting the city he left himself vulnerable to the concentrated force of the attack.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#11852 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE vs Team Brickasaw

Love team

Maya summers

Feral Nova

Paragonxxx

Ama

Team Brick

Jean Luc Lebeau

Prime Impero

Animus

Cassius Knightfall

Battle at the brick no prep. Morals etc all in tact.

Bias says team 2 for me.

#11853 Edited by Ezra_ (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Ezra vs Pyrrha

• Battle takes place in North America
  • Pyrrha starts with her shields up
  • Ezra starts at 500 leagues South from Pyrrha
  • Both have all their gear

Scenario 1) Battle to the death

Scenario 2) Battle to submission/ko

Victory is determined from a 1/10 ratio.

Both characters can have their bios seen on my About Me.

#11857 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there are too many "special"-type factors in each character's skillset to really determine who a winner would be. I don't know enough about how either one would act or what choices they'd make, especially when both have such extensive arsenals of magic "hax" and whatnot.

#11858 Edited by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonathan F. Bold VS Kaija

• Both combatants are in-character but determined to defeat the other. Both will go all-out if it means victory.
  • Win condition is kill or KO.
  • Gear loadout is standard.
  • Starting distance is 100 meters apart. Arena is an endless empty Colosseum.
  • Character Profiles:

#11859 Edited by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

Musa Bashir vs Alpha Dog

Conditions:

• No prep
  • Bloodlust for Dog, Musa is not bloodlusted
  • In character
  • Morals on (lol)

Setting:

• Just outside in the The Kwazulu Alcazar in Africa
  • Battlefield is grass plain, one square mile
  • Fight takes place at midnight, no clouds, moonlight only

Equipment:

• Both have all equipment in their bios with a few exceptions--
  • Musa does not have his katanas, nanotech or explosive nano swarm, any firearms or explosives (this is a battle with muscle powered weapons and hand-to-hand)

Motivations:

• Dogs motivation is simple; for the purpose of this battle he is bloodlusted. He doesn't play around or take his time, he is in full kill-mode and wants to kill everyone in the Kwazulu Alcazar. He is maddened to the point of fighting to the death
  • Musa's motivation is equally simple; he is the only thing standing between his people and grusome slaughter; for the purpose of this battle he will do anything to save them. He is motivated to the point of fighting to the death

Victory Conditions:

• No BFR
  • Death, KO or incapacitation
  • In Dog's case the KO or incapacitation must last at least 60 seconds or he continues to fight. If he can be KOed or pinned for sixty seconds he snaps out of his bloodlust and Musa is considered the winner
#11860 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Morals? The heck are morals? >;P

Love this matchup, though. Musa's got a definite edge in speed, agilty, and finesse; Dog has greater strength and physical durability (although Musa's better armor bridges this gap to no small extent). Both are motivated on a pretty visceral level...this would be a tough fight, absolutely...

#11861 Edited by Rosso (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibranium vs Aetherium...

I totally forgot Dog carried that stuff.

#11862 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog: Hahaha, yeah that's what I was thinking when I put that section in.

#11863 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Yep. He's got a light suit, thick gauntlets and a set of vibranium knives too.

#11864 Posted by Rosso (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

I can take a closer look when I'm done dealing with...work. -___-

#11865 Posted by Musa_Bashir (937 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a PPV match right there.

But you are not dee one to bring me down!
But you are not dee one to bring me down!

#11866 Posted by Rosso (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir: Him mailing that head back to Magneto was the most badass thing I'd seen in my teen years.

Especially because Maggie actually asked if he also sent the body back.

#11867 Posted by Musa_Bashir (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Right? House of M was the gift that kept on giving.

#11868 Edited by Grimmwald (3054 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: This battle's harder to breakdown than I initially thought, LOL.

Alpha Dog is stronger while Musa is a lot quicker. He has superior reflexes and because of his echoflexes he'll gradually adapt to Dog's fighting style as the fight transpires. Musa is also the more skilled fighter. However, there's an issue Musa will encounter when facing Dog. Not only does Dog not get tired, his accelerated healing factor makes him something of a tank. I can't say anything about Musa's state of mind because he's a warrior, but fighting an opponent who not only maintains a ferocious pace without ever slowing down, but also heals from most of your attacks, is genuinely frightening. And even if it doesn't register in Musa's mind as anything of alarm, it's still an overwhelming experience to fight a bigger and stronger opponent who doesn't get tired, takes your best shot and doesn't take a single step back.

But Musa's Aethrium armor is interesting. It offers better protection than Dog's vibranium bodysuit just because of it's more robust design, and it also comes with the perk of an OS that offers tactical summaries on opponents etc. So Musa will have the advantage of a secondary source of tactics specifically geared to what is observed (short-term) during his battle with Dog. His claws will also probably go through Dog's bodysuit better than Dog's vibranium knives will through Musa's armor. So I think Musa will probably win 6/10, maybe 7/10. Better fighter, better armor, quicker, will adapt to Dog because of his armor's OS and his echoflexes. However, if both were unarmored, I'd pick Dog 8/10. Because without his armor, Musa will have to fight someone who is bigger, stronger, tireless, and heals very fast.

#11869 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Good stuff and you're right about Dog being a tank. I don't know if you read his fight with Nastya but he had an incendiary grenade go off inside his body, was shot right between the eyes and was phased in into the floor and he tanked it all and kept coming.

#11870 Posted by Musa_Bashir (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Some Joe Rogan level ish right there son!

#11871 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Good stuff and you're right about Dog being a tank. I don't know if you read his fight with Nastya but he had an incendiary grenade go off inside his body, was shot right between the eyes and was phased in into the floor and he tanked it all and kept coming.

Pain don't hurt. >;)
Pain don't hurt. >;)

#11872 Posted by Grimmwald (3054 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir:

@hawkshade: Wow. I'm going to read that battle now, LOL. He's an absolute tank yeah. Legitimately the nightmare of street levelers.

#11873 Posted by Rosso (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
#11874 Posted by Rosso (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder, though. Musa has a lung issue, now? So even if he's not taking damage in the fight, how would his wind hold up, being that he's fighting a guy who basically doesn't get tired and he's impaired himself?

I agree with much of Impero's analysis, but I might actually give this one to Dog based on the intangibles. I dunno. I'm going back and forth on myself. The fact Musa doesn't have access to explosives or things of that nature is a really severe handicap, because even being faster and having an easier time piercing, it's hard because as far as I've seen, Dog can go blade for blade all day long. So even counting on the opponent's steely resolve, he might be able to hit and recover and tank and keep coming til the enemy passes out or dies of exhaustion from pushing himself too hard.

In the past, he's been defeated by playing on some of his tendencies (cryo arrow while he's playing possum, for example), but this is bloodlusted so those tendencies will change and he won't leave himself wide open. Although Musa is also probably definitely smarter than a bloodlusted Dog, so he could probably figure something out at least some of the times. Could probably temporarily shut him down if he could properly placed the stabbing of his blade in the brain. Cut his head off? Only thing is the bio speaks to Aetherium's durability, but I don't know how it does in cutting, and Dog has a really dense bone structure.

Wait, no katanas. Scratch that.

#11875 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd vote Dog.

#11876 Posted by Hegemon (11508 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonathan F. Bold VS Kaija

• Both combatants are in-character but determined to defeat the other. Both will go all-out if it means victory.
  • Win condition is kill or KO.
  • Gear loadout is standard.
  • Starting distance is 100 meters apart. Arena is an endless empty Colosseum.
  • Character Profiles:

I'll give it to Kaija. Reasons being that, the Colosseum is empty and Kaija has already defeated three of those Maverick things without any powers.

#11877 Edited by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if Kaija could survive Bold's powers long enough, he'd eventually burn out and be powerful. She might not be able to hurt him physically until then.

#11878 Posted by Hegemon (11508 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if Kaija could survive Bold's powers long enough, he'd eventually burn out and be powerful. She might not be able to hurt him physically until then.

I mean, couldn't she just BFR him?

#11879 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

@supra-man said:

I mean, couldn't she just BFR him?

It's not a win condition here, but if it were an RP...maybe? She can only manipulate others' size when an Oni, and she'd have to be pushed to reach that. Picking up Bold and throwing him far away would force him to expend energy to return, but I assume he'd be able to get back.

#11880 Posted by Kaija (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: @supra-man:

I think the two biggest factors in that fight are IC knowledge and how much Kaija actually wants him dead.

If she sees a man in a suit and just sees a man in a suit... she's liable to treat him like one and get one shot. If she's aware of his power, then she'd bulk up to fight him. At that point, he doesn't really have any tools that I can see to take her down quickly, so the battle becomes a war of attrition. In the average war of attrition, I think that the biggest factors in that fight become Bold's speed and his stamina. "Base" Kaija can't really tag speedsters, meaning that, realistically, she wouldn't be able to tag him if he's capable of moving like one. Still, he'd have to be able to wear her down before he overexerted himself in battle, so that fight I can see taking ending in a few ways.

He might be able to take her down before his battery runs out or he might gas out before he can bring her down. Just up to how the story goes at that point.

The second factor is how much she wants him dead. If it's just some random brawl, she's liable to try and just escape IC with no real desire to fight in the first place. If it's an assignment, she'd see it out to the end. If it's personal and she actually wants him dead personally, then she's liable to rely on the Oni for that fight. In a confrontation with the Oni, Bold's speed no longer provides him with an advantage in battle, supermetals such as adamantium and vibranium are no longer effective defensively, and I can see her taking the win in that fight much more often than not.

So, really, I think it mostly depends on what she knows about him and how far she's willing to go to see him dead in this confrontation.

#11881 Edited by Yggdmillennia (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Arceanus vs Gaige

Battle Place: Millennial City (Populated but no Heroes)

Distance: 300 Meters

Scenario 1) One day prep for both sides blood lust on, both start out of sight

Scenario 3) One day prep for Arceanus but no prep for Gaige, blood lust off and they still start off out of sight

Bonus Round) Both fight Sahi together (They get a week of prep but Sahi gets none however all parties are blood lusted)

#11882 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

Gaige every round. Slipspace technology.

#11883 Posted by Musa_Bashir (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

I wonder, though. Musa has a lung issue, now? So even if he's not taking damage in the fight, how would his wind hold up, being that he's fighting a guy who basically doesn't get tired and he's impaired himself?

I luv that this took hold and is now an actual factor that is examined by other characters.

#11884 Posted by Rosso (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir: I always liked those "carry-over sells" that you could bring with you to other things a character was involved with in the future. One of those things I'm generally meaning to add more of in my own writing (where I could figure to make them fit).

#11885 Edited by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

Skills:

Musa is almost certainly going to land the majority of the blows landed in this fight. He is quicker, more agile and considerably more skilled. If this fight was a boxing or MMA match and didn't end in KO Musa would probably win every round on the judges scorecards. He dances like a butterfly and stings like a bee. He's superior both offensively and defensively in this arena and in my opinion by a wide margin. Though Dog learns three times faster than a normal human (a big advantage) that pales in comparison to Musa's martial arts abilities,

Edge: Musa.

Build:

Musa is 6'2 and 147lbs. He is an extremely lean, tall man. By comparison Alpha Dog is 6'8 and 350lbs. He is huge. Reach almost certainly goes to Dog here and probably by a lot. Musa's build will let him be much more maneuverable, especially when combined with his superpowers. Dog is no slouch when it comes to agility but his sheer size will be a limiting factor here. Dog's advantage in this category comes down to his reach and the fact he out weighs Musa by over two hundred pounds. Combined with Dog's strength and Musa will have to avoid anything that even looks like a grappling situation. He's also going to have to work harder to either constantly fight inside Dog's reach and never get to rest, or enter, land his shots, then exit. That is hard work and it exposes him to the danger of running into one of Dog's strikes, which is where a lot of KO's come from when a big man fights a little one.

Edge: Dog.

Physical Stats:

Dog is at least twice as strong and possibly as much as five times as strong (Dog is a 10 tonner-ish, Musa is between 2 and 5.) Nor does Dog get tired or wear down; he can fight for days and his regeneration keeps his muscles from fatiguing. His bio also mentions a skeletal durability five times that of a normal human but Musa's bio doesn't seem to have any mentions of enhanced durability.

However when it comes to reflexes, agility and speed Musa is vastly superior. His reflexes are enhanced by his Arc Reactionary Reflex and on top of that he also has another power/ability further enhancing his agility in his ultra-flexible joints. So not only will Musa react to threats faster but he can react in ways a normal person couldn't.

Ultimately I think this favors Dog slightly. He has greatly enhanced strength, peak human agility, enhanced durability, near infinite stamina and good regeneration where as Musa has greatly enhanced agility/reflexes and enhanced strength but he only has more raw physical ability in a single category: agility/reflexes.

Edge: Dog

Equipment:

Dog has two vibranium bracers, several vibranium throwing knives and a light vibranium bodyweave suit. Musa's equipment is restricted a bit for the purpose of this battle but he still has his atherium suit and his anti-metal flick claws.

Ultimately I think Musa's equipment enjoys a matchup advantage because Dog's equipment is vibranium, vibranium is a metal and Musa has anti-metal claws. So as long as Musa uses his claws Dog's vibranium bodyweave won't offer much protection but Musa's suit will offer protection against both Dog's claws and his knives.

Edge: Musa

Verdict:

Ultimately Musa must deal with Dog's significant reach, weight and strength advantage while avoiding a grappling situation at all costs. If he ends up rolling around on the floor with someone two hundred pounds heavier and with a minimum of five tons more strength then him, he's dead.

During the first portion of the fight Musa is going to do extremely well. His anti-metal claws allow him to strike through Dogs defenses, his agility and mobility let him avoid Dog's strength and control the fight.

But as the fight goes on Dog is going to heal. Because of his sheer size, layers of superhuman muscle and enhanced durability the anti-metal claws don't have enough penetration to deal many wounds that would challenge his healing factor. And Musa's fighting style uses a lot of energy, on top of which he has chemical scarring inside his lungs (as Rosso pointed out above.) Without regeneration any strike Dog lands is going to be with Musa for the rest of the fight.

As Musa takes more and more injuries and grows more and more fatigued there is a critical line upon which he won't be quick enough to avoid Dog anymore. When his speed sinks below that line it's over.

Ultimately this is a fight where Musa's strongest attribute, his agility and technique, will decline over time due to injury and fatigue. Dog depends on strength and size and neither his strength nor his size will lessen over time.

Victor: Dog.

Avatar image for detective_whitaker
#11886 Posted by Detective_Whitaker (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. What a breakdown. Bravo.

#11887 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio
#11888 Edited by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone give me another one. With CVnU/Prime characters, obviously lol.

#11889 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

#11890 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Cassidy Lockhart Starks vs Mercy Sheridan >:)

#11891 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade said:

No Caption Provided

#11892 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio
#11893 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio
#11894 Posted by Yggdmillennia (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Kratesis vs Lady Liberty

If its a stomp the stomped one gets Classic Impero as back up

#11895 Posted by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

@yggdmillennia: Oh dang I don't even know lol. I suppose it would depend on the version, they went through a lot of changes over the years.

#11896 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@yggdmillennia: What would get stomped is whatever planet that was taking place on, lol.

#11897 Posted by Shanana (60263 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE vs Team Brickasaw

Love team

Maya summers

Feral Nova

Paragonxxx

Ama

Team Brick

Jean Luc Lebeau

Prime Impero

Animus

Cassius Knightfall

Battle at the brick no prep. Morals etc all in tact.

Bias says team 2 for me.

I just saw this "Bias" says team too. Wasn't Impero a Blood Bender?

There aint no way team one wins lol

#11898 Edited by Hawkshade (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana: He was and he was the original blood bender too.

#11899 Posted by Grimmwald (3054 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana: Back in Prime he was. But I retconned it when he jumped over to the nU with Jean.

#11900 Posted by Yggdmillennia (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega vs Contingency

Both are my flag ship characters but who would win in a fight to the death?

Battle location: Earth

Distance: 1 KM

Morals Off

Bonus Round: Both fight a blood lusted Supraman.