The RPG character Battle Thread!

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11801  Edited By Lichter

@the_xsoteric: Lichter's only chance would be to somehow reconstruct his technology using Satar's resources, but at the same time, but the thing about Lichter is that his strength is in his resources. Satar in his body could prep far more effectively IMO. Furthermore, the conditions make it sound like Lichter just rebuilding his armor would be cheating - he'd have to just use what Satar could provide for him.

Sachter over Lichtar IMO.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cormac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11803  Edited By Cormac
@lichter said:

@the_xsoteric: Lichter's only chance would be to somehow reconstruct his technology using Satar's resources, but at the same time, but the thing about Lichter is that his strength is in his resources. Satar in his body could prep far more effectively IMO. Furthermore, the conditions make it sound like Lichter just rebuilding his armor would be cheating - he'd have to just use what Satar could provide for him.

Sachter over Lichtar IMO.

I mean would it be against the rules... For Lichter to get outside help? Or vice versa with Satar. They have an entire year. Lichter could always go to Stark LOL I am sure those two would help each other in this kind of situation as they are basically friends.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cormac: Lichtar gets accidentally killed by Stark thinking he's Satar due to Sachter tricking him!

Cormac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: Lichter could just explain some super-science to Stark Satar would never understand or something.

Or just say a secret the two of them know :P

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter said:

Lichter's only chance would be to somehow reconstruct his technology using Satar's resources

Which he could, would? Do. He's your character so you would know what strategies he would employ better then I but I've also read numerous conflicts, blogs, etc that strongly support the idea of Lichter not only reconstructing tech, but constructing counter-tech for things he already knows exists. Lichter could create counters for his most formidable weapons faster then it would take Satar to even understand Lichter's offensive resources. Thus leaving him more time to create/prep, and counter for other variables all while Satar was still stuck on a stage one level of understanding.

@lichter said:

Satar in his body could prep far more effectively IMO.

Could he though? Or would he still be stuck on figuring out equations, magic, and the basic fundamentals of Lichter's notes, for too long to effectively prep for Lichter(in Satar's body). Yes Satar (as Lichter) would also know about his own resources, but there'd be no way he could fully comprehend Lichter's resources to a degree that it would allow for a preemptive staging of counters for the various creations Lichter as Satar would engineer in that one year time frame. IMO

@lichter said:

Furthermore, the conditions make it sound like Lichter just rebuilding his armor would be cheating - he'd have to just use what Satar could provide for him.

Maybe, but he wouldnt need to rebuild his armor. Just a comprehensive counter for it or the means in which he could shut it down, alter it, throw it off long enough to do what needed to be done.

Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Satar would do very well with Lichter's resources. Satar uses a very specific set of resources very well, not any set of resources very well. He understands the tactics and strategies of armed conflict etc. and he understands manipulation and psychological warfare, but he knows next to nothing about the magic and super science that Lichter relies so heavily on. Satar's best feats are either when he uses his NPC armies and minions, or when he himself is personally involved in the conflict. He's a master game-planner when figuring out the best path to victory for someone with his powers and resources, not for someone with any set of powers and resources.

He's spent most of his entire life understanding his capabilities and limits with an almost obsessive attention to detail in order to create a fighting style that maximizes his attributes. It's why he uses his martial skill combined with his physical attributes to fight his opponents and he uses grenades and high explosives to create a large area of effect. You come close? He's probably a better fighter than you and he's probably more explosive and stronger. Too many enemies in the vicinity? He'll control his surrounding environment with grenades, guns etc. the things in his resources that'll allow him to have a large area of effect. This is a very specific fighting style. Other examples are when he attacked Maverick's HQ, fought Jonathan Bold and destroyed Peak's HQ. In all three occasions he used and heavily relied on resources that he'll never have access to if he's in Lichter's body; an NPC army or squad with abilities that he understands very well because they're part of the very specific set of resources he has at his disposal.

Satar is good at game-planning etc. only when his resources and powers are involved because those are the ones he understands better than anyone. That's not to say he wouldn't be able to at some point learn how to maximize the use of Lichter's powers and resources, it would just take him a long ass time (way more than a year, LOL) to do so because it took him a long ass time to do the same with the powers and resources he already has. Whereas I don't think it'd be that hard for Lichter to at least realize the basic principles behind how to best use Satar's abilities and whatnot. Here's an example:

Satar doesn't even understand the first thing about magic or a branch of super-science that other scientists haven't even grasped. Doesn't seem like he'll pick up on Lichter's arsenal at a remarkable pace.

Whereas it doesn't take a genius to realize things like "Hey, I'm taller and longer than everybody else, maybe I can use a fighting style where I keep people on the outside with push kicks and whatnot, and if they get too close, I can just use my height as leverage while I use my strength and elbows for some in-fighting. And look there's a lot of guys around.. hmm... I have grenades, and I'm more durable than most if not all of them. I can use some explosives to control the area and manage their distances while suffering the least amount of damage out of anyone" or "I can't beat that guy conventionally... but I have an army of psychics that have the combined power of an Omega-level psionic.. and my opponent's weakness is mental attacks, maybe I can use them here?". And Lichter's a genius. It's easier for him to figure all of that out than for Satar to even begin to grasp the kinds of equations needed to even cast one of Lichter's most basic spells, LOL.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satar: Our very own Joe Rogan ladies and gentlemen :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric: I just need a Mike Goldberg and a partnership for the ages'll be set, LOL.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methodius VS Thee Champion (With a Twist)

• Bios: Methodius and Thee Champion
  • Both are in-character, no prep time. An indestructible 10 mile x 10 mile dome surrounds the two combatants; they begin at opposite ends of the dome. Victory by death or KO.
  • Thee Champion has no arms or legs. He may not use his powers to simulate limbs or re-grow them.
  • Methodius is confined to an indestructible Karman 16-inch wheelchair. Methodius may not use his powers to hover or otherwise nullify his need for the chair. Methodius can move as quickly as he can spin the wheels on the chair. He may not use his powers to spin the wheels.
Image of chair for reference
Image of chair for reference

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methodius gets curbstomped by Thee MERELY glancing at his direction.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter:

Methodius, spite.

Methodius gets curbstomped by Thee MERELY glancing at his direction.

Two disagreeing opinions here, I don't think it's a spite either way.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11816  Edited By Maverick_6

Unlike with the trinity argument, Thee Champion moves close to /past light speed in an atmosphere frequently without detriment and has an immense damage output of earth shattering proportions. While he often holds back IC, he is very efficient generally.

Headbutts him at lightspeed.

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Champ does need his arms to steer the magnetic fields directing his flight, based on the bio. While he could still propel himself, I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't have enough control to direct himself into Methodius at such speeds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter said:

@maverick_6: Champ does need his arms to steer the magnetic fields directing his flight, based on the bio. While he could still propel himself, I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't have enough control to direct himself into Methodius at such speeds.

I don't think he'd need to though. So long as he can still use his eyes to project plasma or charged particles at superluminal velocities, the effect should still be the same.

Donn_Aeonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the champ should take this rather easily based on the information at hand.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donn_aeonian:

Gee, FF. You're not back five minutes and you're already riding Impero.

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donn_aeonian:

When Exodus is back 8 seconds and Nox is slamming him

Cormac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitan said:
@_reynard_ said:

@donn_aeonian:

When Exodus is back for 8 seconds and gets banned again
When Exodus is back for 8 seconds and gets banned again

dawnpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prime_impero vs @ezra_strix

• Combatants are in character.
  • Both combatants receive 24 hours of prep time. This prep, however, excludes the use of outside forces or factions serving either.
  • The battle starts in a generic, unpopulated city park setting at midnight. Both combatants will start approximately 100 meters away from one another.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, and death count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat also counts as a loss (leaving the fight with the intention of not returning in the immediate future).

Who wins?

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra is immune to death, and could likely do more to prep. That being said, I've not read many RPs featuring Prime Impero. I'd cast it to Ezra for the majority.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali Outsider vs C/Contingency

Both at their best, Ce has full energy and stable mental state

Scenario 1) Morals on no Berserker mode for Contingency

Scenario 2) Morals off, Contingency gets Berserker mode

Scenario 3) One week prep for both sides

Battle takes place in Lichter's home at a distance of 100 meters.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Contingency

2) Contingency

3) Contingency

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: You know who Ali Outsider is right?

Just wanna make sure xD

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Ali holds the speed advantage until you start teleporting you make up for it with strength. I think Alexis wins first round because morality is on Ali will be to worried about Kaija during that round and what she would think. Ali wins second round I think without the morality matches you when he goes god mode. Third round Idk though good fight.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summary/TLDR at the bottom.

@contingency:

In my opinion Ali holds the speed advantage until you start teleporting you make up for it with strength. I think Alexis wins first round because morality is on Ali will be to worried about Kaija during that round and what she would think. Ali wins second round I think without the morality matches you when he goes god mode. Third round Idk though good fight.

Nah.

Juggernauts Shield is a simple construction but Alexis's most powerful defensive tool, it is completely invulnerable to all attacks and grants several immunities to exotic attacks even those that would by pass invulnerabilities, Juggernauts Shield can also cut off "telepathic lines" before they enter an individuals mind as well as "telekenitic lines" it is also the only ability in her arsenal that can force incorporeal beings to become tangible again.

Pretty much invulnerable with little in the way of room around it.

Full Counter is a counter attack ability, Full Counter can only be used whilst Alexis is stationary but in return she is capable of redirection any attack whether it be telekinetic,mystical,energetic,telepathic,ballistic,physical and etcetera. In addition to this the attack in question will be redirected at twice the power and velocity it was originally used against her however Alexis can only use full counter if the attack is coming from infront of her and in a specific stance.

Pretty much can nope any attack in Ali's arsenal.

capable of legendary feats such as lifting entire islands or being magnitudes faster than lightning and having a immensity of resilience that can dwarf mountain ranges.

Lets go one order of magnitude up from lightning. Mach 300^2=Mach 90,000 at a bare ass minimum.

I like doing numbers. How much does it take to break a mountain?

Amount of energy it would take to destroy a mountain is around 20,000 MT of TNT. Now, these estimates vary based on soil, the size of the mountain question and yadayada. So I just went and found a calc for the biggest mountain on earth, Mount everest.

The biggest bomb we've ever made is the TSAR bomba. At 50 megatons. So we'd need hundreds of those to flatten a mountain (more than enough to obliterate earth's populace and remove all life from it's landmass so bear with with me.)

What happens when we translate this explosive energy required to bust a mountain into say, a punch? Well, it rounds out to eventually become somewhere in the realm 3.08596e+16. Or 30 Petatons of force. In a punch. To actually harm her.

This is just a fraction of her durability by the way.She said theat she has a durability of a mountain range. So she could round out to eating several of these. In all real honesty, if it wasn't for her vulnerability to heat. The world's arsenal wouldn't be to harm her in her default durability.

But then you compound this kind of durability, with Shielding capable of accomplishing things such as...

Transcendental cognizance is a naturally passive ability that Alexis can choose to turn off or leave on at will, this ability can be known to some as variant of Future-Probability Cognition. The way it works for Alexis is that there are "visible lines" in everything shes sees that lead towards a 'certain' path however the only lines she as so far is capable of seeing are those coming to harm her or other individuals, for example one may be on the verge of planning an attack on her or another being and Alexis would be able to see the path of incoming harm before it happens as if the aggressor was lighting the targeted area up with a bright red light.

Precognition.

Chrono Slam is another counter attack ability, Chrono Slam is only accessible when used in conjunction with her "Juggernauts Shield" ability. Once the shield is available she is capable of slamming it on the ground and inducing a wide area of effect ability that slows down everything in the surrounding environment to one thousandth of the current speed its traveling at.

Can negate and/or significantly lessen super speed.

• Escutcheon Construction

Third ranked in Alexis's most powerful defenses, Alexis is capable of constructing in laymen terms 'shields' out of thin air but these are considerably more robust in comparison to any of her tier 3 abilities, these shields can range in power from saving a city to saving a moon to even a star while also including the ability to protect from exotic incursions.

Her shields have been stated to be enough to defend an attack that would otherwise destroy a star, This would make

Now lets have a look at Ali.

Enhanced Physical Abilities: When Ali circulates lightning through his body, he gains massive strength, enough to lift and throw a gas truck. He gains massive speed. Its almost light speed. Ali also heals incredibly fast. A cut disappears almost instantly. He can take a lot of beating without sustaining any fatal wound or injury. This is a side effect of his power glands producing electricity.

Hopefully that lightspeed thing isn't a typo. Because if he's the speed of lightning, he's moving t a snail's pace compared to Ali. Despite this, she can slow him down over a thousand times anyway. So even at it's greatest, Ali's speed is almost completely irrelevant.

God Mode: Ali generates a giant thunderstorm and absorbs about a 100 Lightning bolts. He transforms into a glowing white being with electricity flowing from hair and all over his body. In this form, He is able to incinerate anything he punches, Fire plasma cannons to obliterate anything in its path and and when he moves, to him; everything is at a standstill.

To have this mode up, Ali requires to constantly absorb lightning. Prolonged use can endanger his life. Although while in this mode, his natural healing capability is accelerated to such a degree that he is able to regrow a limb even if its lost during battle.

Too Vague to have anything to quantify in an argument. For all I know, I could argue that he could pop anything, from planets to solar systems. Even assuming the latter, anything that can destroy a star would easily wreck a solar system. This statement is obviously meant to be scalable to the threat at hand (from my interpretation.)

TLDR

Contingency is much more powerful, physically superior in her default state and has few weaknesses. Those weaknesses she does have (blades and extreme heat) are easily able to be compensated for by her extremely powerful defenses that make her border on nigh invulnerability. There is a constant pattern in contingency's defenses that she often include catch-all defenses that don't allow for exotic attacks or any way to really bypass her except by being as powerful as she is.

In reality, when she's smart and competent, there is no sensible way for Ali to beat Contingency when she's competent and logical.

Contingency 10/10. It's not even close.

#BattleForumLogic

Avatar image for deactivated-6032505a86f2c
deactivated-6032505a86f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supra-Man vs. Felix Faraday

• The battle takes place on a faraway and barren moon with a breathable atmosphere.
  • Both are in character but with a strong desire to defeat the other in physical combat.
  • This is a random encounter so there's no prep involved.
  • Both characters are linked in the title.
  • Victory is by KO or death.
Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Felix's statements in thoughts above you are accurate/power to his power he should win pretty easily.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC CVU Felix was weaker than CVnU Felix. It's too soon to say for both characters, as neither have many feats.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11837  Edited By Contingency

Reynard and Bitan vs Kaija and Ali Outsider

• Morals Off
  • Kaija can't grow pass three hundred feet
  • Ali can only go God Mode if Kaija dies
  • Reynard gets one day prep
  • Battle takes place in Russia
  • Distance between both sides is 10 miles
  • Win by death or ko

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reynard morals off solos.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: He's also very strong. Reynard would explode their heads, though. He can react to Ali, as well.

Earnest_Marks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: Yeah. CVU Felix is like Like Cage/Mr. Incredible tier.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Morals off Reynard VS anyone without above-conventional super-durability.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: You'd need to be durable enough to survive getting telekinetically shredded from the inside out. That's if he's morals off, of course. Most characters change a lot when you add that stipulation.

Satai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, there's a huge difference between say, Morals on Raeyn and Morals Off Raeyn.

One of them is a relatively nice person that tries to do good.

The other one eats galaxies because she doesn't like the way someone looked at her.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: Huh what if someone has immunity to internal attacks like a unique things defense?

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mega Justice vs Methodius

Mega Justice gets support from everyone in Justice City in addition to any adoring fans.

Methodius gets one hour prep but is limited to his avatar and gets no outside help

Scenario 1) Morals on

Scenario 2) Morals off

Battle takes place in Justice City.

Mr_Warthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency:

I'm instinctually inclined to say Methodius just due to his bio but you also said he's limited to his avatar and Mega Just can support from everyone in justice city and adoring fans so it might be up in the air.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: did you see what Methodius damn near did to megajust as friendly fire in France while me and Zafir were just kinda like hmm ok?

TNTank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman solos.