#11751 Posted by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio
#11752 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_: No problem! Makes using new accounts a real bitch, though.

#11753 Posted by _Drake (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_: Oh, Sorry, didn't see this till now!

But it's what he said, one month and you'll be free to link it.

#11754 Edited by Renn_Kelen (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I will forever miss this thread being active.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c71a5928800
#11755 Posted by deactivated-59c71a5928800 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

@renn_kelen vs @ali_sani_bashir

• Combatants are in character.
  • Random encounter.
  • Standard gear.
  • Battle takes place in the Arena of Struggle, in the Sanctum of the Force, and they start on opposite ends of the arena.
  • Only death will count as elimination.
#11756 Edited by Renn_Kelen (507 posts) - - Show Bio

@sorion: Renn doesn't really have many feats right now honestly, Ali should win considering how long he's been around. I mean Renn arguably won in their last encounter buuuut feats wise, IDK. Renn has two combat feats IIRC.

#11757 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir vs @supreme_shaytan

• Both at their prime.
  • Random encounter.
  • Standard gear.
  • Battle takes place in the halls of Shadowland, and they start approximately 100 feet apart and visible.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, and death counts as elimination (or tactical retreats).
#11758 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Dangit. I don't know enough for either of them to participate in this one.

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
#11759 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent battle debated in so long, but I strongly feel that Kelen would murk Ali. I may come back and expand on why at some point.

#11760 Posted by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio
#11761 Posted by Ninjaboss123 (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ninja vs Red Mask (@jason_ford)

• Both at their prime.
  • Random encounter.
  • Standard gear.
  • No interference
  • Fight to death, incapacitated or draw.
  • Inside of a high abandon building in Gotham at night.

Round two

• Both at their prime.
  • An hour of prep
  • Standard gear
  • After a certain point people relating to the two become aware of the fight
  • Fight to death, incapacitated or draw.
  • Fight inside an asylum for the mentally ill highly populated.

I was just thinking about what if they fought as of late and I will admit that if it was to happen in Rp Red Mask would have an escape rout or have a crew of blue bloods to ensure his dominance. This post is for fun purposes only.

#11762 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on bios and showings, Ford would likely take this. Both Dreamer and Ford have a precognition-like battle sense, but Jason is more ruthless and doesn't feel pain. I'd hand him the win 9/10 times.

#11763 Posted by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

What ever happened to the YC vs Event/Fictional Character?

#11764 Edited by Ninjaboss123 (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Well respected opinion. Thank you for your thoughts. I just checked out his profile it had been a while very nice.

#11765 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjaboss123:

If I get to use the Pain Projector I'm almost certain it'd be Jason, but IC he wouldn't use that unless absolutely necessary if he's acting as Red Mask so I'll explain myself as if he didn't.

Round 1:

Probably Red Mask. His particle beam rifle is his biggest advantage in this because of its sheer destructive power, and because of it's speed. Plus he recently learned to cause a heart to flutter, and he can mimic combat styles. The adamantium sword might be a bit of a problem but they both can predict movement, and if Jason times it right he can let himself get a survivable hit in return for a fatal retaliation. I'd say he has a 70-80% win chance.

Round 2:

I would probably still say Red Mask, however I don't know who your guy has relating to him, while I know that Red Mask has numerous allies who are dangerous, one of which is Shadow who is most likely to end up involved. With an hour of prep Red Mask can prepare quite a few traps, as well as evolve his fighting technique against swords while unarmed or while using pistols. Since I don't know about your characters allies or who would assist him I'd say it might be Red Mask with a 60-80% win chance.

#11766 Edited by Ninjaboss123 (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit: Will read your response first

#11767 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjaboss123:

Strength: Red Mask is technically above human, as he is his body does not prevent him from using his full muscle potential. However Chris is still stronger.

Speed: Again he is technically super human, however Chris still has the upper hand here by speed alone.

Intelligence: Red Mask may be more crafty, so I suppose so.

Gear: We both have advantages and disadvantages here.

Fighting ability: Definitely both deadly. Red Mask probably devotes a lot more time into this though since he doesn't have any form of normal life.

Reflexes: Dreamer, I think anyway, if we discount prediction.

Stealth: Yeah pretty much.

Healing/Durability: His body technically is above human, and his bones are also highly durable that comes from the kind of stuff he has been put through, and he heals quicker than normal (Though not as fast as Dreamers undoubtedly), but he survives just about anything even if it should have killed him. I intend to elaborate on how that works when the time comes.

Yeah the fight would probably take quite awhile, both of them survive things normal people couldn't possible deal with, and they both have incredible tech. Since Jason doesn't feel pain, he could fight until he died, which would take a rather long time. So the fight would be over (win or lose) before that happened.

#11768 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio
#11769 Posted by Ninjaboss123 (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

@jason_ford said:

@ninjaboss123:

If I get to use the Pain Projector I'm almost certain it'd be Jason, but IC he wouldn't use that unless absolutely necessary if he's acting as Red Mask so I'll explain myself as if he didn't.

Round 1:

Probably Red Mask. His particle beam rifle is his biggest advantage in this because of its sheer destructive power, and because of it's speed. Plus he recently learned to cause a heart to flutter, and he can mimic combat styles. The adamantium sword might be a bit of a problem but they both can predict movement, and if Jason times it right he can let himself get a survivable hit in return for a fatal retaliation. I'd say he has a 70-80% win chance.

Round 2:

I would probably still say Red Mask, however I don't know who your guy has relating to him, while I know that Red Mask has numerous allies who are dangerous, one of which is Shadow who is most likely to end up involved. With an hour of prep Red Mask can prepare quite a few traps, as well as evolve his fighting technique against swords while unarmed or while using pistols. Since I don't know about your characters allies or who would assist him I'd say it might be Red Mask with a 60-80% win chance.

Red Mask wouldn't have any problem with doing the heart flutter through Dreamers armor? I need to check out the Beam Rifle and the Pain Projector. Assuming they both would use stealth tactics and analyze each other. Red Mask can predict what dreamer will do along with Chris as well. I feel like that would go back and fourth. Sadly Dreamer doesn't have a very long list of feats. But he has dodged bullets and traffic. Thrown throwing knives in a fraction of a second. Took an armor piercing round to the face and kept going strong and healed from it shortly after.

I am not sure of the outcome of the fight but I imagine it would be fairly epic.

And relating to round two He has a number of friends most I haven't put on here though. I was making the round 2 in case the fight was a blow out either way. I like the responses I have gotten thus far I feel a deeper respect for Red Mask.

#11770 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjaboss123:

If Dreamers armor can take a lot of shock impact then yes Jason couldn't do it, but if it just enough to be bullet proof then he could probably manage it. It has a lot to do with the way in which he hits. So, a baseball pitcher once did this to a batter because it hit just right. Red Mask is considerably stronger than a pitcher and can consistently hit it just right. Of course if Dreamer can restart his heart with a defibrillator all it's going to do is be a short pain and possible slow him down because it stopped pumping blood.

I think the biggest reason the fight would take so long is that they both use stealth and prediction to dodge incoming attacks, and they're both agile enough to do it at close range. So it would be a lot of, dodge, retaliate, dodge, retaliate.

Oh yeah it would be pretty awesome.

Ahh, so he does in fact have friends. They might complicate things.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear it.

#11771 Posted by Ninjaboss123 (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

@jason_ford: His suit could take a good amount of impact. But I could see Jason if he landed the hit it would be a wake up call. He should not be taken lightly. His heart would restart after a couple seconds but Dreamer would definitively retreat and know that Red Mask is pretty powerful. Maybe in the future they could come together in some way I don't guess Jason is all bad.

#11772 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjaboss123:

Well no, that's true, he's not all bad, and his intentions are good. But he's causing more trouble then he realizes. I mean, he is trying to cause humanity to evolve at a faster rate, however to do so he has made himself a villain. And his success prompts others to do the same. In truth, he doesn't actually want to do this, but he thinks he should.

#11773 Posted by Ninjaboss123 (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

@jason_ford: A character I can respect. Very nice. Keep up everything in Rp.

#11774 Posted by Jason_ford (1100 posts) - - Show Bio
#11775 Edited by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Gaige and Contingency vs Jason Ford and Vandal King

Round 1: No prep. Team members only know about their ally, not their enemies. Fully equipped. Gothic City. In character.

Round 2: Two days prep. Teams know about their allies and their enemies, if they are capable of such researhc. Fully equipped. Chicago. IC.

Round 3: "Assassination attempt." Jason and Vandal know their targets but not each other, and are in it for the kill. Gaige and Contingency know each other and that they're being targeted but not by who. New york city. Fully equipped. Characters are all in.

Note: I know Jason may seem a bit outmatched here, but I'm remembering his Pain Projection and Particle beam rifle as his primary factors here to even it out.

#11776 Posted by Anonym (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: Jason and Vandal King or Icefire_outlaw? Vandal is Lowlaville.

#11777 Edited by Mr_Warthen (706 posts) - - Show Bio

@anonym: Crap sorry, typed that wrong. Vandal king, lowlaville.

#11778 Posted by Anonym (1584 posts) - - Show Bio
#11779 Posted by Kayaamat (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Any thoughts on the vs?

#11780 Posted by Anonym (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

@kayaamat: Round 1 team 1 probably, rounds 2 and 3 team 2.

#11781 Edited by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity Blue vs Solarius

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules and Setting

• Battle takes place in the small Norwegian town of LONGYEARBYEN, SVALBARD.
  • Both are in character
No Caption Provided

#11782 Edited by Satar (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6: Trinity would win, and very easily. While both she and Solaris are similar in terms of strength, durability, energy projection and the like, Solaris is far far far far too slow if her bio is any indicator. She's limited to rivaling the speed of fighter jets which means at her peak she's around two times faster than the speed of sound. That's too slow because Trinity moves upwards of 90% the speed of light and implied to move at a maximum of 99% the speed of light. She's almost 900,000 times faster than Solaris! To put this into perspective, if the two were to fight in a realistic setting where selling and whatnot didn't exist, Solaris would be so slow to Trinity that she'd literally be taking years (give or take six years) to move from Trinity's perspective. It may not seem like it but this fight is extremely one-sided because by the time Solaris throws (and misses) her first attack, Trinity'd have already hit her with six years worth of damage. And by the time she throws (and misses) her second attack, Trinity'd have hit her with twelve years worth of damage.

And Trinity is just as powerful as she is. Solaris' only option would be if she can project a specific amount of radiation to harm Trinity because she has a vulnerability to radiation. But Solaris can only project blasts of light radiation (which is just light) at extremely high temperatures. And even if she could project other forms of radiation, she's still far too slow to manage even one successful attack. Honestly, Trinity wins 10/10 times.

#11783 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

@satar said:

@maverick_6: Trinity would win, and very easily. While both she and Solaris are similar in terms of strength, durability, energy projection and the like, Solaris is far far far far too slow if her bio is any indicator. She's limited to rivaling the speed of fighter jets which means at her peak she's around two times faster than the speed of sound.

Ah!

But...
But...

it is mentioned in trinity's bio that moving too fast in an atmosphere can harm her.

Looking at her from that nGod arc, she mentions speeds of about mach 5. Which make sense to me.

#11784 Posted by Satar (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6: She's still too fast to be touched by Solaris. Even if she limits herself. There's no way to get around a speed deficiency of that kind. Let's even be generous and say that Solaris isn't six years slower than Trinity. Let's say she's just a day slower. That's still too slow. Can you imagine fighting someone who is so slow they take 24 hours to throw one punch? You'd never land a hit. Even if Solaris was one hour slower. Still too slow. There's no way for her to win this fight.

#11785 Edited by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't even use the best image.

It's not bad, not at all. I just think I'd like it better without the watermark. (But I understand that too.)

#11786 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh gawd.

#11787 Posted by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

Satar vs Lichter (With a twist)

Their bodies are switched and they have a year of prep with their opponents resources, in character

battle place Earth

Victory via any means. (Death/KO/Surrender,ect)

#11788 Edited by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

Lichter would be exposed as being in Satar's body almost immediately, because he can't speak his language. The prep would do him no good. Satar in Lichter's body 9/10.

#11789 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus he'd waste the prep obsessing over returning to his regular body instead of trying to win, lol

#11790 Edited by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Okay what if Lichter could speak the language?

#11791 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: He'd probably still lose. I can't see him making good enough use of Satar's resources.

#11792 Posted by Bitan (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I feel like Satar would take advantage of Lichter's tech WAY better than Lichter would take advantage of Satar's.

#11793 Edited by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

^

#11794 Posted by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio
#11795 Posted by Bitan (166 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, both Lichter and Satar win, 100%.

#11796 Posted by The_Xsoteric (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...what? With one year prep ya'll saying Lichter couldnt figure out how to use Satar's resources but Satar could learn Lichter's? The dude who solved the riddle of magic couldnt solve the riddle of weapons? Not sure I buy that theory.

#11797 Posted by Bitan (166 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, even Lichter bought that theory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, some of that technology isn't super hard to use. Like, Satar won't have to build the Octarine Oscillator, and if Lichter's body/equipment involve his journal, then lots of Lichter tech will become relatively easy to use.

#11798 Posted by The_Xsoteric (1176 posts) - - Show Bio
@bitan said:

Besides, some of that technology isn't super hard to use.

Neither are grenades, rifles, and guns lol

#11799 Edited by The_Xsoteric (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has the better overall mind/tactical feats? Lichter

Who has the better engineering feats? Could be debated but I'd say Lichter

Who solved the riddle of Magic? Lichter

Who's never used magic? Satar

Even with detailed notes, with one year prep what feats of Satar's would lead one to believe he could understand much less utilize said notes?

Over half of Satar's power is inherent/contained in his own body. Lichter beat Sha in a human body, now he's a got arguably one of the beastly physics in the CVU AND the mind to go with it. All the sudden he cant fight? He cant extrapolate? He cant engineer?

I'm not even saying he automatically wins. But I cant subscribe to the notion that Satar can figure Lichter (and all it entails) before Lichter figures out Satar. Their feats dont substantiate this idea.

#11800 Posted by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio