The Returning

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Final Arrow

Have you ever taken the time to truly stare into the shadows, taken a moment in your life to just stop and consider the absence of light and wonder if there is something there, something hidden in the corruption of luminescence? In that moment, you may realize the true mastery of shadows, how they envelop the world where ever light dare not touch and maybe, just maybe, it is all by design or do we just consider darkness to hold menace? Is it from when we are children learning about good and evil, light and dark that we make this connection, is it that simple that we choose to follow this course. For even heroes are never born into the light, they fight in the dark, they let it in to be part of them, for who can be a hero if they are afraid of the dark?

Final Arrows like many children was brought into this world unwanted. Mother Nature had found herself in great pain for seven days and seven nights before a small child with two black eyes was born. A child of power and beauty, but fear forced her to leave him and since then he had been alone, the darkness grew within him and he became of the of the most feared creatures in many of the worlds he had visited. But then that changed when his daughter Rina had come along, for once he had something he needs to protect, it is hard to explain that moment of change in his life, he at first hated it and her, for he never understood what that feeling meant, for the first time he had been scared of what it was to want to look after and care for something. But Rina had changed that in him, his life was now less important than hers, but he would never share that with here. He was not a conventional father by any means, his lessons were hard and terrifying, but she relished in it, even when he retreated from the world she had come to him.

Arrow sat in the house he had created many years ago, a mixture of twisted black wood and Victorian design, it was his escape. No one really knew how to find it, but it contained everything he had gained over his many years in the world, from books to items of unimaginable power. It could go anywhere, he wished it to and provide a safe harbor for those he let in. The white prince of darkness sat in the main room in front of a large black marble fire place, just letting the shadows dance around his snow colored hand, a small table sat next to him, but his peace was shattered when a large portion of the house just exploded, wood scattered into limbo, but the house instantly repaired itself. He let out a sigh as he began to stand and rubbed the brow of his nose, ‘ I swear if she has let those two out again’, as soon as he spoke he heard the laugh of two little children and then running feet, he turned just as a pulse of black magic surged towards him.

‘quae’ He said without hesitating, the house instantly formed a box around the Children Of Arrow, they had no real face just white masks with a charcoal smile and black eyes painted on, they wore black suits with a black top hats each, they had almost all the same powers as arrow, but the minds of a five year old and the size to match. Arrow had made them to cause as much chaos as possible, he began casting the spell to send them back to the amulet they lived in when Rina came running in. “Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there they are’, ‘Really you’re going to pretend you lost them’ She smiled at her farther ‘ Sure am, they get lonley, you never play with them’. “Rina I swear to one of the numerous gods’, before he could finish a small dark purple box appeared between them, they both froze, nothing should have been able to enter the house without his say so. Instantly Rina put out a hand, “Don’t’ Arrow said he was already probing it magically and to his confusion he found his own power.
'Dad' Arrow ignored Rina and touched the box, as soon as it felt his power it vanished and in its place sat a red crystal ball, the crimson inside swirled around like a vortex, 'a memory shard’, this contained a memory he had hidden from himself, but there was more to the shard than normal, not just his magic others had also stored memories here, closing his eyes, he let the shadows move for him, they slipped over the crimson ball seeking who else had cast this spell, who else had sought to hide their past. Instantly they called to him, each of their power signatures telling him who had been there when this was cast, Lady Death, Rina, Kiara and Lady T, each powerful magic users just like himself, this was not something to simply open. All of a sudden, his eyes opened as he felt Rina’s hand grasp the orb, before he could even say anything, the spell was broken, the memories flooded back to him and anyone who had been there when the ball had been made.
The pain brought him to his knees and Rina’s screamed filled the room, having memories return, re-writing things that never happened, has a toll on anyone’s mind, he knew the others would be feeling it to now, each person who had been involved in hiding the truth, protecting everything that was or had been. They too would remember his name, they would remember the danger that is now coming. Quietus was returning and they were not ready, they would all die. The pain subsided, Rina looked at her farther with wide eyes ‘They will remember’ the fear filling her eyes, ‘He will take us all’ Arrow pushed to his feet, brushing off his pin stripe suit, his porcelain skin seeming whiter now. ‘Summon them all to Stonehenge, it will offer some protection, I will prepare the house to travel’. Without speaking another word, she began creating balls of light each contained a message, ‘Come to Stonehenge we must prepare’. The balls flew of in all directions, seeking their targets.
The returning had begun.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Undisclosed location

Edward didn't stir in his restless sleep so much as he violently shook the entire bed. Some nightmarish dream or a distant memory goading his tired body into telekinetic enhanced and biological gifted outbursts. His discomfort bringing a rude awakening as the framework of his bed finally gave up the ghost crumpling, spilling Edward onto the floor jarring him into a state between dream and fully awake.

"Ahhhhhhh"

Shaking his head as he pulled the remnants of his bed away from his sheets before stumbling like a sleepy child toward the comfort of his sofa. Sitting for a moment in his boxers, his torso draped with his duvet as he sipped at a freshly brewed tea. This calm reflection as far a contrast from his sleep as he could imagine. The silence and darkness of the night calming him as he rested. Hours passing as his tired nodding finally a pathed way to a more peaceful sleep. His deep dreamless sleep broken by a sudden warm glow. An orb floated magically in the space above his lounge table.

A tired hand with outstretched fingers reached towards the ball. For a second nothing happened and then it moved. The light flowing like water over his skin a glowing milkiness rushed from his fingertips towards his shoulder creeping towards his neck before vanishing at the base of his skull.

His eyes opened widely as his body shot to a standing position. Pure telepathic lightning whizzed around his mind as if it was frantically rewiring itself. Images, names whirled through him and finally as the storm began to subside a message.

"Get to Stonehenge"

Pictures flew from the wall, plates, and cutlery scattered to the wind as the prince of power shot around his lodgings at in human speed, gathering his dusty gear before once again strapping on the infamous union jack armor. Stretching for a second to warm up for a taste of his true speed as he walked to the door and street below.

The remnants of the night before fading at the dawn of a new day as he set off towards Stonehenge.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

I don't know where to begin. It's just been so long since I've had this feeling...of humanity. I'm here, in a place of no real significance, floating aimlessly. I've become a wanderer, ever more so than I could claim before. This place, this space of my mind that I find myself steeped in has consumed me for a number of years, I stopped counting...I never started counting. I gave up on them all. They were all efforts in futility, a constant push again the raging waves of inevitability that no one can put asunder. I decided to stop fighting. To stop caring. To just stop giving a [expletive]. I can't remember if I ever even did at this point, or why.

And yet, here I find myself thinking about them. The humans. Their vacillation between doing what is right and wrong, and doing anything at all for that matter. I never understood why in so many opportunities given between the two, they chose poorly, wrongly. Who am I to judge...A god damn force of nature that's who. But even that didn't matter. My power, in all of its awe was nothing in the face of sheer human error. In all those movies, when the villain wants to destroy humanity, a part of me rooted for them...Knowing that humans will never learn. And the worst part of it all is that they're fully capable of learning to do what is right and just, fair and equal, and still will choose a deliberate bad thing for themselves; for their children and friends and family. It's infuriating to save someone and find out that they went to jail for stealing someones purse, or beating their child to death. It's like, why even try y'know. So I stopped trying, and stopped caring, stopped remembering why I wanted to save them, what drove me. Nothingness is certainly better than constant struggle and disappointment.

But it came to me in something like a dream, something like a snide smirk, mocking my current state. The oceans of my body collected upon the memories that I once had, those very same memories that I gratefully dispelled from my essence. Creeping, licking at the back of my neck with hot breath, they made my skin crawl to to have them with me again. I thought my former self plain stupid to revel in victorious days. Some call it cynical, I call it the only logical choice. But the feeling soon became strong, violating my armor shell of loathing and disconnection to the real world. "But there is nothing I love there anymore..." Involuntary compulsion turned my thoughts towards action. Stonehenge.

I'll do it...This last time.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ChrisAngel

San Diego, California. Now.

There's a certain joy and pleasure to be had simply turning a wrench, you know? And that's what Christopher Angelys had been doing, turning a wrench, beneath the open engine manifold of the old Cessna 172 Skyhawk. And it's no guilty pleasure either. For once in his life he's doing something that didn't involve shooting people, rescuing people, or even - dare he say it - pushing coffee and donuts across a counter. The last thought would have made him truly chuckle. Could he have truly been happy with such an existance? Was it the way he truly could have seen the rest of his life going?

"Guess we'll never know, now will we." Truth to tell, he doesn't even know why the thought of the Nine Lives - of Lexi herself - popped so suddenly front and center into his head. Neither had, in years. He'd been too busy. Everything he'd had had been poured into this. Angel's Aerie Flight School.... Both here and back East. Though back East....was again one of those things he found he left behind. Too many memories....memories that if he thought much further back on them, would threaten to start pouring in again, and the good mood he'd been in for the better part of the day would be absolutely shot. However - chances were that was likely to happen anyway, and in a very short amount of time...

For that's when that little ball of light... probably no bigger than a snow globe that you could have found anywhere, floated it's way into the hangar he was working in It's not dark in there at all, but the little thing had its way of brightening the internal space of the place even more than it was. Every wall as it sought out the person for whom it was meant... him. And for the first time in years, there's that niggling itch... an itch that almost felt like a burn in the palm pf his hand. The Star Brand.....lit. And he's all to aware of it now. Aware of it and not quite happy, because whenever that happened, nothing good came out of it. The hand that held the Brand clutched, and it's right about then that he saw the globe. Simply hanging in the air, give or take a foot higher than head and at arms reach. Coruscating from color to color....and for a hot second he's having the thought of a bit from the original Tron movie.

"Please tell me I don't have another mouth to feed." It's classic him of course, sarcasm and rather congenial humor, as he's staring at the thing. The hell was it, and what was it doing here? The thing moved closer, and the automatic impulse would have been to take a step back from it. It's what any person with a lick of sense - or sanity - in their heads would have done. But whoever said Chris was sensible - or sane? Because the hand reached out, the thing fit perfectly into the palm of his hand....

....it's not exactly pain, but it IS something like a direct line up his arm straight to the backbrain. A voice....a face. Arrow? Yep, the voice and the face was unmistakable. And both held a directive. -Come to Stonehenge. We must prepare.- Prepare? For what? I'm so out of the game. At least that's the thought coming from that previously doubted 'sensible' part of the brain. But he'd be damned if he wasn't curious. And for about a good five minutes that wrench is doing a steady turn finger over finger, as if he were aiming to come to a decision. When the truth was his mind was already made up. -You know you're going to regret this, right?- That still sarcastic chuckle. "When don't I? Though I'll find out when I get where I'm going."

He knew he didn't need to, but it's a short drive away from the school, back to his house. Probably shouldn't even bother to pack up a few things, but you never really knew what you were going to need when you got there. And besides, if where he was going was something that would lead him into a pile of crap, he'd rather have his trusty sidearms with him. Never thought to have to use them again, but better safe than sorry.... from there.....it's a simple take to the air. He'd even kept himself from using the Brand if it weren't absolutely necessary. But like anything, it's like getting back on the bike. Did you ever really forget how? LEtting the brain take him in the right direction, it's not like he'd never made this sort of flight before.

Stonehenge, here we come. This had BETTER be good.

Cassidy_Rourke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rourke probed at a shard of pomegranate seed lodged in one of his molars. Somewhere around the six hour mark of his twelve hour and thirty-two minute stakeout he had become aware of the foreign object and that knowledge made the isolated doldrums of his job nearly unbearable. Note to self: when following a mark in the future, ensure there is a pack of toothpicks in the glove box.

He had been working as a private investigator to Toronto’s troubled marriages for nearly four years now and still found new quality of life improvements to add to his notebook (the list eventually outgrew the margins of his work-related notes and became extensive enough to warrant their own separate book). He wondered if people who had not grown up nearly one hundred years in the future— who were not raised on a diet of protein paste— also bothered to take note of the most efficient ways to eat food. Though, access to fresh fruit was easily Rourke’s favourite part of this era. Thanks to his line of work he had developed a passing familiarity with every convenience store or grocer in the city.

Take for instance, this current job. The mark and his mistress had been meeting every week for two months in Rooster Coffee House, a shop across the street from where he was currently parked that somehow managed to be trendy and quiet at the same time. They would eat some light pastry, usually paired with black tea, then walk several blocks to the St. James Cemetery where they would copulate like dogs in heat. Make your own judgements about that one. There were over a dozen grocery stores between those two locations, and Rourke could tell you exactly which ones were worth your time and money – Rabba Fine Foods was a favourite of his.

He stifled a yawn and readied his camera, one of the few still in use that used film instead of a memory card, and snapped a few pictures of his mark caressing his mistress’s chin. Today was going to be his last time following them, since the mark’s wife had more than enough evidence to take him for everything he was worth in court. Rourke once wondered if what he did here would negatively impact the future he was from; maybe his actions here would destroy an otherwise happy marriage and ruin the childhood of some future scientist or diplomat?

He snapped another picture. It was time to leave. He turned on the ignition and shifted his car into drive— when someone opened his passenger-side door, got into his car, and pointed a gun at his chest.

“You here ruining someone else’s life?” The man’s voice quavered. He had bald spot on his head that was poorly concealed by a comb-over.

“Easy man. I’m just, ah, just a pervert building his spank bank.” Rourke gestured to the camera that hung from his neck, never taking his eyes off of the balding man. He knew that face. Crap.

“Bull. Pull out of this spot and drive. East. Stick to the highway.”

“Alright, whatever you want. Where am I going?”

“You’re going wherever I tell you to go.”

Rourke sighed. “I gotcha.” He swung out his parking spot and followed the man’s directions. He didn’t know for sure, but he suspected they were going to a quiet corner of Lake Ontario so this guy could kill him in private. This guy being a former mark name of Jackson Horvath, a father of two whose husband had hired Rourke to learn what Jackson was really doing on his business trips. As it turned out he was doing a pair of sixteen year olds named Chrissi and Joe.

After several blocks of awkward silence his captor spoke. “You remember my face, asshole?”

“Yup. How are the kids, Jackson?”

“I wouldn’t know. I lost custody.”

“I meant the ones you were porkin’.”

Jackson cocked the hammer of his revolver.

“Easy there, chief. You don’t want to do that until we get where we are going. How are you going to hide the body?”

Jackson growled under his breath and relaxed his grip on the hammer.

“I get you’re angry, but you have to know killing me is only going to make things worse for you.”

“That’s only if they find your body.”

“Touche. You been drinking, Jacks?”

“It’s Jackson. And what if I have? Not like I have any reason to be sober.”

“Typically I find that murder is a good thing to be sober for.”

“Oh yeah? And what would you know about it. You’re a glorified peeping Tom. Now pull a right up ahead, stop at the edge of the water.”

Rourke did so, and pulled up to the gravel-edge of Lake Ontario.

“Get out.”

He did as instructed, keeping his hands raised as he did. Jackson followed behind him, fumbling for a moment to stand while keeping the muzzle trained on Rourke. Jackson gestured towards the water and Rourke walked towards it until it lapped at his boots.

“Keep going.”

“No, I like these pants too much.”

Several seconds of silence.

“Wh- what?”

“These pants.” Rourke nodded down at his jeans. “I don’t want to get them wet.”

Jackson sputtered, motioned his arms towards Rourke and then threw them up in frustration.

“GET IN THE WATER AND DIE.”

“I don’t think so.”

Jackson blinked several times, then leveled his pistol and fired three rounds.

Three blue-purple sparks lit up the air in front of Rourke and all three bullets ricocheted. In the time it took for Jackson’s surprise to register on his face Rourke pulled the gun from his hand and delivered an open-palmed strike to his centre of gravity that knocked him off his feet.

Rourke cracked the hinge open and spun the chamber, emptying the remaining shells onto the ground.

“I don’t like hurting people. Never have. So that was your chance to get all the murder out of your system. You got to pull the trigger. Now, if I hear about you pulling anything like this with your ex-husband, or anyone else for that matter, I promise you that I will feel very bad about what I do to you.” Rourke clicked the revolver closed for emphasis and stowed it against the small of his back. “Now go sober up.”

Slowly, on unsteady hands and unsteady knees, mouth still agape, Jackson scrambled to his feet and disappeared into the Toronto dusk. Rourke turned to look out over the lake and took in a deep breath. It was a Hell of a sight. The setting sun made the water look like it was on wreathed in flame. As far as last things to see go it wouldn’t have been all that bad.

He returned to his car and restarted the ignition. The engine sputtered and choked like a man deprived on air, but did not started. The fuel gauge read as being empty. He got out of the car and checked its underbelly. A puddle of rainbow-tinged gasoline was already soaking into the ground. A single drip clung to a bullet-shaped hole in his gas tank. So much for the water shelf.

He got back into his car and rested his head on the steering wheel. If he had dealt with Jackson sooner then maybe his car would still work. But maybe a deranged man would have opened fire on a city street. Rourke didn’t want to see someone bleed out over his work.

A bright light on the edge of his vision drew his attention. Before he could react the orb collided with him face-first and a heavy kind of pain spread throughout his entire body, like each of her nerves were being unraveled and stretched out before being replaced in a different order. He fought to stop from biting through his own tongue as he slammed his head repeatedly against the steering wheel. Images flashed through his mind like photographs being shoved into his face before being ripped away, images of things he had been trying to remember since the day he arrived in this time.

“Fffffaaa— Arrow! Stonehenge!”

The pain finally subsided and Rourke was left in a cold sweat. He looked down at the camera that had hung from around his neck through all of this. At some point impacts had cracked its lens. He stashed it away in the carrying case in the back seat and got out of his car with a new sense of purpose. But before he went to the airport he had to finish this job, get supplies from his apartment, and find a Damn toothpick for the pomegranate seed in his tooth. Rourke didn’t leave anything half-done.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Kurrent

He never though it would happen. For ten years Kurrent had given up the life that he had given so much to and had taken so much form him. There were new people to do what needed to be done and after years of fighting the good fight he could finally rest. Since his retirement he’s spent his time building up his business Savior Construction. He took that on like he did saving the world, full steam ahead and as a result business was good and extremely lucrative. He even found time to find a woman he truly loved. The two years he has spent with her were great, he didn’t think he could be happier until several months ago when he found out was going to be a father.

“Don’t be like that” he said as he was lacing up his boots. “I have to do this I don’t have a choice”. He stood up proud that his gear still fit after all this time but concerned that his love would not be able to forgive him. He had honest with her about who is was and warned her that he may have to at some point become Kurrent once again. The woman he spoke to was a natural beauty with raven colored hair and an intoxicating aura. As he continued to put on his garb she became relentless in her pursuit to get him not to go to Stonehenge as the mysterious ball of light had requested. Before she could finish her argument, he was ready to go weapons holstered and all. A bitter sweet feeling coursed through him. He was about to leave this new life to fight an evil that no one fully understands and that he may not be capable of defeating but his sense of duty was not going to let him miss the opportunity to try.

With his helmet in hand, he began to raise it towards his head and conjure the Zoom Tube portal that would take him to the rally point that he has been summoned to. “You and the baby are the most important thing in my life, if I don’t go there may not be a world that we want the baby to live in”. His words were true and with all his heart he hoped that she would understand. With the helmet fully on his head he began to feel a blinding pain in his head. He felt weak and quickly dropped to a knee. Seconds past and his symptoms went away and finally he began to see in the literal sense. He looked at his love and she had red eyes that were glowing brightly. “What the ..….” he said as he drew Thunder and pointed it at her in shock.

Her demeanor changed from a loving and caring partner to cold and evil and she began to speak. “I see that my telepathic link to you is now severed that you put your helmet on. Mistress Redhead and Nighthuter are exceptionally gifted for crafting you such a thing” She began to pace and her belly began to shrink and as it went down, mist was released from the area. It happened so fast and before Kurrent could speak what stood before him was a slender woman. “WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BABY” he screamed. A smile crept upon her face, “there was no baby you fool. You were just a pawn in something that your little brain cannot even begin to comprehend. As we speak your essence, that I carried and matured for months has given Lord Quietus your spark and now he will rise”

Confused Kurrent asked, “what are you talking about? Who the hell are you?” Quickly she responded, “I serve Lord Quietus and have been doing so for over 700 years. Since he was defeated when he was in his premature state years ago my fellow Acolytes and I have been collecting power and funneling it to him as well as breeding an army for him. We now have an army of Acolytes over ten thousand humans and meta human strong and our numbers continue to grow.”

The emotions he felt ranged from sadness to vicious fury. The past two years have all been a cruel and sick joke at his expense. He rose to his feet cautious that the woman who was his most trusted ally has now become the most hated person in his world had another hidden power as said, “I just want to tell you that…”bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam He unloaded with Thunder leaving her nothing but ash. Tears crept down his face and he felt broken as she had truly beat him but this had to be remedied.

With Thunder still in had he said aloud “Stonehenge” and the Zoom Tube portal opened. He walked through and in an instant appeared at the majestic site with weapon drawn. He saw both friend and foe there, the best of the best. Could this be another trick he thought, all part of Quietus’ plan. He was on edge, he was out of the game for so long and got careless and may have just helped the biggest bad start the beginning of the end, as long as he still had breath that would not happen again. “Somebody better tell me what the hell is going on right freaking now”

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

It had been what felt like eons since Gen had felt something like real fear, even Arrow was unable to imprint the real fear he had so long ago shown Gen. During the Wars of the old world during the constant flux of fights and betrayals, thats when he last felt real fear, or the last time he remembered. When Arrow had without any effort handed Gen his pride and shoved it deep down his gullet, he could have easily strung the innards of Gen across the field, but he toyed with him embarrassing him truly to the very core. This was the moment where Gen begun his hatred for the pale skinned man who would later become both an enemy and an ally. Even his offspring Rina was something that had grown as close to a little daughter to Gen, yet no matter what happened over the course of their lives the seed of hate had grown slowly. Then when Gen found the strength he knew it would take to take the Pale Faced one down a few pegs he disappeared, leaving Gen alone in his rage. That was ten years ago, ten long agonizing years. Now the world was barren of anyone or anything to truly give Gen something worth fighting. The King sits atop a throne he did not win, but a throne he simply acquired without a single ounce of real blood being shed. This cut deep with the giant known as Darkchild, he simply sat and waiting many days for the return of Arrow or something more something that could show him what fear was, and this fear would push him further. Push him to become stronger than he was now

Kneeling at the end of his bed as another of his recent play things fall to the bed motionless and empty of blood and fluids, flicking his tentacles free of blood and fluid he stands and looks to the bed as its covered with another body. This time a young little thing, he no longer felt the NEED to do these things more it had become a routine to do something barbaric in hopes something came to challenge him. He thought as he stood looking over what he thought was a bed filled with the dead, one single body moved slightly. Lighting fast a tentacle snapped the body from the bed and lifted it into the air, he stared into the womans eyes as she clung to life "You still live?.....well then..." he tossed her to the corner of the room where she tried to crawl away "Add her to the rest...this time let one of the more intellgent ones use her please." as he spoke a long parasite scurried across the floor and dove down the womans throat, tearing her mouth wide as it entered and slid down her throat. Taking full control over her body, it twitched and flailed before finding all the right nerves to control.

As the new host body stood Gen felt something surge through him as his head felt as if it was to split wide open, he felt true fear....memories flooded back into his mind. A feeling of pure dread filled him entirely, images of fights he never remembered being a part of, an entire portion of his life that was taken from him filled his mind fully. Falling to the ground in a seizure his darklings and parasites knew nothing that could cause their King to have such pain. Screams echoed throughout the Icelandic castle, filling it with the screams of its king rather than the tortured sounds of victims. Then as quickly as it came upon him it was over, darklings tried to touch their master but he pushed them away as he stood, now the castle was filled with laughter.

Gen stood up a twisted smile on his face once again, the very same smile that for years chilled everyone he came up against with pure sickening fear. A smile that the Pale One would be proud of, and he laughed continously as he walked from the bed to a cabinet he hadnt opened in a decade. Flicking his wrist the doors opened to show his armor, the very same armor he had worn during the Wars, during his days leading the Vine Villains, and during the most entertaining years of his life. Doning on his helmet and slipping on his gauntlets the darkness that dwelled within him did the rest, covering what wasnt covered in this armor with thick darkness armor, his metallic skin clanking against the armor as he put it on. Laughter still sounded as he walked towards the front doors of the castle, as if cutting through the laughter a single darkling asked "Where are you going master?"the laughter stopped but the smile never left as he answered "Seems that something that I had forgotten has returned....and I must go see what was so scary that the Pale One even feared it...." with those words Gen flicked his wrist with a gleeful smile still across his face and he was gone disappearing into a portal of darkness.

Cassidy_Rourke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rourke leaned back in his chair, but he couldn’t relax. Every other passenger on the red-eye flight to England was getting some sleep over the Atlantic, while Rourke felt like he had downed a quadruple espresso. The one-way plane ticket had cleaned out his savings, but money problems were the furthest thing from his mind right now though. He just kept replaying those mental pictures the ball of light had shown him— or at least what he could remember of them. The attack on his ship during the peace-keeping mission from unknown hostiles, the emergency landing on a colonial planet and the firefight they were destined to lose, and then . . . Him. The Pale Man. An incandescent light. The area around him looked distorted, and the distortion spread until others appeared around him. Whatever was going on was happening across space, across time. Those enemy hostiles were part of it, but not directly, he was certain of that. Just in the way that fleas are part of a grizzly bear. They won somehow. Or at least he thought so. He wouldn’t still be there if they hadn’t. He was also certain of that.

“Can I get you anything to eat?” The flight attendant’s voice matched her customer service smile, polished and friendly.

“Umm, yes. Please. Tomato juice would be fantastic.” On some level Rourke was aware that he had not eaten since his stakeout the day before. “And could I get a couple of those bags of pretzels?”

“I’m sorry sir, I’m actually out of the pretzels. Here is your juice though.” She handed the can off to him and before she could even turn away he had drained it. Perhaps there was something to be said of protein paste after all. Of course if things went well he could have more of it to look forward to. And not just that. His team. His family. His friends. Arrow brought him from his own time and that meant Arrow could put him back where he belongs. Whatever this Quietus thing was, it was standing in Rourke’s way.

Noise from the front of the plane drew his attention. Someone laughing? Rourke poked his head over the seat in front of him. The flight attendant was spasming against the food cart, but nobody else seemed to notice.

“Souls for my lord Quietus.”

What?

Before Rourke could act the wall of the fuselage crumpled away like scrap paper and upper atmosphere roared around them in a maelstrom. Rourke could see people panicking even if he couldn’t hear them over the din. He threw both his hands up and manifested a biotic field over the hole. Ultra-dense air formed a barrier against the storm. Violet energy crackled from Rourke’s eyes and hands as he felt every ounce of pressure against his barrier. The plane as evening out. Just hold out until they can land. The flight attendant screamed and sprinted down the aisle towards him. No way to defend himself. Well, maybe one.

For the breadth of a blink he opened a hole in his barrier directly above the flight attendant. They vanished, sucked away by the vacuum. Rourke’s stomach turned and then he was glad it was empty. That was a Hell of a way for anyone to go. He had known people who died that way.

Arrow better have answers.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow stood in the library of his house, it was never ending with twisting shelves of books, tattered and new, you could spend years in the vastness and never find an end. It was everything he had ever learned or worth taking note of, forgotten times and other worlds. Whoever entered the library would be met with a single ball of light, this would illuminate their journey and reading, each person would gain their own, just in case he had visitors. He sat in the empty chair and closed his eyes, several books landed before him and he let out a smile, these books where about him, the house had read his mind but did not give him the answers he was looking for, ‘Who am I’ the house seemed to creak nervously ‘House, these books are lies, APPEAR’ his voice crackled with power, raw dangerous power. For Arrow, even in his darkest of hours always had some level of control, when he was chaotic, there was always a design, something he knew the outcome of. But in this moment, he was lost.

A florescent blue mist began to build in front of him, swilling like a fountain about to explode, but instead, it formed her, the essence of the house, her entire body hummed with power, for she was magic in itself, the only other color was the deepest blacks within her eyes. She had taken the form of Lady Redhead, as she had no true form of her own, ‘Master’ she bowed her head low and looked away as she raised it again, ’The truth’. ‘It is my duty to protect you and the Arrow family’ she continued to look away, ‘I can..’ it all happened in a flash, Arrow had not just vanished from his chair but in the same instance, appeared and captured her by the arms, this would normally be impossible, but he had changed his body to the same magic as hers, in an instance, there he stood the Final Arrow of old, gone was the pin stripped suit he adorned for the humans, replaced by the armor of the shadow realm, she had searched his library to see what it was made from, but found nothing, she knew it to be light and almost unbreakable, it remaindered her of elven workmanship. his face now pale with a marble like gloss, showing the true power of his ruby eyes as they glared at the side of her.

‘Did you not think I would sense your magic on there too? LOOK AT ME’ She finally turned her head and he instantly let go, tears had filled her eyes, ‘I did not know you could cry’ he said, ‘Of course I can, I cannot tell you the truth, you are already changing, you would never have let go of me even if you had seen my tears, you would have laughed and licked them from my cheek, you don’t understand you need to be strong, you need to be what you made yourself…’ she had said too much, moving back she tried to vanish, but he had tied her to him when they touched. ‘House, you will show me or I will take the other memories you took out of the shard’. It was not an empty threat she knew this, sitting back down, ‘I need to know everything before I can continue, no one else will know’, ‘You must know this is not an easy thing you ask of me, you must know within yourself that you ordered me to hold this from you and from them’

Arrow mind was racing, what would he ever hide from himself, what would have made him want to protect others in this way, he held knowledge above all other weapons. Her hands reached out, touching the side of his head, ‘Please forgive me’ a single blue magically tear fell on his forehead, but her words where lost, Arrows mind was filling with new information, they had re-written history, he was starting to understand the full threat that lay before them, things from his past that where not his doing, it was like looking through mist, first he saw Gambler.

‘Mon Ami, you cannot do this’, Arrow turned ‘I must’. ‘Then let it be me or one of the others.’ A happy laugh, one that he had not heard in so long escaped his lips, ‘You know it must be me, people will see my powers and instinctively fear.’ The mist cleared and moved to another, Kurrent ‘No one will know what you have done, We…I will hate you’, Dark Child walked in front of them all, “What he is doing help all of you heroes and us a like, we must forget, we have to or, we make Quietus more powerful, we have all done things that we are not proud of, killed our own families’ he looked at Kurrent and the two held each other’s gaze for a moment, but it was the voice of Mighty Magneto that broke the tension, ‘We need someone to blame, someone who can weave their own way into dreams of the world, even if that makes him a villain’. Gambler stood in front of Magneto ‘Then you do it, you self-righteous’. He felt the anger and the pride ‘Enough’ his past self-said, ‘This is the best course we all know it’ the memory began to fade and he looked at House ‘No one else is to know, take us to Stonehenge’.

She began to vanish back into the wood, he sat starting to wonder if everything he had done from that point had been a lie, the deaths, was he the darkness the world feared, for the first time in a millennium he was lost, his mind was not his own, he was broken ‘I am sorry’ she said before vanishing.

Rina_RedArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

“YOU CHEATED” Rina threw the cards down and started kicking Aruka, the nearest Shinigami, in the head. “HOW DARE YOU NOT LET ME WIN YOU STUPID DEMON CREATURE THINGYMEBOB” Crunches of the creature’s skull crushing under her Doc Marten boots mingled with the laughter of the other death Gods sitting in the circle. “It was MY TURN to win” Rina screamed, stomping one last time, grinding the remains of the skull into the dirt squishing the demons eye with a loud pop. Walking away from the group of chuckling creatures she could hear the swirl of the death gods essence recreating itself. She couldn’t even kill these irritating beings she thought to herself as she scraped blood and bone off the edge of her cherry red Docs.

Her dad had truly found the perfect place to send her as punishment for losing his hat all those hundreds of years ago. Time moved differently in the Shinigami dimension, while she had been ruling over this dimension for over 150 years, on Earth it had only been 5 years. Her mind and her memories crossed dimensions and timelines, she had no clarity of what reality she was in at any given time. One minute she would remember clearly the day she had walked into the Vine Prodigies academy, then the next she would see the day she killed her mother, they were mere seconds apart to her, not years. Faces of people she had known since her conception and birth flashed in and out of her head, often she could be found talking to them as if they were right in front of her. She had regenerated four times now those human’s and supernatural beings that she had befriended on Earth, would remember her as the curvy blonde with a penchant for a giant hammer and wearing a harlequin outfit, having been the reason for one wave of destruction on earth. Every regeneration she was always a female and always stuck in the body of a 17-year-old. It was her curse, a death curse that her mother had levelled at her when Rina had plunged the blade into that vampire’s heart. She would never age, she would never bear children and she would always look like a school student.

Kicking off her shoes and flopping onto her metal throne, Rina pulled out a bottle of black nail polish and bent her foot up to her face, sliding the paint brush through the liquid she slid it across the edge of her toenails. “Raon I’m so freaking bored, gimme a loan of your book” Rina sang out across the groups of demons hanging out around the bottom of her chair. Raon stood, his height dwarfing Rina and her chair, the demon stood at 9feet tall, “You know I cannot Rina, your father forbade us to let you use our books” Rina frowned, her eyes peering over the edge of her toes, “Roan, who rules this dimension?” she asked, her voice low and dangerous “You do” said the death God, with no hint of emotion “THEN GIVE ME THE GOD DARN BOOK YOU BIG BONE HEAD” Rina flung the bottle of nail polish at the Shinigami’s face. Time slowed for a moment as the bottle spun through the air, liquid spilt out in a mesmerising arc flowing gently through the air. The dimension shattered as a booming voice undulated through the air ripping away one reality and pushing Rina into another.

DAUGHTTTEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

“Ah, fudge, what did I do now?” Rina sighed as she was sucked through dimensions to her father side.

STONEHENGE

After a much-needed outfit change into a mini skirt, fishnets, suspenders and a top that left nothing to the imagination, Rina sat atop one of the last intact ruins of Stonehenge, her bare feet kicking against the stone. The power in this place rumbled through her, vibrating against her flesh it burned pleasantly across her thighs and ass.

“Rina, get down from there before I stick you back in another dimension full of useless Gods” his tall pale figure looked out across the land as he absentmindedly waved a hand in her direction “One-second daddyo” she murmured with a shuddering sigh and satisfying sigh. Stretching her arms up high she jumped down from the rock and stood by Final Arrow’s side, smacking him on the butt she raised a hand to her eyes “I don’t see any of these people yet” making a big do of turning her head side to side and bobbing up and down, he glared down at her. She grinned with a wink, but quickly straightened up, there was only so far that she could push him before she was in big trouble. He was indulgent, but also very quick to anger. Waves of energy shimmered in the air near the outer area of the rocks, one of them had arrived.

Pieronas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human emotion a plague upon her being. Pieronas was more than human, she was a living breathing magical stone. A philosopher's stone forged from so many innocent souls sacrificed unwillingly. Their rage became hers until she took command of her own fate. The world inside was silent. Rage had subsided to clarity. The one known as Darkchild did indeed follow his claims to help find solutions to the madness inside. She was smart to leave when she did. The comforts of the realm were causing her to become softened. She almost forgot herself and what she was.

Human emotion a plague upon her being. Pieronas was more than human, she was a living breathing magical stone. A philosopher's stone forged from so many innocent souls sacrificed unwillingly. Their rage became hers until she took command of her own fate.

Pieronas found herself wondering and learning new skills. Finding ancient relics and absorbing their knowledge and power for her own.

The Amazon was such a wealth of relics and ruins. The paintings were magnificent and untouched by man. Each path masterfully decorated with a story long played out hundreds of years ago. Recorded on the walls for future knowledge. Pieronas had no idea what any of the hyroglyphs around the paintings said, but the artwork was a marvel.

All was quiet, but unfortunately the quiet was ruptured by an unknown source. It seered pain and agony through her flesh. It felt like the souls that made her were in terror of something. Screaming and crying out. Pieronas took a deep breath and summoned her own strength to shut them down quickly.

"Ancient baboons.... Stop being a nuisance." She snarled. "First you cause me headache and now you cry out. Stupid fools. Wasn't my fault you followed those mages so long ago to your final death!"

Her displeasure in humans still remained. Sighing heavily as she felt this need to go somewhere far North. She closed her eyes and opened to see her teleportation took her as close to her destination as she could go.

Stonehenge, unfortunately she couldn't get much closer the holy ground prevented her. The trees nearby provided some cover as she glanced over the terrain. She noticed movement but couldn't make out who or what it was. Covertly she moved around to view things better.

Caution was something she acquired after being imprisoned for so long in reliquary so long ago. It was not a fate she would revisit so unwillingly. Voices danced on the winds, but she was too far away to truly tell what was being said. Her ears twitched as her eyes drew focus.

Unfamiliar figures with the smell of death and blood reeked from their being. A pleasant smell, but not worth doing anything stupid for. Pieronas' body quivered in excitement for no apparent reason that she could pinpoint. The smell of death and blood or the urge to be here in moment. It definitely wasn't the place. Pieronas had been here before. It caused some discomfort, but not this much excitement.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Sarah opened her eyes and stretched out her hand, reaching for her husband’s side of their large bed, she felt nothing. Rolling over she grabbed his pillow and inhaled the residual scent of their love making from the night before. He had left well before the sun was even thinking of rising, off on another mission for the Legion, bringing in the big bads that threatened the universe. Rubbing a hand over her bare stomach she fingered the wound from the immortal weapon that had crippled her all those years ago, putting her in a wheelchair for several years. Only her own strength, the support of her family and friends and her amazing tech had she been able to walk again. Memories of her time on earth flooded through her mind, it seemed like so long ago. A simpler time compared to what they dealt with now on the giant ship she commanded. She called it a ship, but, it was the largest manned space station in the galaxy, she commanded it with a tight fist and a strong heart. Her children, Chevie and Hudson had long ago left the nest to follow their own paths. Chevie was a member of a secret organisation who protected earth and Hudson was an engineer on one of the planets amongst the multiple dimensions in the galaxy that were trying to rehome people who had been rescued from destroyed planets. The Galactic War was still raging across dimensions, creatures and Gods fought for control over worlds and it was the responsibility of Sarah and her team aboard the Space Station to help rehome those rescued from destroyed planets. They protected and rehabilitated people, while also working on tech to help in the War. She thought back again to her time working with some of the greatest heroes on earth, Kurrent, Nighthunter, Eclipse, Andferne, Hawk, Kiara Sullivan, Sovereign Son, Feral Nova, Sha and so many more, she missed them all so much, and thought of them often. Connecting with a few now and then to hear where they were at, while others she mourned, their deaths hitting her hard even now.

“Commander” her comm flashed beside her bed, picking it up she waved across the screen and looked at her second in charge

“What is it Sasha? You know I am off duty for a few more hours” Sarah half-heartedly raised an irritated eyebrow at her stern lieutenant.

“Of course, but you said to disturb you if there was an issue” Sarah sighed, her trip down memory lane forgotten as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stretched

“I’ll be on deck in 10” she signed off before her second could respond. She needed a moment to clear her head before hearing what drama the latest set of refugees were screeching about. A belligerent and egotistical group from one of the golden sectors. No clue that they had been rescued from certain destruction, only irritation that they were stuck on a space ship that had amenities slightly less up to their standards. Ever since rescuing them she had been receiving constant requests for meetings about their food, clothing, rations, and bed situations, utterly ridiculous and she refused to deal with them. Leaving them with her dear friend and protegee Nicole the hero Honor Girl. Nicole had recently come to MR for extra training in diplomacy. She needed to learn how to deal with people better and this was the perfect place. Though Sarah felt momentarily guilty for putting the poor lovely girl in charge of “Refugee affairs” she knew it was excellent training before Nicole could move up in the Legion.

Slipping into her blue leather uniform she looked in the mirror, tired eyes looked back. Though her body felt wonderful from her husbands skilled hands the night before, she was still exhausted and burnt out. She longed for her old workshop beneath the Vine Prodigies, longed to get her hands dirty crafting magnificent tech that helped others. These days she felt like nothing more than a politician and it was driving her nuts. Mike would often try to tell her to leave it behind and go with him chasing the bad guys, but she knew that no one else was ready to step up to her role and she couldn’t abandon the ship just yet.

Sliding on her boots, she waved a hand over the zip, her wave sparking the tech in her boot squeezed tight around her calf and heel sealing the boot perfectly. It was one of the standard techs she had created for the Galactic Army. Slipping on her gadget belt she pulled her hair into a loose knot on her head and turned to face the day. As her arms reached for the door handle a blue streak swept across her eyes, frowning she reached up to her hair line at the base, pushing back the hair pressing the button built into the side of her head. A device she had not had to use in many years, one she had fitted to stay connected to the master tech she had created along with Nighthunter to protect their friends, it was a simple function, but allowed them flashes of extreme emotion that could indicate an issue. Kurrents image flashed through her brain, his helmet had been activated and something was very wrong. Pressing the button again, she pulled her hair back down to cover up the button. Her frown deepened as she picked up her comm, Sasha was not going to like this.

“Sasha” she spoke into her com device “Yes commander?” Sashas strained voice came through, Sarah could hear the voices of refugees complaining in the background. Sarah felt a moment of guilt for what she was about to do “Sasha, you’re in charge, I have to go back to Earth for a while, you can handle this. I know you can, ask Nicole for help with the difficult refugees and she will back you up. I’m sorry Sash, I have to help my friends” Sarah cut the comm before her spluttering second in command could ask any more questions. Ripping off her uniform she dug in the massive wardrobe her and Sov shared, shoving aside multiple gadgets, shoes, old toys, and clothes she pulled out a large container holding her old gear. Slipping into her old Section Eight suit she smiled as she pulled up the zip, it felt like old times, though she may be a little older, she still had this. Her gadget belt was next, followed by multiple weapons that fit inside her specially designed bag that held multiple sized items without the size of the bag changing. Geared up she made her way to the back of their room, a hidden door led down to her lab deep in the bowels of the ship, away from prying eyes. The well-lit hallway sloped down, though she barely looked where she was going her feet knew the way, sending out a message they had not used in years to her old team mate Crazy Eights “GET THE WHORE” a code word created for SOS situations, he would know what it meant. Her second message went to Honor Girl, another code, this one to let her old friend and protegee know that she was leaving, but also switching on her tracker. She knew Nicole well enough to know that she would want to help if she could, but Sarah would never ask. Last, she called Mike, her husband, Sovereign Son should be available for a few more moments before he went black and couldn’t be contacted for days. His face appeared in front of her “Wats up babe?” he looked strained, she could see behind him that several troops were sitting on the edge of a large wall, they were heading into the Black Lands, a dwelling that was too barren for humans and covered in mutated monsters after the great bomb. “Hon, were needed” her stern face directed more information than anything she could say. He nodded “I’ll be there as soon as I can, location?” she raised a finger for a moment asking him to wait as she closed her eyes and pushed the button again, Kurrents connection was weaker but she got a strong image of an ancient place on earth “Stonehenge” she opened her eyes and he nodded, switching off the comm. She knew it would take him time, but he would follow as soon as he could. Stepping into her lab she locked the door behind her and stepped onto the disc on the floor, the light flashed around her as metal rose and began attaching itself to her, one by one her power suit attached itself to her. The gold and orange suit had been created so many years ago, but it was the years of tinkering and development that had perfected it, the helmet slid down and she smiled. "HAL, online" the screen over her helmet lit up with the maps of the ship, her life signs and communication pads "Goodmorning Mistress, I have collaborated the navigation system and assessed the weather, you are clear to leave. It should only take you a few hours to arrive on Earth. Safe travels as always" the roof of the lab opened a long tube opened above her, firing up her systems she pushed her hands down and shot up through the tunnel and out of the ship.

No Caption Provided

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward ran through the streets dipping through the traffic. Rotating his hips to sway around a kings-cross bound night bus, bursting past an apparently never ending stream of black taxis. Focussing not only his body on its rapid redirection but his mind also channeling the shockwave his speed generated skywards. His sonic boom bouncing skywards and crackling like thunder across the open sky. Tactical telekinetic windbreakers shielding his every move across the surface till the bustle of city streets broke into windy country roads. Mere seconds were taken to clear the modern metropolis before reaching the ancient monument of circled stone. A location he knew well due to its links with the myths of Avalon and the origins of his famous and now lost blade the blue flame. A brief reflection of the good old days shifted across his mind before the name and the events re-gifted to him took hold.

"Quietus"

Looking down at his hands he could feel the blood once more. The grass and stone sliding away to a sea of shattered glass and broken metal. Littered with the bodies of the innocent. Their killer reflected in the remnants of a broken down bus top. Himself.

"Never again"

Telepathic pulses notified him of others near their minds not entirely open to him but close enough to feel without mental aggression and invasiveness.

Faces he knew faces he didn't encircled by the ancient stone. Nodding to those he recognized letting out a smile as he spotted what looked to be Lockheart tech. Inquisitively asking which of the iconic family of champions stood alongside him once again.

"Sarah, Chevie ? its Edward. It's good to see you"

His mind pulsing as he sensed great evil among them.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appearing out of his portal he could feel the consecrated earth beneath his feet, the demonic and holy place made his insides do flips. Being human in genetics made it possible to stand simply standing near let alone inside the circle of Stonehenge, moving through the darkness only light coming from the moon, he felt something coming an instinct it would seem. He leaped up atop one of the stone pillars, duping himself four times each sitting atop a single pillar and looking down. Soon he was no longer alone, faces he hadnt even thought of in years were beginning to show up, faces that made him salivate. Blood both boiled and eased at the sight of a few of them, one in particular he couldnt help himself.

Leaping down he spoke loud hoping to startle all if not a few "Lookie here, we got Patricide(Kurrent), my old flame (Pieronas) and..." before he could continue with his mocking he felt the arrival of the worlds biggest thorn in his side, the offspring of his greatest enemy, he called her name growling "Rina..." her arrival meant that HE was soon to arrive. Gen snapped his fingers calling in his dupes and they siphoned into his body like a black hole sucking in all in its path, merging back into a singular Gen. Visibly irrtated by the sight of Rina he continued "Think our friendly family killer made quite the point....Rina what has your lovely father done? Why did I get a mind (bleep) from a memory I have no recollection of ever being a part of....what made your father so afraid that he would remove such a thing?" grinning wide knowing that Arrow would be here or already was in the shadows listening "What has the power to turn such a creature into...a coward." he braced himself for a retaliation, knowing the doting daughter would react to his accusation.

Cassidy_Rourke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One emergency landing, a boatride, and a stealthy retreat later . . .

Logically, Rourke knew he should worry about being late. Not that anything from the last six hours was remotely logical. The plane had gone down close enough to Plymouth that the coast guard picked everyone up in short order. The delays were nowhere near as bad as they could have been (and neither was the casualty-free landing), and with so many people to tend to it wasn’t hard for Rourke to slip away once they reached shore. Of course, the fact that he was the only one not present from the flight records could come back to bite him later, but that required there to be a “later” at all. One problem at a time.

His most imminent problem was the lack of back support in the driver’s seat of his jeep. It was a bit of a junker, and it had cost him all the cash he had left on him, and the exchange rate meant that he almost definitely over-paid for it. But it didn’t matter. Bump and groan. Maybe Arrow could refer him to a good chiropractor. Bump and groan. Rourke wasn’t sure who had built Stonehenge, but if it was the same people who maintained the roads then it was a marvel they were still standing. He was curious to see them, though. Stonehenge had only ever been a story to him, like most of Earth’s ancient monuments. In his time they were all long-gone. Maybe that was why he had never met any spellcasters until Arrow and them appeared. Maybe magic went extinct one day.

The road wove up a rolling set of hills and gave way to the monument. Even from here Rourke could make out the shadowed forms of people gathered. He took a moment to stretch out his sore muscles, then marched to the hill’s crest to join them.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Sojourn_

I guess under these circumstances, it's good having an all powerful celestial being on your side...well on my side...on my inside..s. After all these years the inner dialog he kept with himself was still enough to satiate his need for interaction with other living creatures. Some may call it vain...Sojourn would also call it vain. Call a thing a thing and move on with it all. Anyway, with the power of the Oracle Force, Sojourn was able to teleport directly Stonehenge. About a mile out, his physical essence stopped abruptly. He could feel that others had already arrive, and they were of negative spirit. Taking only a moment to allow his physical form to override the brilliant light and energy that enveloped his body in cocoon fashion, he settled to the earth below and touched foot to ground for the first time in years. Admittedly it felt good.

There was a definite stench in the air. One that one can only grow to notice with years of experiencing it's fowl odor. One that didn't exactly smell like one particular thing, but was rather the remnants of what happens to a soul when it is turned towards evil. He could see their bodies, almost see the harmful energy they effortlessly carried, jutting out, piercing the air like javelins complete with ornamental bloodied heads.

It was a feeling he'd sadly gotten used to expecting from more and more people as time went on, and people revealed the true nature of mankind. That was, that humanity is inherently evil. Sojourn didn't used to believe that.

Still, with every step closer, the energy felt less hostile than he remembered. A cease fire had apparently been called for this gathering. Closer, he recognized many of the faces. Most of which he hated to see. Hearing them speak, there was an obvious topic of discussion, the thing we'd all felt coming. You don't spend a lifetime fighting the good fight without developing a fine tuned meter for chaos. Arrow, Darkchild...to name a few...was almost enough to make a feeling of nostalgia worth coming here.

Sojourn stood off from them, until he saw a familiar face that didn't make his stomach turn. Kurrent...oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...Its actually him. Be cool. You're an adult now...Get a grip. Take a deep breath and call the f down. Just go stand like, beside him..behind him...no no no...Beside him. You got called here just like he did....

His face, contorted for a moment, shocked and appalled at his momentary freak out, over a human, one of the things he'd given up on. But still, seeing a hero, one of his own personal heroes, brought out some sort of emotion...He thought it excitement. Addressing Kurrent directly, @kurrent"It's good to see you, even under the circumstances."

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solace City

L.O.V.E is done
L.O.V.E is done

"We've run operations for too long, I think most people are aware Maya is gone. Ziccarra's gone too" She never wore her emotions on her sleeve, but the hardened Director of L.O.V.E. had to face the truth. Maya was no longer on Earth. She didn't too much care for Ziccarra, though there was a time when the Ninjan was good; she causes too much trouble on Earth.

"You've been searching for them for nearly 10 years, we can't afford to keep throwing money at this little escapade." The intern was right, L.O.V.E was reeling in financial ruin, they'd focused too many of their resources on locating Maya...too much to run operations.

"L.O.V.E. is done. As of today. It's done. Resolve all our assets, disseminate the remaining funds into our employee's accounts. I need to be alone...

Alone

Alone.

Alone.

"Moooom! wake up!" Gwen was pulled from the reoccurring dream by the shrieking sound of her daughter's voice. Pulling the comforter aside sluggish and groggy the former Director of LOVE slid into her sliders before placing her dark brown eyes on the hazel eyes of her daughter.

"Carmen, there has to be a less irritating way to pull me from the bed." She hisses trying to acclimate herself to the blinding sun splitting the Vancian blinds.

"You were dreaming of her again." She said sitting on the edge of the bed. "Dreaming of who?"

"I don't know, but I've stirred you from sleep four times now. You've spoken about the same girl." There was a strict look of confusion mounting on the face of the former L.O.V.E. director.

I'm going to go get you some water
I'm going to go get you some water

"Look. Are you taking your meds?" She didn't want to play into the doctor's claims that Gwen was developing symptoms of dementia, but with these string of fits happening more frequently; she had to face the music.

"Mom, do you remember how I came here?" Carmen asked taking the woman's hands into her own.

"Yes, I do. I brought you home from Solace City Medical. You were so beautiful" Gwen started; her fabricated story nearly forge tears in the ducts of Carmen.

"Mom...you adopted me. I was 12 years old, My Dad murdered my Mom; and I killed him. You came in and adopted me. Do you remember that?"

"Oh that's such a horrid tale."

"I'm going to go get you some water." She said rising from the bed visibly hurt. Pouring the water into the glass Carmen's head begin to ring, soon her face morphed red before seeing some sort of painful light.

"Stonehenge..." She whispered, before hearing her mother's shriek from the adjacent room. "MAYA!!!!"

That's right. Maya, Carmen's younger sister. That was her name. She was missing. Her and Sha.

Gwen moved toward Carmen, suddenly the tough visage she'd lost over the years had returned. "Stonehenge"

Carmen's eyes locked with her mother. "You heard it too?" The LOVE director simply gave a subtle nod before moving towards a container on the far side of the room. "How is it possible that we all lost our memories at the same time..."

"I can't call it, but I do know the answers are waiting for you at Stonehenge." Gwen said handing Carmen, Maya's defunct Ecosphere.

"Me?" She asked taking the dusty device in hand.

"I'm too old. You're the only one left."

No Caption Provided

Activating the small device, Carmen's frame transform into a lost variant of Maya's "Solace Uniform"

"I've given you jet authorization, it'll ensure you get there. Carmen. Be safe."

"I know Mom, I'm the only one left"

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ChrisAngel

'The leaves are falling all around, time I was on my way,

thanks to you I'm much obliged, for such a pleasant stay..

But now it's time for me to go, but autumn moon lights my way,

For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headin my way..."

God bless Robert Plant, y'know? Cause there something about a good Led Zeppelin tune that seems almost prophetic, Chris thought to himself. The trip had taken him a bit longer than he had expected it too. Mainly because he's discovered over the last ten years or so airspaces got a bit more conveniently tight. That's what I get for cutting across Russia. Should have just flown across the States, and taken the Atlantic route but nooo, you just had to avoid the Big Apple, didn't ya?

"No use in crying about it now..." -That's what YOU say bunkie, but you're the one had to sit and regen... dig a bullet or two - literally - out of your ass. Newsflash: rounds fired from a MiG HURT BAD.- He literally had to laugh at that. Sometimes he missed these conversations with his more internal self. Sometimes the kept him honest, or on the worst side of plotting someone's impending death. Either way, it was always there with him. -You -bleep with me, you stuck with me, I ain't leavin you for shite, pally.- There's something to be said for loyalty.

But there it was at last, just ahead. Stonehenge. Legend always had it it was a magical place... probably even more magical than Tahiti. And Tahiti was indeed a magical place. Thank you for that lovely bit of wisdom, Agent Coulson. And by the looks of things there was quite a gathering going on. Looks like he wasn't the only one who'd gotten they mystery summons. He'd elected not to the traditional hero landing, you know, slam to the ground, excessive display of power. Nope, he'd actually put down 300 feet out and hump it the rest of the way in. You know... play it cool, like he's out walking amongst the daisies, even though he's expecting a minefield. Taking a moment to fish inside the - admittedly holed - leather jacket. Please tell me my sokes are still there......jackpot!

Taking that's second to light up the square, take a - one would say unhealthy - drag, while leaning against one of the stones. It's probably disrespectful. More disrespectful is likely the point when he'll finally stub out the butt against the same stone. There were faces here he remembered for sure. The most prominent of them Darkchild. Just can't keep a bad guy down, no matter how hard you tried. Some things never changed. Kurrent...... There's that uneasy feeling still at the back of head... something that's gnawing there, but isn't fully out of the backbrain. Something he should know but doesn't remember.

"Alright, the dog and pony show's rolled into town. The thing I'd like to know is why."

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mistress_redhead_: @edwardwindsor:

No Caption Provided

He had heard the ringtone going off as bullets and all forms of projectiles whizzed by and through him, splat sounds of bullets hitting skin never even registered as he pulled the phone from his pocket. Read "Sugar Tits" as the ringtone sounded over and over again, growing irritated he answered it putting it up to where his ear SHOULD be he couldn't hear a damn thing as his ear slowly regrew. Groaning loudly he looked up over his cover and hollered "Do you farking mind!!! I'm on the phone!" firing twice two bodies hit the ground and the gunfire stopped momentarily "Thank you!" BANG! sounded as he dropped back down now missing a good chunk of the left side of his head, this time the ear was completely gone. Groaning loud "COME ON!" he barked before lobbing a grenade behind him, shortly after a large explosion echoed through the abandoned building shaking it hard. Dirt fell from the rafters onto Crazy as he put the phone to the good ear "What?!.....you are not Sugar Tits....well honestly that last shot took some brain....so you could be......what...oh....well Daisy is fine why do you ask?....ooooh THAT WHORE....oh ok.....roger that Sugar Tits junior....you sound sexy....hello???.......rude.." Dropping his large rifle from his shoulder he looked it over and cocked it before flipping over the cover.

Butt to his shoulder he pulled the trigger never thinking about it, acting purely on instinct as he let loose hell upon the targets lackeys he had been pinned down by. Talking with the others inside his head "Okay guys....Red finally called....after years of piddly jobs we finally got a good one..." a dark sinister voice sounded "We don't need Red she's a cu...." "Don't call her that you ungrateful twat" "Well she kind of is....but...she did leave us for four years he's got a point""She didn't leave us we left, to fix this morons brain. Let it heal at least, regrown limbs is traumatizing to snowflakes like him...least we got rid of most of the irritating ones in here...""Nope we're still here." (referring to Zeke and Jack)The voices went silent for a brief moment as Crazy finished the last of the goons as well as the target. Opening their phone and finding the money had gone through they all yelled in unison "FOOD!!"

Hours Later Stonehenge

Appearing in a cloud of smoke above the gathering Crazy lands with the grace of a dead dog, with a loud thud. Standing up quickly he smiles through his mask as Red and Edward had arrived. Waving like a lunatic and screaming at the top of his lungs "Sugar TITSS!!!! Where's the twat?" referring to Mike, then looking to Edward he looks him up and down "How aren't you dead?"

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Final Arrow

Coruscating lighting filled the night sky above the mysterious circle of upright stones of the 5,000-year-old monument of Stonehenge. It's true purpose lost for years, the rain poured down from unforgiving clouds as the house of arrow creaked into existence between the rocks, the lighting sparked furiously as the ancient dark lord began to walk out the front doors, a quick glance up at the sky ‘Enough of that’ and as if the atmosphere had heard him it began to shimmer down, the lighting cracked only within their own clouds, light danced between the darkness of the weather, causing a radiant display of illumination.

His white skin gleamed in the display and he could not help but smile at the story being told, the never-ending battle between light and dark, a battle he now himself fighting from inside. He had to put that aside, for now, he stood in front of all who had answered the call, some he knew, some he did not care for and others were new. Had Quietus grasp of fear grown so much already that it spanned time! Arrow looked between them all, had Quietus already taken control of some of them here, he found himself questioning all reason, this was not him, he always knew what he had to do, something was wrong. Arrow span around just in time to see the magical being of the house appear before him, his eyes widened as her hand entered his chest.

The pain was agonizing, but her smile grew and grew, her head tilting to the side taking him in for a moment and then façade dripped from her, “Oh Mr Lockhart, how weak you have become’, with her hand still in his chest she lifted him and threw him aside like he was nothing to her, the sound his body made as he hit one of the pillars of Stonehenge, radiated through the darkness, her eyes remained on those gathered before her, the plan slowly sinking in, for years she had twisted her way into him, chipped at his mind, building to this moment, built up a house of lies, invaded dreams and whispered in his ear for this moment. To not only be free but to stand in front of those who punished her for being nothing more than what she was born to be, a god, their god.

No Caption Provided

She hid as his house, feeding him with piece of information as her power grew, never saying her real name until he said it himself, that lustful power entering her body, letting her become whole again, there was no need to let his magic keep her alive anymore, she had her own again, their thoughts giving her strength, just thinking about her gave her power and the more powerful the individual that thought of her the more powerful she became. Once she had entered their minds full, she could control them, take them and make them her disciples, they were all made to be ruled.

Her form finally completed, her raven black hair matched the sky above them, white skin as soft as the first fall of snow and a beauty that was unmatched, house so much power. She looked up before turning to the house that once imprisoned her and with one finger made it vanish from existence as if it had never been there. Arrow began to stand, lifting one hand he opened a portal at the edge of the ring of stones, black blood poured from his mouth as he coughed ‘Run you fools,’. Arrow glanced at DarkChild ‘Get Rina’ he mouthed before flying toward Quietus,

Shadows whipped around him, covering peoples escape, as he reached out for the god, he felt her hand on the side of his face, forcing him to the ground. The impact caused a creator to appear, his eyes became fuzzy. But she looked past him as if he was nothing looking at those already making their escape. ‘Who shall I make you kill first I wonder.’ She began to kneel down in front of him, still not making eye contact ‘You were always a good puppy,’ Arrow smiled at her, “woof’ the ground below her erupted as the children of Arrow exploded forth two dark balls of plasma hit her in the chest, blowing away part of her body. “That hurt’ she said with gritted teeth, the children ran towards her, slipping between each other, ready to fire again. As they went to strike, both of their bodies fell to the ground, their power flying back into Arrow, as he kneeled before her, she had him.

‘Who shall I kill first’, Quietus had returned and her army was already growing, her body already repaired, ‘Friends, all your friends my dear'. He turned on those who were still escaping, the shadows on the ground slowly began to take shape, dog like creatures began to pull their bodies from the ground like animals caught in tar, their teeth snarled to life as they charged forward, hunting their prey.

No Caption Provided

Maya_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The World Still Needs Heroes
The World Still Needs Heroes

Long ago before their world went to sh!t, Carmen was in charge of an organization called the Vine Titans West. On the team's first mission the unproven leader was tasked with taking down the sinister Final Arrow.

In a dicey move to save her team, Carmen offered her soul to Final Arrow. She never recovered from that gambit, she was never the same person. In fact, no one knew what happened to Carmen after that fateful day. It was all an intricate lie. No sooner than the jet departed, the woman's facade fell to pieces revealing she was Maya all along. It was a skill most people forgot she had, the ability to duplicate herself. Maya could produce a vast amount of clones to act as their own sentient selves; even when the original disappeared for their world all together, the clones would continue to live and thrive without their link.

Carmen was gone, probably rotting miserably within her own mind. Ziccarra was gone; vanished like smoke fading into the air. The original Maya was gone probably off chasing Ziccarra, but the truest nature of "Solace" lived within this lone clone, and it was her duty to make a stand. "The World Still Needs Heroes" She spat to herself trying to will herself into the mindset of the original.

After being created this Maya was nothing special. She worked as a lawyer's assistant for a few years living in a studio apartment; she then moved back to Solace City upon learning of Gwen's 'condition'. She'd been moonlighting as Carmen for some odd years, but today SHE got the call. It was time to be Solace.

No Caption Provided

Switching costumes to Maya's "Sha" uniform, the Cloned Hero was alerted by the plane to a massive energy spike at their destination.

"I haven't even landed and someone already started the fireworks" she joked watching as lightning illuminate the dark abyss revealing the pounding drops of rain cascading off her jet.

"Auto-Pilot on. I can approach from here" She commanded. Being forcefully ejected from the jet, Maya took command of her own descent via her ability to fly.

"I guess I was too late for the introductions," She thought as she landed into the mess ensuing around the ancient site. Her eyes fix on a singular woman, she was really hard NOT to notice; endless raven tassels, power arcing from her fit frame. All the signs of a really bad situation--Maya could only thank god that this woman wasn't blonde. She hates blondes.

"Was...she the one?" She grunted, protecting herself from the woman's powerful energy arcs. With a quick glance, she was able to make out a few people. None she'd ever met personally, but names she knew the original tangled with. Rina, Her long time arch nemesis Darkchild, Sojourn, Kurrent, Edward, and a couple of other's she didn't know.

"I...have...half...a...mind...to...leave...all...of...you..." She joked, straining to maintain her footing in the midst of Quietus energy. Maya didn't have the best memories with...well...any of them--save for maybe Edward and Sojourn.

The final straw was Final Arrow, he had her sisters soul. She wanted it. Attacking him was something she could've capitalized on, but....it probably wouldn't have meant anything if this...goddess killed them in the end.

People begin to run, good in theory. Futile in execution. This Goddess commanded the shadows and with them halted all escape efforts.

"What the...fu...." Before she could comprehend what this woman was doing to Arrow; beast rose from the farthest reaches of darkness and pounce upon them. "Oh...we don't miss...this sh!t" Maya lamented.

Dropping back with her photon energy screaming in the palms of her hands, thrusting forward she pushed the light energy at the beast hoping to negate the effects of darkness. "Plans. Plans would be good" Though she was in fact a clone of the Former Trinity Foundation president, she lacked the experience to forumulate any type of strategy herself.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EdwardWindsor

A crackling sky erupted and torched the ground between the ancient stones. Fork Lightning radiated out over head branching off and illuminating the sky. Quietus was here. Edward instinct taking over his left hand raised to his temple and as the reaches of his mind began to spread. His own telepathic defenses slipping over his would be allies like an ethereal blanket. His mission simple he would have to hold Quietus at bay for as long as he could muster. A stoic sentinel defending his allies for as long as he could hold this titanic force of chaos back. Like trying to hold back the tide but even a few seconds could be enough, it had to be enough. He had to try.

His mouth remained motionless as his focus remained inwards. His thoughts only on protection only giving him the smallest amount of concentration left to utter one mentally projected sentence.

"Attack now"

A burst of energy rippled through his body as the lightning struck him in the chest. His pain echoing through his mental protection projecting a wordless grunt to the mind of all his would be allies. His jaw clenched to the point of his teeth near shattering, his skin burning and his armor humming as the metal arced the sparking electrical current around his torso. Falling to one knee as his body fought to repair itself his mind near breaking point under the stress of the task and the overwhelming pain receptor response. His protection holding but for how long.

Somewhere beyond his thoughts, he could hear her like a whisper in the fog.

"We have done this before Edward. And it didn't work last time. Join me and I may let some of your friends live. Or at least not make you kill them. Remember Kid Devil?, Richter and Scion of Light."

Stoking the fires of Edwards anger, "use it" he told himself as he redoubled his focus. Hoping the others could do something to draw her focus even for a second to ease the mounting pressure on him. His body all ready starting to show signs of the mental strain.

Shadows howled and bared their teeth as they approached the helpless hero.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Darkchild
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

IT had happened as if it was all choreographed. SHE returned from her exile as if she had been voluntarily been kept within the veil that Arrow had created. Gen watched as she so effortlessly negated and took anything that Arrow had sent her way. A smile crept up to his face as he watched it all unfold, he trembled every muscle moved and almost echoed as his bones rattled inside his body. She was something more, something he had never even felt let alone gone up against. As she effortlessly took over the situation he saw Arrow mouth taking care of Rina, something that Gen briefly saw but his focus was nearly all on Quietus. Before Gen could marvel at the events that had begun to unfold Arrow transformed, his children swatted like flies away. In that moment Gen took action, he knew it was now or never to move without something impeding his movement.

"Move.." he wasn't talking with anyone around him as enough of them had enough common sense to get out of the way, he was more giving the order to what came next. As he side stepped he duplicated himself instantly, in the blink of an eye nearly 1000 duplicates of himself surrounded Quietus and Arrow. A group of these groups surrounded Rina, he knew she would try and save her father from his control. Turning to Rina in unison the dupes spoke "Don't...get her out of her head...find the Redhead and get into his head from afar...only hope of keeping him on our side is you....don't die brat.." the group stayed encircled around Rina as the rest moved quickly side stepping and swooping in fast.

HER voice itched at the back of his mind, he knew he had to get her focus if Rina and anyone else was able to get through to Arrow and also manage to fight with Quietus. As he moved in all the dupes mirrored his movements at first, unleashing a slapping a massive tidal wave of darkness tentacles that shot forth and slashed at Arrow and Quietus. As the tentacles swung in unison almost blotting out the moonlight another mass of dupes swooped behind Quietus unleashing a burst of energy from their mouths, while another came from the front creating a mass of weapons from within their bodies. A massive wall of weapons attack in unison, all the dupes attacking at once a army in the thousand hitting both Quietus and Arrow.

As the dupes worked the original slid in front of Maya with Kurrent standing beside them. Gen looked to Kurrent "Lightbulb...once she focuses that thunderstorms going to be trouble, we need no distractions. Please handle that.." looking to Maya and Sha he smiled "Dark skin follow my lead." with that Gen moved fast moving in directly to Arrow, his palms out to his side. As they hung out to his side energy collected in his palms, an orb of energy formed in each palm large enough to blot out a buildings view, closing in on Arrow he thrust his arms forward hoping to damage and give enough time to distract arrow. After launching the orbs Gen leaped out of the way and over Arrow, hoping Maya would figure out that he gave her an opening to unleash hell and give Arrow the distraction they needed for Rina to find a way of getting into his head.

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pulling her close, he felt the tears roll from his face and onto her matted hair, he brushed away some of the dirt from her lifeless cheek and whispered ‘I am sorry’. He found his mind going back to his own two children at this age, the joy and innocence that surrounded them, the protection he swore to give them. Just as this child’s father had sworn to her, he imagined his eyes meeting hers at birth and the pride and utter awe she had placed in the man. The gun fire was coming closer to him, pulling himself from the mud and he moved towards the only other body nearby, he saw the drag marks in the dirt, he had tried with all his might to get to her, to her. He saw the dry tear marks and felt the dryness in his own throat as the father had tried to be there for her, for the father who had fought against everything to not let her die alone, to die without that embrace one last time.

Kneeling down he placed her into his arms, a good father, a strong father, who would have felt as if he had failed, “you did it’ he said to the dead man before touching her head ‘your dad has you now’. Slowly standing he felt it rising up within him, the pain turning to anger, he had seen so much war in his life, so much pain and struggle, he looked down at them one last time, ‘I am sorry, I should have stopped this, you were both so strong, so much love, I can see that you would have changed this world and shined so bright.’ Turning he began walking away from the burning village towards the sounds of battle.

No father should be made to watch their child die, made to fight to save her when he had no chance. Walking directly past all the troops under his command, they were silently waiting for their commands, but none were found, the rain and mud had pulled them down into the ground, tired and weak from the months of battle, they found themselves six miles from the command line, each push was pushed back, each attack was met with a fiercer attack, each move had resulted in the enemy targeting the local villagers and killing more innocence, this was their response, trying to break them up killing those that his meant were sworn to protect, he had watched them burn this world just to win.

Moving through the ranks till he was at the front, he continued to say nothing as he pulled himself onto the ladder and out of the trench, the men behind him began to scream, as bullets flew past him, slamming into the ground, but still he walked, tears dropping from his eyes, they watched in awe as he continued to move forward, the air of anger seemed to keep the bullets from making contact, he was closer now, much closer than they had ever been and that’s when it escaped his lips, the hollow scream of sadness, all the years of pain, death, and blood, pouring out covering the ground between him and them, the gun fire stopped, for a moment as he fell to his knees, the scream continuing as he looked up into the darkened sky, it mimicked what was inside now. His head snapped down, looking directly in front of him, where they all stood, his eyes darkened with tears ‘I will kill you all’ and in a blink, he vanished.

Before they knew what had happened he stood amongst them in their trench, his speed was only picked up by the sprays of blood that followed, the screams filled the gap between the lines, for three hours he killed them, his speed tearing at his own existence, he spared none of them, the trench was now just a mix of blood and fear, he moved forward towards the command center, they would all die, they would all know the pain that father felt when he reached for her, when his fingers were not long enough, when he was not strong enough, but he fought, he tried, he screamed, he begged them and they did nothing, they let her die in front of him. They would know what it would feel like to be so powerless, to face death in the face and not know what to do and they did, he tore into the room, blackness entered his mind, he did not want to be clinical, he did not want to have an exit he did not want to plan, he wanted to kill them and kill them he did, there was no description for what Sovereign Son had done, even heroes can break and he was no hero. Walking out he found a wall to sit next to, just to sit and not think, to sit and…..a ring brought his mind back into the world. Looking at the holo display it showed her name, he needed to be with her and the kids, to hold them, to just get away from this endless war he always found himself in.

Fighting back the tears and pain he answered ‘“Wats up babe?” several of his own men had moved behind him, they looked at him with shock in their eyes, “Hon, were needed”. Her face said it all and he knew in that moment that he would have to keep fighting, to never lay down his weapons, for they would always be needed, for something, he had to be strong, he had to try, to fight when he could not, he had to be like the father or what else was he “I’ll be there as soon as I can, location?” waiting for a reply ‘Stonehenge’.

Rina_RedArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Ohhhhh girls, they wanna have fuuuunnnn, wooahhh girlllsss” Rina’s headphones blasted out 80s girly rock, her favourite as she watched all the heroes, villians and those who can’t decide WHAT they wanna be arrive. Her dad paced in the centre of the henge, he looked agitated, muttering to himself and flicking his long blonde hair over his shoulder. She always wanted to chop that hair off, he looked so lame with long hair, like welcome to the noughties dad, who you trying to look like? That freaking Malfoy dad?? Though she did think for a minute how hot that dad was, what was his name? caught up in her own head Rina missed it as the house Arrow had summoned to bring his family to the famous landmark began to shift and swirl, a woman appearing in the place of the house, glowing, and looking all Godlike and shizzle. Whipping off her headphones she jumped down off the henge, pushing aside Darkchild as she walked towards the woman “DAMN daddyo, how’d you pull this trick off?” the moment those words were out of her mouth the giant beast that looked like something out of a freaking ass 80s kids horror movies slammed into her side barrelling out of the way of the photon blasts from Maya. “Oh shoooooooooooooootttttttttttttt” she screeched as her body flew, blasting off the ground at the force of the demon beast.

The beast leapt past her and raced for the others standing around the henge, it’s goal clear, to distract all the members from getting at the house.

“Ahhhh hell no” Rina shouted as she stood up, looking down she gasped “WHY CAN I SEE MY ASS????” reaching her hands around she grabbed her head and snapped it back around the front. “That’s better” her eyes glowed red and black each as she whipped a hand around to send a beam of black energy at the beast. Before she could get out a whip of magic Darkchild’s voice boom as his Dupes surrounded her screaming in unison "Don't...get her out of her head...find the Redhead and get into his head from afar...only hope of keeping him on our side is you....don't die brat..’ Half-heartedly pushing against the creepy ass dupes Rina sighed and sat down “I really freaking hate it when you do that Uncle” cursing his name repeatedly and promising many and varied ways to punish him for this she crossed her legs and began to hover off the ground. Chanting quietly to herself she began to try to reach her father, to speak into his mind and hope to bring him back from the edge of whatever this hell was. A large red dot appeared on her forehead as she continued to chant, delving deep into the dark side of magic she reached out to her father "Yo, dad, what the hell?? this chick is trying to kill us!!!! get yo' ass out of there and show her who's boss"

No Caption Provided

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Finally, he was close enough to earth for the teleporters to send him to Stonehenge, the room hummed as he left behind the war he had help finish, he appeared in the middle of a new war zone, shadows weaving, people screaming, the sound of pain and fear around him, his suit was already giving him information. Mike had worn this suit when he had been a member of the Shadow Squad, a crimson helmet, with two antenna ears, light weight black armor covered his body, preventing damage. Mr had placed some other surprises in there, but he had his two trusted guns.

Teeth growled towards his former, the guns were firing slamming into the side of the beast that had Arthur in its sights, Mike Lockhart was gone, replaced by the mask, Sovereign Son was on the battle field, his mic sprung to life as he spoke into the secure channel, only five other people had access to the frequency, his wife, kids, Crazy 8 and his Mercy. ‘Sovereign is in the field’ is all he said, he knew his suit would be broadcasting his exact position to the team. The beast turned from Edward Windsor and began running towards him, it moved like a large cat stalking it’s prey and he used the knowledge, waiting for it to jump, he went low, sliding under it, at the same time he let the bullets do the speaking, several rounds slammed into the beast, but they just passed through. Instantly he got to his feet, placing himself between the beast and Windsor.

‘Get up’ he said without looking at the young hero, Edward had been trained by the best the United Kingdom had to offer, one of those people had been Mike, ‘Get up or I will shot you myself’ the beast roared forward, Mike screen flickered for a moment ‘Light Round selected’ a robotic voice said, his suit was wired to his mind, allowing him to make tactical discussions in an instant on the field, the guns replied and several rounds flashed out towards the beast, each one struck true and the beast moved back, baring it’s teeth. He did not give it ground and moved forward continuing to shoot, other shadows beast looked towards him, ‘EDWARD ARTHUR WINDSOR’ his voice was full of rage, ‘People are dying, we do not get the pleasure of being weak, we do not get the chance to be lay on the ground and hide in our own heads, take control of yourself and fight for those that cannot fight.

No Caption Provided

He turned and let the helmet show his face, ‘Get up and protect those who need to be protected or run away and hope I never find you.’ His eyes burning towards the British Hero, then the helmet closed and he was back in the fight. Speaking back into the secure channel ‘Crazy, I need my back watched, get your ass….’ Suddenly a black spike flew towards him and the line went dark, he was surrounded, he could never escape it, the death and killing and he began to wonder if death followed him or he went looking for it.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward heard his former mentor and team leader call to him. Somewhere distant beyond the fog of his mind. In that moment he realised she had already defeated him. His memories had lead to a response of fear he was on autopilot simply aiding but not fighting. He had to fight. Fight with every ounce of himself. Fight for the people he loved, fight for the teammates he had seen die at her hands, his own hands. The fog parting in his mind consumed by the fires of rage his mind all but shut off as he entered a state of ruthless aggression. His mental protection dropping leaving his teammates more open. But what he took away in defence he rapidly gifted back in his offence.

Nodding at Mike before shooting off to open ground looking to hit his top speed. Mere seconds later a bolt of red white and blue shot back towards his former mentor and team leader. Grabbing a colossal slab of ancient stone and lifting it overhead before slamming it into a swath of shadow creatures. Pancaking the poor creatures left in its wake. Swinging the colossal stone like a man possessed at everything that bared its teeth. A seemingly endless swarm, everyone he sent flying or crunched into the ground another advanced the shadows they spilt out from where limitless.

This was fruitless Quietus was the objective and this was a distraction. Mike could look after himself and with that, he advanced. Screaming as he approached his cannoned fist primmed to decapitate the foul woman. Nothing held back. His scream followed in the wake of his sonic boom.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wanted to be shocked at its pace. How quickly things had escalated, but he wasn't. A few moments of nostalgic excitement, and an instantaneous reversion to the introverted nihilist that he'd devolved into. Sojourn, had lost his touch. His mind dulled by apathy. It was in this space of emotion or lack there of, that the true dark thoughts come and sit with you, have tea and stay for a while. They create an inner dialogue that one's former self couldn't recognize, or fathom. "Let it be the end. Just let it all go"

But it wasn't until that voice had shifted. The calls to end it all were echoing louder, banging against his psyche. There was no soft command here, it was a deliberate order. And as the sky grew black with unnatural clouds, he watched as her body took form from the whispers of years. Truly, she was a sight to behold, beautiful and destruction incarnate.

Sojourn, was frozen, not by fear or any emotion really. Part of him, a large part of him wanted that creature to destroy it all, including him in the process. But as the saying goes, the faith of a mustard seed and all that...the small part of him that wanted to fight again, wanted to see the good in the world again lingered, and ultimately prevailed. He was older and wiser now though. This time around, there wasn't an ounce of fame he searched for, really, he figured that after this was done, it would all end the same, but fight on he would.

With the utmost haste, the fields had been overrun with denizens of shadowy hell. They take form of things we'd recognize and fear, a most useful talent in the way of concurring and dividing those who would topple your attempts at world domination or destruction. Surround him now, one in the form of a hellhound leaped forward, aiming to maul Sojourn's abdomen, intent on causing lasting pain and sorrow. Just barely escaping such an attack, he regretted the rust on his bones. But, the water was his ally, his salvation. Desiccating the surrounding grasses and small shrubbery, Sojourn used the water to form a defensive ring around himself, projecting a tendril out offensively, lashing at the creature. Like riding a bike, the mindset of a warrior took hold, and the world he used to love meant just a little bit more to him.