Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Adam_Grimm
No Caption Provided

SWORD military outpost:

Adam remained quiet, his face showing nothing but disinterest as he sat across from curious fellows. He was still mending from the crash, every bit of his body riving with pain. He could feel them look at him, their silence telling, their gaze locked on him as they were staring into his soul. For all that he had been through, the fact that they were not trying to inflict further pain was a good start.

There was one who sat directly across from him, his fingers interlocked upon the table which separated the room. The glare of the lights off his glasses masked his intentions, but the smirk upon his face showed his amusement.

Greetings he said with an underline tone of amusement as his stare silently dissected every part of him in his mind. I am Doctor Sebastian Carson. I am the head xenologist at this location. He would gesture to the guards equipped with blasters rather than the standard military issued assault rifle. The men behind me are highly trained operatives for the organization I also represent. It has a rather long name, but we go by S.W.O.R.D for short.

Adam would pick up his head at the Doctor, then extend his gaze past him toward the guards he had just introduced. Adam would nod politely, saluting the guards for their service. Am I under arrest?

We use the term observation around here the Doctor responded innocently. I am very fascinated how you are able to communicate in our language. How did you acquire the ability to do so since you register as a flat-liner in the psionic spectrum.

No Caption Provided

Adam would shrug, annoyed at the Doctor trying to sugar coat the situation Am I under observation, Doctor?

The Doctor would simply nod a yes, which made Adam roll his eyes back with bitter annoyance. There should have been a small box somewhere near where you found me. Am I to assume that box is still intact?

The Doctor would nod again. It is in isolation being examined.

It is a universal translator. They are quite common among the galaxy. Adam would reflect at the moment when he first came into possession of his Marauder Box. He had possessed it for so long it was like breathing, but the small piece of technology the size of a deck of cards had been through it since the beginning.

He was not able to claim a home planet for he was raised as an asteroid miner a youth. In the simplest terms, it was slavery, a little boy being forced into the pits of asteroid fields mining them for whatever ore they could muster. The Marauder Box, as he had named it, was standard issue among the pit divers to better communicate with the other miners which were delivered from other planets. It was one of the biggest dark markets in the solar system.

To keep up with production, Adam was subjected to physical enhancements. His eyes were even replaced with cybernetic ones so that the mining would never stop. It was like a living Hell, working non-stop until the body couldn't endure it any longer. He had seen many fall next to him as the machine which was asteroid mining kept churning, and churning. He knew no other way and he kept digging and digging, seeing many replace their predecessors as if they were just scrap, not even worthy of being thrown out. Adam would see their value though, if it was just for work in the minds. Adam knew no other reason for living, but the other miners would cling onto their memories, singing praises of their homeworlds. It was but a fantasy to him, but it was a fantasy which sparked something in him. Something that made him tell the others a passage he had discovered in which they could use for escape. And escape they did, though their journey led them from one Hell toward another - as life as a galactic gladiator.

To live by the sword or die by the sword was life at its simplest. His enhancements coupled with his ironclad desire made Adam quite the blade master, and just like before they escaped, forming a galactic journey as a pirate amongst the stars.

The Doctor would sit up , taking a deep breathe as he searched for his next words. We have a lot of questions regarding your appearance, so you will be under our observation during the duration. The doctor would slide over a picture of the crash site, its Talmut markings on full display within the pictures. The first being what were you doing aboard a Talmut vessel?

Adam would stare at the picture, visions of the Magog prison planet within Ninjan territory and his escape from it filling his head.It was another hardship he had endured, hardening his soul to the oppression which seemed infest the stars. He remembers the commotion, death falling upon the Talmut attackers, and again, their opportunity to escape. He was told long ago that he was a survivor, a when the opportunity presented itself, Adam fled with the rest of the prisoners from the Magog. As the escapees ferried away he held back, waiting in the cold, dark space with nothing but silence waiting for him to make his next move to invade any conflict. If it wasnt for his Marauder Box regulating the temperature he would have froze in an endless coffin.

When Adam saw the wise chance to take his leave, he warped in the Talmut vessel he stumbled across. There was a plot disturbance causing Adam to be jettisoned to the planet Earth. The purpose of such a powerful disturbance that would make him detour so far of course gnawed at his soul, just one of the idiosyncrasies one develops when Captain of a space vessel. Curiosity was out there among the stars. He remembers he had warped over the Perses Galaxy when the disturbance occurred. That is where his internal compass was guiding him like a giant star in the depths of space. He needed a crew. A way back to the Quasimodo and then the answer in which he was seeking.

Adam turned to Dr Carson with an eager smile. Would you believe me if I said I was offered a great deal for it? Dr Carson was not amused, Adam quickly noticing that the good doctor did not deviate once his mind was made. Adam had to kill time, and the first story that popped in his head was as good as any. I was on a planet which was collapsing on itself. People were leaving in mass and the vessel was the first one available. I got caught in the planet's destructive wave and found myself here. Adam would pound his chest placing his name on the line, which for a pirate was quite shaky, but they did not know that. I swear on the name of my father, Quazimodo, I am telling you the truth.

Though not in the vicinity, Adam's mention of the Quazimodo started an internal trigger within his Marauder Box. It would send out a signal to the Quazimodo regarding his location, transmit a distress signal by piggybacking the frequencies of the facility to render it barely noticeable, and of course, start a countdown for a big escape.

All it took now was time.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Keith_Helios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers