The Re-Awakening Of Olden Ways #2

Black_Ajian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

'So I have to run some errands for dad and get a some materials for my Marine Biology course. And I need to get an analytical paper on the effects of...' Ise's mind raced as he prepared the routine for his day. Walking through the many quiet shrines of Kyoto helped him focus, and focus he needed. Taking a deep breath, he pulled out his journal with the intention to look over his notes.

"...and then I said, 'That's completely wrong to try to quiet someone else becomes they disagree with you' and - Hey are you listening?" He suddenly became aware of Fuji's presence, and with it the presence of the cleaner sweeping away on the cobblestone path.

After Professor Tenyo's surprise discussion about the Ashikaga and Minatomo, Fuji asked to walk with him until her sister got off of her dance practice to pick her up. He wasn't sure why he agreed.

"Oh, uh, yeah. You were talking about a censorship type deal." That seemed to satisfy her, as she went back to her monologue.

"Right because, being apart of the debate team, we believe in the utter freedom to express our opinions. Whether they're true or not in the broader sense of things. And even if their true or false in one manner doesn't mean its true or false in another sense..." Now that he was back in reality, he couldn't return to the blissful tuning out he was doing before, so instead he decided to change to subject. Sliding the journal back into his back as he did.

"Right, Fuji, do you like sports?" Despite his build, he has yet to touch a ball, or throw one, preferring the solitude of exercising alone or a good night's swim.

"Well, I used to play softball and played basketball for a little while too. So I have some experience in the field of sports. While I'm not a hug fan of it anymore, I still see the necessity of an outdoor activity on the minds and bodies of young men and women. Like teaching the teamwork and coordination..."

"A simple yes or no, please"

"Oh, okay. Yes AND No."

He sighed. "I guess that's a start."

"So anything you have to say? Like on where we're going or what's on your mind?"

He didn't. But he didn't want to be rude so he came up with a subject. "The change in professors really was something. I never expected the old man to leave."

To his surprise Fuji didn't say anything in response. Instead, she stopped moving, utter fear and shock frozen onto her face. He looked ahead of him, and suddenly, a man was standing there in a cleaner's uniform with a shotgun in his hands. His eyes were deranged beyond human comphrension.

"Money, wallet and the girl." His voice was near a whisper. Gesturing the barrel end of the gun towards Fuji. The two glanced at each other in nervous anticipation, and then out stupidity or instinct, Ise stepped in front of her. Suddenly the bang of the shotgun rang out from the silence along with a yell, a name, suddenly came from his mouth.

"MIKOTO-TEN!!!"

A few moments of silence passed, when Ise finally realized he was alive. He opened his eyes to see what happened. And the scene in front of him was unbelievable. The back of Professor Mikoto was there to greet him, his Junihitoe flapped orderly in the wind as he stood between the two and the would-be murderer. Extended in front of him was a briefcase, the same one that held the papers in them.

The criminal seemed to have been frozen in fear as he looked into the Professor's eyes. In the other hand of the Professor Tenyo, a blade with a cobalt shade pointed at the ground. It didn't seem like a traditional katana, its handle a lot more detailed.

No Caption Provided

"Silence Of The Fae"

The words left his mouth as subtle as a whisper, but the power that was carried by it was evident. A clear box formed around the man, frozen in time and space before the box and the man disappear completely.

Then the professor turned to his two students, still processing what exactly happened. "Its best if I explain in a discreet location, I'll follow you to your residency, Ise. There we can talk about the events that just transpired."

The trio sat on a mat, surrounding a low table. Cuffed in Ise's hand was a warm mug of coffee, while his other two guest drunk tea. The Professor raised his eye at the odd choice of drink, it was around ten in the afternoon.

"So, let's begin. So, you are indeed part of the Ashikaga Clan, right Ise? Well, I wouldn't know if you're talking about the old ones, the ones that are in the textbooks. I never really did a check on my family tree."

Fuji piped out after her unusual streak of silence. "I took one, and I'm actually the great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Fujiwara No Kamatari, which is good if I figured out what that actually meant." She took a nervous sip of her drink, and in that pause Tenyo continued.

"Assuming you are, which I can tell but a scientific confirmation would probably be the best way for you, I am a Tennin, a Valkyrie of sorts, that has been assigned by Amaterasu herself to watch over your family's bloodline. And for around 600 years have I been keep to my promise to my duties, appearing whenever your family called for me. However, for the past 100 years, the Ashikaga seemed to have forgotten me and now dwindled into nothing. So now I believe I should make my presences known, to you, Ise Ashikaga, and teach you your ancestor's ways."