Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

High_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: (He would lean in and turn his head slightly)

I don't believe that I've heard of such a group.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: Yes, of course. And my apologize, but, what is your name? If you don't mind me knowing.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@high_baron: Until I can trust you you may just call me Contingency.

My real name shouldn't be relevant in my ability to protect you anyway.

High_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: Fair enough. Until we get better acquainted, you may call Baron.

(Offers hand)

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5307  Edited By Contingency

@high_baron: 《Does not accept hand and instead just walks close to be beside him while grinning like a Cheshire cat》

It's too soon to be holding hands don't you think, we haven't gotten better acquainted yet.

High_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: (Remains still)

It was merely a symbolic gesture of respect and agreement, but I apologize if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5309  Edited By Contingency

@high_baron: 《Nods her head》

It's fine, lets just skip to the point of everything. No need for formalities with me.

High_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contingency: To the point, I respect that.

(Gets a message on his communicator and speaks back and forth in German before going back to the woman)

I have business elsewhere at this time, but I do intend to finish this conversation. I'll find you when the time comes, until then, have a nice day.

(Turns around and promptly walks off)

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight@dark_west (didnt know which one you wanted to write)

The trek through space was a long one, yet Adam remained sharp and attentive as he approached the docking platform. There were no guiding lights to guide him in as this commission was completely off-books. Though he did not like them, they paid well and galactic credits went a long way of keeping his opinions quenched.

The woosh of the engines switching to sub-thrusters was only followed by the hiss of the back loading door opening. Adam walked slowly toward loading ramp, his cape elegantly shrouding one side of the space pirate as the other gracefully followed his trot.

A devilish smile stretched across his face as he spotted a figure at the location. Adam would grasp his buckle on his right, ready to unleash his sidearm if needed, though the other one was already positioned for a quicker draw under his cape.

You are not Escobar, Adam would say aloud, his eyes questioning the presence of the man before him.

Dark_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

Jace West looked upon some sort of Space Cowboy with a look of disgust and disdain. Jace had recently discovered this place during his travels and had thought to search it for all it was worth...but this man appears and exits his ship with a cocky smile that makes Jace shiver.

Then the man spoke.

You are not Escobar

No Caption Provided

Jace's eyes would flick up and down eying the newcomer with curiosity. "Obviously not. Who are you?"

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_west:

I have been called many things out there Adam replied, his gaze quickly gesturing to the stars above. Adam noticed the man before him possessing the same curiosity in which he held of him. He allowed the gaze of curiosity as both stood within the thick air of uneasiness.

Adam would be careful to talk clearly and move slower, as he did not want to trigger anything unexpected and especially not one compensated under a contract, though if need be, he would be ready. What I am at this moment is just a man trying to complete his business. I would prefer not to get into what this planet calls a Mexican standoff, so names seem less relevant than intentions. As I have stated mine, may I ask what are yours, or would you prefer we continue with this silent dance we find ourselves fixed in currently?

Dark_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

Jace would finish sizing Adam up and scoff slightly as he turned his head. "No need for all of that. As for my intentions, I'm searching for something. Business for me also. Not that I care but what business are you trying to complete?"

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_west:

Adam would shrug at the question, respecting its directness yet amusing if he answered whole-heartedly. I was hired to ship cargo through the space quadrant. Adam would gesture toward his belt. asking permission to move abruptly yet slowly. If allowed, he would pull out a remote to close the loading ramp into the space vessel for the man he was in discussions was not Escobar. If he wasnt, it would raise questions if this man somehow dealt with Escobar, making the cargo he was carrying not only Adam's business, but the man before him as well. I dont know what it is. I dont care to know what it is. The statement was a lie, for though he did not know exactly what the cargo was for, he had a rough idea of what it was intended. Playing naive was always the best route to not force an unattended action. I have completed my mission. The only thing I await is payment. My services go to the highest bidder, so since Escobar is not here on delivery as I was told he would be, I am willing to negotiate a price if your interest was piqued.

Not that I care...Adam would smile, trying to gauge his intentions on innocent terms., but what business are you trying to complete? They always say an extra pair of eyes are better than one.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5316  Edited By Adam_Grimm

@cutting_edge

No Caption Provided

The Gazer Anthem had journeyed once again to the third planet located in the galaxy. To Adam, the blue planet looked like many across the stars. The planet though was not the reason for his journey, it was a man.

The ship navigated through the web of satelites that littered its upper atmosphere and then it halted in front of one lone one. One belonging to WARP.

Adam would sit upon his chair which looked like a throne, with both hands inter-locked as his elbows rested. He signaled to open a frequency directly to the satellite.

My name is Adam Grimm. I am Captain of the Endeavor. Possessor of the Black Calling. I seek one man. His name is Arthur Mark. When Arthur is located have him open communication upon this frequency. Gazer Anthem out.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

The Man of Tomorrow would be located in egotistically named tower, currently within his workshop as he prepared to leave for his recently developed trip, hoping to get out by the start of the week. It was a pretty calm practice for him, especially when he had one of his favorite tracks playing at the time.

No Caption Provided

Moments later, he would get an alert from his artificial assistant that he was receiving a communications channel that appeared to be originating off world, just within Earth's atmosphere. Pausing his music in annoyance, he would walk over to his bench and lackadaisically proceed. "Alright, let's here what these guys have to say. And keep the JLA on standby, in case we're being invaded..."

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge:

No Caption Provided

It would not take long for the chime of opening communication to hail the Anthem. Adam arose from his chair, the Black Calling which graced the hull of the vessel also appeared upon his chest of his jacket. It signified the power and determination he possessed and Adam flaunted it proudly.

Greetings Arthur Mark. I am Adam Grimm. Captain of the Gazer Anthem (I changed the name) Leader of the Starlight Run. It may be a cliche, but me and my vessel come in peace.

I have been contracted to locate you and negotiate a treaty with you in regards to your last appearance amongst the stars. How do you wish to proceed?

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

Arthur was hardly interested by anything that the forefinger had to say, the only thing keeping his attention at the point was honestly just the fact that he was being called up by aliens. Not that he was so shocked by the occasion. But what did throw him off was the reason for the unexpected call, and his reaction spoke volumes to just the extent.

His mind immediately flashed back to his months in space, all of the rescue missions, bar fights, planetary wars, galactic federations, ship races, prison camps, scientific excursions, assassination attempts, get rich quick schemes... And worst off all... alien restaurants that went under tipped. But his battle against the Imperium would also come to mind.

He would need to think carefully about the whole process, his goal here was to deal with this matter a discretely as possible, if it could even be called discrete at this point. "Hold up. I've spoken to A LOT of people up in space that have told me similar things in the past, only to turn around and try to kill me for robbing them or being with their wife that I didn't even know was married! But never on my front porch. So if you want to talk peace, you need to give me more information than that."

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge:

Adam laughed at Arthur's infamous mannerisms, his renowned quick wit as sharp as a Xendelian blade. I can guarantee you Arthur Mark, I am nowhere near betrothed. It just isnt for me. As stated before, it is not my intention to kill you. My contract stated no such clause when I found you. Adam would pound his fist upon the skull and crossbones which adorned his chest as a childish smirk would reveal itself upon Adam's face. Captain's honor.

Adam would stare at the video uplink more sternly as if he was about to scold a child. If you would like to skip the pleasantries which I have so gracefully extended to you, by all means I am willing to pit verbal slings with you Arthur Mark. The only problem being is that I am not here to talk about what has happened in your past. I was sent here to discuss your future.

I am just the messenger but...Adam would pick up a communication pad, looking at the terms written upon contract, it says here that the natural progression of your desires will eventually expand into space at a rate unsustainable for the cosmos and eventually leading to the death of many of galaxies, yours included. Yada, yada, yada, so on and so forth. I think you get the idea. I am here just to negotiate a cease and desist in such actions for the sake of the galaxy. Was that enough information for you Arthur Mark?

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5321  Edited By Cutting_Edge  Online

@adam_grimm:

No Caption Provided

Arthur's look of anxiety and balanced skepticism would hardly get better as a when the captain would go to make his retort, but the skeptical aspect of the whole situation would only increase with each passing moment. And by the time that Adam had finished, he had achieved a look on Arthur's face that pretty easily showed how he felt about the whole matter. "Yeah... I think I've got enough." His tone and expression being as snide as ever.

"My work leads to countless amount of death and destruction ringing throughout entire galactic systems and causing an innumerable amount of beings endless pain and terror. But just how exactly would you know that I could ever screw the pooch this badly?" Truthfully, Arthur saw the entire situation sad attempt at getting him to stand down, due to his potential as a technological innovator and the name that he had made for himself across the cosmos. All of course feeding his massive ego.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5322  Edited By Adam_Grimm

Im no engineer, Arthur. Im a Captain of a space vessel. Adam would reply quickly, noticing Arthur's ego was blinding him from the message he was paid to relay. He was told that he would be as hardheaded as advertised. Adam was a simpler man, more straight to the point if the credit amount was correct, and the galactic credit amount for negotiating with a galactic murderer was quite sufficient for him to accept. The fact being that he was told he would survive such an ordeal made the terms even more in his favor.

I had to do it. Its your goatee, lol
I had to do it. Its your goatee, lol

You were in space. You were fighting the good fight, but someone took your actions as inspiration and demonized them, Arthur Mark. You can say it isn't your fault but it is. It sucks to be you. Even as we speak there are cults popping up leaving symbols in places I dont want to revisit. They have left their calling card in all the destruction they have caused. The whispers call it the Mark of Edge.

Adam would look as serious as he has ever had, looking directly at the man on the screen. Many empires think they could deal with this cult but then they received a message. A message telling them what they had to do or the consequences would be irreversible. That message came from you Arthur Mark. It was you that told us to which communications satellite to access. And it was you that said you would be a hard head and not listen. In less the ten years from the date, you will recognize the only way to deal with the cult is to cut it off from the start. Those were your words, not mine.

You have to stop me from expanding into the galaxy!
You have to stop me from expanding into the galaxy!

Adam would press a button on his command chair, sending over the communication it took months to decode, the sheer amount of coding and data embedded in the original message so advanced that it traversed the barrier of time. They had received it the moment Arthur Mark returned to Earth, and now Arthur Mark could see it for himself the clear message repeating in its grainy format

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

The Steel Savant would continue to look through the captain as his gaze of hubris would keep up his vain appearance, even busting out laughing once he saw the supposed symbol of what would be his cults. He was just about to come up with a smart ass remark about the whole situation, but that was only until proof was shown, and only would his smug demeanor would gradually change.

No Caption Provided

As Adam went on and showed Arthur the future footage, his face would slowly recede and become more pale by the second. Without hesitation, STEVE would do a full sweep of the message slide by slide, running full video content analysis before making a confirmation.

{The messages visual components as well as the embedded coding within its data file suggests that it is 100% genuine, sir.}

Arthur would immediately become pale as he fell back into his seat, sliding his hand down his face slowly as he took a moment to gather what thoughts that he could manage to construct. He was gobsmacked. A terrible indication of the situation to its fullest. "No, no... That can't... No I wouldn't... Would I?"

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: Adam could nothing but feel for the man on the other end of the communication link. It wasnt every day when one is told that they would be the harbinger of death throughout the galaxy. It was even less common when one is told by themselves from the future that all the good they did would be corrupted to evil. It sucked to be him.

Adam would give Arthur another moment to compose himself as he sat once again in his command chair. It appears so, mate. Look, I know its alot to soak in and I totally get it, it sucks to be you, but I was paid to relay you your message. I have upheld that part of my contract. I also have a side contract to eliminate some satellite warning system you established named Red Eye. It would be much appreciated that you give me any information you have on it as well as the projected trajectory of its destination so the Anthem can blow it out of the solar system.