Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By 8th_Wonder

"Chaos"

The Omega Cubes
The Omega Cubes

In the farthest reaches of the universe, cosmic secrets unfold, and things once thought impossible come to life. And times so ancient they're thought to have never existed, the greatest of alien minds studied the cosmos, and unearthed that at its core, reality is a complex system of randomness. One wherein - given infinite time - every possible sequence of states will inevitably arise. Entropy need only fluctuate. And in parts unknown, random chaotic fluctuations gave rise to cosmic anomalies, five cubes whose unique sensitivity to the fundamental forces of nature rendered those who wielded them the master of all things.

✧ The Five Cubes - Cosmic Artifacts

The Omega Cubes glimmer and hum, syncing to the strings that play reality's tune. Each one bears a powerful and inimitable sensitivity to the properties of nature's fundamental forces; the strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, gravitation, electromagnetism, and the mysterious fifth force harnessed by the Eteldan Empire. Each cube echoes the command of its fundamental force, and they are as follows:

• The Strong Cube: A cube that wields the power of destruction and creation, the Strong Cube's dominion is over the strong nuclear force, the force that holds quarks in protons, and protons and neutrons together in the hearts of atom. With it, the power to erase things from existence by pulling atomic nuclei apart is but a thought away, as is the power to create by combining protons and neutrons to weave atoms, and atoms to weave molecules and so on until the imagined becomes reality.
    Location - In Nordok's possession

• The Weak Cube: A twin of the Strong Cube, the Weak Cube like its sibling, commands a force that reigns supreme on the particle scale; the weak nuclear force. And with it, lies governance over radioactive decay, nuclear fission and nuclear fusion. Those who wield the Weak Cube hold the ultimate means of altering atomic structure, igniting explosions unlike anything mankind has ever seen, snuffing out stars by halting the weak force interactions powering the thermonuclear processes they need to release energy, or doing the opposite by raising those thermonuclear processes to the nth degree.

And with supremacy over radioactive decay, the Weak Cube can halt or accelerate it, and force what was once thought stable - to undergo decay. Atomic transmutation, the power to turn lead into gold and entire planets into stone, is but an inch away from those in possession of the Weak Cube.
    Location - Drifting through the Andromeda Galaxy

• The Electro Cube: Claiming control over the force that wades between charged particles and reigns over electric and magnetic fields, the Electro Cube is among the most powerful of Omega Cubes. The bond between electric and magnetic fields knows few superiors in the cosmos, and it is best described in Maxwell's equations. And in controlling electromagnetism, the Electro Cube can alter Maxwell's equations to do the impossible. Light, for example, is an electric field oscillating with a magnetic field. So to alter Maxwell's equations, is to alter the nature of light e.g. its speed, which can be derived by Maxwell's equations, and would result in apocalyptic consequences such as the rewriting of the laws of chemistry etc.

Electromagnetic forces are omnipresent, holding molecules together, governing electricity and light, and all that can be considered a force is an expression of that which the Electro Cube commands. The power to move and lift matter, achieve flight, generate electrostatic discharges, sway magnetic fields, summon electrical storms, cast illusions by manipulating light, shift the chemical bonds and structure of matter and so on all lie within the heart of the Electro Cube.
    Location - KELT-9b
  • The Gravitation Cube: The Omega Cube reigns supreme over the macroscopic force of gravity, the Gravitation Cube directs and controls the fundamental force that is felt greatest by planets, stars and entire galaxies. The gravitational fields at the Gravitation Cube's beck and call are the scourges of celestial bodies, capable of pulling apart entire planets and stars, and as General Relativity describes gravity as the curvature of space-time, the Gravitation Cube promises fundamental control over both space and time. Wormholes can be forged, time can be manipulated, space expanded, planets hurled like comets, objects crushed, and black holes weaved.
    Location - CTA 102

• The Fifth Cube: The last and least understood Omega Cube, the Fifth Cube is one whose power lies with a mysterious fifth fundamental force. A nameless interaction responsible for anomalies here and there. A storm of energy so vast it overcomes the electromagnetic force and wills atoms to respond more strongly to it than to electric forces. At its heart, its wielder finds unrivaled telekinesis and energy transmission.
    Location - The Eteldan Empire

Rules

1. Though this is an original concept created by me, anyone can PM me if they'd like to add some history etc. to some of the Omega Cubes. Perhaps some alien civilization of your making once possessed one or underwent some irreversible event, maybe a war, because of them?
  2. If you would like to come into possession of one of the Omega Cubes, have a decent reason behind your claim, as in, it should at least be sensible for YC to have heard about them and have the means to reach them as they are all in space, so only characters well versed in nU space would be aware of them and have a means of reaching them. Furthermore, I'd also prefer it if you had a narrative reason/story idea behind wanting to claim one instead of just claiming one to have one and sitting on it without ever doing anything with it, story-wise.
  3. Don't just magically know where some of these Omega Cubes are located if you're searching for them. Some of them are in extremely remote locations and warrant investigation until their location is uncovered. Certain characters can get away with this though, like the Observer and the High Queen.
Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Nordok  Moderator

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder: Man, and to think someone just mentioned possibly forming a Guardians of the Galaxy like team

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Catalina_Liafador

One belongs to me I just have to finish beat y’all asses for it

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they all the same color or visually distinguishable?

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nordok  Moderator
8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Green for the Strong Cube, yellow for the Weak Cube, white for the Electro Cube, transparent for the Gravitation Cube, and blue for the Fifth Cube.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder: And which one are you suckas about to lose to Nordok?

Trying to figure out how worried to be. -_____-

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ParagonxXx  Online

@rosso: If I know Nordok, he won't settle for anything less than...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oslo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dope concept!

I can do some thangs when I locate one of them bad boys
I can do some thangs when I locate one of them bad boys

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oslo: Whatever it takes to get some stories going, LOL.

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's an Ice Cube joke here somewhere

Good ish dude. Space stuff on the come-up

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oslo: Would you care to break Adam from a SWORD containment facility in order to hop a ship off the planet?

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 8th_Wonder
Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder: When you say, Let's do it! Is that meaning you want Oslo to break Adam from SWORD or Achilles to break Adam from SWORD?

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Jackson might have to get one of these.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty Stones,Nice Stones

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder:

Well my vocabulary certainly increase...now whenever someone needs my help to move I'm going to call the boxes hexahedrons

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcques_: If you ever wanna write an obnoxious genius character, just have him call cubes or boxes "hexahedrons", LOL.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just call ice cubes

"Condensing Dihydrogen Monoxide Hexahedrons"

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@8th_wonder: When you say, Let's do it! Is that meaning you want Oslo to break Adam from SWORD or Achilles to break Adam from SWORD?

I'm down to hash it out if you guys wanna set something up.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8th_wonder: read what you guys had so far. I'm writing something now. Since there are five stones, is it ok to deviate from Persus and bring something else up. Like the Eteldan Empire, since it was mentioned and converge story?