Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

(During the election)

Gale Xanders stood before a podium as the media waited for her to reveal why she'd called the press conference on the island the Statue of Liberty had once occupied. There was a great deal of speculation as to what was hiding behind the massive view blocking black boards that had been erected seemingly over night. She waited quietly until someone confirmed in her ear piece they were ready to begin. "Ladies and Gentlemen, citizens of the United States and Earth...Jurassic World has a gift for America."

She pressed a button on the podium and the boards retracted into the ground and immediately the media members gathered gasped, a few cell phones fell to the ground and everything went completely silent.

No Caption Provided

"I present to you, the new Statue of Liberty!" Gale said with a smile. "We had it constructed in complete faith with the original plans, every detail is an exact duplication of the original, right down to the materials used. For all intents and purposes this statue is exactly the same as the original. We built it with permission from the former Vice President and have not spent a single tax payer dime on the project. Now that the statue is complete security will be turned over to the United States Government."

Eventually someone thought of a question. "Why didn't you make it stronger or harder to destroy this time?"

"That's simple." Gale said. "This statue doesn't tell the world how secure to the country is, it doesn't represent a step towards a stronger military or a more powerful government...it represents hope, hope for the future, hope for the present. This statue presents to the world the idea that people can bring themselves up from nothing and make themselves into national or international icons. The words engraved in this statue's base tell us that the country doesn't care if you're poor, or sick, or what your religion is or...dare I say it, what your genetic history is. The United States must begin to live up to its ideals again and to do that we need icons of hope...not icons of security."

"Does Jurassic World expect anything from the government for doing this?" Someone else asked.

"Nothing. We made it quite clear in the original meeting and I have the notes of the meeting to present to the next President once they are in office. I want nothing out of it and neither does my company. This statue is about the people of America, not me, not Jurassic World, not even the LA Dragons." Gale said.

"Why did you do it?" Someone asked. "The United States doesn't have a great history with you in particular."

Gale shrugged. "So? The actions of an individual or a government don't reflect on the country at large. That I have previously had trouble with the Humans First organization says more about my persona beliefs than the leanings of the government or its people."

"It was recently revealed that you donated a large sum of money to Mr Octavian's campaign, with rumors of his impending arrest, what will you do next?"

Gale frowned. Politics, now? Really?

"I'll find a better question to answer." She said with just a little hint of anger in her voice. "Come on everyone, let's enjoy this day. We have food and drink brought in from all over the world as a symbol of the melting pot ideal of America. This island is open to the public and the media for the rest of the day. Please, enjoy yourselves and forget about politics for a day."

#1 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

Note how the fact that I authorized this and funded it is not at all mentioned.

Jeez, you take a measly six million people and form a hostile country above major metropolitan areas on floating weapons of mass destruction, and suddenly no one wants to be associated with you.

#2 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

While she skirted the funding issue, she did mention your part in authorizing it.

#3 Edited by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Muts've missed it lol thanks

#4 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@gale_xanders: To me, the best part about that is that you remembered it wouldn't be green! Science!

#5 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

You know, it was really hard to find a non-green image, lol.

#6 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Well, I can see why. I always thought it was supposed to be green for a long time, until I asked. And searched. So it makes sense.

#7 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

I had to look for the alternate reality Fringe one and then find a version that didn't have other crap in it or wasn't too small.

#8 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Wow, that must've taken some time I suppose.

#9 Posted by Renn_Kelen (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Still can't believe I got away with breaking the Statue, how was that ever sold by people? CV is great sometimes xD

#10 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Still can't believe I got away with breaking the Statue, how was that ever sold by people? CV is great sometimes xD

Working the consensus :P

#11 Posted by Soterichor (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

I do plan to read this. Sometime during the day, or after.

@renn_kelen said:

Working the consensus :P

Following due process of "defenders must be allowed a reasonable attempt to stop you."

#12 Posted by Renn_Kelen (507 posts) - - Show Bio

@soterichor: @maverick_6: Wasn't even 1 year into RPGing, surprised that 100000 people didn't come to defend. To the contrary, people helped. XD

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
#13 Posted by Damien_Bonaparte (2251 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Renn_Kelen (507 posts) - - Show Bio

@damien_bonaparte: Been busy with work, I'll reply to your awesome post today as I have the weekend off :P

#15 Posted by Great_Samson (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@renn_kelen: Cool, cool. I wasn't expecting my own reply to be so soon TBH. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#16 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

*Destroys it again in Pyro's name*