The March of a Million Mutants (CVnU Event - Open)

• 154 results
Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thecatalyst:

(Xae/Gale's sense of smell is amazing and she'd be well aware of what would and wouldn't belong, she's a very bright scientist and has her head buried in mechanical stuff quite often...you should see her house, it looks like a junkyard.)

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By The_Catalyst

@gale_xanders: (gotcha. I'll cover that next time I post.

Edit: Did you want to reply first or should I double up? I don't mind either way.)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: This is getting longer than I thought it would, might take a while.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: @sentinel_hawk@maverick_6@asmodeus_prime

Good evening Dover, this is George Kelmer for Action 6 news. I am both disappointed to see my esteemed colleague leave but excited to serve the people of this great city. With me today is Donovan Glost, humanitarian, consultant to several charities, and head of no less than two. He is of course known best as the CEO of the "Humans First Foundation", a nonprofit concerned primarily with lobbying for increased security in an increasingly chaotic and unpredictable world.

He is of course here to address a few points brought up by another guest, one John Franklin Adams, head of the HFF's Dover branch. Well Mr. Adams, the floor is yours.

Thank you George. I would just like to say that first of all, that the views and opinions of Mr. Adams do not represent the organization at large. We are not of the opinion that those trapped in Gothic or those entering are all criminals, we do not believe all mutants are inherently evil, or that they are any less "divine" than any other man.

What we do believe is that that they are, if not properly supervised and guided they can be incredibly dangerous. It's like owning a bomb, or a machine gun. Do we have them? Yes. Do we need them? Of course. But do we recklessly allow people to take them wherever they wish, to use them as they please? No. They're not even legal to own.

Now I'm not proposing anything drastic, I'm not suggesting genocide or concentration camps. All I'm suggesting is that we consider a stricter Registration Act, one that allows us to monitor mutant-Americans, guide them so we might prevent crimes before they occur. I want to have this conversation now, before tragedy occurs, because if we wait to have this conversation until after the next Ivana or the next Curve crops up in our backyard we are going to be talking about what to do to avenge these people, not save them.

What do you say to people that claim that such surveillance infringes on these people's constitutional rights? That it would essentially place them under constant police surveillance, violating their fourth amendment rights?

Well, I realize this isn't going to make me a very popular man, but do you honestly think the founding fathers could have foreseen this? People with the ability to level city blocks? Now, this brings me no pleasure, and I understand the slippery slope we are on, but at some point we have to ask ourselves: Is that freedom really worth the risk? Can we afford to let people with that amount of sheer destructive power near our hospitals, in our schools, with our children?

I am under no illusion that these are "bad" people, but I do know that they are far more dangerous than I am comfortable with. All it takes is one tantrum, one loss of patience, and we have another national tragedy on our hands. Is that really the kind of power we want to leave unchecked?

No, no it is not Mr. Glost. I realize you are a very, very busy man, so I would like to thank you for taking the time to drop by today.

Of course, George. It was my pleasure.

"Well, would you like to come along?" She could hear the slight *click* as the reporter seated herself, and as the passenger door swung open, light breeze blowing through the vehicle and out toward Xanders, she caught it, the subtle scent of lead and black powder, the most minute of smells but it was there. The reporter stared up at her, curious as to her hesitation.

Following the trail would lead Gale under Connely's seat to a grouping of four pipe bombs, far in excess of what was needed to kill one woman, all bundled together and attached to a simple pressure trigger. When Connely sat in the driver's seat it was activated, when she rose it would detonate. Any shift in the explosive itself would likely set off the pressure sensor, as would any attempt at removing Connely. It had been a small miracle that she had not set off the device as she'd unlocked and opened the passenger side door. That was all Xanders could tell at a glace, though secondary triggers were possible, likely even.

Jefferson Street, Hyattsville MD - Approximately 6.5 Miles From Capitol Hill

I guess you could say the march went off without a hitch, by their standards. Bunch of sheep, they see their brothers and sisters slaughtered in front of them and still find a way to pat themselves on the back at the end of the day.

It's not far to dad's place, and he's out of town for business, or something. I don't ask, he doesn't tell, been like this ever since I shocked the sh!t out of the blender, since we learned what I am. I grab the key from under the potted fern by the door, it sticks a little as I push it into the knob and jiggle it 'til it works. Finally the door swings open and I'm in.

Then the smell hits me: burnt meat. No one should be here, especially not to cook. I figure it must be Mr. Gomez again, probably overcooked his carne asada or something. I can hear sirens at a distance, a helicopter flying around up above, but it doesn't really register, not yet. Not until I see him, the guy lying face up on the floor, clothing singed. He's the source of the smell, hell there're still wisps of smoke coming off the burns in his chest. This is recent, this happened now, just now.

That's when my head pieces it all together. Guy's in a suit, he's not an electrician, burn patterns match the same kinda crap that happens when I fry rats I find in the house. This guy was shocked to death, he's in my house, I just got home, cops are on the way.

Us vs. Them. I bolt, but I can see the searchlight already tracing the house. Doesn't matter, it's either run or die at this point. That's when I notice the car in the driveway, and I can tell as I run by it the battery's burned out. I can feel it.

Somebody went through a lot of trouble to set this up.

I jump Mr. Gomez's fence, we're cool but what happens next makes me question whether or not things're gonna stay that way. Pig crashes through the wooden fence using his cruiser, tries to run me down. I overcharge the battery with a quick burst, blowing it up in his car. It dies before he can come close, but that doesn't stop him from getting out and opening fire. I jump the next fence, ducking shots as I go. I think I hear Mrs. Gomez scream, I hope she's okay but I've got no time to check. The chopper's still trailing. I know I don't have enough juice to knock it out of the air, not just yet, but if I make it to a power line I could probably redirect some it into the chopper, bring it down.

The only question is: Should I? I know the people in this neighborhood, grew up with them, and while some of them might not like the "new me", is that really reason enough to bring a few thousand pounds of metal and gasoline down on them?

Gunfire rings our from above, dirt exploding in front of me. Higher caliber rounds, more energy, sniper, maybe. I don't have a choice, it's life or death. Do or die.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst: @maverick_6@asmodeus_prime

"I'll come with you..." Gale said quietly. "But first I'm going to do something about this bomb under your seat...do me a favor...and don't move." Gale told her carefully. There was no denying it, Gale needed access to her technology to figure this one out. "Second favor...don't tell anyone you saw me do this." Gale said and snapped her fingers. Her armor locked into place, revealing to the anchor woman that Gale Xanders was also the mysterious hero of Gothic City, Xae. It was speculated by many that Xae was not even human, let alone mutant.

No Caption Provided

Gale's speech pattern changed, now heavily accented with a foreign accent the anchor woman would be unable to place. It was her native speech pattern, the result of the area she had grown up in and the fact she was no longer concealing it. "Sorry, I needed access to my visor and sensors." She bent her sensors to her will, the suit began scanning for additional triggers and chemical contents. You couldn't disable a bomb without knowing what it was made out of. Additional deep scans began as well, penetrating the outer layer of the bomb with low yield X-Rays to give her a view of its interior. "So tell me about this bar we're going to." Xae said to distract the young woman from the fact she was sitting on top of a massive bomb. "You said something about going there in high school a lot? I never really got to go to a traditional school when I grew up." She continued. "I spent most of my time fighting a war, but people learn things on their own if they try hard enough. My father used to get mad at me for making off with his books all the time." She smirked, remembering her father's half-hearted punishments. "Of course he wasn't really mad."

Xae extended just one of her claws, intending to use the diamond hard, nano-molecular sharpened weapon to cut wires as soon as she was able to determine what needed cutting and how. For now she carefully used it to carve a hole in the floor board of the car, it went through the metal like a solar flare through butter. Once the metal was removed she had better access to the bomb from the side. "I'll pay for the damage." she remarked casually, apparently not even the least bit nervous.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Maverick_6

@thecatalyst:

Questions continued.

"Where is the girl being held now?" One reporter asked.

"I am no allowed to dispel that information, for her own safety." He replied.

They didn't end there, however, he heard from within his own skull a message from Bradshaw, alerting him to something and requesting that he return to the base ASAP.

"No more questions." He had said most all of what he'd been told to say and hardly had much else to address at the moment. The girl's posting on social media wasn't an immediate telltale, however, they themselves knew how easily it could be tracked. Nemaz had forgotten to warn the girl of what to and not to post and whether or not she should post at all. An error that seemed unlikely to cost them much even if people could find them, how would they infiltrate their small HQ. No personal from the outside were allowed.

He entered a limosine, seemingly unguarded as without the word, the driver began to proceed to an unknown destination. All the while, Nemaz began to get undressed, determined to make it back to the HQ in record time. His tie unraveled as he shifted his neck and undid it, placing it at his side next to his armor and weapons. His coat followed, then his shoes. Within under 4 minutes, he sat fully geared with weapons and body armor, the rest of his attire folded neatly in the seat next to him. As the limousine proceeded en route to a hotel parking garage, the Ugandian gunmen slipped out of the open window invisible from the electromagnetic spectrum, navigating the world through vibrations as he proceeded back to base. The trip on foot taking him roughly six minutes over the course of a few miles.

Maverick Mobile HQ

Bradshaw looked at his phone, shooting Sentinel back a simple, straightforward reply.

"Thanks for the heads up, kid."

He walked about the base, patrolling, his helmet hiding his aged expression. Armor that hid a thin layer of artificial muscle that allowed him to function at his peak capacity despite previously acquired injury. Although hindered, he had still remained at a point that many said was beyond that Average man. His R-telepathy helmet enabled him to return the text without lowering his weapon or leaving himself at all exposed, while his smart

"Nice of you to join us."e

As Bradshaw spoke, his ally seemed to manifest out of thin air next to him.

"How goes it?"

"Fine, for now at least. Open carry is on for the M.O.R.S. and all along the base. Keeping an eye out for snipers, and all that. Why don't you go out near by. See if you can pick anything up. Something don't sit right with me...."

"Will do, soon."

With that, Nemarhe slightest of discrepancies. One in particular, being that Stephanie had no fresh pair of clothes to change into. Sound about the area allowed him to map out the air around himself and in actuality, he could functionally see through gas, soliderved to purpose of alerting him that this little girl required clothes.

"If you could, please ensue that our guest receives a fresh set of clothes."

He spoke to one of the female ENCUs, interaction with the girl for such things had to be brief. Somewhat Adamantly, she agrees, walking across the camp and picking up a set of clothes in the bin. As the woman returns, she knocks on the APC to alert of her coming in rather than to give her opportune to prepare herself. However, her guest was asleep, passed out in her pillow. Though typically, this woman was made to be something human being trained into a living weapon meant to incapacitate and kill most of this girl's kind. But, the sight of her in the bed had caused her to rethink her ideals. She seemed as human as others did.

The difference between the woman and the girl in the bed seemed then, the methods of power obtained. The girl was born with her power, but she used her gifts in ways that were benevolent, unlike some of her kind. While the woman felt she'd earned her "power." The gear that she had been given and the skills she'd obtained, they were not natural but though they were given to only certain people, any determined enough person could do the same, for better or worse. Perhaps then, it wasn't a matter of power in itself but in who has it and how they get it.

Stealthily, she slid over to the girl's laptop and fiddled with her mouse, the bright light revealing her facebook page of her parents and loved ones, she came to realize that indeed, the girl in the bed, a "mutant" may have been more human in actuality then she was. Her own immediate family swallowed by the chaotic nature of the world, destroyed by empowered people who perpetually plotted domination or utter destruction.

If the girl would come to wake, she'd find she was alone, the light of the laptop on and the barely opened door to the APC that dared not expose her to the outside world, shut.

Hyattsville

"Police Chopper Seven four, hold your fire or you will shot down."

A police chopper firing without prior explanation on a populated residential area was unprecidented. Not only this, but it was highly unusual. Normally, such a task that required such surgical precision was to be undertaken by units well equipped to handle such a threat. They were quick react, quick to assess and quick to act.

"You have 5 seconds to hold your fire or you will be shot down.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two..."

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: (Should have specified that it was a police helicopter. Sure an HFF member is piloting it and an HFF sniper is gunning from it, but they're both still members of the police force.)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders

"A bomb? You're kidding me right?" She froze in fear, her body beginning to tremble as she saw the woman duck under her seat, then she watched, dumbstruck as the head of one of the world's largest amusement parks/only dinosaur zoo transformed, armor covering her body in moments with a snap of her fingers. "You can't be serious, you're her? That hero from Gothic? Wha? How? Why?"

The pipe bomb's materials were easy to figure out, a simple electrical fuse connected to an abundance of gunpowder, all compacted into an airtight metal pipe covered in one and a quarter inch nuts. The thin wires would quickly heat soon after the electrical charge passed through them, and all four pipe bombs were affixed to a single pressure plate, already depressed by Connely, which, when the pressure was relieved, would send an electrical impulse through a mass of wires connected to it, some dummy wires, others actually connected to the bombs.

Additional wires were affixed from the bombs and threaded to those connecting to the ignition system. Turning the key would send an electrical pulse to the bombs, setting them off. On the interior of the bomb was yet another ignition device, this one triggered by sudden jarring movements or a change in equilibrium. If tilted too far in either direction the device would ignite the black powder within. It was complex, though not terribly advanced. With enough time she would be able to unravel which wires would actually set off the bombs as opposed to running a charge through to nothing in particular.

"The bar we're going to...Right. Umm... Well it used to be a hobby shop, Mulligan, we would go there to play cards, buy new ones, trade, play board games and stuff... " Her heartbeat grew faster and faster, eyes darting from the transformed Xanders under her seat to the area around her. "As we grew up we sort of went our separate ways, the next generation didn't seem as interested in board or card games, so the owners weren't pulling in enough money to keep the place afloat. Instead of spending more on advertising or selling the place they invited old patrons back by turning it into a bar. Pretty successful too." She watched as she carved a hole in the bottom of the car, gulping down her fear as she did. She listened to the hero's history, her knuckles white on the wheel, her breathing ragged.

Then footsteps, slow and heavy, emerged from the building. David Tember sauntered over to the driver's side of the car, the door still ajar. "Hey there Kate, still hangin' round I see. What's keeping ya? Thinking about begging for your job back?" He grinned down at her as she looked up at him, white as a sheet, eyes wide.

As Xae began to take the wires in hand he moved, his arm wrapping around the blonde woman's shoulder, his body dropping as he pulled back in an attempt to rip her from the vehicle.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@thecatalyst:

Xae let her talk as she examined the bomb, she listened quietly too, genuinely interested. She cocked her head a little as her eyes focused on he weapon. "I've always loved card games, we'll have to play sometime...I might be a little rusty though, it's been awhile since I played any sort of game...too much going on I guess." She was halfway through deciphering the wires when David arrived to her great irritation. She growled, it was an utterly inhuman sound, absolutely predatory and to most humans, chilling to the bone. She was quick too, reacting before he could pull the woman from the car. She reached across and grabbed at his arm with her claws still sheathed. If she were successful she'd begin squeezing until she heard a satisfying crunching sound that would identify the crushing of his bone.

"I'm busy, it's rude to interrupt someone who's busy." Even as she acted, even as she spoke, Xae was working at the bomb and slicing through wires, the sensory equipment of her suit allowed her to see three hundred and sixty degrees, she had no need to look down to do what she needed to do. If her attempt failed she had another plan that largely required disarming the bomb. She was furious with the male, furious with the people who had planned to do so much killing and was not going to abide any more killing. Xae prepared to act fast if she failed, the muscles of her powerful legs tensing in preparation to move fast.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The_Catalyst

He dropped back, trying to wrench the former news personality from the vehicle, his eyes fixated on the armored Xae down below. In an instant she rose from her position on the floor of the vehicle, rapidly snatching his portly arm, fingers impressing their image on his flesh.

"Holy shit there's a mutant down th--" KRACK, SNAP

The bone in his right arm snapped cleanly, the 57 year old portly producer screamed as a vivid pain shot up his arm. The iron grip she held him in now stretched his arm beyond its usual bounds. Without the bone that secured it tendon and muscle were all that kept it together, she could feel the skin and muscles tear under her fingers as the force of his fall slowly ripped the fibers that kept his arm attached to his body.

"God, run Kate run!" Screaming his message through pained gasps was all he could manage as he rolled back and forth on the ground, cradling his wounded arm.

"I can't run David! Someone planted a bomb under my seat! Jesus, why don't you take a second to ask about these things before you run around trying to play hero!" She looked down at him with anger in her eyes, he had nearly killed her, but still there was pity. He wasn't an evil man, just a spineless one. He'd gone far in life by doing jobs no one else cared to. His lack of backbone and inability to stand up for his own morals served others well. The HFF had few problems buying his loyalty, and from there those he hired in turn shared their values, but for all he'd done for them he was no bigot, only a coward.

The bomb slid into her hands, and with the last snipped wire it was freed from the pressure plate and unraveled from the ignition. The only triggering mechanism left was the bomb's internal level, so keeping it roughly centered would be key. Any sudden movements now would still trigger an explosion, but for the most part the danger was past. Connely sighed to herself, watching as she moved the bomb carefully away from the vehicle. As soon as Xae made it past the passenger's side door she slipped out of her own, pulling out her phone and calling for an ambulance.

Moments later the bomb was disarmed, the internal mechanisms for its activation destroyed. The blonde anchor just sighed once more, plopping back down into the driver's seat once more. "That was the most frightening experience I have ever been a part of, and I've covered wars, you know." She ran her fingers through her golden hair, leaning as far back in the seat as she could manage. "You know what, forget waiting for the ambulance and the police. I need a drink, and the last thing I want to do right now is be bogged down by incident reports. I don't care how wrong it is, let's go." She looked down at the unconscious Tember, starting the car even as he lay there unconscious, then glanced over at Xae. "You're still coming, right?"

*snap* *snap snap*

A telescopic lense in the distance stared down at the scene from its outset, each snapping of the device burning an image of the hero into its chemical core. "Now that's what I call an exclusive..." He smirked to himself, and as the freelancer descended from the rooftop above he pulled out a simple outdated cellphone, punching in a series numbers he'd memorized years ago. After the second ring they answered.
"Yeah, I didn't catch the explosion.
No, it's not 'cause I wasn't here on time, I was, but so was somebody else.
Nope.
No, not the Hawk, either. Better.
You know what? I'll just come show you. Trust me, you're gonna like what you see."

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@thecatalyst:

(I think I'd actually like to combine the two if you don't mind =). I'd like to deactivate the bomb and go to the bar but I think it would also be fun if someone was watching and snapped a few pictures. While I don't want her identity to become known globally, an organization trying to blackmail her or get to her through her identity could be fun.)

Edit: Do you want me to go ahead and post?

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asmodeus_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

(What can I do to make it easier for you to use him more? I think that sounds like a great idea)

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

(It's James Merrarn. He has contacts all over the place who look for anything he could use. And he personally looks for it as well. If he gets information about something or someone either personally or by a contact than I could enter him in. He will fight if need be but intends to mostly stay in the shadows watching to get information. Although it isn't public knowledge he does have some very useful capabilities. I'm going to set it up somewhere old so nobody notices except people I show.)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@thecatalyst:

Xae deactivated her armor with the snap of her fingers, returning once more to her usual attire as Gale. She crouched over the unconscious male's body. "He'll be ok, but just to be sure..." She removed a syringe from her personal medical kit and injected it into his arm. She put the device away and slid into the passenger seat of Connely's car, blissfully unaware of the dangerous information that was about to be used against her.

The injection was a small amount of self programming medical nano machines that would eventually learn David's biology and repair the damage done to his arm when she had thought him a potential attacker. Once they had done their work the machines would dissolve in his blood stream and leave no trace of their presence behind. It was the least she could do for him once she'd learned he wasn't an attacker.

"There's a difference between covering wars and being in them." Gale said with a nod as she put her seat belt into place. "Once people start actively trying to kill you the fear factor goes way up." She closed the door, ready to go. "I think you'll find the job I have to offer you is more rewarding...and less likely to produce bombs attached to your car or people shooting at you for that matter. How would you feel about a flight out to the island and a stay in our hotel, on us? I want you to be comfortable with a possible work environment before you say yes or no to the offer."

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By The_Catalyst

@gale_xanders: "A vacation on a privately owned island in one of the best hotels in the world? Yeah, there is no chance I'm passing up that offer." They pulled into the lot next to the bar, already a few minutes late. "I hope you're good to drive, because after all that's happened today I am not leaving this place under my own power. Come on, I'll show you around, introduce you to a few friends."

(Not sure if you want to RP the bar or skip ahead to the end of the night, where the subplot moves on)

@maverick_6: @asmodeus_prime:

A few more minutes passed, the light of the laptop automatically powering off after five minutes of remaining idle. Darkness enveloped the room, soft, steady breathing the only sound in the enclosed space.

(This will pick up in a separate event, but so far the only merc I've got is Gallows. Was kinda hoping more people would want to kill you, but it is what it is.)

"What do you think?"

"You act like we've got a choice."

The police helicopter ceased fire, the gunner dropping the rifle, letting it fall to his side as the pilot continued to track the mutant with the searchlight. Gunfire still rang out from down below as the gunner reached back and retrieved the radio, hailing those that just threatened them. "We've got a mutant down there, dangerous. He's already attacked a civilian, blowing out his car battery and dragging him into his home. He's lashed out at those in pursuit, is currently resisting arrest, and a failed attack on one officer has already resulted in the destruction of police property. You want to take responsibility for the lives of my guys down there, you go ahead, but if something happens to them because you stopped me from doing my job, I will hold you and your organization responsi--"

A flash of electricity, reminiscent of lightning. I'm pretty proud of it actually. It arcs just where I want it, hitting the searchlight, supercharging the bulb and shedding a lot more light on me, for a quarter second at least before it finally blows out. I let go of Ms. Henderson's car battery as I take off, the cops on the ground are still hot in pursuit. Didn't know pigs could run so fast. That's when I hear it, the chopper above starts spinning out of control. I know I didn't hit it hard enough to do that, least, I don't think I did. I swear I only hit it with enough to take out the light, hit it in just the right spot, but the spinning blades coming down on Mrs. Gomez's roof tell me I'm wrong, the literal trail of destruction it leaves as it skids along the ground tells me I fluffed up.

I can't help but watch. I'm frozen there for the better part of a minute, just watching, listening as the fire grows, hitting the tank, a huge ball of flame erupting over the remains of my neighbor's house, spreading over to mine. I did that. A shot hits my shoulder, it burns like shit. I didn't know the cops used tracers, the worst part is that it hits bone, sticks in there good. Hurts like a bitch. I take off again, turning back to shoot another bolt at the fluffer that shot me, but I can't. I thought I had decent control over all this, but maybe... maybe I don't. I just run, like I used to back before I got these "gifts". I can't climb shit with a bullet in my shoulder, so I tackle through Jenson's crappy wooden fence. It splinters on the first try and I smash right through it, but I slammed into it with my bad shoulder. Stupid. I can hear bullets whiz by, hell I can see some of them, they're burning a bright fluffing red, but I know this part of town better than anyone. I run across the road, past some hedges breaking sight, and into a drainage ditch that goes under the road. I go in, crawling to the other side as I hear them run past. Starting to feel woozy, I watch the blood draining from my shoulder, and its around this time that I start wishing I'd worn some fluffing sleeves.

"That what I think it was?"
"You know it."
The two nodded solemnly to eachother, each secretly hoping this moment would not come, no matter its importance. The pilot pulls allows the controls to drift, eventually pulling a hard right and sending the chopper spinning out of control in a convincing simulation of control loss as he broadcasts his final moments. "Some sort of electrical failure, controls aren't responding! Going down!" The gunner jumps from the spinning machine, slamming hard into the ground. Two broken legs and a few fractured ribs, but he'd live. The pilot dying on impact, taking Mr. and Mrs. Gomez, one of their two infant sons and their seven year old daughter with him. Lying face up on the ground, Sergeant Gold, the chopper's gunner, can't help but shed a few tears for his lost brother in law. They'd known what they'd have to do from the outset, but it didn't dull the pain. Sacrifices had to be made. His mind drifted back to his sister, her empty eyes staring up at him, her throat slashed to the point that her head hung by the skin of her neck. Drifted back to her infant son, gutted in his crib, intestines spread over room. The hate still burned hot inside him, but so did the grief of their loss.

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst:

(Gale here, I want to start bringing this character back, hope you don't mind. If you do let me know.)

Solaris was only passing through when the helicopter went down. She'd been doing a lot of soul searching since Spain. She'd spent so much time telling herself not to get involved in human affairs only to stand by and watch Spain burn. She wondered every day what she could have done, how many lives she could have saved. She hesitated above the scene of the wrecked helicopter, her eyes staring down in the raging inferno that was once a house in disbelief. You could have stopped that...but you just let it happen, just like Spain... She had, she could have stopped it, thrown it clear of the house but it was a human affair, not a global threat so she had let it go. Now looking down into the house all she felt was yet more regret.

No Caption Provided

She was a slow burning star, slow to anger and slow to respond to anger...but eventually every sentient being could be pushed too far, even an ancient living star. Fire burned in her eyes, the fire of a star hundreds of times hotter than the sun. She'd seen the whole thing, the fake crash, everything. She went from hovering to landing in an instant, her feet slamming into the ground just inches from the helicopter gunner. She looked down at him with slow boiling rage. They say the frightening person isn't the one that angers easily, but the one that angers over time, that has the control to reign it in and suddenly loses it.

An aura of golden fury glowed around her right hand. "You...you pathetic...pitiful little creature! You just...you..." It was difficult to form her thoughts clearly, her ancient mind was a raging inferno of anger and most of it, if she were honest with herself, was directed at herself, not at him. The more she lost control, the brighter her hand glowed, the aura around it now hot enough that the molecules of air actually began to vaporize near her hand.

"I'm so tired of watching people like you kill the innocent!" She screamed at him and grabbed a hold of him with her non-glowing hand. She lifted him up off the ground and held up at eye level. The sunglasses she wore to keep people from going blind were dangerously close to melting. "I have stood by for too long!" She turned him to face the burning house. "This is your fault, you killed these people, innocent lives cut short for a political agenda, you're pathetic, your little, short life is wasted in the pursuit of killing others for someone else's agenda!" She sat him in a yard swing that was somehow still intact, even in her rage not willing to cause unnecessary pain as she stared at him. "TELL ME IT WAS WORTH IT!"

She didn't really know if she was telling him...or herself...and he could see the conflict on her face, her anger was obviously directed at herself as much as him, if not more so.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarius: (nah I don't mind at all, and if it's okay with you I'll move on the the end of the night for Connely/Xae's interactions.)

The sergeant looked up at her, unblinking. He groaned in pain as she lifted him from the ground, his legs scraping the ground, sending painful jolts up and down his nerves. He stared into her sunglasses, seeing himself reflected in their sheen. "I don't know what you're talking about lady, but I can tell you that the guy you should really be after took off that way. He's the one that brought down the chopper, not me." He nodded in the direction Holmes had run in, his right hand hanging low by his thigh, slowly unbuckling the pistol from the holster strapped there. "Let's just calm down..." His hand settled on the grip. "I don't want any more trouble tonight." It was unsettling, seeing someone as powerful as her so thoroughly unhinged, and he could guess what was coming next. He prepared himself, any sudden moves on her part, any further threat to his being, and he'd pull the pistol on her, firing at point blank range, consequences be damned.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst:

He couldn't have known just how little she thought of him in that moment or how useless his gun would prove to be if he did pull it. "I saw what happened, I know what you did. That electrical blast couldn't have possibly downed the helicopter. You're lucky I don't believe in killing people." She was frustrated beyond belief, there was nothing she could do to this man short of killing him that would bring him to justice. She understood the corruption within law enforcement had to run deep for someone like him to be able to do what he'd done.

She glanced upward at the sound of another helicopter, this one a news vehicle. They were now recording the interaction and probably playing it on live television. Solaris didn't care at all about public opinion but doing something rash now wasn't going to help anything, despite her frustration and anger. The burning fuel in the shattered remains of the house posed a threat to the greater community as a whole and there was no one present that could stop it from spreading...except for a living star.

Channeling some of that anger she pointed her glowing hand at the helicopter and released a beam of pure nuclear fusion, the radiant energy of a star burst from her hand, instantly ionizing the air around it and vaporizing the water particles. When it struck the helicopter there was no further detonation, the massive heat from her beam simply reduced it to its base molecules and turned the whole blazing house into a bubbling hole in the ground. She determined the fire department could take care of the regular fire that had spread from the house now that the fuel had been reduced to vapor and particles.

Solaris turned her attention back to the sergeant and leaned in, whispering into his ear. "I could unravel your life...but I'm better than you. One day you're going to regret what you've done here when you're short little life is coming to a close and you are laying on your death bed. I'm going to be there to watch you bed for forgiveness." Solaris released him and began to walk away from the scene, following his suggestion and going after the wounded mutant who had just escaped the police. She had no intention of harming him, but she did want to get him out of the situation if she could. She had little fear of the police sergeant and his pistol, her skin was impervious to such weaponry.

No Caption Provided

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmodeus_prime: @gale_xanders: @solarius:

This is Action Chopper 6, hovering above Jefferson and 39th where a police pursuit of Jefferey Holmes, known mutant criminal, has resulted in the destruction of hundreds of thousands of dollars of police property. Worse yet Holmes appears to have sent a policce helicopter crashing into the residential area of Jefferson and 39th, no word yet on the casualt--

Holy--! It appears yet another mutant has arrived on the scene, destroying the house and the downed helicopter, any hope of finding survivors... Jesus...

I see it, a burning light engulfing their house. Mr. and Mrs. Gomez... if they were alive before they sure as hell aren't now. I try not to think about it, but I can't help it.

They moved in seven years ago, I was ten then. My dad introduced me to them when they moved in, we met formally at the barbecue they invited us to on the first day they finally finished unpacking. We hit it off great, I listed all the trivia I knew about Mexico, some of it admittedly pretty damn ignorant, still they didn't hold it against me. Mrs. Gomez brought out some flan at the end of the night, I loved it. She made some for me every birthday we had, every Christmas...

I was there when Sandra was born, babysat her, taught her a few of the more colorful words she ever knew...

Then came the twins, and my powers. They were naturally hesitant to let me back into their lives, I couldn't blame them, but in the end their better nature won out. Sandy was so happy...

Now... Now they were gone. Bubbling rubble. That's all that was left. My knees give out, and I sink into the mud below. I can hear footsteps above me, the beams illuminating the area around me. I scoot silently under the road, hoping they'll pass over me, miss me, somehow. My shoulders are shaking, I barely notice the tears streaming down my face. I can't see, it's all a blur, but I can hear them coming. Somebody drops down, their footsteps stick in the mud, the squelching sound comes closer. I blink the tears out of my eyes, my teeth clench, and I can feel it building up inside me, that old rage. It courses through my arm, my nerves light up, and I can literally see the electricity travel along my arm, follow its path along the biological branches. I'm ready, ready to go out swinging.

Connely stumbled out of the bar. Toast after toast had been made honoring her and the staff for their collective integrity, her bright future, and Gale Xanders, for her assistance in finding Kate another job so soon after she was dismissed. They drank and shared memories, some happy, others bitter, but at last the night came to an end. The majority of the staff hailed cabs, a few of the younger patrons utilizing their smart phones to summon rides. Connely simply walked out with Gale, inebriated beyond what many would consider proper for a woman of her age and standing.

"You know, they're, they're all good guys. Good at what they do, too. You should, you should hire them too. They're the best, really, really the best..."

And as that final drunken sentence slurred from her lips, she nodded off, collapsing into the passenger's seat, leaving Gale to drive her 2003 Prius. There was a GPS device installed, in case she needed directions. More curious than the old car or the cheap GPS system however was a plain manila folder left on the driver's seat of the vehicle. Inside were a slew of photographs capturing everything from Gale Xanders to Xae, transformation and all. Inside was a letter addressed to no one, detailing the address of an internet cafe, currently closed, along with instructions to abandon the vehicle and proceed directly to the site alone. There were no written threats, just the pictures and instructions, the consequences of disobedience abundantly clear.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst:

Leave her alone? Fat chance. Gale thought. She put the images back in their little container and drove to the airport. Once there she gently moved the unconscious reporter to her private plane and left instructions for her to be taken to Jurassic World and put in a nice room with a message that Gale would be along later on. Once this was done and only once this was done, she parked the car and left it. She took the folder with the images and walked to the internet cafe. She didn't bother putting on her armor, not yet anyway. If these people wanted to ambush her there were better ways to do it. No more likely they intend to blackmail you. It was only a matter of time before someone figured something out. Now it's just a matter of limiting the damage. Gale slipped through the door into the internet cafe.

"Your cameraman should be commended, these pictures are excellent quality." She said and tossed the folder onto the nearest table while she waited for someone to come and interact with her. She stood completely at ease, if they decided to make some sort of violent move they would find the prospect of fighting a seemingly unarmed soldier with thousands of years of experience and sixty five million years of killer instinct was a less exciting prospect than they might have believed otherwise.

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst:

It never occurred to Solaris to go through the motions of looking for survivors, she'd already known the people inside were dead, their bodies were too fragile to survive a helicopter smashing through their house and catching on fire. As good of a person as Solaris might be, she was terrible with the media and even the idea of popularity or public relations. Most facts about human society eluded her significantly. The other thing she hadn't counted on...being attacked the moment she sought to connect with the poor mutant running from the 'police.' The swing of his electrified fist caught her completely by surprise and his fist met the side of her face. The force of the impact drove her back a step and twisted her head to the side a little.

Fortunately Solaris was all but immune to physical damage so long as she was not cut off from the sun for an extended period of time. The fist did nothing to hurt her and thankfully, neither did the immense amounts of electricity that channeled through her body after the impact. Solaris brushed some dirt off the side of her face as the electricity found its way to the ground, there was no true internal biology to suffer damage, the living star had a shell of a body, completely and totally useful in any way she needed it to be but devoid of most internal organs. True she could change that on a whim but she'd never had a reason to and now certainly wasn't the time.

"Please don't do that again..." Solaris said. "My name is Solaris...I'm here to help you...I know what those people did." Solaris stood with her hands on her hips, light gleaming from the golden stripe and star symbols on her outfit as she struct her most natural heroic pose...one she'd taken from reading comic books and watching comic book movies.

No Caption Provided

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarius: @thecatalyst:

"Hmmm. Who to blame first? The incompetent military, or sun-god who think she has an idea of what she's doing?"

No Caption Provided

Jackal wondered expression calm as he speed onto the seen, sprinting past and outpacing an ambulance and other emergency services on the scene. His feet drawing sparks as he made a sharp turn, his superhuman body not boasting any particular immunity to the laws of inertia as he skidded along the concrete into a drift, before dashing forth into the desired direction once he'd achieved proper orientation.

As other vehicles turned, Jackal hoped fences in single bounds and then promptly leap 50 or so meters into the air to hop over a house, landing with a roll to diminish damage as he arrived. Soon he arrived towards the scene, a smoldering mess.

"This is all on you, ya know. Should have left this to us. Now look at you." He spat towards the broken legged gunner. "Ineffective, inefficient. This is exactly why you shouldn't have engaged him in the chopper. Should've just let us take him down. Maybe, a bit more, I dunno, quietly then firing a few hundred rounds into a residetial neighborhood. A .50 cal can ricochet off dirt. Seven point six two coming in at least 3000 R-P-M? Boy oh boy. That medical bill might be the least of your concern of what you gotta pay." He walked without pause, spoke without too. His back already to the man as he walked him by, paramedics already moving him over and onto a stretcher.

Fucking amateurs.

His eyes wander, before his visor flicks onto his face, enabling him a wider view of the electromagnetic spectrum as he scans the area for thermal signatures, his hawk like eyes in tandem with high tech apparatus catching the thermal footprints of two in particular.

"Heya sunshine. Ever occur to you that someone might be alive in there? Or maybe, they kinda want something to put into a casket? A more "official" type of cremation. But I guess now we'll never fucking know. You read a bunch comics, I take it? Maybe next time, try looking for survivors." He hissed towards her. His eyes then going towards the mutant she was attempting to help.

"I'm gonna need to place you under arrest. Let's make this easy, huh? I don't want trouble." His eyes were weary, distrusting of either. If they made a move, he had to be prepared to react.

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

(your characters love hating on mine, lol).

Asmodeus_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: @solarius:

Her lips were moving, but the blood pounding in my ears, everything that's happened today, I'm beyond listening, the words don't even register, at least not right away. "You, you destroyed that house, didn't you?" My heart's pounding at a million beats a second. If they didn't show up, if they hadn't tried to pin all this crap on me, none of this would have happened, Sandy would still be here, hell, she might still be here if this bit*h hadn't gone nuclear on her house. "I don't need your help. They didn't need YOUR HELP!" Then I see him as he comes waltzing in, him, the bastard from the march.

The anger only builds in me, to the point where it's all instinct now, lashing out like this. I can feel it building behind me, the energy from the power cables up above, I can see it as it arcs down to join my spine, my nerves lighting up at the sensation, and I strike, launching the power I've gathered, a bolt as thick as my arm, it splits according to my will, dual arcs peeling off toward the two of them. The blast rocks my body, it feels good to let it all out, all that anger taking physical form.

What I didn't account for was all the racket afterwards. The boom of thunder knocks me back, shaking my bones, deafening me. My vision is literally shaking as I rise, the ringing in my ears doing fluff all for my awareness. By now my secret's out, the bacon bunch probably saw that from miles away, I know they heard it, and that's just fine. Let them come, I'll give 'em something to arrest me for.

As Gale dropped the inebriated reporter off at the airport her phone lit up, an image posted on the Jurassic World social media site. It was one of the pictures of her before transformation, standing by Kate Connely's vehicle. The caption simply read "The CEO's been busy." Some might infer that she'd been sexually active with another woman, others that she'd been promoting the park to a somewhat prominent news anchor, if they knew who Connely was, but Gale knew the truth was far more sinister.

When she finally arrived the cafe was dark, lit in the corner by a single laptop, a portly individual seated in front of it. Beyond this the room was silent, entirely dark. She could not see his face, but there was a message for her typed up on the screen: "Welcome", from where she was standing that was all she could see, but there were clearly other applications open beneath the open window. The keyboard, an advanced, expensive touch screen, lay before her, the mouse pad made of the same material.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

(You said Prometheus. And what more is that close examination reveals there actually seemed to be someone alive in there. But the characters will never know. That is the tragic part :P)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@maverick_6:

(Oh what the fluff?! That post was less than half done when my phone went to a other site and somehow it posted? Deleting. I'll post later when I'm home on a real computer. I view the tragic part as the part where people are almost always jerks to the nicest character in the cvnu)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Maverick_6

@gale_xanders:

(Make it pretty easy when you blow up a house before someone can look for survivors. She treats a relatively accident like garenteed death. People respond accordingly, even if she is nice :) Ultra powerful person who makes mistakes, can't be punished for it either really. It makes people like Jackal and Jeffery furious.)

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TimeSiphon

@maverick_6:

(That's not her, that's me because my understanding was that it crashes into the house and then all but explodes. This is like the third time one of my characters that would never do something was made to look like a callous jerk because I apparently misread a post.I guess I have a lot more to do to that character now since I have to figure out how she's going to reconcile apparently killing people.)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon:

(Well. It does crash. People die. But no mention of an explosion. And the statement

"The pilot dying on impact, taking Mr. and Mrs. Gomez, one of their two infant sons and their seven year old daughter with him."

Implies one infant son lived.

Even if the house was set on fire, Jackal's response would be the same based on the fact that people have survived worse and she acts their death was certain.)

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Yikes, everything okay guys? If it's a really big problem I can edit out the survivor, though it makes little difference. Nobody can tell for sure if there were or weren't any.)

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst: @maverick_6

(No its fine I'm just really frustrated with myself.)

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon: (Gotcha. Well Jeff is just overwhelmed, so if he survives this he might forgive you. Though with Jack around that seems unlikely.)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon: @thecatalyst:

(Yeah. That is the thing I like. Nobody knows. Everyone is speculating.

None of my characters are going to say "you killed a child"

They just will say "good chance of survivors")

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(The question is if Solaris will forgive herself. She blames herself for EVERYTHING that happened in Spain.)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst:

The man had begun to cackle, sparks arcing through the air as he began to prepare. His rage building, anger that was all too familiar as Jackal remembered who this man was. What he was. His frown slowly shifted into a subtle smile, his mood uplifted. It was difficult for anyone to see. A camera without perfect quality would never be able to make such an expression so close to a poker face.

The aired roared in his face as something struck him faster than he was capable of reacting to. Perhaps, if it was Bradshaw, he would have long anticipated this attack and gunned him down before he had the chance to contemplate shooting him. But he was not the Ultimate Infantryman or seemingly Maverick's greatest mutant hunter. But he is ENCU and this is what he deals with. Simply, he saw fit to do nothing as the sparks went towards him at speeds of mach 224,000 miles per hour, 290 times the speed of sound. One hundred and forty times faster than a Blackbird. He just let it happen, rather than attempted to fight the inevitable.

He stood there, a few arcs sparking along along his blade and sheath, his body however seemingly having a smoky mist emanating from it for a moment and then, nothing more. His feet scraped back. But, he looked up towards him. Blinking once, as he spoke.

"Yowza."

It was loud. Windows shattered from 120 Decibel noises, but Jackal was accustomed to taking grenades to face with over 200 Decibels. What is more? His extreme resistance to thermal damage, bordering on immunity. Capable of walking through plasma weaponry and shrugging off being close to the vicinity of nukes, he was no stranger to high temperatures. His starlite coating enabled him to be all but unphazed by all but prolonged exposure to nuclear temperatures. The environment around him was harmed. The ground melted and was smoldering as he walked through it. But he, was not harmed. Such attacks were very ineffective against him. Rather than high caliber kinetics.

"Feelin' better now, Jeffery?" Jackal walked forth, unaffected by her (@solarius) radiant heat. "Hope so." A grin crawled on his face as he sought to do what was nicknamed "a flash step." He'd dash forward at seemingly incomprehensible speed, a blur at best before human reflexes and if done correctly, nearly invisible as he take a step and move behind Jeffery.

From there, he'd grab him and put him a rear naked choke, seeking to take advantage of his disorientation. To wrap his arms around his neck and put him in a hold that in most cage fights would simply mean the end. Jackal knew well how to do it, bulging biceps only using a minor amount of his strength. Strength to tear through steel and concrete with his bare hands. Designed to allow him to take class one hundreds and rip them limb from limb. A chasis hard enough to withstand pressures present within the core the earth. However, his objective was not to break his neck, or even suffocate him.

If successful, the hold would cut the blood flow from his carotid arteries. Choking someone out through suffocation of the wind pipe would 30 seconds or so. To cut off blood flow of the head would down any man in perhaps five seconds. Twelve, and they would die. Jackal sought to hold him for perhaps seven at best, wishing to render him non-lethally unconscious.

"Shush." He would whisper into his ears gently. "Go to sleep." He would say softly, a face almost like something gentler.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: @solarius:

Her lips were moving, but the blood pounding in my ears, everything that's happened today, I'm beyond listening, the words don't even register, at least not right away. "You, you destroyed that house, didn't you?" My heart's pounding at a million beats a second. If they didn't show up, if they hadn't tried to pin all this crap on me, none of this would have happened, Sandy would still be here, hell, she might still be here if this bit*h hadn't gone nuclear on her house. "I don't need your help. They didn't need YOUR HELP!" Then I see him as he comes waltzing in, him, the bastard from the march.

The anger only builds in me, to the point where it's all instinct now, lashing out like this. I can feel it building behind me, the energy from the power cables up above, I can see it as it arcs down to join my spine, my nerves lighting up at the sensation, and I strike, launching the power I've gathered, a bolt as thick as my arm, it splits according to my will, dual arcs peeling off toward the two of them. The blast rocks my body, it feels good to let it all out, all that anger taking physical form.

What I didn't account for was all the racket afterwards. The boom of thunder knocks me back, shaking my bones, deafening me. My vision is literally shaking as I rise, the ringing in my ears doing fluff all for my awareness. By now my secret's out, the bacon bunch probably saw that from miles away, I know they heard it, and that's just fine. Let them come, I'll give 'em something to arrest me for.

As Gale dropped the inebriated reporter off at the airport her phone lit up, an image posted on the Jurassic World social media site. It was one of the pictures of her before transformation, standing by Kate Connely's vehicle. The caption simply read "The CEO's been busy." Some might infer that she'd been sexually active with another woman, others that she'd been promoting the park to a somewhat prominent news anchor, if they knew who Connely was, but Gale knew the truth was far more sinister.

When she finally arrived the cafe was dark, lit in the corner by a single laptop, a portly individual seated in front of it. Beyond this the room was silent, entirely dark. She could not see his face, but there was a message for her typed up on the screen: "Welcome", from where she was standing that was all she could see, but there were clearly other applications open beneath the open window. The keyboard, an advanced, expensive touch screen, lay before her, the mouse pad made of the same material.

Gale approached the computer and shook her head. She sent a message through her phone to her security people to scrub the image from their website after receiving a text informing her it was there. She had people monitoring every facet of the park's security at all times, including their webpage and social media links. It would take them a little time to scrub the image but she wasn't overly concerned with it. If people wanted to gossip there was nothing she could do to stop that. She ran her fingers over the provided keyboard in thought for a moment. Humans...always so eager to dive head first into something they don't understand. Very well, let's see what they think they want.

What?

She didn't threaten them or posture, a true predator, a natural predator...knew that posturing was the surest sign of unsteady ground. Gale could get to victory the long way round if she had to and was not frightened by a bunch of mammals running around pretending to be predators. They've officially gotten in over their heads, they just don't know it yet. I wasn't going to interfere with this political non-sense but now you've gone and dragged me into it anyway.

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst: @maverick_6

Perhaps on another day after a different series of events Solaris would have shrugged off the verbal abuse...but not today. Jackal's words were like a knife wound to the chest...but The Electrician's? He may as well have driven a knife into her back and twisted it. Solaris did nothing to defend herself, the electrical blast sent her flying backward and crashing into the muddy ground. Steam rose around her, water instantly transferred to vapor by the ambient heat that surrounded the angered living star. She slowly pushed herself to her feet, unharmed by the electrical blast. Steam rose around her body like a cloud and the mud that had clung to her clothing turned to vapor to join it, the soil pulverized by unimaginable heat. Solaris didn't know how to respond, she didn't even know if she were more angry or hurt.

Solaris, the Living Star, the Girl Scout...all she ever wanted to do was help people, to show them that killing wasn't the answer and that the constant wars among themselves would eventually destroy them. She was old yes, very old, almost as old as the universe itself in fact...but there was no lonelier person in all of existence. Solaris had spent billions of years watching a dead world orbit around her. Oh yes, it had been populated once by a people not unlike Humans. She had been an over joyed mother at their successes and a distraught parent at their failures. As a star there was only so much she could do, a well placed solar flare could do a great deal of damage but she wasn't supposed to intervene in the natural evolution of a species. So she watched the only company she ever had, the only people she had ever loved, destroy themselves. She was helpless to stop them and their corpses orbited her frame for billions of years, a mocking grave stone to her inability to act.

When her first life cycle had finally ended and the Living Star was able to take a different form she had searched the stars for a new species and found Humanity. On Earth she saw a world and a people much like the ones she had once called her children. She also saw in them a similar future and swore that now she would intervene, old laws be damned. She had taken a physical form chosen as a variant of the many heroes they broadcast in movies and on television. She read comic books, watched movies and even listened to audio dramas to learn how to model her appearance, how to speak their languages (Solaris could speak any human language, a little known fact) and how to protect them from themselves. There was one final rule she applied to herself though, she swore never to intervene in human politics, only to protect them from terrorists and aliens.

When she watched Spain happen it was like her first life cycle all over again. She had hovered high above and looked down on a land awash in blood. Her fury burned bright, some particularly watchful people may have noticed the presence of a second star in the sky that day and a lighter than usual night. She watched over them, watched them die...watched as war tore a nation to shreds. Solaris had not acted because it was an internal political matter. She had sworn away from such things, told herself they weren't her area to intervene because she was not Human herself. Yet as she watched, her anger grew and grew, not at the people doing the killing but at herself, at her stupid rule. She could have stopped it and she knew it and instead she let a miniature version of her own species play itself out in Spain and felt the same horrible pains all over again...only this time she hadn't been helpless...she had chosen to make herself helpless.

Today, staring at the two as they struggled with one another, with their words still burning in her mind...Solaris felt something break. Solaris stepped forward for the first time in far too long. "Release him." She ordered, her voice echoed strangely. "I saw everything, he did nothing wrong, if he is guilty of anything it is destroying a spot light." Though she spoke calmly, there was something to her posture, something different about the way her voice came across. The Living Star was furious, a barely contained ball of pure anger and that anger was directed at the most dangerous individual at all, herself. I will not allow this to happen, I will never stand by again. Solaris always held back, she had to and she chose to. She modeled her behavior off of the most famous comic book heroes of all, the boy scout, the Last Son of Ypton, Ultimate Man...she always held back because she had sworn to never kill. She had seen enough death in her life time. More often than not though people mistook holding back as her not having more power. Her hands glowed with an aura of nuclear power and the light in her eyes was now visible even behind her sunglasses. The reinforced heat resistance glasses would not likely last much longer if she didn't vent some of her frustration. Her hands though did not glow because she was angry, they glowed because she was preparing to take action if it was necessary. She knew that Jackal was more machine than man and it didn't take much to disable even the greatest of machines. Heat...the worst enemy of all electronic devices and she had it in abundance. The ground at her feet was shimmering in the heat, the cement that made up the drain pipe they stood in was a melted pool of slag where she stood.

"Please let him go." She asked Jackal nicely. "I will give you all the evidence you need as to his innocence but I will not let you arrest an innocent man. The men in that helicopter chose to crash it into the house, think about it...When is the last time you saw the police use that much force to bring down one individual? When is the last time you saw them firing a fifty caliber weapon into a populated neighborhood from a helicopter? You know something is wrong. I've ready every police manual in production, the police in the United States do not use that kind of force in a neighborhood unless there is a much greater threat, certainly they don't do it because one man was killed. If anything they would only use the helicopter to maintain visual while they pursued in their cruisers. Think what you want of me, but that boy is innocent. You saw what he's capable of doing, yet he chose to run." She looked at Jackal for a moment..."Would you run if you knew you could kill them all?"

No Caption Provided
Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Maverick_6

I'll wait and give the catalyst a chance to reply.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By The_Catalyst

@maverick_6: @gale_xanders: @solarius:

(Sorry guys, went out for some Vietnamese food, food poisoning. Power through, power through!)

My ears are ringing, I can feel the blood dripping out of them, I can barely stand. I feel my way along the wall, holding on for balance. Then I feel it, a cold arm wrapping around my neck. My heart's already pounding, and as he squeezes the pounding in my head gets worse. My teeth are clenched like a vice, I can hear the power surging up above as the spots start to swim across my eyes. This is my only chance, my vision's already going black, so I

fall unconscious. The oxygen stopped flowing to his brain for long enough to squeeze him unconscious, the body slumping in the Jackal's arms. He slid off the front of his chest, falling wherever Maverick's mechanical man-slayer chose to leave him. He blacked out into a mercifully dreamless slumber.

Below the "Welcome" message were a few simple instructions, to ignore the body of David Tember sitting in the seat before the laptop (a favor to her, ensuring his silence lest he spread her secret, or so it said), and to find the last window open, the one with information on a dummy bank account, set up using credentials belonging to one of the many Militia members long since disconnected from society. There was already an amount set, 750 million Euros, to be transferred as soon as she input her information.

There was a simple prompt on the screen, along with a variety of windows whose contents were less than familiar to her: articles on Jurassic World's shareholders, prominent investors, and a few members of Congress, several links pertaining to one Senator Keates of the United States Senate. A variety of miscellaneous information was open, though its significance was unknown.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatalyst:

So bloody obvious. Humans...Gale shook her head and looked down at the corpse and sighed. "I'm sorry." She told him, not that he could hear her now. She pushed the chair containing the corpse away and slid a new one over and took a seat in front of the laptop. She looked through every single open window, read every file available to her and wrote it down on paper to take with her. She memorized as much of it as she could as well just in case something happened to the paper. If they thought she was going to be like their other black mail targets, they were sorely mistaken. Senator Keates...I may need to go pay you a visit. Gale knew there was no point in trying to race anything now, they would have kept their tracks too clean to this stage, the key was in getting them to make a mistake and with humans...All that takes is a little time.

Well aware they probably had at least one camera on her right now she put her written notes into a pocket carefully along with the notepad she always carried with her, it was one of those short little pocket pads with a matching pen and she'd mostly filled it with the information on the screen. She had written one last thing out and taped it to the webcam on the laptop. It was a note, nice and neat and very clear. I didn't care about you until today. It was less posturing and more making them aware. She wanted them to know they had already made one mistake and soon they would make another, it was just a matter of time. Gale pulled out her smart phone and entered a text message and hit send. Just in case there were cameras on her and watching her phone the message was in her native language, a native language no one could translate but her. Gale brought up an APP on her phone and removed her note from the camera. She held the phone up so they could see she had set up the process required to transfer the money and only had to hit send. "Don't poke the predator through its cage." She told them and hit send.

Gale stood up out of her chair. "One more thing..." Gale said. "Touch Jurassic World again, even just its webpages, and it won't matter what you tell the world about me. This is between you and I and no one else."

I'm going to enjoy watching your members bleed out on the floor, twitching in their own vomit and intestinal fluids. True Gale had paid them what they demanded but it was part of her developing plan, she would play the part of the blackmailed CEO and one day they would make the mistake she needed to kill every single high ranking member of their little group. Unlike the Humans that made up Humans First, Gale had time on her side...a great deal of it.