Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cassius_knightfall:

A letter of return arrives to Cassius. If opened, it says:

???????,

?? ??? ????? ?? ???? ???'?? ???????? ???'?? ??????? ??????????. ???? ???? ??? ???? ???????? ??? ?????, ??? ?? ???? ??????? ?? ?????? ???????. ?? ??? ???? ?????? ???'?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ????? ?? ???? ??. ?????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ? ????? ????? ?? ?????????? ?? ???'?? ????.

???????,

???????

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402  Edited By ParagonxXx

@damon_ford

Keira pushes up her glasses with her index finger as she listens to him. Good reasons on the surface, but she's not buying it. There must be other reasons, deeper ones. Rich men like him always have a reason other than simply helping others. She decides to test his dedication and weather or not he's serious in helping her fund this team. She leans back in her chair, looking almost bored, "Come now, Mr. Ford. No one wants to help out of the goodness of their hearts, everyone has a hidden motive. And if it's not a hidden motive, it's something else." She trails the tip of her finger on the table, glancing down at it before looking Damon right in the eyes, "It could be any number of reasons, could be anything. You wouldn't be helping this team, to offer your funds, if you didn't get some benefit out of it."

Putting her fingers to each hand, Keira places her elbows on the table as she eyes him with a keen intelligence, almost suspicious. This is his test. Will he act offended to cover up his reasons, taking back his offer to fund the team, or at least threaten to? However, will Damon admit the real reason why he wants to fund this team? No one's that much of a saint. To help simply to help.

There are exceptions to the rule, of course. Keira knows there are people out there who help simply because they want to, asking for nothing in return. But is Damon Ford among them? Depending on how he answers and how he handles Keira's personal test. Her numerous enhanced senses tune into his heart beat, his breathing and a million other things to try and detect if his future answer is a lie.

"What is the real reason you want to help fund this team, Mr. Ford?"

wild cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By wild cat

@superion_prime:

Wildcat's eyes widened in awe. His jaw dropped before turning into a full blown smile. "This is crazy!" The Veteran Vigilante exclaimed, completely amazed by how accurate Superion was able to replicate his world famous gym to the most minute of details. From memory no less.

"What was your father's name?" Wildcat inquired, walking through the artificially recreated Wildcat's Boxing Gym, still in awe.

"As for the fight." Ted responded, pausing momentarily before continuing. "It's one of my own, actually. One of the few fights I've lost. I've watched that fight hundreds of times and oh boy, I don't know how he did it. But he was always one step ahead of me!"

(OOC- Hey Para, sorry it took this long. I was wondering, did you have an alt whose father was a boxer as well?)

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wild_cat: (OOC: Tis okay my friend. ^_^ I had an NPC, yes. Paragon and Superion's own father. Nathan Hawke. ^_^)

Before Superion can answer Ted's question on who his father's name is, he hears what the famous pugilist says next. His heart skips a beat because Lucas remembers watching that fight on TV when it happened. The greatest match of his father's career and Nathan trained harder for that fight than he ever did any other. He studied Ted like crazy, hoping to spot a weakness in his style. Twelve grueling rounds in a fight that would be labeled as the Fight of the Century! It broke viewing records.

A lump forms in his throat before Lucas clears it, "Nathan 'Thunderfist' Hawke, my own father." IF Ted shows surprise, then Superion smiles at that, "They called him Thunderfist on account of how hard he could hit and an iron chin that kept him on his feet better than most." Superion speaks proudly of him, but with a touch of sadness.

"More than any other fight, Dad talked more about that one than he did any other. He taught me everything he knew, my sister too." Superion now waits for Ted's reaction.

wild cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By wild cat

@superion_prime:

"Thunderfist!" Wildcat exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement and surprise. "Oh, that's right. You're a Hawke too. Just didn't think you were related to him. Your old man was a hell of a fighter." Ted added, dropping a pair of gloves that served as fight memorabilia that was also replicated in the training room to face Superion.

"I can vouch for that title. Your old man could crack! But he wasn't all power and chin. He was a truly skilled boxer. One of the best, maybe the best one I've fought!" Ted continued, praising Nathan before he noticed Superion's demeanor change. Sadness managed to creep up to the JLA's mighty leader momentarily.

"I think and talk about that fight more than others as well. But for the exact opposite reason. Nathan kicked my ass" The Pugilistic Powerhouse joked, trying to lighten the mood.

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wild_cat:

Lucas chuckles a bit as he sees him barely contain his excitement. But the joke successfully lightens the mood and he smiles at him, "Dad respected you a lot, Ted. His only regret was he never tried to get to know you as a friend. Things just kept getting in the way." And now Nathan never will since the man is dead. Killed from Nemesis's attack on Metro City some months back.

But enough about that, he glances around and he eyes him up. "You know, I could put a power dampening collar on me. Put us on even ground. You could show me a few moves if you want?"

Damon_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By Damon_Ford

@paragonxxx

"So, Ms, Hawke. Are you willing to change the world with me?"

"Exceptional intelligance, very"

Ford amused himself, lapping the spherical table with the gaze of a hawk. Coming to a halt with his on-going stare, Ford firmly gripped one of the twelve chairs' base, suffocating it till the air within was no more. "The real reason?" He paused, diverting his gaze from Kiera in a forceful fashion, "the real reason I want to help you all is, not for the better of the group, but the better of the world."His Spaniard voice echoed throughout the hollow halls of the base, "you may seem that what I say is hallow, yes?" He questioned to only himself before returning Kiera with his hawkish grin, "Well that is only partly true."

"See. This world we live in, is full of supers. Whether they be friend or foe, they're out there. And not always will us "supers" be there to save everyone, no matter how fast nor strong. Though I want to change that, what I can't accomplish myself, I will do together, as allies."

"So, Ms, Hawke. Are you willing to change the world with me?"

I am very sorry for the delay, my schedule isn't getting any better, LOL

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By ParagonxXx

As Keira listens to him, she can detect no lies. If he can hide his true intentions from even her senses, then it's pretty impressive but the CEO of Hawke Industries believes that Damon is telling the truth. And if Keira is being honest with herself, she needs the help. Allowing him to be her business partner in funding this team will allow her to focus on other projects that need attention.

Mr. Ford has passed his test and Keira sees no reason to let it continue any longer. Since it's just the two of them in this business venture, then it's only fair that each of them contribute 50% of the funding to the team. That is the next step as Keira nods her head, "I am."

Snapping her fingers, Keira summons her lawyer who presents some papers and lays them in front of Mr. Ford. It's a contract. Pretty much saying they are equal business partners, both will fund 50% of the funds for this team, etc. "Feel free to take your time looking over that contract if you wish, Mr. Ford, or we can both sign it now."

If Mr. Ford is smart, he'll take the contract to have his lawyer's look over it before signing it. Any smart business man knows to do this just in case the other is trying to slip something shady passed them. Not that Keira would, but one can never be too cautious.

@damon_ford (OOC: Not a prob, my friend. ^_^)

Damon_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I am."

From the inside out, Damon's intentions with the team unraveled before Kiera's sapphire eyes; and bought them she did. "Delightful" the Spaniard's hawkish grin was followed with a quaint tongue-click, " 'tis better be safe than to be sorry, no?" Damon joked, smoothly sliding the files into his palm the second they were set down.

Another business deal successful, Damon slightly bows his head towards the blonde misteress returning it with another smile, "Pleasure doing business with you Ms. Hawke." With his left hand, Ford reaches his hand out towards Keira for one last farewell.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damon_ford:

Keira nods in agreement, definitely better safe than sorry. But she notes that hawkish grin. He's a shrewd businessman. At least, that's the impression Keira is getting from him. Could be the vibes coming off of him. Who knows?

Keira looks at his extended left hand, checking if something is hidden in it with her super senses. If nothing is, then she takes his left hand with her own, gently shaking his hand before letting go. "A pleasure as well, Mr. Ford."

Keira will remain here for the time being. He hasn't come off as someone who has ulterior motives but one can never be too sure. For now, it's good to have a funding partner. It'll be interesting what the future lies for them both.

(OOC: I think it's good to end here. I had fun. Thanks Red Jay. ^_^)

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By HumansFirst

"How are we doing, Herric?"

"It's like I've been saying, Don. We're firing up our base but the public remains divided. Heroes and business types have come out for and against this thing. Keira Hawke, and the Alpha Guard are all pretty harshly against, and Lena Dante recently slayed us back in DC, but Selebrity gave HR 3911 a lukewarm endorsement, and Arthur Mark recently came out for it. So, neck and neck. If we want to really make any progress, we need to reach out to the Superhero community."

"Tch. I suppose I've put it off long enough. Do you have the latest proposals on the Hill? The ones mentioning 'cooperation' and all the other such nonsense?"

"Well, yes. Oversight from law enforcement, a network of reporting and accountability, requests from specific agencies when things do go awry and vigilantes might be needed. It's all there, Don."

"Alright. Get me a meeting with the JLA. If we're going to put on a show of 'good will', we might as well start with the big names.

"Right away."

3 Days Later

The JLA's public relations headquarters was impressive, there was no doubt about that. Shining chrome, wide open spaces and glass, lots and lots of glass, gave an impression not only that the JLA was looking to the future, but also that it was open, welcoming to all who wished to gaze with them.

It was sickening.

The future was not all peace and hope. In it lie blood and chaos, a final test of humanity's mettle against a foe far greater in ability, and growing in number by the day.

But that wasn't why Donovan Glost had come here. No, there'd be time for drawing blood in the future. Today was made for a more gradual step to metahuman subjugation, one more subtle, more nuanced. The easiest way to eradicate a race was to get them to sign their own death certificate, after all. The Indians had taught him that. While everyone else learned of the inhumanity of it all, Glost had learned something altogether different. To kill an enemy, sign away their right to oppose, so that when they do it comes as a shock, a betrayal on their part, rather than one's own.

That right would be signed away today, or, at the very least, in the coming days. For now, Glost stood in the open lobby, a singular desk, wide and accommodating enough for up to six receptionists, lie in the middle of the room, flanked by two grand pillars bearing the familiar faces of the JLA's poster children, Superion and Shield Maiden. No doubt on the other side he would find long, draping banners depicting the rest, but for now it was their steely blue eyes he looked into.

Finally, the person ahead of him finished her business and was on her way. The receptionist, a dashing young professional with close cut, jet black hair, smiled his fake wide smile as he nodded Glost forward. "Hi there! Welcome to the Justice League Alliance's PRHQ! Please, feel free to take a brochure and a sticker set! If you'd like a guided tour of the museum, pleas—"

Glost winced at the pain of biting his tongue for so long, and finally interrupted the overcheerful tirade of JLA, fanboy positivity.

"No, thank you. I don't need anything of the sort. I'm here to speak with, well..."He gestured to the huge banners, each bearing the smiling face of another hero. "them. I believe my people came into contact with your people a few days ago. I'm Donovan Glost, head of the HFF. I'm expected."

The color drained from the receptionist's face at the mention of the HFF, but being the perpetual professional that he was, his smile never faltered and he didn't skip a beat. "Alright, let me just check the itinerary, and I'll be right with you Mr. Glost. One second please." The sounds of a frantically tapping keyboard started up, and a hushed but reverent phone call after that. The man with the never-faltering grin nodded in the closest approximation to solemnity Glost imagined he'd ever experience on the job, and called him forward.

Finally. It's time to make some real progress.

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

With her electric blue's and discerning thoughts, the warrior princess sat silently in an office that veiled her from the meeting that would soon drown out the sounds of a vigorous documenting machine, and a distant telephone that cycled with admirers of the team. While she was honored by the many that looked up to their image, she despised the attention that came with being apart of an alliance that echoed throughout the cosmos. In truth the only reason she accepted her mother's blessing to venture into America was because it aligned with the prophecy that shackled itself onto her forearms. If not for that she would still be the wandering huntress interfering in mortal affairs as she searched for answers to her childhood. While she was honored to be taken in by the members of the league after their confrontation with the God of War, she felt as empty as a hydriskos. Perhaps it was her independent nature, or the lack of clarity that still weighed over her shoulders.

Whatever the answers may be, she soon would be enlightened by the High Priestess of Delphi and Puthios Apollo. As the second hand above moved clock wise and she patiently waited for the members of her team to arrive with their guest, the depowered goddess eyed the wall that separated her role as a royal princess from the meeting room. One might assume she was avoiding a political discussion with the head of the Human First Foundation out of fear, but much like the mysteries of life there was much to learn about Helena Troy. The public knew very little of the Shield-Maiden, and she wanted to keep it that way. The little the world knew about her personal origin and character, the less predictable she would be. While she was a member of the Justice League Alliance, there was a part of her that was uncertain about continuing her membership and citizenship as soon as her journey was over. Whether they desired it or not, the day would come where she had to return to her dimension where her people awaited her return.

It was the reason she avoided the press and hindered her voice from the proposed bill that furthered the divide of a nation once strengthened by unity. As a princess to her own nation, it would have been also unwise to threaten the secrecy of her people with a public declaration that she was royalty. If there was one fundamental truth she learned as she walked the earth for as long as she did, it was that politicians and the media were as crafty at deceit as Pandora. In the political climate of today, the government held the means to bend her story and announce she was a threat to national security. With the media's aid, they would sow the seeds of deception into the hearts of their audience and question if she was committing acts of espionage for her nation.

Man would then take to the streets and slander her name without knowing the truth behind her stay in their dimension. If only those who claimed she was paranoid had witnessed the world before in her blue lens. She witnessed Hitler blame the Jews for his own misfortunes and the erratic behavior of Kaiser Willhelm The II. Her ears listened to the radio waves in Great Britain as it was revealed that President D. Roosevelt allowed fear to guide his pen, signing an executive order that violated the Constitutional Right's of Japanese Americans by imprisoning them in Internment Camps. As a ten year old girl, she remembered walking through the ruins of Rome and hearing agonized screams of burning flesh and gnashing teeth. The blasphemous Nero had blamed the Christian community for the Great Fire of Rome, committing unspeakable acts that dwelt in her mind till this day. It took hearing the voice of Donovan Glost for the images of Christians being devoured by dogs and ignited as torches for her to snap back to reality.

She did not intend to participate in the meeting with Superion and Mr. Glost, but she did postpone her schedule to aid the Man of Steel. While she was not one to judge the intentions of others without evidence, the brain child did not trust the head of the company. Just like Hitler and Nero, the man may have been gifted with a polished tongue. If Lucas was able to steer the discussion in their favor by asking questions that might make Mr. Glost wince in his seat, then she could possibly determine if the spokesman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. At the same time, the depowered goddess was here to listen and further her opinion on the matter. She did not wish to accuse anyone of deception, and she truly wanted to believe no one was being led astray. If by any chance her suspicions did increase by the end of the meeting, the warrior princess might find herself acting on the contingencies she had formulated in private. Helena did not wish to interfere if she did not have to, but if she had to stand by the league and the guard against a tyrant, then she would commence an undisclosed plan the league would not approve of. She told Lucas earlier when the meeting was over to meet her for lunch so she could express her thoughts on what transpired. Now with her heightened sense of hearing, the Planestrider waited for both Lucas and Mr. Glost to enter the room next door from her location.

@superion_prime@humansfirst

I left three things purposefully out for my next post, which will be up at the end of the meeting:

• Why doesn't Helena just use the Lasso of Apollo on Glost.
  • Her personal stance on the bill.
  • Her plan.
HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the slightest hint of hesitation, the receptionist put down the phone, took a moment to compose himself, and looked into the eyes of the wolf once more. "Right this way, Mr. Glost!" And with a cheery wave of his hand, they were off.

The pair snaked their way past impressive displays full of the JLA's spoils. Tools of villainy, decommissioned and disarmed, lay in large glass display cases, the signage next to them proudly displaying dates and times, descriptions of the persons foiled and how. Past these were the glass elevators which rose along the building's exterior, the gleaming lights of the utopian architecture instilled in him a sense of rising purpose, of hope. Feelings he actively fought against. This was the den of the enemy, after all. There was no reason to grant them the advantage of emotional imbalance.

Finally, the elevator glided to a stop and his guide bid him adieu. He stepped out into a hallway, made a left as he had been instructed, and walked into a large conference room, tastefully adorned, with the JLA's signature emblem set into the wood of a spectacular round table. Behind that table, Metro City, in all its gleaming splendor. At its head, the visage of honor, pride, and justice.

Superion.

It was a meeting he'd prepared himself for time and again, but standing across from the man, there came an air of impenetrable, undeniable optimism, a gleaming vision of the future as the JLA hoped to shape it, with its heroes as the paragons that humanity might aspire to.

It was enough to make his stomach turn. But he couldn't very well lead off with that, could he?

And so, with his face a perfect mask of pure admiration, he stepped back, framing Superion with his thumbs and index fingers.

"Well, I can tell you for certain that the cameras don't do you justice, Mr. Superion. You cut an impressive figure with the city as your backdrop. An impressive figure indeed. But where are my manners? My name is Donovan Glost, head of the Humans First Foundation. You've heard of us, haven't you? Of course you have, though I suspect your opinion of us is less than stellar."

He laughed easily, his smile natural and his tone amicable as he approached, his hand extended to meet that of his host.

"I aim to improve that image. Trust me, we're not as unreasonable as the media cuts us out to be, and to prove that to you I came to talk to you about a certain bill. HR 3911, the Vigilante Surveillance bill. I don't know if you've heard of it—you are a very busy man, after all— but it's been making the rounds in the news lately. It's left the nation quite divided, if I'm being honest, and I thought that a sincere dialogue might do everyone some good."He sat himself in the chair nearest Superion, nodding to his host as he spoke, a subtle trick meant to encourage affirmation by the opposite party. "But before we discuss my plans for the future, tell me, what are your thoughts on the bill? I know there's been a lot of misinformation going around, but the most recent developments out of Congress are quite reasonable, I assure you. Still, I'd like to hear your thoughts, just so I can get a sense of where to begin, if you don't mind."He cradled his chin in his fingers, slipping his sunglasses off and placing them gingerly on the table, leaning forward to indicate his sincere interest, and to better read the venerable Man of Steel.

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By superion_prime

(OOC: Shield-Maiden and Lamar (John) are not going to be able to post as often as us so go ahead and post. ^_^)

When Superion gets the call from the JLA's receptionist that Donovan Glost from the Humans First foundation wants a meeting with him, the Man of Steel almost immediately says no based mainly on the fact that only what is known about the man and that organization is nothing beyond what the media themselves know. Plus, with HR-3911 in circulation right now he was waiting for the bill to pass or fail before giving his opinion on the matter. So rather than fuel the flames of a hot topic, Superion chose to stay out of the spotlight for the time being. But now he's being placed within it.

With the knowledge this is a private meeting, at least for now, Superion reluctantly agrees and the receptionist passes the word to Mr. Glost.. Although he wishes the rest of his team was here, they are busy with others matters. John, the Prince of Atlantis, is supposed to show up but he might be late. If Superion can hear Shield-Maiden's heartbeat, he gives no indication he is aware of her presence.

Superion beams down from the JLA moon base and down to their Earth bound headquarters before making his way to the conference room used mainly for Earth bound meetings. He has a seat and waits. It is not long before Donovan Glost is shown inside. As the Man of Steel takes a look at the man, he's very well dressed with perfect hair. He's the picture of perfection with a hidden intelligence that speaks of an unknown agenda.

Mr. Glost introduces himself, extending his hand even as he talks a mile a minute. Superion, out of courtesy and being polite, shakes his hand in return with his own smile added only in response to Mr. Glost's laugh. Then, as the two have a seat the Man of Steel notes the subtle nod to him which is meant to encourage a positive response, as well as an affirmation, from him.

No Caption Provided

With the utmost patience, Superion listens to Donovan until he finishes, which leaves the Man of Steel to give this man his thoughts on the bill. True to form, the Man of Tomorrow thinks before he speaks, choosing his words as carefully as possible or at least trying to. "Thank you for coming, Mr. Glost and it's a pleasure to meet you." Superion is sincere here and there is deceit in his voice or body language. It is genuinely a pleasure to meet Mr. Glost regardless of the Man of Steel's private thoughts about the man. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Superion continues, "To answer your question earlier, I have heard of HR-3911. It is a controversial bill in that we both agree. Regardless of it's controversy, people from both sides are talking about it and still are to this day. That means America at large is taking this bill into serious consideration since it's been, and remains, in the spotlight. With this much attention given to this bill, it can be given the opportunity to show the American people it's worth considering regardless if it passes or not."

With these words, Superion paints the bill as a good thing simply based on the fact it's got people talking and debating about it. It's front and center of almost every conversation, weather it's a bad opinion or a good one. That means the bill is important and it should be because if it passes, it'll have long lasting ramifications that will be felt for years to come. Superion chooses to start off this way for a reason in order to help Mr. Glost feel at ease. At least, that is the hope.

If allowed, Superion continues and moves to answer the question raised about his thoughts on the bill as a whole, "I've been watching the news about HR-3911 and honestly, I'm on the fence about it. While the ones who are denouncing the bill have made very good points, those, such as yourself, have also made great points as well. Please, let me elaborate."

"The concerns raised by those denouncing HR-3911 have merit. The bill will limit the ability of heroes who are just trying to do their jobs. However, the bill also ensures the that the law is honored, encouraging the heroes around the world to work with law enforcement agencies in order to bring criminals to justice. So, as someone who is on the fence about this, I can see both viewpoints because both sides have legitimate concerns as well as the benefits that the bill can give. There are other concerns about the bill being raised by heroes who have yet to come forward about their thoughts on the matter. Some heroes don't want their private information placed in a law enforcement database, so they wonder if the bill passes will be required of them in order to work with law enforcement officials? Would they be required to reveal any possible secret identities and how is the bill different from a typical City's own surveillance with cameras in place to make sure drivers obey the speed limit or see them robbing a store? These questions, and more, are some of the concerns from the hero community and not necessarily from myself." Again, no deceit. Superion is being straight forward and honest.

Then Superion stops himself, then he suddenly smiles, "Sorry for bombarding you with questions at the end there." Now the Man of Steel let's Mr. Glost either say his own words about the bill and even address the questions and concerns Superion has raised.

John_Taylors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Prince of Atlantis stood in the JLA Watchtower with his mind in the clouds. Superion had wanted him to attend the meeting with the so called Donovan Glost who came to speak about the so called HR-3911 bill. Despite the bill not particularly having a huge place in his heart John had agreed to attend to support his friend Superion. John was an Ambassador, not a politician. But he believed he could sit through a small chat with his team.

No Caption Provided

Pressing his finger to his ear and beaming himself down to the Hall Of Justice John would step out in his civilian clothing and press closer to the two men. Taking a look at Donovan John would nod to him and extend his hand "Hello, I am John, Prince of Atlantis. My apologies for being late." John by default trusted politicians not. Politicians of Atlantis were responsible for the King casting him down into the deep as a baby. For him being shunned his entire life, and due to this he retained a born disdain for most men or women calling themselves in that nature. But he had promised Superion he would keep a level head.

"What have we been discussing?"

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By HumansFirst

He listened, picking apart the statements in his mind, trying to get at the root of the hero's anxiety. He twisted in his seat, crossing one leg over the other as leaned back, brow furrowed as he nodded at every one of the statuesque hero's statements. When the questions came and went, Glost brushed back his hair, cleared his throat, and began his response, his voice measured, empathetic, and most of all, calm.

"You have, my friend, captured the public's concerns in a nutshell. Yes, it would limit the ability of some heroes to perform their work, but not all. This bill is more focused on those with the resources to observe a large number of US citizens simultaneously, so, in essence, teams like the JLA and Alpha Guard would be most effected. You see, it is the opinion of myself and those like me that such powerful surveillance apparatuses are inherently dangerous. The JLA has been quite judicious in the use of such knowledge thus far, but surely you can see how dangerous several unregulated organizations with such technology could be?"

He stopped, suddenly aware of another stranger who had just arrived via the JLA's much envied teleportation system.

"Ah, another member of the Justice League Alliance, I assume? Well, John, Prince of Atlantis, it is indeed nice to meet you." He shook the offered hand, smiling as he did so. "We were just discussing the latest item setting us apart, HR 3911, the vigilante surveillance bill. I trust you've heard of it? Well, in any case, I want to assure you both that while many misinterpret it to mean that most heroes would have to go through some sort of law enforcement verification this is simply not true. The bill targets those vigilantes capable of wide-scale surveillance in particular, asking for those teams and individuals to work more closely with law enforcement, making it so that electronic data gathering or monitoring must be consented to by an appropriate US law enforcement agency. There would not be any need to register yourself with law enforcement unless you are capable of such monitoring. Even under those circumstances individuals would not be targeted by law enforcement, unless any one individual has access to a large surveillance apparatus, which seems unlikely. It really is targeted more toward organizations, treating them as foreign entities for the purpose of surveillance and 'spy-like activities', for loss of a better phrase."

He shook his head, brushing away the hair which had fallen out of place during his explanation and tucking it back behind his ear.

"But as I said, specifics are not really what I wish to explore in this meeting. I just wanted you both to rest assured that the purpose of this bill is not registration of extrahuman entities or vigilantes. It is a regulation of the power afforded to them, certainly, but not an act that targets the individual directly. That being said, I am glad this came up. You see, there seems to be an awful lot of misinformation on the bill itself, and several individuals who have taken hard-line stances for and against it without fully comprehending what it is. That's what I wanted to talk to you all about."

Donovan Glost reached down to the silver case resting by his legs, releasing the snaps and withdrawing a single sheet of glossy card stock, intricate designs and ornate text adorning its surface.

No Caption Provided

"The way I see it, we, as Americans, can talk past each other, making all sorts of announcements on the news, refuting one another remotely, or we can talk with each other. We can come together and discuss our fears and our concerns, the noble and the petty both. Inform one another, truly understand each other, and then, when we are ready, we can decide how to better move forward. Together. We will be united as Americans, even if our ideas are not compatible we will at least see that the person on the other side is not evil or uncaring, but human, and perhaps even a friend."

@paragonxxx@shield-maiden@john_taylors

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst:

Great post! I really wish this was all happening after "A Journey Into The Sun," because then Helena would accept her fate as Shield-Maiden and actually involve herself in politics D:

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: You guys are free to place the event wherever you want, timeline wise. I don't need it to be at any particular time.